Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

miketheterrible

Re: Russian Civil Aviation: News #2

Post  miketheterrible on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:39 pm

KomissarBojanchev wrote:When will the PD-18 come out? Is it a midline between the PD-14 and massive PD-35, capable of powering large 2 engine widebodies?

When will russia make a a turbofan with a higher thrust and bypass ratio than its PW equivalent along with having composite fan blades? That could be a far better marketing point and a lot more buyers will flock to the Russian engines because they've "proven" themselves to make a PW/GE competitor thats better in every possible way.

I see your the type that ignores knowledge and goes marking full blast.

These are already heavily competitive to P&W. PD-14 exists for a reason. Hell, even PS-90 newest variant is competitive.
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:41 pm

Sad if correct.

Flightradar24
    ‏Verified account @flightradar24
    5m5 minutes ago

Saratov Airlines flight #6W703 from Moscow to Orsk is missing according to reports in media

Flightradar24
    ‏Verified account @flightradar24
    11m11 minutes ago

We are investigating media reports about an aircraft crash in Russia.

Guy Elster
    ‏Verified account @guyelster
    16m16 minutes ago

#BREAKING Russian plane with 71 people crashed in #Moscow region: reports
    auslander

Post  auslander on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:47 pm

It went down, no survivors. Pilot reported a 'technical' problem and was to attempt a return to Aerodrome, then the plane disappeared from radar. 71 casualties.
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Russia plane crash raises new questions about safety of Antonov jet

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-russia-crash-investigation-20180212-story.html

...One An-148 crashed during a training flight in Russia in March 2011, killing all six crew members on board. Investigators blamed pilot error....

Pilot error my ass, they probably dropped it on the pilot in order to keep ''joint'' useless political project running.

...In 2010, another An-148 operated by a Russian carrier suffered a major failure of its control system, but its crew managed to land safely.

In September, one engine of a Saratov Airlines An-148 shut down minutes after takeoff, but it landed safely. And in October, another An-148 that belonged to a different Russian carrier suffered an engine fire on takeoff but also managed to land. Engine shutdowns have occurred on several other occasions....

This thing is a flying coffin and disaster waiting to happen.

On top of everything it's existence probably hindered introduction of SSJ-100 in the earlier phases which would have saved lives.

ALSO:

First  L-410 delivered to civilian operator

https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/103847/

George1

Post  George1 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:45 pm

The second flight of the first prototype of the Ka-62 helicopter?

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3097287.html
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Looks like company that plans to order 100 SSJ-75s is S7 Airlines

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/3553922?from=hotnews

This is same company that bought SeaLaunch
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:24 pm

George1 wrote:The second flight of the first prototype of the Ka-62 helicopter?
    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3097287.html

Just about time, Rostech is badly missing small and medium helos for civilian markets. But I am afraid with French engine.

PapaDragon wrote:
    Looks like company that plans to order 100 SSJ-75s is S7 Airlines
    This is same company that bought SeaLaunch

You see working with ukrops makes you rich Smile
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:53 am

Remember that fully composite An-2 derivative called TVS2-DTS?

Well, it just got it's first order, Mongolian Hannu Air ordered​ 6 of them.

http://tass.ru/sibir-news/4990449

miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:16 am

Now thats interesting.

Can someone kind of explain to me the benefits of said plane? What roll it will fulfill?
    Militarov

Post  Militarov on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:35 am

miketheterrible wrote:Now thats interesting.

Can someone kind of explain to me the benefits of said plane?  What roll it will fulfill?

Its faster than original An-2, can fly up to max of 320km/h. Has longer range, can use additional fuel tanks, can take about 2,5 of cargo. Its lighter, made almost completely out of composites so its faster to be made too. And cost is quite low, they say in case of serial production might drop even under 1 million USD. Roles..well... anything. Its quite good for unprepared strips too, mostly for cargo transport for outposts, post transport... medevac, paratroopers entry training... roles are kinda endless.

Sad part is its using Honeywell TPE331-12UAN engine and Hartzell Propellers... Austrian gearbox...etc, etc. For now at least.
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:53 am

Militarov wrote:[.....

Sad part is its using Honeywell TPE331-12UAN engine and Hartzell Propellers... Austrian gearbox...etc, etc. For now at least.

True but new engines were never project end goal, priority was creating composite aircraft based off existing design which they nailed 100%

Fun part is what comes next: they are well into doing same with Yak-40, composite body and two engines instead of three like in original version

That one will be something, I posted differences​ between types several pages back and if they hit anywhere near those numbers, oh boy...
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:38 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Militarov wrote:[.....

True but new engines were never project end goal, priority was creating composite aircraft based off existing design which they nailed 100%

Fun part is what comes next: they are well into doing same with Yak-40, composite body and two engines instead of three like in original version

That one will be something, I posted differences​ between types several pages back and if they hit anywhere near those numbers, oh boy...

Went back a few pages, cant find it.

That would be awesome, fully composite Yak-40.
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:42 pm

miketheterrible wrote:.......

Here, page 19 actually, took me a while to find it, it's been longer than I remember:

http://www.russiadefence.net/t6295p450-russian-civil-aviation-news-2#191645

Under photo of SSJ
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:19 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:.......

Here, page 19 actually, took me a while to find it, it's been longer than I remember:

http://www.russiadefence.net/t6295p450-russian-civil-aviation-news-2#191645

Under photo of SSJ

Thanks. That's really something. If they can use something other than Honeywell, like a smaller PD engine or the engine used for SSJ, it could be perfect for small airliners for really near use. Full composite. Now that is something
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:59 am

The reality is that the original engine of the An-2 is a licence produced Wright engine anyway... if they want to replace all existing An-2s with this bird then it is well worth developing a custom designed engine for it, and perhaps a gearbox and props for its specific role/purpose...

From what I have read the reduction in weight and increase in power means its stall speed has gone from 48km/h to very very low... so in a 50km/h headwind it could fly backwards under full flight control...
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:22 am

Russia ends use of airplane An-148

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3128922.html

Hopefully this also applies to military and government.

One shitty relic of the past down, several more to go. Time to get some extra SSJ-100 orders. thumbsup
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:28 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Putin right after elections lol1 lol1 lol1
    kvs

Post  kvs on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:13 am

PapaDragon wrote:

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3128922.html

Hopefully this also applies to military and government.

One shitty relic of the past down, several more to go. Time to get some extra SSJ-100 orders. thumbsup

Indeed, time to flush the "brotherhood of the peoples" delusion down the toilet once and for all. Ukrs consider cooperation with
    Russians a situation where Ukrs screw over the Russians and clean out their wallet. I would not trust a single Ukr product whatsoever.
    The raison d'etre of the typical Ukr "biznizman" is to engage in corruption and thievery. Import substitution of Ukrainian engines and
    other components is an essential task that is thankfully being completed quickly.

The 2014 crisis has very complex roots. One of them is the resentment by Ukrs that Russia got its sh*t together under Putin.
    I see my Ukr relatives projecting hate fantasy onto Russia and pathetically trying to make Ukraine like its is better off and it makes
    me sick.
    kvs

Post  kvs on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:16 am

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Putin right after elections lol1 lol1 lol1

I hope it is in fact a new hard line. No more coddling of NATO and fellow traveler haters. Russia needs to sort out
    the natural gas situation with EU-rope. A collection of whinging ingrates who expect Russia to ship gas through Banderastan
    and get blackmailed for both transit fees and outright gas siphoning (as has been the case since the 1990s). The bitching
    about Gazprom and Putin using some gas weapon is getting very tiresome. These clowns need to be taught a lesson.
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:42 am

kvs wrote:

I hope it is in fact a new hard line.   No more coddling of NATO and fellow traveler haters.   Russia needs to sort out
    the natural gas situation with EU-rope.   A collection of whinging ingrates who expect Russia to ship gas through Banderastan
    and get blackmailed for both transit fees and outright gas siphoning (as has been the case since the 1990s).   The bitching
    about Gazprom and Putin using some gas weapon is getting very tiresome.   These clowns need to be taught a lesson.

"Politics is art of possible". With 404 I think he waited for the right moment and decision was taken long time ago. Look for correlation between 1st March speech and Gazprom stopping the contract. But there is enormous pressure for Germans (from both USA && Sorosz like"internationalists" to keep banderlogs alive. Of course on Russia expense) and Russia also needs money for its economy.

Asia is one of choices but pmce they see Russia has less choices they will press for pries down. I hope Russia manages to get to Germany despite US pressure.
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:04 am

I agree that it is time to start pruning the Russian skies of obsolete Soviet aircraft especially with An in their title, but I would not include the new An-2 in this...

The An-2 entered service in about 1947 and has been widely used in some very backwater places ever since.

Its very simple design and strong construction and the enormous lift it gets from those two big wings means it can fly to places few other aircraft can get to and operate pretty much with little or no support on the ground.

People look at it and are not impressed because it has two wings and a propeller like a WWI biplane, but only in the same way you could look at an Armata tank and think that would not be very fast around a race track... I would race Jeremy Clarkson around any open track where you never have any terrain or features to hide behind... he can drive any vehicle he likes and I will take the T-15 with the stabilised 30mm cannon and 7.62mm coaxial MG...

Regarding the new upgraded AN-2 there was nothing wrong with the design and there currently isn't anything wrong with the design... but the new composite upgrade improves performance, probably makes it stronger with less drag, and will likely make it even cheaper to operate and further improve its ability to fly into tricky places... I personally would love a version with float/skis for landing on water and/or ice/snow...

They are developing a range of new engines at the moment but it would probably be hard to justify producing a full range of all the types they might want until they know there is a market.

With the An-2 they have had several attempts to replace it with more modern aircraft and each has failed miserably... it is not that the improved aircraft are junk, but the An-2 is a very capable and simple easy to operate aircraft... and for that reason it might never be completely replaced... it is like having a go anywhere vehicle like a land rover or something... it might not be 100% reliable all the time but it is easy enough to fix with simple tools to get it going again relatively cheaply. A new replacement might cost 20 times what an old second hand land rover would cost, plus the new parts might be expensive... it might be hard to get new panels and components, and the new electronics can't be fixed in the field by guys who work with tractors and not computers...

I hope they have done their home work and perhaps designed the electronics so that fault finding can be done by the owner with a basic laptop and software supplied by the manufacturer and modules can be replaced if faulty or broken...

We shall see.
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:37 am

GarryB wrote:I agree that it is time to start pruning the Russian skies of obsolete Soviet aircraft especially with An in their title, but I would not include the new An-2 in this..............

There is no An-2 anymore, new aircraft is called TVS2-DTS  russia

(Needs a nickname though...)

ALSO:

SSJ-100 flight tests in the Arctic:

https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/105201/

GarryB

Post  GarryB on Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:12 am

There is no An-2 anymore, new aircraft is called TVS2-DTS

The TVS2-DTS is by definition the new An-2... that there are likely thousands still in use around Russia... eventually they will need replacement... if they develop all Russian parts for it perhaps they could subsidise purchases of the new models to make it less painful to upgrade...
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:58 pm

Second MS-21 assembled

https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/

Austin

Post  Austin on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:30 am

85 billion bet on the wing

A new version of the Superjet is needed by the military, security forces and S7

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/3584890

As Kommersant learned, President Vladimir Putin supported the idea of ​​the Ministry of Industry and Trade to develop a new version of the SSJ100, agreeing with the allocation of about 85 billion rubles to the project. The new aircraft assumes fewer seats and maximum rejection of imported components, including a possible replacement of the engine. Ten boards are ready to take a special flight detachment (SLO) "Russia", carrying out transportation of the first persons of the state, and the first civil order for 75 aircraft can accommodate S7. The aircraft is also interesting to the Ministry of Defense, which needs replacing the outdated Tu-134 fleet. The new project finally closes the project of Tu-334, which was promoted by the authorities of Tatarstan.

The fact that Vladimir Putin agreed to allocate 85 billion rubles. to the new version of the SSJ100, sources in the aviation industry told Kommersant and confirmed the interlocutors in the apparatus of the government and presidential administration. According to them, the president imposed a positive resolution on the letter MD-12748/18, sent on March 1 by the head of the Ministry of Industry and Industry and chairman of the board of directors of the United Aircraft Corporation Denis Manturov. Get a comment in the Kremlin failed, in the Ministry of Industry and in the office of Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, who oversees the aviation industry, they refused to discuss the project.

As the two top managers of aviation enterprises told, the idea of ​​creating a reduced SSJ100 appeared in the context of disputes over the fate of the Tu-334 project, which was developed from the late 1980s, but did not reach serial production. According to "Kommersant", initially the willingness to purchase Tu-334 was expressed by the "Russia" SLA. It was believed there would be no technical problems for the Kazan aircraft plant (KAZ): the Tu-334 fuselage has a similar cross-section with other Tupolev aircraft, the cabins are interfaced, and with the Tu-204 it is unified by accessories (by about 60%). The project was also supported by the authorities of Tatarstan, who "are extremely anxious" to load capacities of their enterprises, one of the interlocutors of Kommersant says.

It was even attempted to show Vladimir Putin, who visited KAZ on January 25, the last of the canned boards. But the presidential protocol decided that he would not be pleased with what he saw, and paved the route to bypass this point. "The local people were extremely annoyed, although they did not show that it was right," Kommersant's senior interlocutor in the Kremlin said: the next day, KAZ received the largest order for ten Tu-160M2 strategic bombers as a whole for 160 billion rubles. and "asking the president for something else was just not right."

In addition, the Tu-334 has a "huge minus", adds a source of "b" in the aircraft industry, the engines D-436 Ukrainian "Motor Sich". They could be replaced only with equipment from the US or Canada (which is almost impossible under sanctions, and the Russian special services opposed) or create a Russian equivalent for tens of billions of rubles. Taking into account the limited demand for aircraft, it is impossible to recoup such a project, Kommersant's source underlines. In addition, he clarifies, the government did not want to create a direct competitor to the SSJ100. The Tu-334 is focused on satisfying the requests of security agencies and the SLO, therefore "no return of investments is visible", agrees the executive director of the "Airport" Oleg Panteleyev. In addition, the White House considered it "strange" to promote even proven, but old Tupolev achievements in the background of the draft of the new MS-21.

Yury Slyusar, President of the United Aircraft Corporation, in an interview with Kommersant on July 18, 2017Yury Slyusar, President of the United Aircraft Corporation, in an interview with Kommersant on July 18, 2017
    According to SSJ 100, we need to reach the production level of 30-40 aircraft a year. But we will not scale this project to large volumes

At the same time, there is a need to update the Yak-40 and Tu-134 fleets near the SLO (currently two such vehicles are used) and the military (36 obsolete Tu-134A and Tu-134A-3). Moreover, neither the SLO nor the Defense Ministry can buy the SSJ100 in the standard configuration due to a large number of imported components and difficulties with after-sales service.

Therefore, the aircraft manufacturers proposed another option: to reduce the SSJ100 to 75 seats, to replace the foreign products as much as possible (in the Sukhoi Civil Aircraft (GSS) that produce the aircraft, they say that the share of Russian components "will increase many-fold"), and also make changes to the wing , a fuselage, an onboard complex of avionics.

There is also the question of the aircraft's remotorization: according to Kommersant's information, instead of the SaM146 engine produced by the Russian "ODK-Saturn" and the French Safran Aircraft Engines, it may be a new PD-10 (9 tons thrust). At first Sam146 will be put on these planes, one of the interlocutors of Kommersant explains, but provided that Russian representatives will track the process of assembling the hot part of the engine in France. The JCC was assured that they have "a reserve both for the creation of a new power plant and for the modernization of the existing one."

According to Kommersant's information, SL is ready to order ten reduced SSJ100 (six in the "salon" version and four with a special onboard communication center) for 35 billion rubles. The possibility of ordering about 30 cars is considered by the Defense Ministry. The GCC also counts on private orders: according to company estimates, the need of the Russian market in the SSJ100 for 75 seats with a range of 1.5-2.5 thousand km can reach 200-300 aircraft, the foreign one - 3 thousand units. The names of potential customers were not disclosed there, but two sources of Kommersant on the air market say that the negotiations on 75 planes are conducted by the co-owner of S7 Vladislav Filev. In S7, Kommersant confirmed interest in the new SSJ100, saying that the airline is "actively working on a technical assignment". The possible volume of the order there is not specified. Now the S7 is developing a program of interregional flights on Embraer 170 for 78 seats.

The GSS specified that the new version of the SSJ100 could enter the market at the end of 2022 - early 2023, but a number of Kommersant sources in the aviation industry consider the timing too optimistic. In their estimation, the development of documentation and the construction of several prototypes will take at least eight years.

What prospects for the operation of Sea Launch depicted Vladislav Filev
    What prospects for the operation of Sea Launch depicted Vladislav Filev
    The project has a big stake: it should create a new segment of the market and expand the range of GSS aircraft, but a powerful initial order for about 100 planes is needed, the source of Kommersant in the government apparatus says, adding that "if S7 helps, there will not be any futures" .

One of the directions of "return" for the group can be projects in the space sphere. Vladislav Filev bought for $ 167 million from Energia corporation the Sea Launch launching platform in the Pacific Ocean, which uses Ukrainian Zenit rockets with the Russian RD-171 engine. In the conditions of a severe conflict between Moscow and Kiev, it is impossible to count on the continuation of production cooperation. But Mr. Fillev was allowed to organize a scheme: as a private person, he signed a contract for 12 "Zenit", the final assembly of which with the consent of the Government of the Russian Federation will be made using Russian components in the US. Thus, the businessman will be able to start active operation of Sea Launch within the next two years, fulfilling the promise given back in 2016: "In aviation I can not be the first, there is already Aeroflot, but in space I will."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:22 pm