Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Share
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2118
    Points : 2134
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:03 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:According to people in the know 2 KIA 3 WIA.

    The cell was made of locals. Syrian Interior Ministry is on the task.

    Russians better move around Syria in proper MRAPs like the Typhoon.
    Riding hobo on light skin kamaz trucks or on top of BTRs is a deadly choice.
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 657
    Points : 661
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:06 pm

    franco wrote:First reports that Mig-31's have joined the Russian Air Base in Syria.Would suspect to ensure non-interference from foreign air forces in Syria and Lebanon, as the war against ISIS winds down and the next phase starts.  

    Yes there is 3-4 there from what the air guys said.
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2118
    Points : 2134
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:30 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    franco wrote:First reports that Mig-31's have joined the Russian Air Base in Syria.Would suspect to ensure non-interference from foreign air forces in Syria and Lebanon, as the war against ISIS winds down and the next phase starts.  

    Yes there is 3-4 there from what the air guys said.

    There's very little some few MiG-31s bring to the table, unless they have few proper AWACS platforms to commit to that war, without putting their own airspace in peril. As I understand they have about 25 A-50s in service (I know, quite low for a country the size of Russia), why they have not given permanent presence to one in Syria is beyond me.
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2118
    Points : 2134
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:32 pm


    iBRABO‏
    @iBRABO_com
    27m27 minutes ago

    By #Geolocating the Tahrir al Sham (#HTS) VBIED attack on a #Russia/n convoy yesterday it places the attack just outside of Bustan al Basha, #Latakia. Just 1.6 kms from the entrance to Khmeimim Air Base. The person recording the attack was ONLY 130m away! #RiskMonitoring #OSINT

    Not as bad as Camp bastion, but lets hope this doesn't become a trend.
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 657
    Points : 661
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:39 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    franco wrote:First reports that Mig-31's have joined the Russian Air Base in Syria.Would suspect to ensure non-interference from foreign air forces in Syria and Lebanon, as the war against ISIS winds down and the next phase starts.  

    Yes there is 3-4 there from what the air guys said.

    There's very little some few MiG-31s bring to the table, unless they have few proper AWACS platforms to commit to that war, without putting their own airspace in peril. As I understand they have about 25 A-50s in service (I know, quite low for a country the size of Russia), why they have not given permanent presence to one in Syria is beyond me.

    Syria isn't a huge country and they already have other air to air units in the airbase that amount of 31's is quite fair.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5140
    Points : 5203
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:57 pm

    Claimed to have used a Patriot SAM. Flying over Syrian territory currently occupied by the Israelis.

    SURA‏ @AlSuraEnglish
    4h4 hours ago

    #BREAKING - #Israel shoots down #Russian Orlan-10 drone flying over Golan Heights



    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOWePcfXcAAP3HT.jpg
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 903
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Isos on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:08 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Claimed to have used a Patriot SAM. Flying over Syrian territory currently occupied by the Israelis.

    SURA‏ @AlSuraEnglish
    4h4 hours ago

    #BREAKING - #Israel shoots down #Russian Orlan-10 drone flying over Golan Heights



    Nice I hope their EW systems were recording the emission of the radar cheers
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5574
    Points : 5678
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:50 pm

    franco wrote:From Gerasimov's speech the other day in regards to Syria;

    ......

    Practically all the flight personnel of the operational-tactical and army aviation acquired combat experience. Many of them showed themselves to be real air aces."

    I'm sure that experience gathered is immense and vital but good old Garry may be getting ahead of himself with 'ace' part.

    They need to have some air to air scalps before they can be called aces.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5574
    Points : 5678
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:53 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:According to people in the know 2 KIA 3 WIA.

    The cell was made of locals. Syrian Interior Ministry is on the task.

    Russians better move around Syria in proper MRAPs like the Typhoon.
    Riding hobo on light skin kamaz trucks or on top of BTRs is a deadly choice.

    My thought exactly and for quite a while.

    Going bare kamaz is stupid and those capsule trucks aren't any better.

    If true then they got sloppy big time.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5140
    Points : 5203
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:05 pm

    monitoring‏ @warsmonitoring
    2h2 hours ago
    Replying to @warsmonitoring

    First(?) look inside of Alexandr Tkachenko. Frequently photographed by @YorukIsik(outside) this is the lower deck loading/en route to Tartus, Syria.






    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1487
    Points : 1487
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  miketheterrible on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:12 pm

    So far, I haven't seen anything on these deaths.

    Seems its been denied and the explosion was a fuel tank dropped.
    avatar
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2039
    Points : 2204
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:30 am

    Russia flag RoRo Alexandr Tkachenko transits Bosphorus en route to #Tartus #Syria carrying Zil, KamAZ & Ural trucks
    https://twitter.com/YorukIsik/status/929248437505314816
    avatar
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2039
    Points : 2204
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:45 am

    JohninMK wrote:Claimed to have used a Patriot SAM. Flying over Syrian territory currently occupied by the Israelis.

    SURA‏ @AlSuraEnglish
    4h4 hours ago

    #BREAKING - #Israel shoots down #Russian Orlan-10 drone flying over Golan Heights

    3 x Patriots?....seems like a lot for an Orlan-10

    ...

    Su-34 with 2xKAB-1500L over Latakia. And close up of KAB-500Kr Hmeimim Air Base.
    https://twitter.com/warsmonitoring/status/926782778309578752

    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5574
    Points : 5678
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  PapaDragon on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:22 am

    Cyberspec wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Claimed to have used a Patriot SAM. Flying over Syrian territory currently occupied by the Israelis.

    SURA‏ @AlSuraEnglish
    4h4 hours ago

    #BREAKING - #Israel shoots down #Russian Orlan-10 drone flying over Golan Heights

    3 x Patriots?....seems like a lot for an Orlan-10

    ...

    Su-34 with 2xKAB-1500L over Latakia. And close up of KAB-500Kr Hmeimim Air Base.
    https://twitter.com/warsmonitoring/status/926782778309578752
    .......

    Loving that missile count. With that approach Russia wins any war without even warming up manned aircraft. thumbsup
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 1526
    Points : 1551
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  eehnie on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:46 am

    JohninMK wrote:

    It would be interesting to identify correctly the tank too.
    avatar
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2039
    Points : 2204
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Cyberspec on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:12 am

    T-72BM3...just a guess as it's hard to say for sure from that distance

    PapaDragon wrote:Loving that missile count. With that approach Russia wins any war without even warming up manned aircraft. thumbsup

    The Russian hackers did it...thy're f.cking everywhere  What a Face

    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2118
    Points : 2134
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  KiloGolf on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:09 am

    Cyberspec wrote:T-72BM3...just a guess as it's hard to say for sure from that distance

    Unless it's just one for field tests or Latakia air-base garrison, it wouldn't make sense to send these to SAA as aid, in any number.
    If it's SAA aid indeed, I'd go for old school T-72B obr 1989.

    ATLASCUB

    Posts : 190
    Points : 192
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  ATLASCUB on Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:20 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Claimed to have used a Patriot SAM. Flying over Syrian territory currently occupied by the Israelis.

    SURA‏ @AlSuraEnglish
    4h4 hours ago

    #BREAKING - #Israel shoots down #Russian Orlan-10 drone flying over Golan Heights

    3 x Patriots?....seems like a lot for an Orlan-10

    ...

    Su-34 with 2xKAB-1500L over Latakia. And close up of KAB-500Kr Hmeimim Air Base.
    https://twitter.com/warsmonitoring/status/926782778309578752
    .......

    Loving that missile count. With that approach Russia wins any war without even warming up manned aircraft. thumbsup

    Israel is not paying for those.
    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1327
    Points : 1329
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  calm on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:25 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:According to people in the know 2 KIA 3 WIA.

    The cell was made of locals. Syrian Interior Ministry is on the task.

    Russians better move around Syria in proper MRAPs like the Typhoon.
    Riding hobo on light skin kamaz trucks or on top of BTRs is a deadly choice.


    Ain't gonna help. They just like nice view Very Happy



    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3924
    Points : 3951
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:36 pm

    Russians are not going to change their way.

    1. It sets them apart from the locals. Which is not what the Russians wanted.
    2. It would force them get a double system, only reserved for them. Which isn't the way they were down since now.
    3. This comes after more than 2 years of failed attempts. The only worrying problem is that it is so close to the Russian base. Someone went really the extra mile.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1487
    Points : 1487
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  miketheterrible on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:09 pm

    Kote, I can't find any actual news on this other than saying denials. So far, Russia's been honest with reporting casualties and both Syrian military and Russian deny it according to almasdarnews. Plus I don't see anyone else reporting it.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3924
    Points : 3951
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:17 pm

    Wait until they get to unload the two KIA on an operational assignment. My sources are not some guys on Twitter.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5574
    Points : 5678
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  PapaDragon on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:24 pm

    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1487
    Points : 1487
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  miketheterrible on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:29 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:Wait until they get to unload the two KIA on an operational assignment. My sources are not some guys on Twitter.

    not saying your lying, just saying only news is from almasdarnews and so far, no evidence of such besides a claim from AQ and Syria saying it was drop tanks.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3924
    Points : 3951
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:35 pm

    Drop tanks that call for the second in commmand of the ISD to come inspect the site?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:28 pm