Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+40
Fred333
Godric
Skandalwitwe
Neutrality
bantugbro
Kimppis
KomissarBojanchev
T-47
George1
SeigSoloyvov
Cyberspec
KiloGolf
VARGR198
lycantrop
medo
GarryB
d_taddei2
Austin
Big_Gazza
Erk
Airman
storm333
nomadski
Regular
OminousSpudd
BKP
calm
AbdulhamidtheSecond
AlfaT8
Benya
arpakola
eehnie
ATLASCUB
kvs
auslander
franco
Vann7
miketheterrible
PapaDragon
0nillie0
44 posters

Syrian War: News #14

franco
    franco

Syrian War: News #14 - Page 35 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

Post  franco Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:01 pm

The scorecard that counts.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHSUVHGXkAQ-WkP.jpg:large
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:09 pm

franco wrote:The scorecard that counts.

Most of that land is just dessert.

What matters is who gets Deir and Al-suwar and the resources around it.

Oh humayah has been captured by the SAA
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:15 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

This doesn't stop with ISIS.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:19 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

It's a sweet dessert indeed. lol1 But on a serious note, most of what SDF supposedly control (in reality not at all) is desert areas and empty little villages awaiting return to government control.

Deir is mostly under SAA control. SAA gets to keep it as IS is on the path to destruction. There is no Deir debate. What is crucial is how fast can SAA get the job done in lifting the siege. Then pushing over the river, linking up with the troops in Hasaka and then all the way to Qamisli border and air base.

Last edited by KiloGolf on Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:22 pm

KiloGolf wrote:That statement is quite troubling. Since when this "alliance" has a say in where Syria places their own military?

Elijah J. Magnier‏ @ejmalrai  3h3 hours ago
    #USA confirming its occupation of #Syria (north-east), establishing unilaterally a "no-fly-zone".Elijah J. Magnier added,

Lucifuge Rofocale @rofoca_lucifuge
    #BREAKING Robert Jones: We will not allow the #SAA to bypass the Euphrates River this region is a no-fly zone

For now SAA is busy with IS, but in future they will want to link up to their forces in Hassaka and Qamisli, secure their borders etc.

This gives a reason to Syria and Russia to enlarge the current no-fly zone to the entire territory of Syria.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:27 pm

eehnie wrote:This gives a reason to Syria and Russia to enlarge the current no-fly zone to the entire territory of Syria.

Once they linkup with Deir Ezzor and eliminate IS south and west of the river, sure. But this alone is a huge task that implies complete elimination of IS in Syria. Then, they should push to Hasaka and Qamisli strategic locations, bases and airports. Basically irrespective of local goverment and Kurdish militia (SDF), SAA needs to get back control of all Syria's borders, cities, oil installations and highways. Same way they currently do in the South and towards Lebanon.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:29 pm

KiloGolf wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

It's a sweet dessert indeed.  lol1  But on a serious note, most of what SDF supposedly control (in reality not at all) is desert areas and empty little villages awaiting return to government control.

Deir is mostly under SAA control. SAA gets to keep it as IS is on the path to destruction. There is no Deir debate. What is crucial is how fast can SAA get the job done in lifting the siege. Then pushing over the river, linking up with the troops in Hasaka and then all the way to Qamisli border and air base.

That would involve direct fighting with the kurds has they will not give the land up the SAA will need to reach Qamisli without a fight.

That fight will happen well unless the kurds actually decide to go back under syrian ruler....but I doubt that for a number of reasons. So that fight will not happen until ISIS is gone and I suspect Assad will want to clean up the rebels first.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:33 pm

KiloGolf wrote:
    eehnie wrote:This gives a reason to Syria and Russia to enlarge the current no-fly zone to the entire territory of Syria.

Once they linkup with Deir Ezzor and eliminate IS south and west of the river, sure. But this alone is a huge task that implies complete elimination of IS in Syria. Then, they should push to Hasaka and Qamisli strategic locations, bases and airports. Basically irrespective of local goverment and Kurdish militia (SDF), SAA needs to get back control of all Syria's borders, cities, oil installations and highways. Same way they currently do in the South and towards Lebanon.

I want you to really think about what you just said a no-fly zone overall of syria? going to shoot down US aircraft if we do not agree?.

We never established a full no-fly zone over syria because we didn't want to gun down russian aircraft.

They would be costs and severe ones, anyone who suggests a full no fly zone against the US or Russia doesn't understand a dam thing.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:35 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:That would involve direct fighting with the kurds has they will not give the land up the SAA will need to reach Qamisli without a fight.

That fight will happen well unless the kurds actually decide to go back under syrian ruler....but I doubt that for a number of reasons. So that fight will not happen until ISIS is gone and I suspect Assad will want to clean up the rebels first.

The Kurds can't fight the SAA as whatever areas they supposedly control are (at best) under Police-level control by them or empty Arab villages and tribal areas. Kurds and SAA have had deals with SAA to perform border guard duties between them and the Turkish FSA. SDF is a small militia with no ability whatsoever to control the vast geography that online maps have assigned to their control. They have no resources, no industry, no ability whatsoever to keep anything afloat more than a collection of small towns and kurdish villages in remote areas here and there.

In reality those vast SDF desert areas are under nobody's control and await return under Sy goverment control.

It can and it will happen again.

Places like Manbij, Raqqa, Tabqa, Hasaka and Qamisli are simply not Kurdish and SAA will link up with them after IS is eliminated. It will happen with no major difficulty, as the Kurds will have to choose between survival under SAA control/protection and fast elimination/invasion/embargo by Erdogan's Turkey.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:42 pm

KiloGolf wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:That would involve direct fighting with the kurds has they will not give the land up the SAA will need to reach Qamisli without a fight.

The Kurds can't fight the SAA as whatever areas they supposedly control are at best under Police-level control by them or empty Arab villages and tribal areas. Kurds and SAA have had deals with SAA to perform border guard duties between them and the Turkish FSA.

It can and it will happen again. Places like Mabij, Tabqa, Hasaka and Qamisli are simply not Kurdish and SAA will link up with them after IS is eliminated. It will happen with no major difficulty, as the Kurds will have to choose between survival under SAA control/protection and fast elimination/invastion/embargo by Erdogan's Turkey.

I don't agree, you need to spend time around the kurds and from my time around them they do not agree.

I have always said tho their survival depends on us, if they accomplish some of what we desire in getting certain land areas we will stay in Syria thus Turkey will not touch them.

SAA will try however I do not think we will support the kurds via fighting against the SAA we will support them via gear and what not. I could be wrong here thingsa like this are near impossible to gather right and this is months away yet.

Only way SAA will get those areas back without a fight is if we leave Syria. Keep in mind what we say in press releases we never mean.

I saw someone post something that we said we aren't interested in staying here for decades and we very much are.

I always tell people my country has two hands the left says all this good stuff while the right is being a sneaky little bastard behind the scenes.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:43 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:I want you to really think about what you just said a no-fly zone overall of syria? going to shoot down US aircraft if we do not agree?.

We never established a full no-fly zone over syria because we didn't want to gun down russian aircraft.

They would be costs and severe ones, anyone who suggests a full no fly zone against the US or Russia doesn't understand a dam thing.

US aircraft rarely fly above Syria in any case. Some few CAS missions over Raqqa are a rarity as that front is pretty much finished. RuAF and SyAAF are the major air powers in Syria. And with time US will pull out of the country.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:43 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

That would involve direct fighting with the kurds has they will not give the land up the SAA will need to reach Qamisli without a fight.

Tend to agree with you. Assad (and the Russians etc) will want to be at maximum strength both politically and militarily before he takes on the Kurds.

Even if he doesn't and the SAA just keeps rolling on the interesting part will be will whether the Kurds, if they fight the SAA in what is probably a lost cause rather than go for a settlement, will still have the US supporting them. Or whether, as that US General said at Aspen a couple of weeks ago, the US would have to bow out under legal pressure due to Assad clearly being able to defeat ISIS, the only figleaf that the US has to be there.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:46 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:

The Kurds can't fight the SAA as whatever areas they supposedly control are at best under Police-level control by them or empty Arab villages and tribal areas. Kurds and SAA have had deals with SAA to perform border guard duties between them and the Turkish FSA.

It can and it will happen again. Places like Mabij, Tabqa, Hasaka and Qamisli are simply not Kurdish and SAA will link up with them after IS is eliminated. It will happen with no major difficulty, as the Kurds will have to choose between survival under SAA control/protection and fast elimination/invastion/embargo by Erdogan's Turkey.

I don't agree, you need to spend time around the kurds and from my time around them they do not agree.

I have always said tho their survival depends on us, if they accomplish some of what we desire in getting certain land areas we will stay in Syria thus Turkey will not touch them.

SAA will try however I do not think we will support the kurds via fighting against the SAA we will support them via gear and what not. I could be wrong here thingsa like this are near impossible to gather right and this is months away yet.

Only way SAA will get those areas back without a fight is if we leave Syria. Keep in mind what we say in press releases we never mean.

I saw someone post something that we said we aren't interested in staying here for decades and we very much are.

I always tell people my country has two hands the left says all this good stuff while the right is being a sneaky little bastard behind the scenes.

Nobody asked the Kurds about  Mabij, Tabqa, Hasaka and Qamisli. They are Syrian and Arab-dominated. Some more, some less but Kurds as a minority can only exploit the vacuum in as much as IS existence allowed them to do so. Once IS is finished, SDF will have to come back to its senses and pull out and back to the small Kurdish towns and villages, where they originated from.

Kurds in Syria have their back towards Turkey and the lands they supposedly control are not Kurdish in any sense. It's like the roles in SE Turkey but reversed (minus the strong Economy, NATO membership and access to any resources and sea lanes). That's the kind of game Kurds will always loose, trying to play boss in areas that are/were not theirs some few years ago.

I mean they can try to occupy, but they will face a very efficient insurgency right bang in the middle of their little project. With players like Hizbollah, Iran, Turkey, Iraq and Syria all geared against them.

So, yeah.. they loose in that game every single time.

Last edited by KiloGolf on Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:52 pm

Priority list for SAA is as follows:

1) ISIS in central Syria
    2) Deir ez Zorr
    3) ISIS beyond Euphrates river
    4) Rebels in Idlib
    5) Kurds

By the time they clear first 4 issues Kurdish problem will be solved, probably by Lavrov and his crew with some axillary motivation by Turks
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:56 pm

PapaDragon wrote:.

1) ISIS in central Syria
    2) Deir ez Zorr
    3) ISIS beyond Euphrates river
    4) Rebels in Idlib
    5) Kurds

By the time they clear first 4 issues Kurdish problem will be solved, probably by Lavrov and his crew with some axillary motivation by Turks

Syrian War: News #14 - Page 35 4938754+_bc1f3c97e77945c1b11798c05310c5a0
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:57 pm

So some ISIS guy trying to rush us with explosives tripped and blew himself up...it was pretty dam funny.

I post that here right?

and

#godsavethequeen
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:00 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:So some ISIS guy trying to rush us with explosives tripped and blew himself up...it was pretty dam funny.

I post that here right?

and

#godsavethequeen

That is pretty damn funny. lol1

Got video?
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:04 pm

1) ISIS in central Syria
    2) Post selfies on twitter/instagram
    3) Deir ez Zorr
    4) Post selfies on twitter/instagram
    5) ISIS beyond Euphrates river
    6) Post selfies on twitter/instagram
    7) Rebels in Idlib
    8 ) Post selfies on twitter/instagram
    9) Kurds
    10) Post selfies on twitter/instagram

Fixed for you.

Syrian War: News #14 - Page 35 B3OyX1vCEAAX_dB
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:20 pm

KiloGolf wrote:.................

Damn, If they paint that guy on the right green they will win this was in less than a week... affraid

Also, those 2 guys on the left look a bit ''cozy'' with each other lol1
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:34 pm

According to the reports, Russia led attack from Latakia, Iran led attack from S.Aleppo, Turkey led attack from Hatay to contain Nusra (HTS)

https://twitter.com/Souria4Syrians/status/898915587975503872
    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 35 DHmVqvxXoAU7HUb

Post  Guest Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:00 pm

KiloGolf wrote:

1) ISIS in central Syria
    3) Deir ez Zorr
    7) Rebels in Idlib
    9) Kurds

Fixed for you.

What the guy on the right doesnt know is that he ruined his life with hemicals he abused Very Happy

Wonder if he ever consulted anyone lol
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Militarov wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:

1) ISIS in central Syria
    3) Deir ez Zorr
    7) Rebels in Idlib
    9) Kurds

Fixed for you.

What the guy on the right doesnt know is that he ruined his life with hemicals he abused Very Happy

Wonder if he ever consulted anyone lol

lol1 lol1 lol1

Airman
    Airman

Post  Airman Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:11 am

Turkey, Iran shake hands on joint mechanism with Russia in Idlib
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:11 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:

I want you to really think about what you just said a no-fly zone overall of syria? going to shoot down US aircraft if we do not agree?.

If I'm not wrong, the plan can be a lot easier than what KiloGolf said. You personally are not good reading the situation. Neither your superiors. Russia is almost ridiculizing the US and Turkey in the strategic side of the war.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:48 am

America acting as ISIS air force just struck tiger forces.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:46 am