Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Share
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2761
    Points : 2743
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  miketheterrible on Fri May 25, 2018 1:10 am

    yeah, because it will work so well..........

    As Garry said, it worked well in 2008 for Georgia, right?
    avatar
    Hole

    Posts : 1154
    Points : 1154
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 42
    Location : Merkelland

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Hole on Fri May 25, 2018 11:01 am

    But the Ami got what he wanted back then. Cooperation between EU and Russia was put on hold. This time there are already "sanctions" in place, but nobody in the EU wants them anymore. A little war could change that. You know? "The evil russians attacking poor little Ukraine under the cover ot the world Cup".
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1168
    Points : 1240
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  auslander on Fri May 25, 2018 12:43 pm

    JohninMK wrote: Somehow I always thought that you were into understatements Smile

    Understatements conceal the real maniacal workings inside my brain bucket.
    avatar
    The-thing-next-door

    Posts : 470
    Points : 502
    Join date : 2017-09-18
    Location : Soviet Interdimentional Command

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  The-thing-next-door on Fri May 25, 2018 2:53 pm

    Hole wrote:Porky is really such a donkey. "Our beloved Nazis won against the Nazis!"

    My solution for the so called "Ukraine crisis" was from the start: ask the people of each region, what they want. If the people in Odessa want to join Russia, let them. If the people in Lviv want to join NAZO, let them.

    Correction you must first kill the nazis so that you can ask the people.

    Then if they want to join Russia let them if they don't kill them.

    Remember this rhetoric "смерть фашистам"? The ukrops need some good old Stalin/Khruschev era re-education by tank assualt.



    Last edited by The-thing-next-door on Sat May 26, 2018 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    The-thing-next-door

    Posts : 470
    Points : 502
    Join date : 2017-09-18
    Location : Soviet Interdimentional Command

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  The-thing-next-door on Fri May 25, 2018 3:01 pm

    Or one could always lobotamize the nazis and go on to talk about how they are moraly superior for not killing them. lol!

    Hmm I wonder if it would be possible to lif up ukraine and plonk it down in the Gulag now that would be a true contender the scientific achievment of the century lol!
    avatar
    Ispan

    Posts : 337
    Points : 351
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 41
    Location : Madrid

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Ispan on Fri May 25, 2018 6:26 pm

    Seems the people at Fort Russ had some problems and could not get my reports published until now

    Here's my latest piece, though it's not mine, just a revised translation with some editing of a Russian article.


    https://www.fort-russ.com/2018/05/donbass-at-war-the-siege-of-gorlovka-part-1/

    This is mine

    https://www.fort-russ.com/2018/05/no-ceasefire-in-sight-donbass-sitrep-may-11-20/
    avatar
    Ispan

    Posts : 337
    Points : 351
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 41
    Location : Madrid

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Ispan on Fri May 25, 2018 10:08 pm



    Follow up.

    https://www.fort-russ.com/2018/05/donbass-at-war-the-siege-of-gorlovka-part-2/


    https://www.fort-russ.com/2018/05/donbass-at-war-the-siege-of-gorlovka-part-3/
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6194
    Points : 6259
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  JohninMK on Sat May 26, 2018 12:07 am

    Great reporting there, nowhere else can what you write about be read.

    Tiny comment on your use of English. When you use the word 'bombing' it should actually in virtually all cases be 'shelling'. Shelling comes from barrels, bombing only comes from aircraft.

    Fascinating, keep it coming.
    avatar
    Godric

    Posts : 553
    Points : 573
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Godric on Sat May 26, 2018 7:06 pm

    i still think the attack will come from Kherson Oblast on Crimea and not on Donbass ... Ukraine will want a direct response from Russia and they won't get it from attacking Donbass
    avatar
    medo

    Posts : 3387
    Points : 3471
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  medo on Sat May 26, 2018 7:42 pm

    I doubt in this. Where could Ukraine get the needed army to attack Crimea? Only if they take their army from Donbass as practicaly whole Ukrainian army is there. They could not take army from Donbas, because in that case Novorussian army will very quickly destroy remaining units and liberate whole Donbass and maybe even other regions. Porky also know, that with attack on Crimea, russian cruise missiles will fall in his office in Kiev.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2761
    Points : 2743
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  miketheterrible on Sun May 27, 2018 7:34 am

    medo wrote:I doubt in this. Where could Ukraine get the needed army to attack Crimea? Only if they take their army from Donbass as practicaly whole Ukrainian army is there. They could not take army from Donbas, because in that case Novorussian army will very quickly destroy remaining units and liberate whole Donbass and maybe even other regions. Porky also know, that with attack on Crimea, russian cruise missiles will fall in his office in Kiev.

    There is that. There is also the possibility of mass defections cause they (Ukies) know they cannot stand up against Russian forces and or they may just flee anyways, much like Georgians did during the 2008 conflict after they weren't getting anywhere.

    There really isn't anywhere Ukies can go and do. All they can really do is attempt to attack Donbass/Lugansk but face heavy losses and possible loss of terrain after getting some gains. They could also maybe do indeed break through and take some more land from Donbass, but of course at heavy losses. All depends too on what Russia's reaction would be.
    avatar
    Godric

    Posts : 553
    Points : 573
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Godric on Sun May 27, 2018 1:08 pm

    medo wrote:I doubt in this. Where could Ukraine get the needed army to attack Crimea? Only if they take their army from Donbass as practicaly whole Ukrainian army is there. They could not take army from Donbas, because in that case Novorussian army will very quickly destroy remaining units and liberate whole Donbass and maybe even other regions. Porky also know, that with attack on Crimea, russian cruise missiles will fall in his office in Kiev.

    last year their were loads of videos of artillery, tanks, self propelled guns, troops apcs, grads, uragans, smerch, S300s and EW vechiles all headed or arrived at kherson oblast i have yet to see a video of them leaving Kherson

    dozens of Akatsiyas laid in fields next to the rail road, with dozens more Gvozdikas and MSTA-S and scores of grads and Uragans and dozens of MT-LBs with D-30s
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1168
    Points : 1240
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  auslander on Sun May 27, 2018 8:43 pm

    Godric wrote:i still think the attack will come from Kherson Oblast on Crimea and not on Donbass ... Ukraine will want a direct response from Russia and they won't get it from attacking Donbass

    We were at Balaklava today, 100 Year Anniversary of Border Control. Amongst other things we are Red Army, and we were supposed to help with the visiting civilians but it didn't work out that way. Somehow, an old foreign man arriving with Red Army, blinding white/pitch black summer dress 1943 Navy uniform, caused a bit of a stir. We are nobody but got dragged out, forced to take guided tours of the two large ships in harbor, then shown some interesting goodies on wheels and tracks. Suffice it to say this, and don't ask for photos, I can't, and if I could won't, post them.

    However, here's She and me sitting in what looks like a standard GAZ SUV, nothing particularly unusual or noticeable about it except for the standard blacked out side and rear windows, and we're watching the workers at the new TPP 6 klicks away. Up close and personal and in detail. The Lutanant showing us how to do the basic ops of the system said it has a range of about XXX klicks on level ground. What this means is for instance an orc north of the border, flat lands, can't take a piss behind a barn in a howling blizzard at midnight without these boys seeing how short his dick is and the trajectory of his stream, or lack thereof. Every single item in and on that SUV is made in Russia. Everything. Quality is top grade, never seen better, and assembly is a work of art. If you think a couple of these little stinkers are not sitting on the lines up north in Novorossiya, I've got some beach front land in the Gobi Desert to sell to you, great price and the water is clean and clear.
    avatar
    Ispan

    Posts : 337
    Points : 351
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 41
    Location : Madrid

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Ispan on Sun May 27, 2018 9:12 pm

    Godric wrote:

    last year their were loads of videos of artillery, tanks, self propelled guns, troops apcs, grads, uragans, smerch, S300s and EW vechiles all headed or arrived at kherson oblast i have yet to see a video of them leaving Kherson

    I figured this out after looking at a rail map. The freight rail line runs through Kherson to the terminus station at Volnovakha on the southern front of Donbass.

    It's more convenient for them to move materiel and troops through this line straight to the south front rather than going from Kharkov via Slavyansk , or from Dnipropetrovsk to the rail fork a little west of Avdeyevka

    The Ukrops probably have little to nothing in the Crimea direction though they still keep some forces deployed at Transcarpathia and a pretorian guard at Kiev.
    avatar
    Ispan

    Posts : 337
    Points : 351
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 41
    Location : Madrid

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Ispan on Sun May 27, 2018 9:26 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Great reporting there, nowhere else can what you write about be read.

    I try my best, gathering all available reports and trying to figure it out.


    Tiny comment on your use of English. When you use the word 'bombing' it should actually in virtually all cases be 'shelling'. Shelling comes from barrels, bombing only comes from aircraft.


    I know that, nitpicking here, mortars also lob bombs. I haven't the time to retype things twice, so I just run the original text in Spanish through the automatic translator and then I edit fixing errors. That one escaped my attention. I rushed to get these done as quickly as possible only for the Fort Russ team to experience a lot of trouble wich delayed publishing.



    I will keep reporting as soon as I know something new, seems the front has quieted down.


    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7253
    Points : 7347
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue May 29, 2018 2:33 am


    Something is cooking (off) in the Ukraine again, can anyone elaborate?

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3218468.html





    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 3048
    Points : 3080
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  franco on Tue May 29, 2018 2:43 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Something is cooking (off) in the Ukraine again, can anyone elaborate?

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3218468.html






    Heard that it was set off by NAF 152mm artillery fire. Ammo depot of the 58th brigade??
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 3048
    Points : 3080
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  franco on Tue May 29, 2018 2:45 am

    auslander wrote:
    Godric wrote:i still think the attack will come from Kherson Oblast on Crimea and not on Donbass ... Ukraine will want a direct response from Russia and they won't get it from attacking Donbass

    We were at Balaklava today, 100 Year Anniversary of Border Control. Amongst other things we are Red Army, and we were supposed to help with the visiting civilians but it didn't work out that way. Somehow, an old foreign man arriving with Red Army, blinding white/pitch black summer dress 1943 Navy uniform, caused a bit of a stir. We are nobody but got dragged out, forced to take guided tours of the two large ships in harbor, then shown some interesting goodies on wheels and tracks. Suffice it to say this, and don't ask for photos, I can't, and if I could won't, post them.

    However, here's She and me sitting in what looks like a standard GAZ SUV, nothing particularly unusual or noticeable about it except for the standard blacked out side and rear windows, and we're watching the workers at the new TPP 6 klicks away. Up close and personal and in detail. The Lutanant showing us how to do the basic ops of the system said it has a range of about XXX klicks on level ground. What this means is for instance an orc north of the border, flat lands, can't take a piss behind a barn in a howling blizzard at midnight without these boys seeing how short his dick is and the trajectory of his stream, or lack thereof. Every single item in and on that SUV is made in Russia. Everything. Quality is top grade, never seen better, and assembly is a work of art. If you think a couple of these little stinkers are not sitting on the lines up north in Novorossiya, I've got some beach front land in the Gobi Desert to sell to you, great price and the water is clean and clear.

    Went looking for the Red Army at the parade but there were several old farts Suspect so couldn't Id the culprit No Very Happy
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1168
    Points : 1240
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  auslander on Tue May 29, 2018 5:24 pm

    Check out the two arrivals of Red Army at the reviewing stand.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7253
    Points : 7347
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue May 29, 2018 7:13 pm


    OMON, Crimea. Passive exoskeleton:

    avatar
    Ispan

    Posts : 337
    Points : 351
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 41
    Location : Madrid

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Ispan on Wed May 30, 2018 11:25 am



    Latest report

    https://www.fort-russ.com/2018/05/full-sitrep-gorlovka-battle-bigger-than-reported/
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6194
    Points : 6259
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  JohninMK on Thu May 31, 2018 11:28 am

    Thanks Ispan, interesting stuff as usual.

    ортик от АНБ #NotOurTsar
    ‏ @Mortis_Banned
    4h4 hours ago

    Тортик от АНБ #NotOurTsar Retweeted Znak.com

    More than one Ukraine war handler to get booted from Putin's new term administration apparatus: apart from separatist "republics" coordinator Vladislav Surkov, another one to go is Sergey Glazyev, the coordinator of 2014 failed pro-Russian protests across Southeastern Ukraine.
    avatar
    Ispan

    Posts : 337
    Points : 351
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 41
    Location : Madrid

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Ispan on Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:35 am

    https://www.fort-russ.com/2018/06/cannon-fodder-exodus-ukie-awol-rate-skyrockets/
    avatar
    Ispan

    Posts : 337
    Points : 351
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 41
    Location : Madrid

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Ispan on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:39 am

    Latest report, I polished it and tried to make it readable

    https://www.fort-russ.com/2018/06/sitrep-in-donbass-may-28-to-june-5/
    avatar
    Hole

    Posts : 1154
    Points : 1154
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 42
    Location : Merkelland

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Hole on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:02 pm

    Our "friends and partners in the west" have send five KC-135 to our friendly nazi regime in the neighbourhood. Ah, the pride of the ami air force, 55 year old aerial tankers!

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:55 am