Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Share
    avatar
    Odin of Ossetia

    Posts : 227
    Points : 294
    Join date : 2015-07-03

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Odin of Ossetia on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:29 pm

    par far wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:From what you say O of O it sounds to me as if the Polish Government has a strategic policy of attracting as many Ukrainians as possible into the country.

    Perhaps in the short term to replace all the Poles who have moved into other EU countries but also, just like all the other countries in Europe including Russia, Poland has an ageing population and what better way to boost their numbers of younger citizens than let in as many Ukrainians as possible and make it attractive enough for then to want to stay, for ever. Exactly the Russian strategy. They just have to make sure that the old Ukrainians stay back at home.

    This double pronged attack on Ukraine is of course having a devastating short and long term affect. Whilst in the medium term it will ensure the financial collapse of the country allowing in the financial vultures to buy the remains at very good, for them, prices.

    It will of course in the short term continue to reduce the pool of potential soldiers as even more flee the country, so increasing the pressure on those already in the ATO. If Kiev doesn't try to do something about Donbas soon they may never be able to.


    Would it not be better to make your country better, encourage more young people in your country to start families, create more jobs and populate from within, instead of bringing in third world scum. It is not going very well for Europe and here in Canada we will soon have the same problem. Canada has allowed a lot of Muslims, Blacks and other crap into country and they have become headache, they live on welfare(most of them will likely be on welfare for a very very very long time), they don't work because they don't need to(they are on welfare) and most Muslims Blacks have ruined the country by doing crime.




    Neither of you really comprehends what is really going on in Poland.

    The country is essentially run by ethnic Ukrainians. It is not the same as Canada bringing in the Third Worlders.

    They have been brought in already by the Soviets in 1944 and afterwards in order to have "reliable" controllers in Poland, also lots of the Ukrainian nationalists have been ordered by the CIA to infiltrate the Polish government apparatus, and they have done an excellent job of it. It is they who have created a favorable condition for the "planting" of the ethnic Ukrainians in Poland. At the same time they have chased away around 3 million young Poles since 2004 in order to make room for their own compatriots in Poland.

    Meanwhile, Putin and Lukashenko are apparently going along with the whole scheme by giving Ukraine all these Minsk 2 breaks. It appears they might be willing to compensate Ukraine for the loss of Crimea and the Donbass with a chunk of south-eastern Poland.

    Also, the West supports the whole plan too. They had the ethnic Ukrainian Banderite supporter Onyszkiewicz as Poland's minister of national defence twice, also there are rumors about the former president "Kwasniewski" (apparently not his real surname) being at least part-Ukrainian, and now they say that current president's grandfather was in the UPA. The present "Civic Platform" (the main opposition party now) leader Schetyna is also a known ethnic Ukrainian.

    The cowardly subservient nature of many ethnic Poles does not help either .


    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17736
    Points : 18330
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  GarryB on Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:46 am

    Ukrainians can be easily assimilated, once under Russian rule, they will forget that they were ever Ukrainians, but to do this a large purge is needed. Thousands would have to be shot for their crimes, and hundreds of thousands deported to Siberia. I would settle Ukraine with Russians from the Baltics, encourage them to emigrate.

    I don't disagree with what you are saying... well I think a portion are ready to be not poor again, but to do what you are suggesting and I am agreeing with in theory requires a Stalin in charge... not a Putin... and I realise the western press wont know the difference because they are so alike... NOT.

    The problem is that today it would not be practical for Russia to take control, and without that you either have the continual decline and slow collapse of the Ukraine with most young Ukrainians who are able to leave which will kill the countries future and wont make it a very nice neighbour for Russia, but what can Russia do?

    Invade is not an option.

    In five years time they might have an election where an opposition wins, but I doubt that they would let that happen... they weren't created in democracy and like the Clintons, I don't think they would accept defeat well.

    Even in ten years all the problems in the Ukraine will somehow be Russias fault because they will control the media in the country... look at Poland.

    I even like the idea of creating lebensraum in the south for the Baltic Russians.

    In fact that is something I remembered the other night... didn't the Ukraine pass laws about having to speak only Ukrainian in government buildings or was that one of the Baltic States too?

    The reason I am wondering is because all of those Americans that got official posts in the Ukrainian government after the coup...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3653
    Points : 3774
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  kvs on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:05 am

    By no means should Russia invade Ukr Banderastan and try to save that tar baby. Let all the foreign maggots who tried to cleave off
    Ukrs from Russia for so long deal with them. You reap what you sow.

    At some point in the future Ukrs will come crawling on their knees to Russia. This will be a critical moment. Unlike in the past, Russia
    needs to tell them to f*ck off. They had their chance and they stabbed Russia in the back. Any sort of re-unification will result
    in never ending strife as Ukr secessionists will come out of the woodwork to blame Russia for all their retarded problems. Over the
    last 20 years we saw how even independence was not enough for Ukrs. They are mentally deranged when it comes to Russia and
    in my view it is some sort of inferiority complex. The only cure for this is permanent divorce.

    The era of military land buffers is over. And it never worked anyway. A true buffer would require real defenses. Banderastani
    defenses would have always been rotten. Now that we live in the missile era, the whole globe is within reach and buffers the
    size of Ukraine and especially the size of the Blatics are meaningless.

    But Russia does need a nice "wall" to keep Ukr failures from spreading strife spores into Russia. This includes layers of mines and
    barbed wire. Those Banderastani idiots were going to build one themselves but, being pathological losers, could not afford it.
    Too bad, but the need for a wall is there.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5782
    Points : 5847
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  JohninMK on Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:28 pm

    This will really piss off Kiev. Maxi pressure expected now on Denmark to refuse permission to route close to Bornholm, its island off southern Sweden. It won't stop the pipe, just drive the costs up about 5% if the pipe has to go on a less ideal route.

    Nord Stream 2 AG received the permit for the construction and operation of the Nord Stream 2 pipeline system in the German exclusive economic zone (EEZ) on Tuesday, the company said in a press release. The BSH issued the permit for this route section of approximately 30 kilometers in accordance with the Federal Mining Act (BBergG). The Stralsund Mining Authority had previously approved the construction and operation in German territorial waters (within 12 nautical miles) and the landfall area on January 31, 2018.

    "We are pleased that all necessary permits are now in place for the German route section, which has an overall length of 85 kilometers," said Jens Lange, Permitting Manager Germany at Nord Stream 2 AG. "Procedures for receiving permits in the other four countries along the route - Russia, Finland, Sweden and Denmark - are progressing according to schedule. Nord Stream 2 is expecting to receive the remaining approvals in the coming month, before construction starts in 2018," the project company said.

    The Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline will pass across the Baltic Sea, connecting Russian suppliers with European consumers at over 1,200 km in length. The pipeline will have capacity for 55 billion cubic meters of gas per year. The project has an estimated cost of almost 10 billion euros. Gazprom's partners in the project are Engie, OMV, Shell and two German companies BASF and Uniper.


    http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/economic/494932.html
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3653
    Points : 3774
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  kvs on Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:46 am

    JohninMK wrote:This will really piss off Kiev. Maxi pressure expected now on Denmark to refuse permission to route close to Bornholm, its island off southern Sweden. It won't stop the pipe, just drive the costs up about 5% if the pipe has to go on a less ideal route.

    Nord Stream 2 AG received the permit for the construction and operation of the Nord Stream 2 pipeline system in the German exclusive economic zone (EEZ) on Tuesday, the company said in a press release. The BSH issued the permit for this route section of approximately 30 kilometers in accordance with the Federal Mining Act (BBergG). The Stralsund Mining Authority had previously approved the construction and operation in German territorial waters (within 12 nautical miles) and the landfall area on January 31, 2018.

    "We are pleased that all necessary permits are now in place for the German route section, which has an overall length of 85 kilometers," said Jens Lange, Permitting Manager Germany at Nord Stream 2 AG. "Procedures for receiving permits in the other four countries along the route - Russia, Finland, Sweden and Denmark - are progressing according to schedule. Nord Stream 2 is expecting to receive the remaining approvals in the coming month, before construction starts in 2018," the project company said.

    The Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline will pass across the Baltic Sea, connecting Russian suppliers with European consumers at over 1,200 km in length. The pipeline will have capacity for 55 billion cubic meters of gas per year. The project has an estimated cost of almost 10 billion euros. Gazprom's partners in the project are Engie, OMV, Shell and two German companies BASF and Uniper.


    http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/economic/494932.html


    Those Danish retards depend on natural gas for their energy. All their vaunted wind and alternatives amount to about 40% of the total consumption. Norway, Holland, UK, etc. are all in terminal decline in terms of gas production.
    avatar
    Godric

    Posts : 535
    Points : 557
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Godric on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:13 pm

    expect a full scale assault on Donbass or Crimea by Ukraine during the first week of the World Cup in an attempt to disrupt the tournament Ukraine will be coerced into action by Washington & London
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6418
    Points : 6520
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  PapaDragon on Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:02 pm

    Godric wrote:expect a full scale assault on Donbass or Crimea by Ukraine during the first week of the World Cup in an attempt to disrupt the tournament Ukraine will be coerced into action by Washington & London

    Not that they aren't stupid enough to go for it but to what end?

    They will not even dent World Cup (it airs on TV and other than some parts of USA and EU nobody in the world gives two shits about Ukraine when compared to football)

    They will not crack Donbass and if they even scratch Crimea they will have most powerful military on three neighbouring landmasses tearing them a new one with full support of population who will be super pumped to see some action due to Work Cup hype (like they aren't pissed off enough already) especially if Russian team does not move into second tournament stage.
    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1792
    Points : 1947
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  TheArmenian on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:49 pm

    Godric wrote:expect a full scale assault on Donbass or Crimea by Ukraine during the first week of the World Cup in an attempt to disrupt the tournament Ukraine will be coerced into action by Washington & London

    I hope they do that Saakashvilian mistake.
    avatar
    Godric

    Posts : 535
    Points : 557
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Godric on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:08 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Godric wrote:expect a full scale assault on Donbass or Crimea by Ukraine during the first week of the World Cup in an attempt to disrupt the tournament Ukraine will be coerced into action by Washington & London

    Not that they aren't stupid enough to go for it but to what end?

    They will not even dent World Cup (it airs on TV and other than some parts of USA and EU nobody in the world gives two shits about Ukraine when compared to football)

    They will not crack Donbass and if they even scratch Crimea they will have most powerful military on three neighbouring landmasses tearing them a new one with full support of population who will be super pumped to see some action due to Work Cup hype (like they aren't pissed off enough already) especially if Russian team does not move into second tournament stage.

    i don't know about Ukraine being stupid enough if Ukraine thinks the USA/UK backs them up and Ukraine would just love to cause trouble for Russia during the world cup tournament , remember Bush encourage sackoshit to attack South Ossetia during the 2008 olympics and ukraine just after Sochi

    when it comes to kicking Russia .... don't be in any doubt ... the USA do not and never will see Russia as a ally or a friend

    https://russia-insider.com/en/russia-will-never-be-our-friend-well-slap-them-when-needed-waffle-house-waitress-loose/ri23006

    Nikki Haley has erupted in another fiery Russophobic rant, warning that Russia will “never be America’s friend.” Moscow can try to behave “like a regular country,” but the US will “slap them when we need to,” Haley said.
    The US ambassador to the UN is not known for her friendly stance toward Moscow, but her new take on US-Russia relations stands out among even her most rabid ramblings. Speaking at Duke University in North Carolina on Friday, Haley admitted that friendly relations with Russia is an unlikely prospect, adding that the Trump team has done more against Moscow than any other administration since Ronald Reagan’s tenure.

    “Russia’s never going to be our friend,” Haley told students at a Q&A session, responding to a question about “holding Russia accountable” for alleged meddling in the 2016 presidential election. The diplomat said Washington still works with Moscow “when we need to, and we slap them when we need to.”

    She then raised the stakes further: “Everybody likes to listen to the words. I’m going to tell you – look at the actions,” Haley urged. “We expelled 60 Russian diplomats/spies, we have armed Ukraine so that they can defend themselves,” she added.

    etc etc etc

    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3653
    Points : 3774
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  kvs on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:28 am

    American exceptional idiocy will eventually put these inventors of eugenics (and Nazi ideology) in their place.
    avatar
    Ispan

    Posts : 324
    Points : 338
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 41
    Location : Madrid

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Ispan on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:32 pm

    http://antimaydan.info/2018/04/glavnye_riski_na_ukraine_a_ne_v_sirii.html

    The main risks in Ukraine, and not in Syria.


    Today, when everyone is looking at Syria and waiting there for the outbreak of World War III, I want to draw your attention to Ukraine. And that's why

    The fact is that Syria as a launch point for global confrontation has great advantages, but there are also some disadvantages that are generally not understood by such madmen as McCain or Clinton, but who are well understood by those who also have a big influence in Washington, also hate Russia, too, would like us to somehow squeeze, but at the same time their brains have not yet completely eroded.

    The main minus of the beginning of a full-scale war specifically in Syria is that there is very near Israel, and if there is anything going not quite according to the American plan, Israel will get very strong, not just as a neighbor, but as an active participant in the events. Even on CNN now hangs the material, in which the author almost with tears convinces Trump not to do some massive nonsense, because in case of what in Israel will begin a real meat grinder, and this can not be allowed.

    Minus the second - in Syria is very difficult to win. If in 2013 or 2015 the Americans there could arrange something remotely resembling a victory, now, even if you smash Damascus in the dust, then by and large "on the ground" the American allies have nothing to catch especially. They are actually because of this and are furious. They wanted to strike, which would look like their decisive contribution to the local, but a victory, and not a blow that would look like revenge for the defeat they had suffered.

    Minus the third - Syria somehow did not really impress Europe in terms of solidarity with the United States. If the Times already writes that May refused to believe Trump on the floor and demanded (attention: May demanded!) Evidence that this is really Assad used chemical weapons, it means that with Western solidarity things are not going so well. If London is not ready to bomb Damascus on the first whistle, then something else is needed, some kind of a point of tension that could rally the West against Russia.

    And now, if you look at Ukraine, then there is a feeling that it can be easily chosen as such a point, if the option with Syria for any reason stalled. This sounds cynical, but if you look at the situation from the point of view of the conditional Secretary of State Pompeo, Ukraine looks preferable to Syria in several positions:

    There's no Israel near and obviously there will not be an article on CNN demanding not to behave in Ukraine, like a monkey with a grenade. This is a big and important plus from the point of view of PR.
    Kiev is not Damascus, that is, in Ukraine, in which case the West will fit in military way for the side that has an advantage on the earth, and which has the capital, authorities, international recognition and so on. It's comfortable. You can declare LDPR terrorists and write yourself into legitimate interventionists.
    The European Union is frankly tired of Syria. He is tired of Ukraine, too, but Syria is far away, and Ukraine is close to it, and the European Union can not just score on it. This gives the US the right lever to literally draw the European Union into another American military adventure.

    So, perhaps, the May reformatting of the ATU, the promises of the Ukrainian authorities to carry out a "police operation in the Donbass", Volcker's visit to the Donbass, and even Poroshenko's invitation to the G7 summit, instead of the excluded Russia, may all be signs that someone in America is preparing a "plan B" in order to arrange a bloody mash in the Donbass.

    However, there are as many as two points that will hinder this very much and, perhaps, Poroshenko will be told about this by Merkel and Makron in a personal meeting in the Norman format.

    First, Ukraine is not Syria, Russia is very close to it, there is no need for some expeditionary operations and difficulties in terms of "projecting military power in remote theaters of military operations." Russia can reach the point of Ukraine in the military sense, which is called "without getting up from the couch."

    Secondly, it is precisely because of this proximity that Russia will respond to serious provocations in the most rigorous way. You do not need to be a prophet to understand that they will reach Kyiv first, if only because of the necessity to show it on TV. Many in Russia expect that this will be the minimum response to a real military offensive in the Donbass, especially if it is directly supported

    The West. If Ukraine tries to do a meat grinder on the Donbass without direct assistance from NATO or the US, then not only the Russian military will reach Kiev, but to see tanks with LDPR symbols on Khreshchatyk is also hardly a pleasant prospect for the Ukrainian leadership.

    According to the latest statements, European leaders would be ready for another scheme: the conflict is frozen and further, the Northern Stream-2 is being built, the Ukrainian gas transportation system is given to European companies and they agree with Gazprom to pump 10-15 billion cubic meters of gas, as Miller suggested. Poroshenko and the Ukrainian budget will lose all their gas revenues, but they will live, which is very cool compared to the American options. The problem is that Washington can simply force Kiev to storm the Donbass, and this will inevitably lead to the bloody, but legitimate end of modern Ukrainian statehood.

    Ruslan Ostashko

    Source: www.facebook.com
    avatar
    Ispan

    Posts : 324
    Points : 338
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 41
    Location : Madrid

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Ispan on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:36 pm


    About the supply of weaponry to Ukraine by the West

    Massive supply of the Kiev government with Soviet weapons from the arsenals of the former Warsaw Pact becomes the main form of hidden involvement of the West in the military conflict in Ukraine.

    Long ago, when everything was just beginning in Ukraine, to be exact June 9, 2014, an article by the author of these lines entitled "NATO Gesheft in Ukraine" was published on the now-defunct "New Russia" website. In this material, a rather strange idea for that time was suggested that there will come a time when the Kiev authorities (the editorial board) will begin to receive large-scale military assistance from the NATO bloc. And this assistance will not be open and obvious, but as much as possible veiled, so that the NATO countries remain as long as possible the appearance of their non-involvement in such a military strengthening of the Ukrainian revolution.

    In that article, it was explicitly indicated in which way NATO members could organize such large-scale, but at the same time hidden, arms transfers to Ukraine:

    The fact is that in the armed forces of Eastern European states - former members of the Warsaw Treaty Organization - there is still a significant arsenal of Soviet military equipment of various designs. And especially, by the way, this applies to the Air Force. Here is just a small selection of fact sheets. As of the beginning of this year, the Polish Air Force has over 40 SU-22 fighter-bombers and over 30 MiG-29s, as well as 23 units of Mi-8 / Mi-17 transport-airborne helicopters. In the Romanian Air Force there are about 40 MiG-21 fighters, in Hungary 17 - Mi-8 / Mi-17 and 12 Mi-24 fighters. In the Czech Republic and Slovakia - more than forty Mi-24/35 combat helicopters and almost five dozens of MI-17 transport-landing helicopters. This technique, basically, is not new, but still quite usable. For the Ukrainian Air Force, where exploitation is limited, as a rule, two or three combat sorties, it is better and not necessary. Recall that all of the above countries are members of the NATO bloc and are currently implementing programs to re-equip their armies with NATO models of weapons and military equipment. So none of them will object strongly if they are offered to get rid of this Soviet-Russian heritage by transferring it to Ukraine, and to get a decent discount for purchasing new American or European cars for it.

    Thus, thanks to the Ukrainian war, the NATO bloc receives, firstly, the opportunity to significantly accelerate the process of re-equipping its new members. And secondly, - to ensure the uninterrupted supply of troops of the Kiev junta with, for example, acute weapons for it, like fighters and helicopter gunships ...

    Then in June 2014, when there was not even a full-scale war in the east of Ukraine, these thoughts seemed clearly inappropriate. If only because the most captured by the Kiev rebels in Ukraine were huge supplies of all kinds of Soviet weapons.

    Moreover, this idea seems strange even today, when the United States and NATO, who seemed to have finally lost all shame and fear, actually switched to direct supplies of their own weapons to Ukraine. For example, the same notorious American ATGM "Javelin".

    And, nevertheless, after almost four years, I again turn to that long-ago conjecture and once again I am convinced of its relevance. Moreover, today I have even more strengthened in the fact that it is precisely this format of the military strengthening of the Kiev regime that will be most in demand in the coming years.

    Why do I think so? Firstly, because the former fears of Americans and NATO members in general about their direct involvement in the conflict in Ukraine, that is, in military confrontation with Russia, despite all their verbal bravado, have not gone away. And even became much more noticeable, in view of the rigidity and determination shown by the leadership of the Russian Federation over this time in terms of protecting the state's national interests. Western leaders, with all their propensity for verbal Russophobic hysteria, by no means lost the ability to separate cutlets from flies. And they continue to avoid too abrupt movements towards Russia. Therefore even the same "Javelins" will not reach the Kiev junta, let alone the massive, unguarded supplies of NATO weapons.

    However, there is one more, perhaps more important, circumstance. Which, over the past years, has become quite obvious. The so-called "Ukrainian army" is very poorly adapted to any serious innovations. She is extremely weakly motivated to military service and, even more so, to participate in the war, the personnel with a sin in half even own relatively simple, unpretentious, forgiving the grossest mistakes of unskilled "users" and familiar models of weapons and military equipment of the Soviet model.

    Imagine a massive and, most importantly, forced over time re-equipping of this low-competent riff-raff by a completely unfamiliar, psychologically alien and rather complex technique, which is in the arsenal of NATO armies, and even in the conditions of war, is absolutely impossible. Such an experiment will certainly lead to the complete loss of this army for an indefinite time, even the minimal combat capability that it has today.

    Under these conditions, it is not surprising that a few years later, the Kiev authorities and their Western patrons seem to have reached exactly the same conclusion - that there is no alternative to supplying Soviet-made arms to Ukraine from the arsenals of the former Warsaw Pact member countries.

    On the facts of this kind, in particular, the Kiev edition of Novoye Vremya reports. We are talking about deliveries in a roundabout way - from the Czech Republic through Poland to Ukraine a fairly large batch of armored vehicles - 200 combat vehicles of the Soviet infantry BMP-1. At the same time, these machines are quite serious (it can be seen even in the photo from the shop of the Polish company) pre-sale training. Such a technique, which can not be distinguished from the "APU" in service, fully meets the requirements for the greatest possible concealment of these supplies. And, at the same time, provides them with sufficient mass.

    The Ukrainian edition has sounded this information within the framework of internal corruption scuffles. And did not attach any importance to what is, from our point of view, the main thing - the very fact of large military supplies from a member country of NATO. For this involuntary disclosure is clearly not intended for wide publicity information to him a special thank you!

    Meanwhile, this scheme may well prove to be a model for all other operations of this kind. Which become especially popular due to the fact that, after four years of parasitizing Kiev on Soviet military supplies, they naturally come to an end. And plans for new military adventures require the regime to promptly replenish their bandit formations with new consignments of "expendable material."

    A sharp actualization of this need is also indicated by the clearly accelerated process of re-equipping the armies of Eastern Europe with NATO models of weapons and military equipment. Although nothing is known about the future fate of Soviet tanks, armored personnel carriers, infantry fighting vehicles, combat aircraft, helicopters, artillery systems and much more.

    And this situation of the strictest secrecy already in itself indicates that they are unlikely to be simply scrapped. It seems that the forecast made by your humble servant in the distant 2014 only today has reached the stage of its practical implementation, while the military reserves of the countries of Eastern Europe of the times of the USSR are of utmost relevance. And not somewhere, but in Ukraine. Q.E.D.

    Yuri Selivanov

    Source: news-front.info
    avatar
    Ispan

    Posts : 324
    Points : 338
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 41
    Location : Madrid

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Ispan on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:46 pm

    I do agree with this analysis, the Ukrainian regime army is unable of offensive action, and that is frustrating because it means its leaders refuse commiting suicide and the stalemate persists, but I do not rule out that the US "will fight until the last Ukrainian" and use it as a ram against Russia to lure her into the Ukrainian conflict.

    USA is running out of strategic options, short of all out war, their proxies in Siria and Ukraine are doomed to defeat


    http://antimaydan.info/2018/04/ukrainskaya_armiya_poprostu_nepolnocenna.html

    The Ukrainian army is simply inferior







    2018-04-12 12:32


    Summaries from the militia of Novorossia. The latest reports from the fronts of the People's Republic of Germany and the People's Republic of Germany ,

    The next aggravation in international relations inevitably caused a new fit of hysteria among the Internet community.

    From the Moscow cozy cafe where the hipster, concerned with politics, clung to the monitor, to the distant Khrushchev in Syktyvkar, where the retired patriot sighs in front of the TV. Fear of the future spreads everywhere. To be exact, the US, which has been at least a quarter of a century already, is both an object of envy and an example for imitation (from cinema to military uniforms).

    And here the main world power, the leader of the "golden billion", in fact, openly declares: "Russia must be destroyed."

    The fear of such a denouement provokes in society a bravura and witty reaction: "We almost won them, the collective West is in a panic, one Caliber is enough to sink the aircraft carrier."

    Fear is so strong that the mind tries to minimize the danger, make it less significant, in order to alleviate the situation, at least morally.

    Another manifestation is a constant search for evidence of the adequacy of one's condition. A typical example here is the situation in the Donbas.

    Thus, mortar shelling turned out to be artless preparation from the series of recent years and the beginning of a large-scale offensive of the APU. Then this "event" is already analyzed by the Kiev media, initially a little exaggeration acquires a threatening reality.

    As they say, fear has eyes big. I would like to make a small contribution to the fight against this fear, explaining a little the situation, which actually was now in the Donbass.

    The first thing to mention is shelling. Indeed, the last couple of days the activity of the artillery of both sides is higher than, say, in mid-March of this year. But about no merciless bombardment of speech is not.

    The situation is incomparable neither with the winter of 2015, the period of fighting for Debaltsevo, nor with the winter of 2017, when Donetsk within a week received up to 200 hits on residential buildings and infrastructure.

    Another moment of injection - for more than three years the coming advance of the APU.

    The inhabitants of Donetsk know that the Ukrainian army is attacking the city to every more or less significant date.

    At first, the largest offensive of the APU was timed to the day when the roads dried up (although the roads are asphalted and, unlike in 1944, do not become depleted), then every time the land freezes from frost, then every May 9, Easter, Independence Day, for each session of the Normandy Four ...

    In addition, the Ukrainian army is coming both on the day of the beginning of the Olympics and under the elections to the Russian parliament. The last large-scale offensive took place a few days before the presidential election in Russia.

    Given such a countless number of offensives, which for some reason never come, the overwhelming majority of local residents stopped paying attention to such gossip.

    But again and again, people, fear-filled to the point that their memory is stung to the size of the memory of an aquarium fish, prophesy a new offensive. Now here in May to break the football championship.

    Of course, some of these gossip is being spread by the media, for which the new massacre means a new growth in views. But there are plenty of people who build one-dimensional constructions that will certainly "trample on".

    And yet, of course, this is not an argument. The argument is the state of the APU itself.

    Let's be guided by simple domestic logic. Is there any fundamental increase in the strength of the Ukrainian army so that it turns into something capable of effectively advancing deep into the republics? There is no such gain.

    Otherwise, considering our information world, we would already have seen hundreds of videos, bravura posts in social networks about the flow of new technology, new rushing battalions, and threats and bragging about the imminent retribution for separatism.

    The leaders of the scumbags would not fight for the stalls in the Kiev region, but pathetically and promisingly conducted reconnaissance at the front, not forgetting the beautiful submarines and heroic musical accompaniment.

    But there is nothing of the kind. Because there is no reinforcement and transformation of APU.

    Another factor is motivation. Immured in the virtuality of geopolitical analysis, some commentators imagine the APU as a single well-coordinated military machine, fully controlled by the United States.

    The mistake is that the APU both experienced and experienced the same problems with volunteers as in 2014. According to the Ukrainian military leadership, their share does not exceed 5-7% of the number.

    Everything else is a contract. People who came to get a salary that is higher than the national average in the army, and besides, and relying on the benefits, finally, if possible, steal anything.

    The offensive impulse of such an army, to put it mildly, is small. And at the grassroots level, it will be very difficult for the company commander to explain to the platoon commanders that they need to suddenly take over and turn their soldiers (performing not very dangerous police functions) into desperate assault units ready to bear enormous losses in urban development.

    These are not cyborgs, not dogs of war, they are ordinary Zarobitsh people, just with such a specific work.

    Even if the offensive takes place, platoons made up of such people will be rolled back under any pretext - mortar shelling, unmanned machine gun, mines, etc. The commander can not prevent them from doing this, unless, of course, he wants to be " "Shot or beaten.

    Such cases for the APU norm, more than half of all losses for 2017 - the consequences of the squabbles between each other.

    Of course, there are also groups of motivated soldiers capable of performing the function of the DRG in the conditions of a static front, but they absolutely can not affect the success of a major offensive.

    The desire to break into an offensive is also undermined by the fact that the Ukrainian army is simply inferior.

    The normal picture of the offensive, in which an air strike is being struck, then the artillery fights the remaining pockets of resistance, then the tanks go into a breakthrough, and the infantry on light armored vehicles completes the rout - this picture can not be provided by the APU.

    Aviation does not exist as such, artillery is experiencing problems with ammunition, equipment is often in a deplorable state, logistics services can not provide it with enough fuel. And even as cartridges in the box, the average gunner of the APU can not be sure.

    And with the number of machine guns there are considerable problems, given the attempts to put SVD trunks on the PKM and the wide use of the machine guns "Maxim" in the troops.

    And all this is well known to every soldier of the Ukrainian army. And can not help but affect his desire to go and how to hit the enemy.

    Yes, a number of publications regularly trumpet about pumping up APUs with equipment and countless columns of tanks going by rail to the east. Another rotation of the brigades is given for a certain accumulation of forces. By stupidity, this is done or to throw out another panic, it is difficult to say. Rather, both the first and second.

    To the same overestimation of the forces of the APU can be attributed and the multiple counting of tanks, which periodically ply along the front line, rather encouraging their soldiers than threatening the enemy.

    A tank battalion without any military need can migrate from the outskirts of Lugansk to Telmanovo in the DNR, creating the illusion of many thousands of armored hordes. Some are happy to pick up and distribute this simple Ukrainian game.

    There is no overwhelming superiority in the APU, which would allow striking such a force to minimize losses. In the ATO zone, up to 60,000 personnel can be counted, of which up to 40,000 are in the first line.

    And often they are located with the buildup of forces in the quietest sectors of the front. For example, under Pervomaysk in LNR the superiority can be tenfold. And all because military operations here have not been conducted for more than three years, which means that the unit is safely in war, receiving increased salaries and benefits. Such a kind of "military resort".

    But if we look at the entire front line, then there is no question of any tenfold superiority that is theoretically necessary for a crushing blow. There is not even a fivefold one. And this is in conditions of technical inferiority of APU.

    Yes, Western countries rendered some help for conducting a positional war - various radars, night vision devices, radio stations. But such support can not have a decisive influence when attempting an offensive.

    And most importantly - it is completely unclear why to go into this offensive, if it is fraught with only great losses, and promises at best a small operational success in the form of the capture of a district center in the frontline zone.

    Even now, in the conditions of peace, when the Kiev media are trumpeting about the legendary and invincible Ukrainian army, the advocates of war form a clear minority in Ukrainian society.

    At the first mass losses of such supporters will be an order of magnitude less.

    The whole situation looks absolutely inadequate, given the political struggle that is developing for the presidency in Ukraine. Yes, and practical value in the breakdown of the established economic and political balance around the ATU is difficult to see.

    Some characters, seriously afraid of America and trembling before its power, are convinced that Kiev obeys any orders from Washington and is ready to automatically fulfill them (leaving aside the need for Washington itself to put the APU in the Donbass). But it seems to me, to put it mildly, exaggeration and flattening of the real picture. All this is only a product of fear of the hegemon.

    Thus, I would like everyone to be called to free themselves from fear. At least before the powerful AFU, crushing the Donbas in a matter of days.

    Yes, the army of the Democratic People's Republic of France is not the Red Army of the model of the 45th year, but also the Ukrainian Armed Forces are not the Wehrmacht of the 41st.

    The stalemate situation that has developed at the front with an enormous probability will remain unchanged until some factors external to the war break the existing balance.

    Source: vz.ru
    avatar
    Ispan

    Posts : 324
    Points : 338
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 41
    Location : Madrid

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Ispan on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:31 pm

    I have written three big entries last week, use google translate to read

    This is a translation of a Russian article, part of a series wich is a great overview of the causes of the war, there's a link to the original article if you want to translate straight from russian

    https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2018/04/16/el-gran-tablero-de-ajedrez-angloamericanos-al-borde-de-la-derrota/

    This is my own analysis on the positional warfare, casualties and mobilization, is a merger of posts written over the past month. I have contacted people that have been in the front, and they validate my analysis and estimate

    https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2018/04/17/la-sangrienta-guerra-de-posiciones/
    avatar
    Ispan

    Posts : 324
    Points : 338
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 41
    Location : Madrid

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Ispan on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:06 pm

    A bit off topic but well worth reading

    The Western way of Russia is over

    http://antimaydan.info/2018/04/zapadnyj_put_rossii_zakonchen.html


    Aside from interesting reading, that Surkov emphasized Eurasianism as the new state policy could perhaps signal a change of attitude towards the war in Ukraine. So far they are pretending there's no problem to avoid dealing with it, but this summer we will get either war or some policy shift on the part of Russia.
    avatar
    Odin of Ossetia

    Posts : 227
    Points : 294
    Join date : 2015-07-03

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Odin of Ossetia on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:03 pm

    Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Voting with their feet


    Given the bitter history between Poland and Ukraine, this behaviour is very peculiar.   I guess the regions of Ukraine occupied by Poland
    became assimilated.   Contrast this to the so-called Russification that appears to have achieve nothing.    

    The conclusion is that a good ass raping gets occupied people to convert to the side of the occupier.   Treat them with fairness and they
    hate you for it.   Humans are seriously brain damaged animals.



    Hardly anybody in Ukraine got assimilated.

    Even after centuries of Polish rule in Ukraine, there was very little Polonization.

    In fact there was more of Ukrainization of ethnic Poles in Ukraine, than of Polonization of ethnic Ukrainians. Probably most of the "Galician petty nobility" are Ukrainianized ethnic Poles.


    There are so many Ukrainians going to Poland because they get treated there, for the most part, in a very generous manner. You can thank all these ethnic Ukrainians and Germans in the Polish government for that. Also the Polish entry visas are super easy to obtain for Ukrainians;  there is virtually no checking of any sort, a visa is processed in literally a few seconds. Even serious criminals, like murderers, get them. There was recently a case in Eastern Pomerania of a Ukrainian who run a restaurant there, it turned out he was a wanted murderer in Ukraine (I think he might have been deported, but only after Ukraine requested his deportation).

    And yes, they steal jobs from the ethnic Poles in their own country, and they also get the social assistance benefits despite the fact that Ukraine is not even in the European Union. They also bring in lots of criminality and of their Polish-hating nationalism to Poland.

    Many Polish people are upset about their increasingly heavy presence and very favorable treatment.

    Poland even pays university tuition for all their students in Poland (it does not do so for any other citizens), and it even pays employers to hire them (again, it does not pay them to hire citizens of any other country).

    And the stupid Polish government refused entry for a few thousand genuine refugees from Syria, but at the same time they have no problems accepting a couple of millions of fake refugees from Ukraine.


    So you see, it is all about the selfish benefits they get from Poland.




    An example of Ukrainianization, would be the mixed Polish-Ukrainian family of the Polish Count Szeptycki.

    They could be described as opportunists willing to kiss any ass in order to get ahead in life.

    Archbishop Szeptycki/Sheptytsky, one of the count's sons, is known for a rather curious letter he wrote to Hitler in 1941.


    He is also apparently credited with saving some Jewish children from the Holocaust, but with the good rapport he had with Hitler, together with the abundant resources he had at his disposal, that was not that difficult nor dangerous for him to do.


    I guess being an aristocrat can get you ahead anywhere, even if you are not nationally pure.




    The Friends of Hitler Club.


    "If they set a monument for him like for the first Ukrainian nationalists – that certainly would be nonsense. Firstly, he faithfully served the Austrians. There is evidence that his appointment to the rank of Metropolitan of Galicia was sanctioned by the Emperor Franz Joseph. And when in 1938 [=1939] the USSR annexed Galicia, he began writing enthusiastic letters to Stalin in the style of „what a blessing that we are reunited with the brotherly people…“ When the Germans took Kiev, Sheptytsky sent a sparkling ode to Hitler: „Thank you, Adolf, invincible commander!“. Later, when Soviet troops liberated Lviv, he said in September 1944 in his local pseudo-church council that communism is the progressive movement, called the clergy of the Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church to actively cooperate with the Soviet authorities, condemned Stepan Bandera and demanded that the UPA fighters lay down their arms.
    (...).
    Some researchers, including the initiators of the monument cited Sheptytsky as especially sympathetic towards Banderovites. On the other hand there were proposals to assign him to the righteous of the world for hiding Jews during the occupation (which the same Banderovites exterminated).

    Try to be all things to all men. Typical Galician brown-noser of the type ,,who pays the piper calls the tune“."



    https://thesaker.is/the-friends-of-hitler-club-uniate-metropolitan-a-sheptytsky-eternalized-in-the-center-of-lviv/


    avatar
    Godric

    Posts : 535
    Points : 557
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Godric on Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:36 pm

    Ispan wrote:A bit off topic but well worth reading

    The Western way of Russia is over

    http://antimaydan.info/2018/04/zapadnyj_put_rossii_zakonchen.html


    Aside from interesting reading, that Surkov emphasized Eurasianism as the new state policy could perhaps signal a change of attitude towards the war in Ukraine. So far they are pretending there's no problem to avoid dealing with it, but this summer we will get either war or some policy shift on the part of Russia.

    Ispan it was bound to happen sooner or later with all the Russo phobia in the west , Russia's future is looking towards the rest of the world
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3979
    Points : 4006
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:24 pm

    An Oldie but Goldie.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsFmdPSO2EU

    6:30+ RU group moved in for "treatment" before Sanzharovka "hedgehog" during Debalstevo.

    Original video is from Kazzura's feed. Picked up by Bellingcat.
    avatar
    Ispan

    Posts : 324
    Points : 338
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 41
    Location : Madrid

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Ispan on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:53 pm

    Good article I found on Ukrainian artillery


    http://naspravdi.info/novosti/bozhok-voyny-moshch-i-nemoshch-artillerii-vsu


    Sponsored content

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #27

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:23 pm