Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Share

    Kimppis
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 177
    Points : 183
    Join date : 2014-12-23
    Location : Finland

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  Kimppis on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:11 pm

    Khepesh wrote:
    Kimppis wrote:
    Dforce wrote:

    Sorry, you are missing the point here. It does not matter what Finns think (not that I think you are represtative of the regular Fin) but what the regular Russian think; that is the goal of the USUK propaganda about the bomb.

    I'm not sure that I understood you, but I wasn't talking about the western "propaganda's" target audience (at least that wasn't my point/intention). It's blatantly double standardistic (that's probably not a word) all the same. Although I think that I agree with you for the most part. And Finns don't matter, that's for sure. Smile  
    I think he is saying you are not a "regular" Finn based on about three Finns on the old MP net and on another forum for "sofas" who are foaming at the mouth Russophobe loonies and he thinks all Finns are like that, or should be like that. Willful malicious ignorance from what I suspect is part of the UPA/OUN diaspora in UK.

    Finnish "military enthusiasts" are certainly quite russophobic on average, even more so after the Ukrainian crisis. I guess those events somehow proved their "fears" about Russia and of course those kind people want to actually "fantasize" and speculate about Finnish-Russian conflict. And their basic narrative is that Putin is another Russian imperialist warmongering dictator who is planning to recreate the Soviet Union/Russian Empire.

    The biggest Finnish military forum has also gotten really Russophobic, same with the military magazine (although I think it's unofficial). The difference is actually huge compared to only a few years ago, when I was doing my military service. Of course that was totally inevitable, but still a massive change in such a short time. Not that difference from the rest of the west, but some differences: mandatory military service (and almost all males actually finish it), no NATO membership (well, not officially) and the history (the narrative: holy war, Finland "won", USSR failed to annex Finland, so they are going to try it again, sooner or later).

    Are "we" as "bad" as the Balts or Poles? Probably not, but I'm not so sure anymore.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:53 pm

    [quote="Morpheus Eberhardt"]
    Werewolf wrote:

    Well said, Werewolf.

    An important point is that all of these terms, e.g., ISIS, Al-Qaeda , bla bla bla, do not correspond to entities existing as "identifiable" groups and organizations. They are newspeak terms that represent the same single "phenomenon" to the prole that are engineered to be suitably gullible to believe in the existence of these putative entities as separate organization. The "phenomenon" that this terminology represents can, of course, be mapped to the "terror warfare" that is currently used by ...

    Exactly.

    GarryB wrote:Further evidence if any was needed that the west has no interest in friendship or cooperation with a strong Russia.

    Russia therefore has to decide if it wants to be a bitch for the west or make its own decisions.

    Perhaps they should do what the west does and actively support terrorist organisations against its enemies and bomb them when they act against Russia.

    So basically supply explosives and information to ISIS when it murders French comedians, and then bomb ISIS in friendly (to russia) countries like Iran, Iraq, and Syria.

    I am sure the west would ignore the duplicity the same way it expects Russia to ignore western double standards... airbuses with Iranian civilians and Russian civilians simply don't matter to the west... why should russia care about 11/9... etc.

    The funny thing is that there was potential for cooperation on the so called war on terror, but clearly the west only wants specific terror groups to be targeted.. they clearly don't want a stable peaceful society in Syria... they want another war torn Libya... it is easier to steal resources from an anarchic shithole...

    Lets face it... the vast majority of the effective components of ISIS are just the Sunni components of the former Iraqi army... saddams men...

    I am pretty sure you are more intelligent than that and understand the long term blow backs that will outweight anything gained beforehand.

    Russia nor any other country that actually seeks for stable, prosperous or becoming such a country, should seek such methods. The US is hated because exactly of that. Russia is already doing good job by just destroying the Wests Propaganda by just using RT and showing the western sheeps that their government are dictatorships that are doing the exact opposite of what they preech and that they are most violent country on this planet. There needs only to be one further step to direct that very same propaganda destruction to germany.

    RT deutsch isn't really big and as soon as germany gets out of the US influence and becomes even a pseudo-souvereign country that will be the biggest blow back to US and its projects like the EU dictatorship. There is not a single country that benefits from EU membership besides oligarchs, private companies and most private banks that are constantly saved from their own missmanagement. All citizens even in the most propagated "prosperous" country germany everyone gets lower payments, each year housing becomes more expensive, heating bills rise, electricity, food, public transportation today is already something most are not willing to pay, it is more expensive then driving a car but cars aren't that cheap either so many risk to drive without a ticket and risk 60 Euro fine.

    Karl Haushofer
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 635
    Points : 634
    Join date : 2015-05-03

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  Karl Haushofer on Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:47 pm

    Kimppis wrote:

    The biggest Finnish military forum has also gotten really Russophobic
    Indeed. I registered to maanpuolustus.net and got banned after only a few post, for supporting Novorossiya in the Ukrainian civil war.

    BKP
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 268
    Points : 277
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  BKP on Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:50 pm

    Dforce wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:
    Dforce wrote:
    Sure it does, any day now the rebels will collapse! russia russia russia

    Always knew you were a little pathetic insecure excuse of a human being and this basically confirms it. As soon as Russia decides to up the game against ISIS and its proxies it wouldn't surprise me if you feel bad for them.

    Sorry, no, you are wrong, I do not feel that much for Russia.

    See, that's total horseshit. You are heavily emotionally involved in Russia. Simply stated, you hate it. If you just admitted it, I would respect you on some level. But, I realize you're a sneaky f*ck, and that's not going to happen. lol1

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:51 pm

    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Kimppis wrote:

    The biggest Finnish military forum has also gotten really Russophobic
    Indeed. I registered to maanpuolustus.net and got banned after only a few post, for supporting Novorossiya in the Ukrainian civil war.

    It seems your government and various people in higher positions are always pushing the anti Russian sentiment and NATO agenda. But it seems the Finnish people have a different opinion. Not everyone of course but seems that not all Finns are brainwashed.

    BKP
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 268
    Points : 277
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  BKP on Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:21 pm

    Kimppis wrote:Man, you gotta love the double standards

    Russia conducts military operations in the Middle East -> Terorist attack against Russia -> "Hahaha, we told you that you are going to pay for your 'military adventures', Putin!"

    US conducts military operations in the Middle East -> Terrorist attack against the US -> "You fucking towel heads!!! We are going to kill you all! 'Murica fuck yeah!!! Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists!"

    And then we have these theories: "Putin said that there will be no losses/we are protecting the Russian people -> So right now the Kremlin is trying to hide what really happened." Yeah, let's get ahead of ourselves. The investigation is not even over yet and they are stilling planning how to respond.

    And these articles that are actually defending Charlie Hebdo: "Russians have no right to be outraged! This just shows how evil Russian and its regime is! This is all about free speech and freedum. Take that, Putin!"  

    Yep. this is one of the main propaganda strategies they're going with. But, they're also applying it to Russia's Syria campaign as a whole. Russia is always depicted as hiding some truth, which the courageous western MSM is dutifully uncovering. Even after Putin flatly and publicly stated to Charlie Rose that "yes, it's true; we are supporting the legitimate state authority in Syria," the western MSM keeps acting like they're revealing some great, monstrous lie regarding Russia's "true motive" to prop-up Assad and the Syrian government. However, in the internet age, all of this is flimsy as shit. Anyone paying even a little bit of attention can see through it.

    Also, I think that the other propaganda vector, regarding A321, and the hope that it will produce a popular backlash within Russia will be sorely disappointed. The west's open gloating alone ensures that. The west used to do propaganda better than this. This is coming across as particularly ham-fisted. But, as in many things, they are slipping.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:38 pm

    BKP wrote:
    Kimppis wrote:Man, you gotta love the double standards

    Russia conducts military operations in the Middle East -> Terorist attack against Russia -> "Hahaha, we told you that you are going to pay for your 'military adventures', Putin!"

    US conducts military operations in the Middle East -> Terrorist attack against the US -> "You fucking towel heads!!! We are going to kill you all! 'Murica fuck yeah!!! Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists!"

    And then we have these theories: "Putin said that there will be no losses/we are protecting the Russian people -> So right now the Kremlin is trying to hide what really happened." Yeah, let's get ahead of ourselves. The investigation is not even over yet and they are stilling planning how to respond.

    And these articles that are actually defending Charlie Hebdo: "Russians have no right to be outraged! This just shows how evil Russian and its regime is! This is all about free speech and freedum. Take that, Putin!"  

    Yep. this is one of the main propaganda strategies they're going with. But, they're also applying it to Russia's Syria campaign as a whole. Russia is always depicted as hiding some truth, which the courageous western MSM is dutifully uncovering. Even after Putin flatly and publicly stated to Charlie Rose that "yes, it's true; we are supporting the legitimate state authority in Syria," the western MSM keeps acting like they're revealing some great, monstrous lie regarding Russia's "true motive" to prop-up Assad and the Syrian government. However, in the internet age, all of this is flimsy as shit. Anyone paying even a little bit of attention can see through it.

    Also, I think that the other propaganda vector, regarding A321, and the hope that it will produce a popular backlash within Russia will be sorely disappointed. The west's open gloating alone ensures that. The west used to do propaganda better than this. This is coming across as particularly ham-fisted. But, as in many things, they are slipping.

    Of course there wont be backlash. Already, even after the crash, Putin's popularity increased. And this is with the whole bombing campaign in Syria. All it will do with the plane, if found to be an act of terrorism (which is still under investigation), will just prompt the Russian people to keep bombing the hell out of the terrorists. As one person on this forums already stated in the other thread regarding Russias participation in Syria, the selling of the campaign wasnt "to prevent terrorism happening at home" or "That it will prevent killing of innocent people" but as "Better to fight them over in Syria instead of fighting them here at home". So it is the idea that they are in Syria bombing them to get rid of them, or at least most of them, before they make their attempts in the N.Caucuses and having to deal with a whole lot of them. (they seem to have no problem getting through Georgia on their way to Chechnya, Daegestan and Ignushetia. Gee, I wonder why Mad )

    Karl Haushofer
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 635
    Points : 634
    Join date : 2015-05-03

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  Karl Haushofer on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:07 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Kimppis wrote:

    The biggest Finnish military forum has also gotten really Russophobic
    Indeed. I registered to maanpuolustus.net and got banned after only a few post, for supporting Novorossiya in the Ukrainian civil war.

    It seems your government and various people in higher positions are always pushing the anti Russian sentiment and NATO agenda.  But it seems the Finnish people have a different opinion.  Not everyone of course but seems that not all Finns are brainwashed.
    Only a minority, and a small minority that is.

    Finland never was and never will be a pro-Russian country. I'd say our government is actually less anti-Russian than the Finnish people. In that regard Finland is the opposite of the Anglo-Saxon countries. I never thought that general American and British people hate the Russians or Russia, but their governments are Russia's mortal enemies. Whereas in Finland our government always tries to keep at least somewhat pragmatic relations with Russia, but the anti-Russian segment among common populace is very deep.

    Those Finns who openly support Russia here can get into some trouble.


    Last edited by Karl Haushofer on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2513
    Points : 2646
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  kvs on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:15 pm

    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Kimppis wrote:

    The biggest Finnish military forum has also gotten really Russophobic
    Indeed. I registered to maanpuolustus.net and got banned after only a few post, for supporting Novorossiya in the Ukrainian civil war.

    It seems your government and various people in higher positions are always pushing the anti Russian sentiment and NATO agenda.  But it seems the Finnish people have a different opinion.  Not everyone of course but seems that not all Finns are brainwashed.
    Only a minority, and a small minority that is.

    Finland never was and never will be a pro-Russian country. I'd say our government is actually less anti-Russian than the Finnish people. In that regard Finland is the opposite of the Anglo-Saxon countries. I never thought that general American and British people hate the Russians or Russia, but their governments are Russia's mortal enemies. Whereas in Finland our government always tries to keep at least somewhat pragmatic relations with Russia, but the anti-Russian segment among common populace is very deep.

    Those Finns who openly support Russia here can be into some trouble here.

    Peculiar people you Finns.  You were sodomized nicely by Sweden but you have affection for it.   But I can't find what happened
    in the last several centuries that would produce such hate for Russia.   My conclusion is that this is due to the 1930s Nazi alignment of Finland and
    its winter war with the USSR.   You have the perverse victimhood complex exhibited by the Baltic chihuahuas.

    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1955
    Points : 1962
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  Regular on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:28 am

    Well to be honest, Russians have similar victimhood. Boo hoo we got rid of fascits, we built the factories, roads, houses and now everyone hates us. Post Soviet butthurt is strong. I personally can't stand shit like that, it's enough to look in the past.
    BTW Fins still hold grudge towards Swedes, especially the older ones. It must be something to do with Swedes being unfair rulers of their country at one point, but don't remember exactly, cause I was too drunk when finish guy was telling this story Very Happy

    Kimppis
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 177
    Points : 183
    Join date : 2014-12-23
    Location : Finland

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  Kimppis on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:51 am

    kvs wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Kimppis wrote:

    The biggest Finnish military forum has also gotten really Russophobic
    Indeed. I registered to maanpuolustus.net and got banned after only a few post, for supporting Novorossiya in the Ukrainian civil war.

    It seems your government and various people in higher positions are always pushing the anti Russian sentiment and NATO agenda.  But it seems the Finnish people have a different opinion.  Not everyone of course but seems that not all Finns are brainwashed.
    Only a minority, and a small minority that is.

    Finland never was and never will be a pro-Russian country. I'd say our government is actually less anti-Russian than the Finnish people. In that regard Finland is the opposite of the Anglo-Saxon countries. I never thought that general American and British people hate the Russians or Russia, but their governments are Russia's mortal enemies. Whereas in Finland our government always tries to keep at least somewhat pragmatic relations with Russia, but the anti-Russian segment among common populace is very deep.

    Those Finns who openly support Russia here can be into some trouble here.

    Peculiar people you Finns.  You were sodomized nicely by Sweden but you have affection for it.   But I can't find what happened
    in the last several centuries that would produce such hate for Russia.   My conclusion is that this is due to the 1930s Nazi alignment of Finland and
    its winter war with the USSR.   You have the perverse victimhood complex exhibited by the Baltic chihuahuas.

    I stopped reading maanpuolustus.net soon after Ukraine. Haushofer, what exactly did you post there? How easy it is to get banned? Their "Russia news" thread was absolutely hilarious, that was the last I remember reading.

    Yeah, Finnish-Russian relations are actually not that bad. But at the same time Finnish politicians are very pro-western. I think that most Anglo-Saxon people don't actually know anything about Russia (Finns are not much better, though), so you can basically tell them anything about Russia and they'll believe it. The Russian soft-power is just too miminal.

    Finland wasn't actually "sodomized" by Sweden. That is anachronistic thinking. And yes, many Finns believe that, because of nationalism and because they don't know anything about history. "Finland" didn't exist, so it could not be sodomized either. Nationalism and nation states were invented later. "Finland" was an integral part of Sweden. The affection exists because our countries are in many ways very similar. It's the common history: common religion (even though "Scandinavians" are not religious at all anymore), the nordic welfare state model, similar institutions, similar standard of living and Swedish speaking minority is still quite influencial. It's historical irony that the autonomy under the Russian empire (after 1809) actually created and made a country called "Finland" possible by keeping the Swedish traditions intact, but at the same time separete from Sweden. Otherwise Finland would've likely been "Swedized" during the 1800s.

    It's all about history and culture. Finland is more "western" than it's "Eastern European", but it has always been bordering Russia. Finland was under Russian rule before the independence and after that the USSR invaded Finland during WW2. The invasion in 1939 was honestly pretty blatant, but it can be argued that Finland was really inflexible during the negotiations and they didn't take the security of Leningrad in the account, vs. Germany. IMO, those Soviet concerns were legitimate, but it seems they were planning to annex Finland anyway.

    The "Nazi alignment" was actually not particularly severe until 1940. Far-right parties were not popular and that didn't even change during the alliance with Germany. Tbh, they didn't have much of a choice in 1940-41, but of course Finland also tried to create "Greater Finland" during the German invasion of the USSR. Regarding the alliance with Germany, the "Finland and Germany were not allied, they were 'co-belligerents'" narrative is actually widely believed amongst Finns, which of course is total BS, even though Finland didn't do everything Germany asked. Not to mention that German troops and supplies were absolutely necessary.

    Khepesh
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1627
    Points : 1696
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  Khepesh on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:13 am

    So, it only remains for an official announcment by Putin, but the obvious bomb was obvious, and the obvious perpetrator is Washington. Cui bono, $ etc etc....

    "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

    I have never seen that as a "joke", but as what Reagan really wanted and what Washington still wants.

    jhelb
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 418
    Points : 482
    Join date : 2015-04-04
    Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  jhelb on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:32 pm

    I am not sure what we are arguing here. British Intelligence placed the bomb in A321.

    There is a very simple albeit sinister reason behind this - to influence public opinion in Russia.

    The US & UK wants Russia out of Syria so that ISIS can take over that country. By killing 200+ Russians they are letting the Russian public know that they will have to keep on paying a heavy price because of the fault of their government.

    Sputnik too has something on similar lines.

    http://sputniknews.com/columnists/20151106/1029694767/sinai-isil-russia-a321-crash.html

    BKP
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 268
    Points : 277
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  BKP on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:39 pm

    Kimppis wrote:IMO, those Soviet concerns were legitimate, but it seems they were planning to annex Finland anyway.

    Is there something more to this than an article of faith among Finns? It is oft-stated, but no one I have ever asked has been able to produce a reference to witnessed statements from the leadership of the USSR regarding an intent to annex Finland, planning documents relating to such, or anything else. The Soviet GPW archives had been open to investigation by researchers of history for many years, maybe they still are. So, one could reasonably expect that there would be relevant documents to substantiate this belief.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:15 pm

    jhelb wrote:I am not sure what we are arguing here. British Intelligence placed the bomb in A321.

    There is a very simple albeit sinister reason behind this - to influence public opinion in Russia.

    The US & UK wants Russia out of Syria so that ISIS can take over that country. By killing 200+ Russians they are letting the Russian public know that they will have to keep on paying a heavy price because of the fault of their government.

    Sputnik too has something on similar lines.

    http://sputniknews.com/columnists/20151106/1029694767/sinai-isil-russia-a321-crash.html

    Then Russia would go to war with England as it would be an act of war if there is sufficient evidence. Or reciprocate by using terrorism in England as there are plenty Russians there to cause havok.

    jhelb
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 418
    Points : 482
    Join date : 2015-04-04
    Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  jhelb on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:44 pm

    sepheronx wrote:Then Russia would go to war with England as it would be an act of war if there is sufficient evidence.  Or reciprocate by using terrorism in England as there are plenty Russians there to cause havok.

    Nope. The Soviet Union would have done that, Russia wouldn't. Western Intelligence have a habit of bombing non Western civilian airlines. Check the records.


    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:51 pm

    So you have evidence that this was definately a bomb and it was planted by Mi6?

    Better go tell the investigators of your evidence to save money and time.

    jhelb
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 418
    Points : 482
    Join date : 2015-04-04
    Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  jhelb on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:17 pm

    sepheronx wrote:Better go tell the investigators of your evidence to save money and time.

    And why would you think that the investigators don't know that already? Also who are the investigators - US & UK officials.

    Rodinazombie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 582
    Points : 616
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  Rodinazombie on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:43 pm

    sepheronx wrote:So you have evidence that this was definately a bomb and it was planted by Mi6?

    Better go tell the investigators of your evidence to save money and time.

    Dont go there, i have already had this argument, its a waste of time. If you arent ready to accept that the west (cia/mi6) did it without a shred of evidence then you are a brainwashed troll apparently.

    Kimppis
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 177
    Points : 183
    Join date : 2014-12-23
    Location : Finland

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  Kimppis on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:09 pm

    BKP wrote:
    Kimppis wrote:IMO, those Soviet concerns were legitimate, but it seems they were planning to annex Finland anyway.

    Is there something more to this than an article of faith among Finns? It is oft-stated, but no one I have ever asked has been able to produce a reference to witnessed statements from the leadership of the USSR regarding an intent to annex Finland, planning documents relating to such, or anything else. The Soviet GPW archives had been open to investigation by researchers of history for many years, maybe they still are. So, one could reasonably expect that there would be relevant documents to substantiate this belief.  

    There are probably many things, but one that comes to mind right now is the so-called "Terijoki government" (surprisingly there's no English wiki article), which was a communist puppet regime that was created after the war started and it was supposed to lead communist Finland after the war. The Soviet annexed the Baltic states, so I see no reason why Finland would've been different. Atleast they planned to turn Finland into a communist puppet state and their casus belli was to help "oppressed Finnish workers against the evil government". Also, it seems pretty clear that their military plan was to occupy the whole of Finland and they expected that happen quickly.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:59 pm

    jhelb wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Better go tell the investigators of your evidence to save money and time.

    And why would you think that the investigators don't know that already? Also who are the investigators - US & UK officials.

    The investigators are Russian and are in Egypt.

    OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 803
    Points : 822
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 21
    Location : Nelson, New Zealand

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  OminousSpudd on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:30 pm

    And? What would be the next logical step for Russia if a bomb was planted by Western Intelligence? As someone pointed out in the Sputnik comments, we know that ISIS is an American creation (or simply the next evolutionary step in Mid-East controlled extremism), so if ISIS planted a bomb on the airliner does that mean by extension America did? How much is Russia willing to read into this, and where does it end?

    Retaliatory terrorist attacks would be completely and utterly out of the question, don't talk such loony nonsense. Fighting terror with terror is about as stupid as it gets.

    Godric
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 391
    Points : 405
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  Godric on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:44 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    jhelb wrote:I am not sure what we are arguing here. British Intelligence placed the bomb in A321.

    There is a very simple albeit sinister reason behind this - to influence public opinion in Russia.

    The US & UK wants Russia out of Syria so that ISIS can take over that country. By killing 200+ Russians they are letting the Russian public know that they will have to keep on paying a heavy price because of the fault of their government.

    Sputnik too has something on similar lines.

    http://sputniknews.com/columnists/20151106/1029694767/sinai-isil-russia-a321-crash.html

    Then Russia would go to war with England as it would be an act of war if there is sufficient evidence.  Or reciprocate by using terrorism in England as there are plenty Russians there to cause havok.

    if MI6 was involved in anyway it done so under American orders as Westminster and GCHQ answers to Washington.... you can do what you want with England but leave us (Scotland) out of it .. the downing of the Metro Jet (be it by bomb) was dis honourable and cowardly ... the guilty deserve to be punished

    Karl Haushofer
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 635
    Points : 634
    Join date : 2015-05-03

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  Karl Haushofer on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:51 pm

    OminousSpudd wrote:And? What would be the next logical step for Russia if a bomb was planted by Western Intelligence? As someone pointed out in the Sputnik comments, we know that ISIS is an American creation (or simply the next evolutionary step in Mid-East controlled extremism), so if ISIS planted a bomb on the airliner does that mean by extension America did? How much is Russia willing to read into this, and where does it end?

    Retaliatory terrorist attacks would be completely and utterly out of the question, don't talk such loony nonsense. Fighting terror with terror is about as stupid as it gets.

    1. Get back at the West and drop one of their airliners, whether with a missile or by planting a bomb. Russia is in my opinion way too soft and does not revenge the killings of Russian people, especially if the perpetrator is a western country. Russia should not hesitate to kill Western civilians if the West kills Russian civilians.
    2. Ban Russian civilian flights in Egypt, Turkey and other potentially dangerous countries until the war in Syria is over.

    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1955
    Points : 1962
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  Regular on Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:42 am

    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:And? What would be the next logical step for Russia if a bomb was planted by Western Intelligence? As someone pointed out in the Sputnik comments, we know that ISIS is an American creation (or simply the next evolutionary step in Mid-East controlled extremism), so if ISIS planted a bomb on the airliner does that mean by extension America did? How much is Russia willing to read into this, and where does it end?

    Retaliatory terrorist attacks would be completely and utterly out of the question, don't talk such loony nonsense. Fighting terror with terror is about as stupid as it gets.

    1. Get back at the West and drop one of their airliners, whether with a missile or by planting a bomb. Russia is in my opinion way too soft and does not revenge the killings of Russian people, especially if the perpetrator is a western country. Russia should not hesitate to kill Western civilians if the West kills Russian civilians.
    2. Ban Russian civilian flights in Egypt, Turkey and other potentially dangerous countries until the war in Syria is over.

    Most idiotic thing I've ever seen here. You just uncrowned Vann and Victor

    Sponsored content

    Re: Accidents and Disasters Thread

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:25 pm


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:25 pm