Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Ukrainian Navy

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Ukrainian Navy - Page 4 Empty Re: Ukrainian Navy

Post  Rodion_Romanovic on Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:18 pm

AMCXXL wrote:
    Tsavo Lion wrote:Phantom pains: Ukraine recalls the glory of Nikolaev shipbuilding
    https://regnum.ru/news/polit/2674842.html

Shipbuilding in Nilkolayev:
    Up: Soviet Ukraine
    Down: The new and modern Ukraine
    Ukrainian Navy - Page 4 Lpzct3nVX-I

Thanks to the construction of the Nibulon terminal, owned by Alexei Vadatursky, the wall of the Black Sea Shipbuilding Plant was cut. ChSZ possessed the longest wall for the construction of large ships, several hundred meters long. The Vadatursky terminal for receiving grain was built exactly in the middle of this wall and in fact forever deprived the ChSZ of the opportunity to even start thinking about building ships. Perhaps the fact that Alexander Wadatursky was allowed to become one of the largest grain traders in the West was connected with the destruction of this wall, ”says Shesler.

Yeah, I read about it... what a waste... do you believe it would be eventually possible in the future to dismantle the grain terminal and "repair" the dry dock, or it would be more expensive than starting from scratches?

I tend to believe that they did that because they knew that about half Nikolaev population sees Russia with a positive eye and did not want that, in case of a reunification Russia could get a large shipyard, even if long neglected, for free (like it was the case for Zaliv shipyard in Kerch, Crimea)
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:09 pm

AMCXXL wrote:
    Tsavo Lion wrote:Phantom pains: Ukraine recalls the glory of Nikolaev shipbuilding
    https://regnum.ru/news/polit/2674842.html

Serves them right, the hater ingrates.

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:29 am

AMCXXL wrote:....

What is the ship in upper left?

One on the right is Kuznetzov?

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion on Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:19 am

L- the Varyag, now Liaoning (CV/CNS-16); R- the Adm K.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:23 am

Yeah, I read about it... what a waste... do you believe it would be eventually possible in the future to dismantle the grain terminal and "repair" the dry dock, or it would be more expensive than starting from scratches?

It is Ukraines problem now... maybe they could sell tickets to Americans to go and play paintball there... might as well use the place for something useful.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion on Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:00 pm

The Ukrainian fleet will receive American decommissioned warships, and the United States Navy will take care of the training of crews. The first four patrol boats for the coast guard have already been allocated to Ukraine, but their repair and delivery to the recipient were somewhat delayed. Negotiations are underway to provide Independent ships with a slightly larger tonnage than patrol boats. We are talking about corvettes, frigates, and even destroyers.
    http://nvo.ng.ru/nvoevents/2020-03-07/100_200307news6.html?print=Y
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic on Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:46 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:The Ukrainian fleet will receive American decommissioned warships, and the United States Navy will take care of the training of crews. The first four patrol boats for the coast guard have already been allocated to Ukraine, but their repair and delivery to the recipient were somewhat delayed. Negotiations are underway to provide Independent ships with a slightly larger tonnage than patrol boats. We are talking about corvettes, frigates, and even destroyers.
    http://nvo.ng.ru/nvoevents/2020-0307/100_200307news6.html?print=Y
    For being patrol boats they are not too bad..however i thought that they could at least build those in the ukraine... you know corvettes are already too complex, but patrol boats...and as far as destroyers you can just laugh.

By the way, i did not know that the US navy had corvettes... they have in reserve still several oliver perry class frigates, and while in my opinion not on par with the Krivak frigates they are not too bad, especially for the Ukrainian navy... beggars can't choose...

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:32 am

And how much will they cost the Ukraine to maintain and operate... nothing is free...
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion on Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:09 am

They'll sell/lease a lot of land soon, & Canada & others may help in defraying the costs. It'll be cheaper than sending their own ships to the Black Sea. But no matter what ships r transferred, in the next 15-20 years, if not sooner, they all will end up in scrapyards &/ captured by the VMF.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:08 pm