Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Arctic_Fox
    Arctic_Fox

    Posts : 156
    Points : 159
    Join date : 2015-05-02
    Age : 26
    Location : Brazil

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  Arctic_Fox on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:29 pm

    RPK-16:
    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 QGkxFm5jHR0

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Wxahv10







    haven't seen any AK12 on expo till now.
    Arctic_Fox
    Arctic_Fox

    Posts : 156
    Points : 159
    Join date : 2015-05-02
    Age : 26
    Location : Brazil

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  Arctic_Fox on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:32 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:http://world.guns.ru/assault/rus/ma-e.html

    Bim...And there you go. Kalash going full Dragunov.

    looks pretty good for some spetsnaz units like FSB
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:34 pm

    Arctic_Fox wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:http://world.guns.ru/assault/rus/ma-e.html

    Bim...And there you go. Kalash going full Dragunov.

    looks pretty good for some spetsnaz units like FSB

    Looks pretty good for all units with different barrel lengths.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1814
    Points : 1965
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  TheArmenian on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:18 pm

    AK-12 and AK-15

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 T7x0Syl

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 JHuMAzL

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 9smYiYO
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4890
    Points : 5049
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:24 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Arctic_Fox wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:http://world.guns.ru/assault/rus/ma-e.html

    Bim...And there you go. Kalash going full Dragunov.

    looks pretty good for some spetsnaz units like FSB

    Looks pretty good for all units with different barrel lengths.

    But I thought you hated it? BTW is Max Popenko the luckiest man in the world?
    Zivo
    Zivo

    Posts : 1488
    Points : 1514
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  Zivo on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:28 pm

    TheArmenian wrote:AK-12 and AK-15

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 T7x0Syl

    I cant tell, is the receiver + handguard/shroud a single piece?

    It also looks like a 12 gauge muzzle brake and magazine.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:00 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Arctic_Fox wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:http://world.guns.ru/assault/rus/ma-e.html

    Bim...And there you go. Kalash going full Dragunov.

    looks pretty good for some spetsnaz units like FSB

    Looks pretty good for all units with different barrel lengths.

    But I thought you hated it? BTW is Max Popenko the luckiest man in the world?

    Hated what? The rifle you see is not a Kalashnikov, but a Dragunov...
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1814
    Points : 1965
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  TheArmenian on Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:10 am

    Saiga MK-107



    Gunfighter-AK
    Gunfighter-AK

    Posts : 22
    Points : 22
    Join date : 2012-12-10

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  Gunfighter-AK on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:05 am

    Had to look close to even tell that the new AK-74M and the AK-15 were two different rifles (before I looked at the gas block portions). Interesting. So, which one is relevant to Ratnik and the rifle replacement? The AK-12 or the AK-15?
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 20291
    Points : 20845
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  GarryB on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:09 am

    Keep in mind that ratnik is a soldier system used by many branches of the military so it will suit weapons from pistols to machine guns and everything in between.
    Gunfighter-AK
    Gunfighter-AK

    Posts : 22
    Points : 22
    Join date : 2012-12-10

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  Gunfighter-AK on Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:04 pm

    GarryB wrote:Keep in mind that ratnik is a soldier system used by many branches of the military so it will suit weapons from pistols to machine guns and everything in between.

    Sorry, you'll have to excuse my American way of thinking. The last time we did a soldier systems program that included multiple weapons was OICW, if I'm not mistaken. I'm forgetting to look at Ratnik that way, instead of as a rifle competition.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1814
    Points : 1965
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  TheArmenian on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:36 am

    Here is the "motherload" of pictures of the guns shown at the Army-2016 exhibition:

    6 Pages of gun-porn

    https://fotki.yandex.ru/users/soustov/album/167135?

    and here is the first video of the SVK


    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:56 pm

    Actually that's the second one, KK has send promotional video to many Gun sites out there with most of the novelties...



    Gunfighter-AK
    Gunfighter-AK

    Posts : 22
    Points : 22
    Join date : 2012-12-10

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  Gunfighter-AK on Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:01 am

    Does anybody know what kind of Picatinny-mounted rear iron sight is on the AK-12 / AK-400? The one that was used in the recent event.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:40 am

    Gunfighter-AK wrote:Does anybody know what kind of Picatinny-mounted rear iron sight is on the AK-12 / AK-400? The one that was used in the recent event.

    RPK-style detachable IRS.

    It's supposed to be spring loaded, but I really doubt it, it just looks tightened up.

    There's a PBS-1 sight that was developed for export.

    http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
    Gunfighter-AK
    Gunfighter-AK

    Posts : 22
    Points : 22
    Join date : 2012-12-10

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  Gunfighter-AK on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:28 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Gunfighter-AK wrote:Does anybody know what kind of Picatinny-mounted rear iron sight is on the AK-12 / AK-400? The one that was used in the recent event.

    RPK-style detachable IRS.

    It's supposed to be spring loaded, but I really doubt it, it just looks tightened up.

    There's a PBS-1 sight that was developed for export.

    http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

    I'm looking for the entire mount that the leaf is in, as well. I really would like to know if and where one can be individually purchased. Quite honestly, it would be a big hit in the U.S. considering the Texas Weapon Systems Dog-Leg railed top-cover mounts that replace the old sight leaf entirely. You lose the range [and windage, if using an RPK leaf] adjustment by mounting it to the trunnion.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:27 am

    Gunfighter-AK wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Gunfighter-AK wrote:Does anybody know what kind of Picatinny-mounted rear iron sight is on the AK-12 / AK-400? The one that was used in the recent event.

    RPK-style detachable IRS.

    It's supposed to be spring loaded, but I really doubt it, it just looks tightened up.

    There's a PBS-1 sight that was developed for export.

    http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

    I'm looking for the entire mount that the leaf is in, as well. I really would like to know if and where one can be individually purchased. Quite honestly, it would be a big hit in the U.S. considering the Texas Weapon Systems Dog-Leg railed top-cover mounts that replace the old sight leaf entirely. You lose the range [and windage, if using an RPK leaf] adjustment by mounting it to the trunnion.

    Mount is made by Izhmash, and as such you can't exactly import it to the US. So try and see if it's possible to have it in Europe and then have some one trace it to you in America.
    Arctic_Fox
    Arctic_Fox

    Posts : 156
    Points : 159
    Join date : 2015-05-02
    Age : 26
    Location : Brazil

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  Arctic_Fox on Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:35 pm

    In Alabino range presented new developments of the Russian defense industry for the Army:
    http://www.1tv.ru/news/2016/09/29/310947-na_poligone_v_alabino_predstavili_novye_razrabotki_rossiyskoy_oboronnoy_promyshlennosti_dlya_suhoputnyh_voysk
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:12 am

    Great catch AF.
    Arctic_Fox
    Arctic_Fox

    Posts : 156
    Points : 159
    Join date : 2015-05-02
    Age : 26
    Location : Brazil

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  Arctic_Fox on Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:45 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:Great catch AF.

    Thank you Very Happy

    So... no more prototypes, i must say i really miss some features of the "old AK 12", can't believe that they gave up like that

    A545 looks pretty awesome, i'm just not a fan of the buttstock.

    BTW what do you think about these holographic sights?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:48 pm

    Arctic_Fox wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Great catch AF.

    Thank you Very Happy

    So... no more prototypes, i must say i really miss some features of the "old AK 12", can't believe that they gave up like that

    A545 looks pretty awesome, i'm just not a fan of the buttstock.

    BTW what do you think about these holographic sights?

    The Valdai VPK-210/230 look as good as anything for brief engagements and short term deployments. But I'm very concerned with the log strain they will build (they work on batteries) for permanent use. The Obzor option the Russian forces have for now looks far superior from that point of view. But it's ok, testing will help get the product better.

    A545 can be retro-fitted with the KK stock they shown on he SVK rifle. That would be amazing.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 20291
    Points : 20845
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  GarryB on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:42 am

    I would suspect with all their new gear Ratnik 3 operators will need lots of batteries and a charging plugin station on the vehicle that transports them around in combat...
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:51 pm

    GarryB wrote:I would suspect with all their new gear Ratnik 3 operators will need lots of batteries and a charging plugin station on the vehicle that transports them around in combat...

    The plugin station for BMS and TBMS is normal, but here we're speaking of disposable batteries, which are a PITA. While with self-illuminated systems you gain both sustainability and performance over the opposing forces.

    Arctic_Fox
    Arctic_Fox

    Posts : 156
    Points : 159
    Join date : 2015-05-02
    Age : 26
    Location : Brazil

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  Arctic_Fox on Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:46 am

    AN-94:
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:37 am

    Arctic_Fox wrote:AN-94:

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 I-cry-everytime_o_757228

    Sponsored content

    Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles & Machine Guns Thread: #1

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:13 pm