Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

US influence in Europe

BlackArrow

Re: US influence in Europe

Post  BlackArrow on Fri May 23, 2014 11:11 pm

macedonian wrote:Thanks Intrigado for that detailed opinion.
    Seems many of us eastern Europeans are in a same mess (ruled by easily bought, spineless, corrupted politicians who bow to Brussels and bend-over for Washington, completely forgetting national interests). I read a comment yesterday by a Chinese guy who basically said: Europeans have no real sovereignty, they are governed by their elites, but the real ruler in almost all European countries is the American ambassador. It's very sad, but very true.

I guess that's why many here (yours truly included) can't wait for the 'Empire' to fall...oh that 'll be the day...

All European countries are ruled by the American ambassador? The stupidest thing I have read this week. It is also the most offensive one.
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca on Fri May 23, 2014 11:34 pm

BlackArrow wrote:
    Seems many of us eastern Europeans are in a same mess (ruled by easily bought, spineless, corrupted politicians who bow to Brussels and bend-over for Washington, completely forgetting national interests). I read a comment yesterday by a Chinese guy who basically said: Europeans have no real sovereignty, they are governed by their elites, but the real ruler in almost all European countries is the American ambassador. It's very sad, but very true.

I guess that's why many here (yours truly included) can't wait for the 'Empire' to fall...oh that 'll be the day...

All European countries are ruled by the American ambassador? The stupidest thing I have read this week. It is also the most offensive one.

So true! Most of them are so pathetic that it doesn't take an ambassador, the damn usher or the bloody telephonist are more than enough.
    macedonian

Post  macedonian on Fri May 23, 2014 11:51 pm

BlackArrow wrote:All European countries are ruled by the American ambassador? The stupidest thing I have read this week. It is also the most offensive one.
    You're right, Russia isn't. So technically not ALL.

Hannibal Barca wrote:So true! Most of them are so pathetic that it doesn't take an ambassador, the damn usher or the bloody telephonist are more than enough.

I LOL-ed. Because it's funny, but also true
    +1
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 on Sat May 24, 2014 12:53 am

macedonian wrote:
    BlackArrow wrote:All European countries are ruled by the American ambassador? The stupidest thing I have read this week. It is also the most offensive one.
    You're right, Russia isn't. So technically not ALL
    I disagree, according to many Russia isn't technically part of Europe, we had already discussed this in the past, so as far as i am concerned, All European countries are ruled by America.
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 on Sat May 24, 2014 7:47 am

how bout germany and france then? if the muricans have their way the germans and french would cancel all their deals with russia.
    A more accurate statement would be "all small/weak/irrelevant euro countries are under murica".

Intrigado

Post  Intrigado on Sat May 24, 2014 1:43 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:
    Intrigado wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:I have my interpretation but I am very much interested to hear from as many Romanians as possible before saying mine.

Well, I was hoping to be spared the humiliation but..... Embarassed Our hare-brained and spineless politicians are so pathetically grateful for America's decision to place this part of the ABM shield in Romania that this business is entirely an American one; if they decide to bring here missiles with nuclear capacity or whatever else would suit their needs, those idiots wouldn't do anything else but nod and smile. Now, of course, people endowed with a bit of sense aren't happy with this development and ask why would we need such defense system as we don't have anything to do with either Iran or North Korea, the rogue states against which it was said that is necessary to build this kind of shield. But these people are quickly silenced with a "Would you want to happen again as it did in 1940?". We have a kind of "besieged fortress" mentality and, whatever this shield means to the US, from our point of view, it means that the Americans have reasons to defend a land we cannot defend by ourselves, just as, if you allow me to say this, just as Hitler was interested to defend us because he was really defending his main source of oil. As, due to three centuries of long and ugly common history, Russia is pinpointed as the main source of danger to Romania, considering the story with the Republic of Moldova as well, many of my co-nationals and, of course, the government think that in case of something, the US would want to defend their precious shield, just as Nazi Germany guarded its precious petroleum with the utmost care. That's all.  Smile Only that, as I heard, the systems seem to be designed to be mobile; if things run amok, the US soldiers can simply load them in trucks or whatever and hit the road, leaving us mired in whatever sticky situation they brought upon our heads.  Shocked But that's not official, you can imagine.

As for the Joe Biden thing....people here were commenting that he must have come to find his other son a well-paid job, as the caring father he is.  Smile Officially, he was asked to pass on the request for a permanent American base in the port of Constanta and probably assured that the deals with Chevron keep running smoothly. Instead, he wiped the floor with us for being corrupted oligarchs, praised some judicial institutions that are keeping alive the holy NKVD tradition and assured us the US are going to comply with the provisions of Article 5 of the NATO Treaty. I never felt so ashamed in my life.

Thank you very much for the detailed insight!

You're welcome. That's the recipe for Uncle Sam' success in this part of the world: cleverly nourished paranoia.
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 on Sat May 24, 2014 2:40 pm

collegeboy16 wrote:how bout germany and france then? if the muricans have their way the germans and french would cancel all their deals with russia.
    A more accurate statement would be "all small/weak/irrelevant euro countries are under murica".
    In the case of Germany, from what i can see, there political elites are more than happy to follow Washington's orders, it's there business elites that are making this difficult.Rolling Eyes 

In the case of France, who isn't completely following Washington demands in the case with the Mistral and is trying to maintain the statuesque between UOMZ and Thales, nevertheless depending on how long this crisis lasts, it will only be a matter of time before they capitulate to Washington's demands. No

Intrigado

Post  Intrigado on Sat May 24, 2014 8:30 pm

I was under the impression that, apart from Poland, Romania, the Baltics, Moldova or Georgia who have their own historical anxieties and fears to bear, the rest of Europe should be far less sensitive to America's siren song. For example, the US wanted first to instal parts of the ABM shield in the Czech Republic but the Czechs rejected it. Moreover, most of Central and East European countries, not to mention the Western countries, have extensive trade with Russia and, as for many of them it's practically impossible to penetrate the EU market with their own products, the Russian or the ex-Soviet markets are very attractive. So why would they want to put themselves under the American jackboot? They cannot be so easily scared with the boogeyman from the East and I don't think US investments would compensate the loss of economic gains resulted from the trade with Russia.

macedonian

Post  macedonian on Sat May 24, 2014 9:32 pm

Intrigado wrote:I was under the impression that, apart from Poland, Romania, the Baltics, Moldova or Georgia who have their own historical anxieties and fears to bear, the rest of Europe should be far less sensitive to America's siren song. For example, the US wanted first to instal parts of the ABM shield in the Czech Republic but the Czechs rejected it. Moreover, most of Central and East European countries, not to mention the Western countries, have extensive trade with Russia and, as for many of them it's practically impossible to penetrate the EU market with their own products, the Russian or the ex-Soviet markets are very attractive. So why would they want to put themselves under the American jackboot? They cannot be so easily scared with the boogeyman from the East and I don't think US investments would compensate the loss of economic gains resulted from the trade with Russia.

Playing the "Divide Et Impera" game is what these people do for a living. And they are FAR from amateurs at it.
    Talking from personal experience here. I did some work (nothing major, but enough to get the idea) for some of the major US foundations and NGOs both here and abroad, and I'll tell you this: They REALLY know how to exploit every single difference between people! Not just the usual (ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation) but even the less obvious ones, and those that were dormant for centuries...I suspect they have a plethora of real experts ranging from Historians, Psychologists and Sociologists to Military/Intelligence analysts and field agents. Top that with locals that are easily bought for money/power/position (loads of those here) - and you get some sense of their capacity and capabilities. And they are VERY, VERY subtle! They plan one campaign after another, the former very contradictory to the next, yet they can make it sound as if it's not so. No wonder, since they have all the politicos and journalists in their pockets. That's how they make white seem black and vice versa.

And make no mistake: these people take the American people for a ride too, they are mere "plebs" to them. It's not like they're American patriots or something, they only use the idea to attract cannon fodder for their profit.
    mack8

Post  mack8 on Mon May 26, 2014 1:28 am

Intrigado wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:I have my interpretation but I am very much interested to hear from as many Romanians as possible before saying mine.

Well, I was hoping to be spared the humiliation but..... Embarassed Our hare-brained and spineless politicians are so pathetically grateful for America's decision to place this part of the ABM shield in Romania that this business is entirely an American one; if they decide to bring here missiles with nuclear capacity or whatever else would suit their needs, those idiots wouldn't do anything else but nod and smile. Now, of course, people endowed with a bit of sense aren't happy with this development and ask why would we need such defense system as we don't have anything to do with either Iran or North Korea, the rogue states against which it was said that is necessary to build this kind of shield. But these people are quickly silenced with a "Would you want to happen again as it did in 1940?". We have a kind of "besieged fortress" mentality and, whatever this shield means to the US, from our point of view, it means that the Americans have reasons to defend a land we cannot defend by ourselves, just as, if you allow me to say this, just as Hitler was interested to defend us because he was really defending his main source of oil. As, due to three centuries of long and ugly common history, Russia is pinpointed as the main source of danger to Romania, considering the story with the Republic of Moldova as well, many of my co-nationals and, of course, the government think that in case of something, the US would want to defend their precious shield, just as Nazi Germany guarded its precious petroleum with the utmost care. That's all.  Smile Only that, as I heard, the systems seem to be designed to be mobile; if things run amok, the US soldiers can simply load them in trucks or whatever and hit the road, leaving us mired in whatever sticky situation they brought upon our heads.  Shocked But that's not official, you can imagine.

As for the Joe Biden thing....people here were commenting that he must have come to find his other son a well-paid job, as the caring father he is.  Smile Officially, he was asked to pass on the request for a permanent American base in the port of Constanta and probably assured that the deals with Chevron keep running smoothly. Instead, he wiped the floor with us for being corrupted oligarchs, praised some judicial institutions that are keeping alive the holy NKVD tradition and assured us the US are going to comply with the provisions of Article 5 of the NATO Treaty. I never felt so ashamed in my life.

And you were jumping all over me when i was saying something not far from the gist what you just said, few weeks ago. Anyway, that's a good resume of the situation  our "lovely" country finds itself in nowadays (and a sad one too), thanks. Personally i'm now trying to avoid any romanian media/fora  as it only serves to fill me up with blood-boiling anger.

Intrigado

US influence in Europe

Post  Intrigado on Mon May 26, 2014 8:49 pm

mack8 wrote:
    Intrigado wrote:

And you were jumping all over me when i was saying something not far from the gist what you just said, few weeks ago. Anyway, that's a good resume of the situation  our "lovely" country finds itself in nowadays (and a sad one too), thanks. Personally i'm now trying to avoid any romanian media/fora  as it only serves to fill me up with blood-boiling anger.

Ah, Mack. What can I say today after just learning that the accursed bastards I intended to vote yesterday with the purpose of strengthening the ALDE group, for which I have a lot of sympathy, took my vote and gave them to the Populars whom I hate with all my heart? I'm left speechless. I cannot even find words to describe how I feel for those who spat me in my face. cry

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:29 am