Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    S-400 SAM System Exports

    Share
    avatar
    Godric

    Posts : 553
    Points : 573
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    Re: S-400 SAM System Exports

    Post  Godric on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:36 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    “Potential buyers include Syria, Iraq, Sudan, Egypt. Everyone who experiences a threat to own security posed by terrorist groups and NATO member states,” the senior lawmaker said.

    Lets be honest here... the lawmaker should not have said "groups and"... these powerful missiles would make no difference to terrorist groups... these missiles are intended:

    “Potential buyers include Syria, Iraq, Sudan, Egypt. Everyone who experiences a threat to own security posed by terrorist NATO member states,” the senior lawmaker said.

    And from a country that gave Afghan groups Stingers should not tell Russia who it can or cannot sell S-400s to.

    The US bends over backwards to keep Russia out of markets it dominates... why would Russia not look elsewhere for places to sell their products.

    exactly in saying that i only saw the story in foreign sites after i posted the article ... that said the US has threatened to hit countries that have bought Russian made military hardware with fines or sanctions that has past the congress and is now law
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2689
    Points : 2671
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: S-400 SAM System Exports

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:22 pm

    Looks like US is now offering Patriot SAM system to Turkey. So we will see if Turkey takes it over S-400. Wonder if now contract signed, and if Turkey then says no, that they have to pay compensation to Russia?
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 2335
    Points : 2329
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: S-400 SAM System Exports

    Post  Isos on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:57 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:Looks like US is now offering Patriot SAM system to Turkey. So we will see if Turkey takes it over S-400.  Wonder if now contract signed, and if Turkey then says no, that they have to pay compensation to Russia?

    They won't. The S-400 is a political choice. They won't go for a less capable patriot from US while Erdogan is blaming US interventions in Middle East and says to its people that US want to control the country.

    They also signed with europeans to develop their own system. So it's unlikly they go for a US system.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2689
    Points : 2671
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: S-400 SAM System Exports

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:07 pm

    Isos wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Looks like US is now offering Patriot SAM system to Turkey. So we will see if Turkey takes it over S-400.  Wonder if now contract signed, and if Turkey then says no, that they have to pay compensation to Russia?

    They won't. The S-400 is a political choice. They won't go for a less capable patriot from US while Erdogan is blaming US interventions in Middle East and says to its people that US want to control the country.

    They also signed with europeans to develop their own system. So it's unlikly they go for a US system.

    I rather believe that too. S-400 is more capable anyway, and Turkey wanted to development but didn't get it so went with European development, so you are right. Chances are, they will tell the US to take a hike. Especially now average Turks sentiment for Russia is very high compared to their sentiment of US
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 2335
    Points : 2329
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: S-400 SAM System Exports

    Post  Isos on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:20 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Looks like US is now offering Patriot SAM system to Turkey. So we will see if Turkey takes it over S-400.  Wonder if now contract signed, and if Turkey then says no, that they have to pay compensation to Russia?

    They won't. The S-400 is a political choice. They won't go for a less capable patriot from US while Erdogan is blaming US interventions in Middle East and says to its people that US want to control the country.

    They also signed with europeans to develop their own system. So it's unlikly they go for a US system.

    I rather believe that too. S-400 is more capable anyway, and Turkey wanted to development but didn't get it so went with European development, so you are right. Chances are, they will tell the US to take a hike. Especially now average Turks sentiment for Russia is very high compared to their sentiment of US

    They are also hiding lot of stuff about the miltary coup. It's like they knew US were behind it and they found some agreements to forget everything but Turks as americans haven't forget and they will probably try to take Erdogan from power and a war isn't impossible between US and turks, at least it's more probable than a war with russia.

    There are even some tensions between high rank militaries. Like during a nato exercice when they used the picture of Erdogan as a terrorist. It's impossible that it is a mistake ...

    That's why they also choosed s-400 in my opinion. But it's just my opinion. We don't know what's going on between them.
    avatar
    Airman

    Posts : 410
    Points : 458
    Join date : 2016-10-15
    Location : Turkey

    Re: S-400 SAM System Exports

    Post  Airman on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:46 am

    Turkish Undersecretary for Defence Industries says "Deliveries of S-400 to Turkey will be held in July 2019 "
    https://twitter.com/IsmailDemirSSM/status/981267282834935808
    avatar
    LMFS

    Posts : 742
    Points : 736
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    This is probably making US establishment even happier than India closing the S-400 deal early this week

    Post  LMFS on Thu May 31, 2018 1:18 pm

    This is probably making US establishment even happier than India closing the S-400 deal early this week Very Happy

    http://www.defenseworld.net/news/22627/Saudi_Russia_Talks_on_S_400_Missile_Defence_System_Purchase__Progressing_

    Will they sanction Saudi Arabia? Will they stop selling them billions in weapons?
    avatar
    Hole

    Posts : 987
    Points : 987
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 42
    Location : Merkelland

    Re: S-400 SAM System Exports

    Post  Hole on Thu May 31, 2018 5:09 pm

    No wonder they want the S-400 after the failures of the Patriot system.

    Sponsored content

    Re: S-400 SAM System Exports

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:10 am