Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

d_taddei2

Re: Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Post  d_taddei2 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:31 pm

Back in March Iran stated they would be producing the Karrer tank then the next thing you know their ordering T-90 lol so do they plan on having a mix? Or plan to copy the T-90 and incorporate T-90 into the Karrer? I know on paper they Karrer is similar to T -90 but is this just a pretext for when they copy T-90? Surely if their tank was that good they wouldn't buy T-90.
    But on another note there conversion of their Btr60 to BTR Heidar 5 & 6 minelayer I actually like it and good use for them. Iran needs to get rid of all the USA made stuff including most of the upgraded stuff Iran would be better buying production rights for most things they need and the rest can be homegrown stuff.
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Iran generally suffers from same issue as China were most of their technology is knockoffs that were later upgraded. North Korea shares same issue. While Russia does an evolutionary thing while developing new technologies and reverse engineering those they didn't produce before (thermals). Russian tanks as example hold fantastic technology like T-90 and newer. Something Iran can learn from. In the end as well, they may have been able to produce a couple examples of the karrar tank but lets be realistic - do they have the capability to start serial production of them? Do they have modern composite material technology? What about ballistic computers?

Now I think regarding the tech part - Iran does produce, I believe, a SPARC based processor of some kind so they could develop a ballistic computer (assuming they also create the sensors too) and also, I believe the thermals that are available could be modified civilians thermal cameras from China, which would work fine after some modification. But the composite armor tech and engine tech, they may have some difficulty. But not like they can't produce them. Just maybe not en mass.

yavar

Post  yavar on Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:50 pm

Iran Army Tank Biathlon International Army Games 2017 ارتش در مسابقات بین المللی ارتش ها تانک ۲۰۱۷

yavar

Post  yavar on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Iran IRGC "Suvorov Attack" International Army Games 2017 China سووروف حمله بازی های بین المللی ارتش

yavar

Post  yavar Yesterday at 9:50 pm

Iran Border Guard Police new achievements exhibition نمايشگاه دستاوردهاي پليس مرزباني ايران

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:40 am