Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Romania - US military relations

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Romania - US military relations

Post  AlfaT8 on Sat May 24, 2014 12:53 am

macedonian wrote:
    BlackArrow wrote:All European countries are ruled by the American ambassador? The stupidest thing I have read this week. It is also the most offensive one.
    You're right, Russia isn't. So technically not ALL
    I disagree, according to many Russia isn't technically part of Europe, we had already discussed this in the past, so as far as i am concerned, All European countries are ruled by America.

collegeboy16
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  collegeboy16 on Sat May 24, 2014 7:47 am

how bout germany and france then? if the muricans have their way the germans and french would cancel all their deals with russia.
    A more accurate statement would be "all small/weak/irrelevant euro countries are under murica".

Intrigado
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Intrigado on Sat May 24, 2014 1:43 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:
    Intrigado wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:I have my interpretation but I am very much interested to hear from as many Romanians as possible before saying mine.

Well, I was hoping to be spared the humiliation but..... Embarassed Our hare-brained and spineless politicians are so pathetically grateful for America's decision to place this part of the ABM shield in Romania that this business is entirely an American one; if they decide to bring here missiles with nuclear capacity or whatever else would suit their needs, those idiots wouldn't do anything else but nod and smile. Now, of course, people endowed with a bit of sense aren't happy with this development and ask why would we need such defense system as we don't have anything to do with either Iran or North Korea, the rogue states against which it was said that is necessary to build this kind of shield. But these people are quickly silenced with a "Would you want to happen again as it did in 1940?". We have a kind of "besieged fortress" mentality and, whatever this shield means to the US, from our point of view, it means that the Americans have reasons to defend a land we cannot defend by ourselves, just as, if you allow me to say this, just as Hitler was interested to defend us because he was really defending his main source of oil. As, due to three centuries of long and ugly common history, Russia is pinpointed as the main source of danger to Romania, considering the story with the Republic of Moldova as well, many of my co-nationals and, of course, the government think that in case of something, the US would want to defend their precious shield, just as Nazi Germany guarded its precious petroleum with the utmost care. That's all.  Smile Only that, as I heard, the systems seem to be designed to be mobile; if things run amok, the US soldiers can simply load them in trucks or whatever and hit the road, leaving us mired in whatever sticky situation they brought upon our heads.  Shocked But that's not official, you can imagine.

As for the Joe Biden thing....people here were commenting that he must have come to find his other son a well-paid job, as the caring father he is.  Smile Officially, he was asked to pass on the request for a permanent American base in the port of Constanta and probably assured that the deals with Chevron keep running smoothly. Instead, he wiped the floor with us for being corrupted oligarchs, praised some judicial institutions that are keeping alive the holy NKVD tradition and assured us the US are going to comply with the provisions of Article 5 of the NATO Treaty. I never felt so ashamed in my life.

Thank you very much for the detailed insight!

You're welcome. That's the recipe for Uncle Sam' success in this part of the world: cleverly nourished paranoia.

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Sat May 24, 2014 2:40 pm

collegeboy16 wrote:how bout germany and france then? if the muricans have their way the germans and french would cancel all their deals with russia.
    A more accurate statement would be "all small/weak/irrelevant euro countries are under murica".
    In the case of Germany, from what i can see, there political elites are more than happy to follow Washington's orders, it's there business elites that are making this difficult.Rolling Eyes 

In the case of France, who isn't completely following Washington demands in the case with the Mistral and is trying to maintain the statuesque between UOMZ and Thales, nevertheless depending on how long this crisis lasts, it will only be a matter of time before they capitulate to Washington's demands. No

Intrigado
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Intrigado on Sat May 24, 2014 8:30 pm

macedonian wrote:Thanks Intrigado for that detailed opinion.
    Seems many of us eastern Europeans are in a same mess (ruled by easily bought, spineless, corrupted politicians who bow to Brussels and bend-over for Washington, completely forgetting national interests). I read a comment yesterday by a Chinese guy who basically said: Europeans have no real sovereignty, they are governed by their elites, but the real ruler in almost all European countries is the American ambassador. It's very sad, but very true.

I guess that's why many here (yours truly included) can't wait for the 'Empire' to fall...oh that 'll be the day...

I was under the impression that, apart from Poland, Romania, the Baltics, Moldova or Georgia who have their own historical anxieties and fears to bear, the rest of Europe should be far less sensitive to America's siren song. For example, the US wanted first to instal parts of the ABM shield in the Czech Republic but the Czechs rejected it. Moreover, most of Central and East European countries, not to mention the Western countries, have extensive trade with Russia and, as for many of them it's practically impossible to penetrate the EU market with their own products, the Russian or the ex-Soviet markets are very attractive. So why would they want to put themselves under the American jackboot? They cannot be so easily scared with the boogeyman from the East and I don't think US investments would compensate the loss of economic gains resulted from the trade with Russia.

macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  macedonian on Sat May 24, 2014 9:32 pm

Intrigado wrote:I was under the impression that, apart from Poland, Romania, the Baltics, Moldova or Georgia who have their own historical anxieties and fears to bear, the rest of Europe should be far less sensitive to America's siren song. For example, the US wanted first to instal parts of the ABM shield in the Czech Republic but the Czechs rejected it. Moreover, most of Central and East European countries, not to mention the Western countries, have extensive trade with Russia and, as for many of them it's practically impossible to penetrate the EU market with their own products, the Russian or the ex-Soviet markets are very attractive. So why would they want to put themselves under the American jackboot? They cannot be so easily scared with the boogeyman from the East and I don't think US investments would compensate the loss of economic gains resulted from the trade with Russia.

Playing the "Divide Et Impera" game is what these people do for a living. And they are FAR from amateurs at it.
    Talking from personal experience here. I did some work (nothing major, but enough to get the idea) for some of the major US foundations and NGOs both here and abroad, and I'll tell you this: They REALLY know how to exploit every single difference between people! Not just the usual (ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation) but even the less obvious ones, and those that were dormant for centuries...I suspect they have a plethora of real experts ranging from Historians, Psychologists and Sociologists to Military/Intelligence analysts and field agents. Top that with locals that are easily bought for money/power/position (loads of those here) - and you get some sense of their capacity and capabilities. And they are VERY, VERY subtle! They plan one campaign after another, the former very contradictory to the next, yet they can make it sound as if it's not so. No wonder, since they have all the politicos and journalists in their pockets. That's how they make white seem black and vice versa.

And make no mistake: these people take the American people for a ride too, they are mere "plebs" to them. It's not like they're American patriots or something, they only use the idea to attract cannon fodder for their profit.

mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  mack8 on Mon May 26, 2014 1:28 am

Intrigado wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:I have my interpretation but I am very much interested to hear from as many Romanians as possible before saying mine.

Well, I was hoping to be spared the humiliation but..... Embarassed Our hare-brained and spineless politicians are so pathetically grateful for America's decision to place this part of the ABM shield in Romania that this business is entirely an American one; if they decide to bring here missiles with nuclear capacity or whatever else would suit their needs, those idiots wouldn't do anything else but nod and smile. Now, of course, people endowed with a bit of sense aren't happy with this development and ask why would we need such defense system as we don't have anything to do with either Iran or North Korea, the rogue states against which it was said that is necessary to build this kind of shield. But these people are quickly silenced with a "Would you want to happen again as it did in 1940?". We have a kind of "besieged fortress" mentality and, whatever this shield means to the US, from our point of view, it means that the Americans have reasons to defend a land we cannot defend by ourselves, just as, if you allow me to say this, just as Hitler was interested to defend us because he was really defending his main source of oil. As, due to three centuries of long and ugly common history, Russia is pinpointed as the main source of danger to Romania, considering the story with the Republic of Moldova as well, many of my co-nationals and, of course, the government think that in case of something, the US would want to defend their precious shield, just as Nazi Germany guarded its precious petroleum with the utmost care. That's all.  Smile Only that, as I heard, the systems seem to be designed to be mobile; if things run amok, the US soldiers can simply load them in trucks or whatever and hit the road, leaving us mired in whatever sticky situation they brought upon our heads.  Shocked But that's not official, you can imagine.

As for the Joe Biden thing....people here were commenting that he must have come to find his other son a well-paid job, as the caring father he is.  Smile Officially, he was asked to pass on the request for a permanent American base in the port of Constanta and probably assured that the deals with Chevron keep running smoothly. Instead, he wiped the floor with us for being corrupted oligarchs, praised some judicial institutions that are keeping alive the holy NKVD tradition and assured us the US are going to comply with the provisions of Article 5 of the NATO Treaty. I never felt so ashamed in my life.

And you were jumping all over me when i was saying something not far from the gist what you just said, few weeks ago. Anyway, that's a good resume of the situation  our "lovely" country finds itself in nowadays (and a sad one too), thanks. Personally i'm now trying to avoid any romanian media/fora  as it only serves to fill me up with blood-boiling anger.

Intrigado
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Intrigado on Mon May 26, 2014 8:49 pm

mack8 wrote:
    Intrigado wrote:

And you were jumping all over me when i was saying something not far from the gist what you just said, few weeks ago. Anyway, that's a good resume of the situation  our "lovely" country finds itself in nowadays (and a sad one too), thanks. Personally i'm now trying to avoid any romanian media/fora  as it only serves to fill me up with blood-boiling anger.

Ah, Mack. What can I say today after just learning that the accursed bastards I intended to vote yesterday with the purpose of strengthening the ALDE group, for which I have a lot of sympathy, took my vote and gave them to the Populars whom I hate with all my heart? I'm left speechless. I cannot even find words to describe how I feel for those who spat me in my face. cry

AirCargo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Romania Requests More NATO Support.

Post  AirCargo on Tue May 27, 2014 2:34 pm

Romania-Insider.com

May 1, 2014 08:14 am

Romania wants more NATO troops locally, even permanent base: “Russian threat is a reality, and we need support”

Romania wants and needs more American troops stationed locally, as the country covers the Eastern NATO border, said Foreign Affairs Minister Titus Corlatean. Romanian authorities even hope the Alliance will create a permanent military base in Romania.

“We are the first country in which the missile defense system will be deployed. In 2015, the system be operational [in Romania]. We are interested in having a strong political, military, and economic presence of the United States in Romania,” said Corlatean in an interview for Washington Post.

The message increased the level of interest in Washington, the Romanian Minister added, reinforcing that the Russian threat is a reality, and that Romania needs support. American troops are currently stationed at the Mihail Kogalniceanu military base in the Dobrogea region, close to the Black Sea shore.

The minister also underlined the need to increase defense expenditures, as well as Romania’s willingness to share the burden of these expenses. “Our target is to reach by 2016 2 percent of GDP allocated to the defense budget. We encourage other European allies to do the same.”

All these while the US rediscovered the geo-strategic importance of Eastern Europe, after previously focusing on the Asia – Pacific region.

Corlatean met US Secretary of State John Kerry in Washington earlier this week during a conference in Washington organized by the Atlantic Council of the United States. According to a release from Romania’s Foreign Ministry, they discussed the developing situation in Ukraine.

Hannibal Barca
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Hannibal Barca on Tue May 27, 2014 4:14 pm

The system that established after the death of Chausescu know that is gonna dethroned and vanished once Russia and co. come back as the leading force in Romanian's economic life and with the current trend this will be well before the end of this decade. Given the global financial outlook, trying to resist this is futile IMO making  your position even worse, trying already to make deals with the new status quo is a safer bet if you ask me. One way or an other China's hegemonic position in Europe's economic life is a certainty, so...
    Just my humble opinion.

macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  macedonian on Tue May 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Romania wants more NATO troops locally, even permanent base: “Russian threat is a reality, and we need support”

If that's how they feel, than that's how they feel...no point arguing about it.
    Shame how the "Orthodox world" forgot all about being Orthodox (not excluding Macedonia here, mind you)...but that's nothing new really.

But Christian Orthodoxy aside, people are stupid to the n-th degree, time and time again in history.
    I guess it always has been easy to sell polluted water to the thirsty and rotten food to the hungry for top dollars.

Sad thing that.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Wed May 28, 2014 3:30 am

My first thought was the Romulans are requesting help from the Borg...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

George1000cy
    Private
    Private

Post  George1000cy on Wed May 28, 2014 11:46 am

This time there will be no "Romania" left just a big-big hole full of garbage. They always help whoever is attacking Russia (ww2) and behave like trash and puppets. At least that's what I see forgive me if you are from Romania but your country is like a prostitute

Hannibal Barca
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Hannibal Barca on Wed May 28, 2014 11:58 am

George1000cy wrote:This time there will be no "Romania" left just a big-big hole full of garbage. They always help whoever is attacking Russia (ww2) and behave like trash and puppets. At least that's what I see forgive me if you are from Romania but your country is like a prostitute

Hello and welcome. There is no reason to be so harsh, Romania is awful but we all exhibit in the same brothel  Razz 
    and the label writes outside "Pax Americana"  Twisted Evil 

George1000cy
    Private
    Private

Post  George1000cy on Wed May 28, 2014 12:25 pm

Why should I be less harsh. We all know what they are why should we bite our tongues and shut up? Wink
    A nation that allows itself to be "used" by almost anyone cannot demand respect. Respect is earned

George1000cy
    Private
    Private

Post  George1000cy on Wed May 28, 2014 12:30 pm

I guess we all know the difference between a man fighting for his motherland/family/beliefs/way of life/freedom etc. and a mercenary
    What will they be fighting for? Their master???

Hannibal Barca
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Hannibal Barca on Wed May 28, 2014 12:41 pm

George1000cy wrote:I guess we all know the difference between a man fighting for his motherland/family/beliefs/way of life/freedom etc.

Yeah and I did say that we are all slaves. Romania is shame but is not unique. Actually is not even the worst in case you know what is going on there.
    Just for starters Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Serbia, Bulgaria have MUCH LESS excuses..

George1000cy
    Private
    Private

Post  George1000cy on Wed May 28, 2014 1:22 pm

Yes, I know I live in Cyprus...
    It's not only Romania that's a shame most European countries are like that.

About a year ago when the Syrian crisis got hotter our minister of external affairs made a statement about Assad calling him a killer and supporting the "western" view on the chemical attacks. The biggest local newspaper had this on their site and I was not afraid to comment calling him a liar and a puppet of the zionists. In simple mature Greek language. 'Cause he just repeated the words of his masters.

Excuses is not something we should contest about who has more/less.
    When I read: Cyprus/Greece/Serbia etc request nato support 'cause they are "afraid of Russia" my comments will be on the same wavelength.

Comments can't change the world, correct action can

Take care

Intrigado
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Intrigado on Wed May 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:
    George1000cy wrote:I guess we all know the difference between a man fighting for his motherland/family/beliefs/way of life/freedom etc.

Yeah and I did say that we are all slaves. Romania is shame but is not unique. Actually is not even the worst in case you know what is going on there.
    Just for starters Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Serbia, Bulgaria have MUCH LESS excuses..

Thank you for defending us. It's much appreciated.  Surprised I'm gunna buy from now one only Greek oranges and Greek olive oil. Smile 

As for the permanent military base thing, as I said, it was a request made to Joe Biden last week and it represents a combination of politics and irresponsibility. I mean, our politicians know that if they don't show their unconditional love and obedience towards Uncle Sam, they're going to be ousted from power and even jailed. Secondly, there is a competition going on in this area. Poland requested 10.000 US soldiers on its territory, so I heard, the Baltics want permanent NATO bases too and that aroused some kind of apprehension: what if Poland and the Baltics take the whole US Army and no Marine would be left to us?  Laughing Let's try to get some US soldiers of our own before they run out. We get them now and we'll kick them out when they become useless, simple as that. Because, if the US have no intention towards us other than using our territory to place their military equipment and milking us dry of natural resources, especially of shale gas and oil, they will be kicked out no matter how. And the best part is that the Americans won't suspect a thing...until one day when they'll be asked to take their rags and go home.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:21 pm

NATO Plans to Deploy Troops in Romania Are Confrontational

Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Alexander Lukashevich said NATO plans to deploy troops very close to the Russian border in Romania are confrontational.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — NATO plans to deploy military forces in Romania are inadequate and confrontational, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Alexander Lukashevich said Wednesday.

Polish soldiers watch as US troops from the 5th Battalion of the 7th Air Defense Regiment emplace a launching station of the Patriot air and missile defence system at a test range in Sochaczew, Poland.

"In fact, it is a sequential transformation of the country into another supportive foothold for the United States and NATO close to the Russian border. We have repeatedly commented on such steps by NATO member states, noting their confrontational manner and stressing their inadequacy and redundancy, both militarily and financially," Lukashevich said.

According to Lukashevich, the Romanian government is sacrificing the safety of the region by agreeing to deploy the bloc's military forces.

"One is tempted to conclude that the current Romanian authorities, in order to raise their 'profile' in the eyes of the overseas strategists… are willing to sacrifice maintenance of stability in the Black Sea region for tactical reasons," Lukashevich said.

Lukashevich added that Russia clearly poses no threat to Romania or any other country, thus statements on the "defensive character" of NATO activities in light of false accusations of Moscow aggression make no sense at all.

Last week, the United States deployed 12 A-10 Warthog planes and 200 airmen and support equipment to Romania to ensure a posture of security to allies in the region.

In early February, NATO defense ministers agreed to set up a new high-readiness group dubbed Spearhead Force as part of the NATO Response Force. The ministers also decided to establish six command and control units in Romania, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland.

According to the US Missile Defense Agency, the United States will install an Aegis Ashore Ballistic Missile Defense complex in Romania in 2015 and a similar system in Poland by 2018.

Russia has repeatedly expressed concern over NATO's increased military presence in Eastern Europe.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150408/1020614457.html#ixzz3WkrdHEd1

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Wed May 06, 2015 10:46 am

NATO to Deploy US Missile Interceptors at Base in Romania by Year-End

Romanian Defense Minister Mircea Dusa said that elements of NATO missile shield in Europe will be deployed at a military base in Deveselu, Romania by the end of 2015.

CHISINAU (Sputnik) — Elements of NATO missile shield in Europe will be deployed at a military base in Deveselu, Romania by the end of 2015, Romanian Defense Minister Mircea Dusa said Tuesday.

The announcement follows his meeting with US Navy Admiral Mark Ferguson, Commander of the Allied Joint Force Command (JFC) in Naples, Italy, held in Romania earlier in the day.

“We both emphasized the need for the solidarity of the Alliance in terms of security in the region. I pointed out that Romania is an oasis of stability,” Dusa was quoted as saying by Romanian media.

He also specified that NATO’s missile-intercepting facility in Deveselu will carry out only defense functions.

In late October, 2013, Romania and the United States signed a bilateral agreement to deploy SM-3 missile interceptors at the Deveselu Air Base in southern Romania.

The move is viewed in Russia as a threat to its national security and nuclear deterrence capabilities, while the United States and NATO claim their ballistic missile defense system is aimed at intercepting a small number of missiles launched from countries like Iran and is not directed against Moscow.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150505/1021750464.html#ixzz3ZLWmXmFZ

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Wed May 06, 2015 11:14 am

RUSSIA IS EURASIAN

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu May 07, 2015 1:46 am

max steel wrote:  RUSSIA IS EURASIAN

Which would make them both European and Asian....

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Thu May 07, 2015 8:04 am

Obviously Garry . Russia is Eurasian not European .

I have not seen such a beautiful country like Russia if you go in west you'll meet europe if you go in south you'll see central asia if you go in btwn w-s you find m.east if you go in east you will find s.e asia . Its a fucking huge country . Very Happy

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu May 07, 2015 10:43 am

Obviously Garry . Russia is Eurasian not European .

No.

If Eurasian means European and Asian then Russia IS European AND Asian... that would be what Eurasian means.

It becomes a mixed ethnicity situation... like a child to a white person and a Japanese person rejected by both cultures as being too much of the other ethnicity... of course the enormous flaw in my analogy is that Russia is a multi ethnic society that spans two continents... of course it can be European AND Asian all at the same time... the way individual people clearly can't... but should be able to.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:07 pm

Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:07 pm