Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Submarine Warfare: U.S. vs Russia

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Submarine Warfare: U.S. vs Russia - Page 8 Empty Re: Submarine Warfare: U.S. vs Russia

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:04 am

southpark wrote:so we can more than match Russia's maximum reach in numbers and tech but where we lack at the moment is having some decent policy setters that has balls to optimize and oversee our engagements like where to fight, why we fight and what we are achieving. To me that is the problem more than any wonder weapons that Russia may throw at the world. The thing is decent strategists work with in the envelop of mutual respect for opponents and weigh their options...

then you must truly enjoy all those necons where war is religion
    southpark

Submarine Warfare: U.S. vs Russia - Page 8 Empty Re: Submarine Warfare: U.S. vs Russia

Post  southpark on Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:14 am

On the contrary....I believe in strong economy with proportionate muscle deterrent. Wars are for under-evolved, smart ones find other means. I just stated it as it is....there have been many super powers before and there will be many to come. Who am I kidding, nothing lasts forever things or people. OT perhaps...sorry I a bit too excited to respond as this is my first day joining the forum...I will take my chill pills.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:22 am

southpark wrote:Papa, it is not a waste, how many instances do you have where a US carrier is sunk not considering WW2? It exists for reasons other than fighting the dooms day war....it serves its purpose and the debate goes on endlessly between good and bad goals that US achieves with it. You can not deny the reality....I am not denying that in a peer to peer war, it may come under threat but so does every other surface fleet. Think about like this....bullies can be taken out with one hit to their head but how many dare to take them on?

I am not saying it wouldn't be nice if they had CVN

Neither am I saying that they won't need or get some of them down the road

But at this point in time and immediate future they have way more important stuff to build and purchase so CVN can definitely wait because they simply don't need them now
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:34 am

A CVN is a war projection equipment. Russia needs a CVN simply to provide support to third nations we're they don't have a proper runway for Russian needs. So having a CVN is good in that account.

Traditional CVN's is something I do not see Russia investing in. If Vertical launch jets are what is being funded and developed, then chances are it will be pocket jump jet carriers, which are perfectly fine. Something we're they can have a squadron or two ready to fly jump jets on the coast of Venezuela or something is ideal. But as Papa said, they have higher priorities right now.
    southpark

Post  southpark on Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:56 am

Yeah, US has the economy to afford that many carriers for 60 years or more. With ups and downs it will be very hard for even decent economic powers to do that. Imagine if USD is not reserve currency you it will be 10 times more hard for us to afford that. I am sure Russia can afford it at the moment if they really want but as Papa said they are not there in terms of must have need to spend that money. For me economy is the most powerful weapon and American economy is pretty dynamic even with all that debt.
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door on Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:20 am

You people do realsie that the us government does not really care about its sailors quite as much as it does its own members who would most likely preffer to lose a carrier group than their entire country.

This in mind I find it most proposturous that you would believe that the sinking of a single carrier group would cause a nuclear war.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:54 am

The US benefits from being an international standard trade currency which allows it to print money and not suffer from inflation... when that changes america is going to have to start making things again....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:45 pm