Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian MRLS: Grad, Smerch, Uragan. TOS-1

George1

Re: Russian MRLS: Grad, Smerch, Uragan. TOS-1

Post  George1 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:33 pm

OmskTransmash has undertaken a "large-scale" overhaul and modernization program of TOS-1A MRLS for the Russian MoD. First batch of modernized TOS-1A MRL systems will be handed over to the MoD by the end of November 2017.

http://transmash-omsk.ru/node/878

Interlinked

Post  Interlinked on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:27 am

"Changes have affected both the appearance and internal equipment of combat vehicles. At TOS-1A modern power plant and dynamic protection are installed. Heavy flamethrower received a new launcher, and the transport-loading machine of the complex - a crane."

I hope that the reloading method has been improved. It's so much faster to be able to replace an entire rocket pack instead of loading them one by one.
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:10 am

Interlinked wrote:"Changes have affected both the appearance and internal equipment of combat vehicles. At TOS-1A modern power plant and dynamic protection are installed. Heavy flamethrower received a new launcher, and the transport-loading machine of the complex - a crane."

I hope that the reloading method has been improved. It's so much faster to be able to replace an entire rocket pack instead of loading them one by one.

Is this the upgrade that includes extended range I think read it will be extended to
    12km-1 5km

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:58 pm