Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Discord discussion group

Rowdyhorse4

Discord discussion group

Post  Rowdyhorse4 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:08 am

I was wondering if we have a discord Discussion group here?
    nomadski

Re: Discord discussion group

Post  nomadski on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:14 am

@Rowdyhorse4

As a newcomer to forum myself . I welcome you . Discord ? Plenty of it in every topic . Pick your pick . But discord is merely contradictions in people's minds . Contradictions that sometimes rise because of disparity between external material reality and internal mental reality .

As a mirror to the external world , our social or collective mind , seems to be in delay mode . Delay in some cases of a few hundred or thousand years . Although individual minds may approach a true reflection . But these are geniuses .

For example think about cats and dogs . Europeans adopt dogs and consider them fondly . Adopt them as pets . But middle easterners consider dogs to be unclean . They like cats instead ! However dogs were useful for hunter gatherer men . Before the agricultural revolution . Some 40000 years ago . Dogs lost their usefulness at that time . Cats became useful for farmers then to get rid of rodents on the farm . But since the agricultural revolution happened in the middle east . Some thousands of years before Europe . Then only now is this delayed effect visible . The holy books of islam advises against dogs . But nothing against cats .

In a similar way civilization started in the middle east . People learnt by living in big cities that some rules were better than others . Or that bad consequences would follow . This civilizational phenomenon had a delayed effect in Europe . So middle easterners have some more advanced social norms than Europe .

The industrial revolution happened in Europe . Some 400 years ago . But the social effect will delay by many thousands or hundreds of years . We really do not know yet , what social industrial society looks like . Although thinkers have predicted a path . For now Europe exists in a material industrial environment . And a mental hunter gatherer environment . And middle east exists in a pre-industrial material environment . And a mental and social agricultural environment . Hence the contradictions . Or discord .
    Rowdyhorse4

Post  Rowdyhorse4 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:51 am

nomadski wrote:@Rowdyhorse4

As a newcomer to forum myself . I welcome you . Discord ? Plenty of it in every topic . Pick your pick . But discord is merely contradictions in people's minds . Contradictions that sometimes rise because of disparity between external material reality and internal mental reality .

As a mirror to the external world , our social or collective mind , seems to be in delay mode . Delay in some cases of a few  hundred or thousand years . Although individual minds may approach a true reflection . But these are geniuses .

For example think about cats and dogs . Europeans  adopt  dogs and consider them fondly . Adopt them as pets . But middle easterners consider  dogs  to be unclean . They like cats instead !  However dogs were useful for hunter gatherer men . Before the agricultural revolution . Some 40000 years ago . Dogs lost their usefulness at that time . Cats became useful for farmers then to get rid of rodents on the farm . But since the agricultural revolution happened in the middle east . Some thousands of years before Europe . Then only now is this delayed effect visible . The holy books of islam  advises against dogs . But nothing against cats .

In a similar way civilization started in the middle east . People learnt by living in big cities that some rules were better than others . Or that bad consequences would follow . This civilizational phenomenon had a delayed effect in Europe . So middle easterners have some more advanced social norms than Europe .

The industrial revolution happened in Europe . Some 400 years ago . But the social effect will delay by many thousands or hundreds of years . We really do not know yet , what social industrial society looks like . Although thinkers have predicted a path .  For now Europe exists in a material industrial environment . And a mental hunter gatherer environment . And middle east exists in a pre-industrial material environment . And a mental and social agricultural environment . Hence the contradictions . Or discord .

Ummm Discord as in this https://discordapp.com/ ....

Not Discord literally
    Rowdyhorse4

Post  Rowdyhorse4 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:52 am

Cause i feel like it would be a nice medium if this forum had a Live discord chat for more Direct and quicker discussions as well....
    well I'd like an admin's opinion on a discord server as well
    Rowdyhorse4

An RDF (Unofficial) Discord Server for more Live Discussions of Russia Defence Forum topics!

Post  Rowdyhorse4 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:19 am

Hello Everyone! welcome

I have established a RDF Discord Server for RDF Members with a Discord Account and those who wants a more "Live or on the time" Discussion!
    This discord doesn't serve as a replacement for the Official Russia Defense Forum and is not their official discord server! This is made so people get to have a Live discussion and adds to the RDF Experience!
    Expect the discussions to be less organized than the ones Here in RDF!

RDF Standard rules still apply to this discord though for your information....

Here's the Server Link!
    https://discord.gg/AtBFHyB

Feel Free to join the Discord Server!

Note to any RDF Staff: If i have broken any rules with this or if any RDF Staff members have an issue with this, Feel free to contact me and i will take down this post myself without resistance! RDF Staff can also join anytime as well! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:28 am