Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #2

kvs

Re: Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #2

Post  kvs on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:24 am

Big_Gazza wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:And Roskosmos is officially forced to swallow it's own shit, part in brackets is by me:

$45M Russian Satellite Lost After Scientists Admit They Gave It The Wrong Coordinates

http://www.sciencealert.com/45m-russian-satellite-lost-after-scientists-admit-they-gave-it-the-wrong-coordinates-roscosmos-meteor

OOI, whose responsibility was it to ensure the Fregat U/S was properly configured? Lavochkin as manufacturer, or Roskosmos? My understanding is that Roskosmos acts as the contracting authority and doesn't perform the technical verification function. That suggests it is the responsibility of manufacturers to ensure that their equipment operates correctly?

I'm really getting sick of human error fucking up Russian space missions. I'm generally not in favour of Stalin-style management techniques, but its times like this when I like to entertain myself with ideas of Gulag version 2.0. maybe a year of breaking rocks in -20C will help to... sharpen... peoples thought processes... Twisted Evil

Human error is different from project management error. This trivial task would have been identified and allocated a
    subproject slot in the initial engineering documents. If this task was not identified then you either have high level
    management gross incompetence or Rodchenkov style sabotage. I would not be surprised if some of these managers run off
    to the USA and we will get Papa Dragon's favourite wank fest fantasy fiction tales of gross incompetence in Russia's commercial
    satellite launch industry. America and its NATO minions have pulled out all the stops to sabotage Russia's economy.
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:00 am

I would not be surprised if some of these managers run off to the USA and we will get Papa Dragon's favourite wank fest fantasy fiction tales of gross incompetence in Russia's commercial satellite launch industry. 

If someone does run off to USA it would definitely be a gross incompetence only this time of security services and yes you would get "wank fantasy" (pretty damn real one though...) because these assholes should be kept under watch. They move around, talk to people, use telephones and internet. All that should be monitored.

You think NSA lets NASA, Boeing or Lockheed gophers chat online with anyone without looking over every single word?

Also Russia does not have commercial space Industry. They have national space agency that simply thinks it is commercial enterprise. It is not.
    kvs

Post  kvs on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:45 pm

PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:41 am

kvs wrote:https://www.cbsnews.com/news/spacex-falcon-9-rocket-zuma-satellite-possible-failure/

Americans are competent, Russians are incompetent.

LOL.

I am glad it's this particular payload that got trashed. (Zuma spy satellite)

Elon (as his cultists like to call him) has been trying to get onto Pentagon's gravy train since he started this little adventure. Commercial launches alongside asteroid mining fantasies and single launch Mars mission fairytales are just sales pitch and distraction for the real goal: getting permanently attached to DoD budget.

Awkward questions about federal subsidies will go away if he gets into defence budget like Boeing or Lockheed.

But now awkward questions will remain for some time. And federal subsidies are only thing keeping him in business, not just SpaceX but also Tesla and Solar City.
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:43 am

PapaDragon wrote:Awkward questions about federal subsidies will go away if he gets into defence budget like Boeing or Lockheed.

But now awkward questions will remain for some time. And federal subsidies are only thing keeping him in business, not just SpaceX but also Tesla and Solar City.
    I find it absurd that US taxpayers are supplying the capital for the development of SpaceX technology and infrastructure, yet their "investment" gains them zero equity. Poor little taxpayer sheep, being fleeced for the benefit of private industrialists....
    BlackArrow

Post  BlackArrow on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:45 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    I am glad it's this particular payload that got trashed. (Zuma spy satellite)

Elon (as his cultists like to call him) has been trying to get onto Pentagon's gravy train since he started this little adventure. Commercial launches alongside asteroid mining fantasies and single launch Mars mission fairytales are just sales pitch and distraction for the real goal: getting permanently attached to DoD budget.

Awkward questions about federal subsidies will go away if he gets into defence budget like Boeing or Lockheed.

I find it absurd that US taxpayers are supplying the capital for the development of SpaceX technology and infrastructure, yet their "investment" gains them zero equity. Poor little taxpayer sheep, being fleeced for the benefit of private industrialists... wrote:

The satellite launch service provided by SpaceX cost around 110 million $ if I recall - the Zuma spy satellite was supplied by Northrop-Grumman and cost one around one billion dollars - so who exactly is on the gravy train? All the major American aerospace companies rely heavily on government contracts - same goes for companies in other countries, including Russia.
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:16 am

BlackArrow wrote:

The satellite launch service provided by SpaceX cost around 110 million $ if I recall - the Zuma spy satellite was supplied by Northrop-Grumman and cost one around one billion dollars - so who exactly is on the gravy train? All the major American aerospace companies rely heavily on government contracts - same goes for companies in other countries, including Russia.

Northrop Grumman received the amount of money stipulated in the contact, no more no less

SpaceX received federal subsidies that they used to present price they charge for launch as lower than it is in reality

One company provides expensive product, other is using connections in the government and false advertising to achieve unfair advantage and defraud customer

Care to guess which is which?
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:51 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    BlackArrow wrote:

Northrop Grumman received the amount of money stipulated in the contact, no more no less

SpaceX received federal subsidies that they used to present price they charge for launch as lower than it is in reality

One company provides expensive product, other is using connections in the government and false advertising to achieve unfair advantage and defraud customer

Care to guess which is which?
    More than that, SpaceX has received federal funds (ie the taxpayers money) to develop their technology. Why don't the taxpayer have a share of the companies equity? Any private investor would.
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:44 am

The launch of SpaceX by American secret satellite Zuma ended in failure

tit for tat

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3041829.html

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:53 am