FichtL_WichtL

Re: VVS Russian Air Force: News #2

Post  FichtL_WichtL on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:51 pm

Are there any new news about the Kazan ansat? scratch

Firebird

Post  Firebird on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:44 pm

http://rt.com/news/242097-pak-ta-russian-army/

OK to this does look a bit like fan art. But I'm sure it CAN be done.
    The question is whether Russia and its partners will want to.

Either way, its a seriously impressive piece of kit.

I suppose you could do civilian variants too.

Maybe this is Russia's way of telling America to start growing up?

EDIT:
    They say the devil is in the detail.
    The initial plan is a 900kph aircraft, then there is talk of a 2000kph, then "probably hypersonic".

It would be intreresting to see the planned timeframes for all 3.
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:55 pm

Firebird wrote:http://rt.com/news/242097-pak-ta-russian-army/

EDIT:
    The initial plan is a 900kph aircraft, then there is talk of a 2000kph, then "probably hypersonic".

Yes I reported on the PAK TA project some 6 months ago but their wasn't any specifics. My thoughts are that the project seems too optimistic, 200 ton payload capability is possible, so is supersonic speed, but both 200 ton payload and supersonic speed? I think it isn't impossible, but is it probable? It can possibly be done, however what if it turns out to be extremely expensive? Like $1 or 2 billion a piece? Surely that wouldn't be worth the cost? 200 ton payload at 'sub-sonic' speed seems like it's a more cost-effective a viable target/option, but here's a case where I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong, but I have to see it before I can believe it...as in it leaves the drawing board stage, and with actual flying prototypes that meet the advertised requirements.
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:39 pm

The PAK-TA (couldn't find any vids right now as good as the one on vimeo(https://vimeo.com/103542677))

Firebird

Post  Firebird on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:49 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Firebird wrote:http://rt.com/news/242097-pak-ta-russian-army/

EDIT:

Yes I reported on the PAK TA project some 6 months ago but their wasn't any specifics. My thoughts are that the project seems too optimistic, 200 ton payload capability is possible, so is supersonic speed, but both 200 ton payload and supersonic speed? I think it isn't impossible, but is it probable? It can possibly be done, however what if it turns out to be extremely expensive? Like $1 or 2 billion a piece? Surely that wouldn't be worth the cost? 200 ton payload at 'sub-sonic' speed seems like it's a more cost-effective a viable target/option, but here's a case where I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong, but I have to see it before I can believe it...as in it leaves the drawing board stage, and with actual flying prototypes that meet the advertised requirements.

I was thinking, this could be a HUGE development, so I set up a separate thread for it.
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:11 am

Interesting stealthy design, but that single engine would have to be enormously powerful and I rather suspect it will be sub sonic or transonic rather than highly supersonic as depicted.

Just looking at the vid I suspect the three versions are 80, 120, and 200 ton payload capacity aircraft that will be subsonic. The wing angle suggests subsonic speeds. I rather doubt it would be swing wing.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:54 pm

noice- heavy armour on demand is fckin awesome. not to mention the graphics look like one of the x-com skyranger concept grown biggur- preparing for alien invasion perhaps?
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:54 pm

noice- heavy armour on demand is fckin awesome. not to mention the graphics look like one of the x-com skyranger concept grown biggur- preparing for alien invasion perhaps?
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:55 pm

Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec on Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:04 pm

They're building an airstrip on Franz Jozef land.

http://www.aviaport.ru/digest/2015/03/18/331497.html

Apparently, 2 x Il-78's + 4 x Su-34's will be based there, as well as 150 maintenance and security personell.

Not far from the North Pole....
    George1

Post  George1 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:12 pm

Cyberspec wrote:They're building an airstrip on Franz Jozef land.

http://www.aviaport.ru/digest/2015/03/18/331497.html

Apparently, 2 x Il-78's + 4 x Su-34's will be based there, as well as 150 maintenance and security personell.

Not far from the North Pole....

Su-34 for Naval Strike??
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec on Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:29 pm

George1 wrote:Su-34 for Naval Strike??

Land and naval I would guess.....it would also be a good place for refueling heavy bombers for over the North Pole missions, which is why the Il-78's will be there for I presume
    TheSentinel

Russia starts new drills in Southern Siberia

Post  TheSentinel on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:44 pm

Russia has confirmed that the Eastern Military District will start new military drills in the Republic of Buryatia.

S-300 SAM, Su-30 Flanker and Su-25 Frogfoot aircrafts to take part in the drills.

Wrote something on my blog about it. I can'T wait to be able to post my links Razz

Have a great day all!
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:58 am

Have you read this forums rules yet?

http://www.russiadefence.net/t269-rmf-rules-and-regulations

Please note in particular rule number 5...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    TheSentinel

Post  TheSentinel on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:08 am

GarryB wrote:Have you read this forums rules yet?

It is not a forum, it's my blog where I write news and analysis.
    TheSentinel

Post  TheSentinel on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:15 am

I even sent a my blog's adress to George1 through PM - I am sure he can confirm it's not going against this forum.
    Mike E

Post  Mike E on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:18 am

GarryB wrote:Have you read this forums rules yet?

Not like he's spamming us with the link... In fact I had to dig through the interwebs in order to find it. 

Forum =/= Blog, and users here have been linking forums forever.
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:55 am

Nice...

GarryB

Post  GarryB on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:20 am

Perhaps have a chat with Vlad79 http://www.russiadefence.net/u1 and discuss it with him.

Overall it is his decision/his forum/his rules. Smile

George1

Post  George1 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:35 am

GarryB wrote:Perhaps have a chat with Vlad79 http://www.russiadefence.net/u1 and discuss it with him.

Overall it is his decision/his forum/his rules.  Smile

I confirm that Sentinel sent me the address of his blog. Rules however say what Garry pointed out. Lets not expand this, it doesnt matter. I will put the threadin VVS news (after all it was all about a headline)

Smile
    George1

Post  George1 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:49 am

Plans aircraft deliveries from Novosibirsk and Voronezh aircraft factories in 2015

Russian Deputy Defense Minister for Armaments Yuri Borisov's trip continued with checking progress on the state defense order in 2015, from March 22 to visit six aircraft building and two shipbuilding enterprise in the Primorsky and Khabarovsk Territories, Irkutsk, Novosibirsk and Voronezh regions. March 25, 2015 Yuri Borisov inspected JSC "Voronezh Aircraft Company" (VASO).

As reported by the Office of Press and Information of the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation, during their stay in VASO Yuri Borisov acquainted with the construction of AN-148 and a series of long-haul aircraft IL-96.

The Deputy Minister also checked the readiness of enterprises to deploy new production of light military transport aircraft Il-112V.

Russian Deputy Defense Minister for Armaments Yuri Borisov in the workshop of JSC "Voronezh Aircraft Company" (VASO). In the background can be seen almost completed the construction of An-148-100E with registration number 61725 (presumably serial number 43-04) - the sixth board, built under contract in 2013 VASO with the Russian Defense Ministry to supply 15 aircraft AN-148-100. Voronezh, 03.25.2015 (c) of the Press and Information of the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation

"We have with the Voronezh aircraft factory's annual volume of work in 2015, about 7.5 billion rubles," - said Yuri Borisov during a visit to the company.

He specified that the aircraft factory must deliver to the Ministry of Defence in the current year four An-148 aircraft, as well as heavy transport aircraft Il-96-400.

In addition, the company is working on a new tanker aircraft, to be delivered in 2017.
    "It's no secret that in the production of Voronezh aircraft factory big share of Ukrainian units and units. But your team has managed to build work with Ukrainian partners in such a way as to prevent the failure of the timing of orders this year. We have full confidence that the car will be delivered on time, "- said Yuri Borisov.

He also noted that the Defense Ministry is closely following the work on the creation and preparation for mass production of light transport aircraft Il-112.

"In 2017, the first aircraft should be up in the air. From 2019, after the completion of all state tests Voronezh aircraft plant should begin serial production. These machines, we need at least 35 ", - said Yuri Borisov.

According to him, the issue of light transport aircraft for the Russian army even "not ripe and overripe."

"We have long thought, chose and finally returned to continue the contract with CB" Ilyushin "on IL-112", - said the deputy minister.

Earlier the same day, March 25 Yuri Borisov visited the Novosibirsk Aviation Plant JSC "Company" Sukhoi ". During his visit to this company, accompanied Borisov head of the department of military aviation JSC" United Aircraft Corporation "(UAC) Vladimir Mikhailov said that the aircraft plant in Novosibirsk 2015 "must deliver 16 Sukhoi Su-34. Novosibirsk are ready to give the cars even over the plan. "

Mikhailov said that "the plan this year, all the iron in the shops." "Three cars will be delivered very soon", - he said. According to the representative of the KLA, the company "works rhythmically."

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1238151.html

Interesting news!
    George1

Post  George1 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:22 am

Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:22 am

The tethered aerostat complex "Peresvet", which is planned to put a new generation of repeater
    created in the interests of the Russian Defense Ministry, is entering a stage of state tests.

He noted that the supply of the complex "Peresvet" was provided by the arms program for the period up to 2020. "Previously, the expected supply of this year the first two sets, but due to the prolongation of state tests, delivery may be no earlier than 2016," - said the source.

Earlier it was reported that the tethered balloon "Peresvet" is a key element of a relay set of a new generation. According to the technical task of the balloon must "stand" in the air for 15 days with no additional gas filling, and at different heights (100, 300, 1000 and 3000 m). "Peresvet" volume is 2850 cubic meters at an altitude of 3000 m allows you to set the target load of 300 kg, and at altitudes of 1-1.5 km load increases to approximately 500 kg.

Source: http://vpk-news.ru/news/24972

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:33 am

As the Voronezh plant complete the MoD's An-148 orders, will those be the last Antonov designed aircraft that will be procured by Russia?
    George1

Post  George1 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:49 am

China, Russia agree on joint helicopter project details — deputy PM

Russian aviation engine building industry is able to create an engine that can be used in a Russian-Chinese helicopter

HANGZHOU (China), April 28. /TASS/. Chinese President Xi Jinping’s visit to Moscow in May this year may result in the final agreement on all issues and the signing of documents on the creation of a joint Russian-Chinese helicopter, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said on Tuesday. He attended a meeting of the bilateral Commission for the preparation of regular meetings of the government heads. The Chinese delegation is headed by Vice Premier of the State Council Wang Yang.

"The helicopter project is in a high degree of readiness. We have informed the Chinese side that Russian aviation engine building industry today is in the capacity to create an engine that can be used in a Russian-Chinese helicopter. Yesterday evening [Monday] the sides coordinated the final aspects associated with this major project," said the deputy prime minister.

According to Rogozin, the project has prospects oin external markets, as well as in Russia. "This project has got the Chinese side which acts in it as the main investor very interested. We consider this project more a commercial one, because we have our own helicopter Mi-26. However, this project is already taking shape. The helicopter may be so interesting that it might be in demand also in Russia. Accordingly, we hope that in May we will be able to adjust everything and sign the necessary documents," he added.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:14 am