Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+40
Fred333
Godric
Skandalwitwe
Neutrality
bantugbro
Kimppis
KomissarBojanchev
T-47
George1
SeigSoloyvov
Cyberspec
KiloGolf
VARGR198
lycantrop
medo
GarryB
d_taddei2
Austin
Big_Gazza
Erk
Airman
storm333
nomadski
Regular
OminousSpudd
BKP
calm
AbdulhamidtheSecond
AlfaT8
Benya
arpakola
eehnie
ATLASCUB
kvs
auslander
franco
Vann7
miketheterrible
PapaDragon
0nillie0
44 posters

Syrian War: News #14

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Syrian War: News #14 - Page 11 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #14

Post  JohninMK Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:42 pm

Latest from CENTCOM on SDF in Raqqa. Clearly when their 'trusted partners' have finished the task the US gear will be returned.

Brigadier General Dave Anderson, of the Combined Joint Task Force-Operation Inherent Resolve, said that the U.S.-led coalition has trained over 8,500 members of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), and provided equipment for over 40,000 SDF fighters.

The Kurdish-led SDF is the main coalition partner in the fight against Islamic State’s (ISIS) extremists in northern Syria.

“In Syria, we have trained over 8,500 members of the SDF. And just this year have delivered weapons and ammunition and over 400 vehicles and personal equipment for over 40,000 troops,” Anderson said. “So, the SDF is — in essence, the clearance force and, if you will, the hold force; it’s not the police force at all. But we have anticipated the requirement, and so have the SDF,” he told reporters.

Moreover, the U.S.-led coalition also started working on training an internal security force for Raqqa, to secure the city after liberation from ISIS. “In the Raqqa area, we’re already starting to work on something that’s called the Raqqa Internal Security Force. This will be locals that will work for the Raqqa Council. So it’ll work for local governance, and they’ll be ready to establish that policing function, if you will, that safety and security element,” he said. “So this is about anticipating that requirement… that’s a pretty good job of prediction,” he added.

However, the coalition’s official said the idea to create an internal security force for Raqqa comes from the SDF. “But this is a great idea that the SDF has come up with, and we’ll assist them in the training and preparation work for what’s known as the RISF, or the Raqqa Internal Security Force,” he said.

Moreover, while the Turkish government is opposed to arm supplies to the SDF, and doesn’t trust that the SDF will return weapons to the coalition, the coalition says the SDF is a trusted force. “The key thing is to, for now, is to enable the fighters to complete their tasks. The SDF has done some extraordinary work. They really have. And they’ve done it very, very well. They’ve done it quickly. They’ve done it with a high degree of inventiveness,” General Anderson said. “We understand the follow-on requirements. And I know that the SDF is aware of those requirements. And we’ll continue to work that. This is a trusted partner force and it’s trusted for a reason. They’ve done exactly — every single time, they’ve done exactly what they said they would do,” he stated.

Until now, the SDF have taken about 45 square kilometers of ground from ISIS in and around the city of Raqqa this past week. “On Monday night, the SDF gained a foothold into the old city of Raqqa by breaching the ancient al-Rafiqa Wall, and they are now progressively pushing further into the city,” the coalition general said. “The SDF are exerting pressure on ISIS from four different fronts throughout the city. With a push to the east along the southern portion of the Euphrates River, ISIS is now completely encircled by SDF forces,” he added. “The fight in Raqqa is going well, but we know there will be tough days ahead. However, I’m confident that our partner forces are up to the task,” he concluded.

Reporting by: Wladimir van Wilgenburg | Source: ARA News

http://aranews.net/2017/07/8500-sdf-fighters-trained-us-led-coalition-combat-isis-equipment-delivered-40000-troops-syria-official/
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:07 pm

Just spotted this on Ford Russ. Seemed appropriate re Raqqa last month.

Syrian War: News #14 - Page 11 Get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FDDiO54VWAAAGgLm
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:57 pm

From Reddit, salt required:

Syrian-Chinese talks to establish industrial zone in Syria worth $ 2 billion and provide 40 thousand jobs.

https://twitter.com/SyrianReporters/status/884087919417458688

The #russian military police entered # Daraa city #syria

https://twitter.com/syriacham/status/884078558800478211
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:26 pm

More on the easterly move of the FSA by the US. Ash Shadadi is about 80k NE of Deir.

Hassan Ridha‏ @sayed_ridha 2h2 hours ago

Hassan Ridha Retweeted Hammurabi's Justice

Semi-official confirmation that US proxies at Tanf are being relocated to SDF-controlled al-Shadadi

Hammurabi's Justice‏ @Hammurabi_News

The US-led #Coalition approved the conditions that they given by MaT 4 establishing a new base in Ashadadi.
    More details soon.. #Syria #Tanf
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:28 pm

Bit of a game changer if correct. The implications are pretty interesting, hope they flew over Deir on their way.

Elijah J. Magnier‏ @ejmalrai 1h1 hour ago

#BreakingNews:
    #Iraq Air force bombed #ISIS HQ in al-Mayadeen, close to deir al-Zour in #Syria, in agreement with the gov in #Damascus.

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:47 pm

After what seems to be a few days of relative quiet, it looks like the preparations are complete and a new armoured operation about to get underway in the desert.

https://twitter.com/WithinSyriaBlog/status/884147208408498176

Also looks like they are getting ready to assault the defences of Sakhneh

Qalaat Al Mudiq‏ @QalaatAlMudiq 3h3 hours ago
    Replying to @QalaatAlMudiq

E. #Syria: two BM-27 Uragan pictured in Arak as Regime offensive on #ISIS-held #Sukhnah looming.

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=34.658346&lon=38.592567&z=12&m …

Syrian War: News #14 - Page 11 DEUDOM9WsAMry99
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:50 pm

@seigsoloyvov

The yanks support many client states , through their client administration . The money they provide props up the usraeli and Egyptian and Pakistan and Afghan and .....client states . Since invasion of Afghanistan under false pretext of fighting the alqaeeda ( according to them , not a single engagement against them so far ever in Afghanistan ) , opium production has increased compared to when Taliban was in power . Someone said that yanks only invest enough money to prop up their client , in a dependent and servile role . They could easily fight production of heroin . And invest in jobs and industry . Bring unity to Afghanistan . But then they would not be the masters of Afghan .

This is where other countries can compete with yanks . By investing in these states . Allow them to stand up for themselves . That is , if peace was allowed to prevail . The real winners of these yank military interventions are the Chinese and Russians and Indians and Iranians ...The yanks big guns and darkened hearts will not win them the world .

In the absence of national unity and myriad local ethnic religious wars , fed by their evil imperialist warmongers . Then fighting these separatists and beating them into the dust . Seems to be the only way of bringing unity to some states . Negotiations are useful , mainly in the beginning of conflicts . To provide solutions . And a way of practical information giving to the public . Wars in Yemen and Syria , can not now have negotiated settlements .
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:18 am

The Germans are now actually on the way out of Incirlik so it looks like the data they provided will be gone until the end of the month.

Germany started on Sunday the withdrawal of its forces from the Turkish Incirlik airbase, what was approved by Bundestag in June following Berlin's row with Ankara, German media reported.

BERLIN (Sputnik) – First of all, Berlin will pull out tanker aircraft and reconnaissance Tornado jets, Der Spiegel magazine reported, citing its sources.

The Tornado jets will reportedly be withdrawn from Turkey to Germany until the end of July. After that, in a month and a half, the aircraft will be moved to a base in Jordan.

The conflict between Berlin and Ankara dates back to May, when Turkey blocked a group of German lawmakers from visiting servicemen stationed at Incirlik, which has been used by Berlin to carry out reconnaissance flights as part of the international operation against against the Daesh (outlawed in Russia) terrorist organization. Mustafa Yeneroglu, a Turkish lawmaker representing the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP), told Sputnik that the decision to ban German lawmakers from entering the base was made due to the threat posed by politicians who supported the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), a group listed as a terrorist organization in Turkey.

To resolve the dispute between the two states, the German government backed the relocation of German troops from the Incirlk base. According to German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen, the German military airplanes and equipment will be moved to airfield Azraq in northern Jordan.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201707091055386573-germany-incirlik-airbase/
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:02 am

Looks as if the caution regarding the 'Russians using hammers on prisoners' may have been well founded. Spelling mistake on badge and hammers missing bodies, it seems. No wonder it never hit the mainstream.

RusSyrianWariors‏ @Ruswariors 2h2 hours ago
    #FakeNews Part 2 Russians're beating with hammers captured #ISIS terrorist
    Error in word
    Stop frame: No feet and hands're hit. #Syria

Syrian War: News #14 - Page 11 DEUqCQfWsAEqaXa

Syrian War: News #14 - Page 11 DEUqEwdWAAA9AG2

Syrian War: News #14 - Page 11 DEUqF8HXoAQx5oS
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:13 am

JohninMK wrote:Looks as if the caution regarding the 'Russians using hammers on prisoners' may have been well founded. Spelling mistake on badge and hammers missing bodies, it seems. No wonder it never hit the mainstream.

Error in word

I don't quote myself often but when I do it is only to demonstrate my collosal intellect and wisdom Cool    lol1

PapaDragon wrote:........

Nobody is picking up on that slam dunk even after nearly a week

That means that there is something in that video that makes it obviously fake even though we might not able to pinpoint it but those who would love to air it are able to so I guess that one goes to "better luck next time" folder

https://www.russiadefence.net/t5495p750-russian-military-involvement-and-aid-to-syria-11#198583
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:49 am

To be honest I did not really view the video with full attention since gore does not fascinate me. But
    anybody who has handled a sledgehammer should realize that slamming one on a hand will leave a pulp where
    bone, muscle and skin used to be. There would be blood everywhere including on the hammer. But all
    of these details are missing.

This video will be useful in the future when some NATO clowns claim that use of "Russian" language proves
    culpability.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:57 am

kvs wrote:To be honest I did not really view the video with full attention since gore does not fascinate me.   But
    anybody who has handled a sledgehammer should realize that slamming one on a hand will leave a pulp where
    bone, muscle and skin used to be.   There would be blood everywhere including on the hammer.   But all
    of these details are missing.

This video will be useful in the future when some NATO clowns claim that use of "Russian" language proves
    culpability.

Didn't watch it myself either but that was on assumption that it was just mercs so I didn't care one way or the other but looking at these frames I am amazed that they thought that they could pass it off as Russians of any kind let alone officiall military.

I man just look at those clowns, like a combination of 80s B-movie and low budget videogame.

That guy is wearing combination of 5 different third world insurgent clothing items. One silencer on AK and everyone thinks they are Russian SSO, I mean WTF?

And don't get me started on the haircut, lice epidemic waiting to happen....
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:43 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Looks as if the caution regarding the 'Russians using hammers on prisoners' may have been well founded. Spelling mistake on badge and hammers missing bodies, it seems. No wonder it never hit the mainstream.

Error in word

I don't quote myself often but when I do it is only to demonstrate my collosal intellect and wisdom Cool    lol1

I have to admit that expecting getting that response from you was a reason I put it up Laughing
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:42 pm

JohninMK wrote:.........

I have to admit that expecting getting that response from you was a reason I put it up Laughing

You know me too well. lol1
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:58 pm

SAA & Allies liberated ~3000km2 in east of Damascus province
    https://twitter.com/A7_Mirza/status/884395682521653248
    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 11 DEX_6iZVoAE9o-x
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:12 pm

That's abit inaccurate, they haven't seized that much yet, we have them here at the point they reached around Jabal Makhoul they are currently trying to encircle a large amount of FSA troops. Most of that area is still green
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:22 pm

SAA have size all important locations and villages, US backed rebels can go to Shadadi with their US masters.
    Give up of Tanf already...

Syrian War: News #14 - Page 11 DEX_0T6UAAA8pS6
    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 11 DEYB3SFVYAAQFR4
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:26 pm

It seems that Turkey deployed Air Defense weapons in Al Bab. Which aircrafts plan them to face? The Kurds have not.

http://mideast.liveuamap.com/en/2017/9-july-turkish-armed-forces-deployed-shortrange-antiaircraft
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:39 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:That's abit inaccurate, they haven't seized that much yet, we have them here at the point they reached around Jabal Makhoul they are currently trying to encircle a large amount of FSA troops. Most of that area is still green

At least they are moving in the right direction, they should get there

Looks like they finally stopped running away at first sign of resistance, that was pissing me off big time
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:01 pm

The'Nimr'Tiger @Souria4Syrians 35m35 minutes ago

Map of confirmed Syrian Army advances in East Suwayda and Damascus so far. Reports that US-backed jihadists have fled the battlefield

Syrian War: News #14 - Page 11 DEZLct5XYAA1MEb

Syrian War: News #14 - Page 11 DEZL6rEXUAAmbsH
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:26 pm

Now that is correct, just has I stated.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:46 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Now that is correct, just has I stated.
    Cartographer's wheels grind slowly collating information arriving at light speed from the front Very Happy
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:53 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:Now that is correct, just has I stated.
    Cartographer's wheels grind slowly collating information arriving at light speed from the front Very Happy

Speaking of cartographers here is latest from our favorite one:
    Syrian War: News #14 - Page 11 DEZH-l3XUAAgY8R
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:01 pm

Word is the FSA is going to hand over the Qalamoun pocket, they are in talks with the SAA in one of those reconciliation agreements.

I cannot confirm this so take it with a grain of salt.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:39 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Word is the FSA is going to hand over the Qalamoun pocket, they are in talks with the SAA in one of those reconciliation agreements.

I cannot confirm this so take it with a grain of salt.
    I've read it out there, God knows where now, so you are probably spot on, it makes a lot of sense for the FSA footsloggers, no point dying if you don't have to.

The SAA strategy seems to be rolling along quite well, following your thoughts.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 am