Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

Big_Gazza

Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

Post  Big_Gazza on Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:15 am

The wetness isn't fuel, at least not predominantly.  The 2nd and 3rd pics are of different aircraft, and in both cases the tarmac is wet, and to a greater extent than a punctured fuel tank can account for.  

I'd say both pics are unrelated instances of combat damage, and IMHO don't provide any evidence to support the Jihadi goat fuckers contention of their attack damaging any aircraft.
    eehnie

Post  eehnie on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:01 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Why post this drivel? Foreign policy is far from being honest or objective.

I noticed you been posting a lot of stupid bullshit from stupid bullshit websites? Care to explain yourself?

As a note: kadyrov cannot act internationally beyond what federal laws allow. In other words, he isn't acting beyond what Kremlin agrees to. The rest is media sensation bs.

I post stuff that I think some on here might find interesting, especially background stuff that I find in my travels on the web, in this case you are clearly not one of them. I do not categorise sites so "stupid bullshit websites" is a meaningless phrase to me.

Just put me on ignore.

Actually, if you contribute to the Gish Gallop of anti-Russian propaganda, then you ain't so squeaky clean.

The proper procedure is for all NATO propagandists to be banned from this site.   NATO maggots have plenty of other boards and the whole
    western MSM to spread their hate drivel.
    If that was aimed at me perhaps you could be a bit more specific about my anti Russian propaganda?

It is so clear your role here since a lot of time. Last example is you finding all the shit on this, but posting nothing about the defeat of the rebels in the Bayt Jinn area.
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:28 pm

eehnie wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Why post this drivel? Foreign policy is far from being honest or objective.

I noticed you been posting a lot of stupid bullshit from stupid bullshit websites? Care to explain yourself?

As a note: kadyrov cannot act internationally beyond what federal laws allow. In other words, he isn't acting beyond what Kremlin agrees to. The rest is media sensation bs.

I post stuff that I think some on here might find interesting, especially background stuff that I find in my travels on the web, in this case you are clearly not one of them. I do not categorise sites so "stupid bullshit websites" is a meaningless phrase to me.

Just put me on ignore.

Actually, if you contribute to the Gish Gallop of anti-Russian propaganda, then you ain't so squeaky clean.

The proper procedure is for all NATO propagandists to be banned from this site.   NATO maggots have plenty of other boards and the whole
    western MSM to spread their hate drivel.
    If that was aimed at me perhaps you could be a bit more specific about my anti Russian propaganda?

It is so clear your role here since a lot of time. Last example is you finding all the shit on this, but posting nothing about the defeat of the rebels in the Bayt Jinn area.

No it's fucking not. John has been reliable poster from way back MP.net days, much longer before you even knew where Syria or the Ukraine are and before anyone heard about your stupid fanboy ass. 

So show some fucking respect you ignorant little pisshead.
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Thanks for the words of support Papa. Whilst he sometimes posts good stuff he can be an ignorant fool blinded by his own prejudices at times like this and especially in the Syria threads.

Eehnie, perhaps you could explain what my role is, since no-one else has given me or told me about a role?
    Regular

Post  Regular on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Maybe time to build some aircraft shelters, eh?
    kvs

Post  kvs on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:27 pm

Regular wrote:Maybe time to build some aircraft shelters, eh?

Maybe time to stop taking goat-fu*cker claims at face value.

We have zero confirmation of any actual aircraft damage. The location of the two casualties is not obviously in the middle of the tarmac either.
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:23 pm

kvs wrote:

We have zero confirmation of any actual aircraft damage.    The location of the two casualties is not obviously in the middle of the tarmac either.

Meh, people can peddle whatever bullshit they want on this forums obviously. Its a forum after all.

calm

Post  calm on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:34 pm

SYRIAN NATIONAL DEFENSE FORCES SHOOT DOWN TWO ARMED UAVS NEAR HMEIMIM AIRBASE
    https://southfront.org/syrian-national-defense-forces-shoot-down-two-armed-uavs-near-hmeimim-airbase/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Exclusive: Syria’s NDF Shoot Down Primitive Drone Near Russian Air-Base In Lattakia – Video
    https://muraselon.com/en/2018/01/exclusive-syrias-ndf-shoot-primitive-drone-near-russian-air-base-lattakia-video/
    franco

Post  franco on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Reports that the mortar attack came from a 2B9 Vasilka automatic 82mm mortar most likely canceled in a trailer or back of a large truck.

http://bastion-opk.ru/2b9-vasilek/
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:00 pm

Reports that the mortar attack came from a 2B9 Vasilka automatic 82mm mortar most likely canceled in a trailer or back of a large truck.

Is there a source?

Regarding the reports about damaged aircraft, it's likely there was some damage (irrespective whether the photos are legit or not) since the mortar attack has been confirmed
    calm

Post  calm on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:44 pm

again

#Syria #Latakia #Jablah some reports say Missiles intercepted others say plane/drone

Big explosion shakes the city of Jabla and pro SAA sites are talking about Russians intercepting a Plane/drone carrying bombs that was going to bomb hmeimim airport

https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/949410070923825152

ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:11 am

Can't fault the "rebels" for trying. Good strategy. Anything they get is a plus.

Russians should do what they must to protect their assets.
    franco

Post  franco on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:14 am

Cyberspec wrote:

Is there a source?

Regarding the reports about damaged aircraft, it's likely there was some damage (irrespective whether the photos are legit or not) since the mortar attack has been confirmed

The first article under the picture is the the story.
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:20 am

Heavily loaded northbound

Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:08 am

archangelski wrote:At least some damages to aircrafts :

Su-24 No 29 (from the pic) at 01.17 in the video looks in good condition...report is from yesterday...unless the footage is older
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:41 am

Cyberspec wrote:
    archangelski wrote:At least some damages to aircrafts :

Su-24 No 29 (from the pic) at 01.17 in the video looks in good condition...report is from yesterday...unless the footage is older

Stock footage filler. Still do not know where and when from anything given so far.

America can readily give us all the "proof" that is needed if 7 jets were totaled. Private high resolution satellite photography companies
    exist. Syria is not overcast 24/7.
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:47 am

ATLASCUB wrote:Can't fault the "rebels" for trying. Good strategy. Anything they get is a plus.

From the "evidence" so far it was nothing more than a terrorist style attack. The "rebels" are not capable of opening up any
    new front in Latakia and are certainly unable to inflict significant damage on Russian assets. Coverage of this event
    shows the usual strains of anti-Russian BS. Russia apparently fails if the "rebels" can do a token amount of damage.
    But Russia never wins even though the jihadis are losing and we are going to see the remaining jihadi pockets cleaned
    out by the end of the year.
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:55 am

kvs wrote:....Russia apparently fails if the "rebels" can do a token amount of damage.
    But Russia never wins even though the jihadis are losing and we are going to see the remaining jihadi pockets cleaned

Pretty much sums up the situation
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:01 am

Cyberspec wrote:
    kvs wrote:....Russia apparently fails if the "rebels" can do a token amount of damage.

And nobody is claiming credit for this

Looks like they are seriously shitting their pants

They tried probably without believing that they would even hit anything, they landed couple of shots somehow and now they don't know what to do because they never planned this far ahead

How to take credit without getting erased from existence?
    BKP

Post  BKP on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:55 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:

And nobody is claiming credit for this

Looks like they are seriously shitting their pants

They tried probably without believing that they would even hit anything, they landed couple of shots somehow and now they don't know what to do because they never planned this far ahead

How to take credit without getting erased from existence?

Whatever the damage done to the airbase was or wasn't, this doesn't amount to a hill of beans in the end. In two months time it'll be pretty much forgotten. In regard to base security, some adjustments will be made within and without. It was probably inevitable something like this would occur at some point. I'm only surprised it took this long. But, what's the casualty ratio at this point, roughly, something like 1000+ to 1 vs. Russians? Long term, that's in no way sustainable... for the terrorists.

As for what group is specifically responsible, doubt it much matters either. All terrorist groups are being rolled up. Those in the northwest are in particular focus right now -- HTS, etc. Inevitably, whoever did it will get it. It's possible they already have.

ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:12 am

kvs wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:Can't fault the "rebels" for trying. Good strategy. Anything they get is a plus.

From the "evidence" so far it was nothing more than a terrorist style attack.   The "rebels" are not capable of opening up any
    new front in Latakia and are certainly unable to inflict significant damage on Russian assets.   Coverage of this event
    shows the usual strains of anti-Russian BS.   Russia apparently fails if the "rebels" can do a token amount of damage.

When you consider that these rats are worthless meat in the grand scheme of things, anything they get off the Russians is, like I said, a PLUS. For those behind them that's the metric of success = How much can these rats hurt the opposing side. Anything, insignificant as one might think it's, is, in effect, a return on investment.

That's how they think, which is why they go through the trouble of doing so. The optics are perhaps, a bigger return on investment than the actual deed...as you described. Sweet bonus.
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:49 pm

The days of one bomb at a time seem to have gone now. This lot, clearly intended to be landing in close proximity, is going to really ruin someone's day.

calm

Post  calm on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:57 pm

Allegedly another drone shot down over Latakia.

Rebels increasingly use weaponized drones to hit Regime positions in #Latakia CS & #Russia|n Airbase in #Khmeimim. Another one reportedly shot down today over Jablah after several missiles targeted it. At least 3rd one ine a week.
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:19 pm

They say in title"

Black hatred of the Russians and the regime on the city of Latamna in 2017

So Russians are using parachute bombs?

And below form Russia with love for US mignons. KAB 1500 @ work.

Regular

Post  Regular on Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:01 pm

kvs wrote:

We have zero confirmation of any actual aircraft damage.    The location of the two casualties is not obviously in the middle of the tarmac either.

I don't believe terrorist propaganda, yet I think this could very well happen due to lack of protection for jets as seen in footage. I believe even if those rumours are fake some kind of security measure will be taken.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:46 am