Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems

    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5651
    Points : 6284
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 38
    Location : Croatia

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 Empty Re: "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems

    Post  Viktor on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:36 pm

    Well this settles all ... the vehicle in question is highly modernized PU12M7  build specialy with UAV/UCAV in mind

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 PoGQuJs

    Due to the wide spread of the UAV task was to deal with them. Therefore, serial battery command post control group PU12M7 combat vehicles "Strela-10", ZSU-23, "Tunguska", "Thor", MANPADS was decided to adapt to deal with the UAV and its work in this new capacity

    LINK
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 5097
    Points : 5250
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 Empty Re: "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:49 pm

    Viktor wrote:Well this settles all ... the vehicle in question is highly modernized PU12M7  build specialy with UAV/UCAV in mind

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 PoGQuJs

    Due to the wide spread of the UAV task was to deal with them. Therefore, serial battery command post control group PU12M7 combat vehicles "Strela-10", ZSU-23, "Tunguska", "Thor", MANPADS was decided to adapt to deal with the UAV and its work in this new capacity

    LINK

    Looks interesting, but in all likeness that version of the complex probably won't be built, however the version of the complex built on the Boomerang, Kurganets, Typhoon, and Armata vehicle platforms will probably be built in serious numbers!  Very Happy
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21504
    Points : 22054
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 Empty Re: "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems

    Post  GarryB on Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:43 pm

    Actually the old BTR design should stay in production for some time and it will likely be lighter than boomerang (12-14 tons vs 25+ for boomerang).

    This would likely make it cheaper to operate and heavier armour might not be that much use for such a vehicle.

    If it is operated as separate units attached to brigades and divisions when needed then vehicle chassis commonality might not be so critical.

    Interesting looking vehicle.
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5651
    Points : 6284
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 38
    Location : Croatia

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 Empty Re: "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems

    Post  Viktor on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:25 pm

    Acacia being offered for export is a powerful weapon to any army in the world as we are talking about mighty command post.

    CMO introduced a system of command and control "Acacia-E" at Airshow China 2014 exhibition
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

    Posts : 1100
    Points : 1165
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 28
    Location : Oldenburg

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 Empty Distributed AD network...?

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:24 am

    This thread is not really about Russia, I really did not know where to post it, there are no subforums for general military discussion.

    I am not an AD expert and I wonder - is it possible to create an air defence network that is decentralized so much that it is not possible to render it useless by destroying just a few key assets? During the Gulf War the entire Iraqi AD system was virtually decapitated during the 1st day of the operation and the critical part was a raid of a handful of AH-64s .
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5651
    Points : 6284
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 38
    Location : Croatia

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 Empty Re: "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems

    Post  Viktor on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:58 am

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:This thread is not really about Russia, I really did not know where to post it, there are no subforums for general military discussion.

    I am not an AD expert and I wonder - is it possible to create an air defence network that is decentralized so much that it is not possible to render it useless by destroying just a few key assets? During the Gulf War the entire Iraqi AD system was virtually decapitated during the 1st day of the operation and the critical part was a raid of a handful of AH-64s .

    Yes it is possible. Problem with Iraq was that its AD netwoork was to oriented towards Iran and not the planned vectors of US invasion. Furthermore it was centralized with

    5 fixed command posts with known locations and once you bombard those the whole netwoork ceased to exist. That was a French Kari AD netwoork with higly limited capability.

    Russian made AD netwoorks are organized in a manner that even if some of the key AD aspects are destroyed the netwoork itself recalibrates to a next most optimum solution

    momentarely and keeps on firing Very Happy

    Here is an example of Russian Army PVO command post integration (all mobile).

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 Fz3c8Ba
    Benya
    Benya

    Posts : 526
    Points : 528
    Join date : 2016-06-05
    Location : Budapest, Hungary

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 Empty Russia will receive three Polyana-D4M1 command and control systems in November

    Post  Benya on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:43 pm

    Nice thumbsup


    Russia will receive three Polyana-D4M1 command and control systems in November

    Russia’s Defense Ministry will receive three Polyana-D4M1 air defense missile brigade automated command and control systems in November, CEO of the Radio Plant in Penza in the Volga area Oleg Ratnikov said.

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 Russia_will_receive_three_Polyana-D4M1_command_and_control_systems_in_November
    The Polyana-D4M1 ACCS
    (Credit: Rosoboronexport)

    The Radio Plant is the producer of the Polyana-D4M1 air defense missile brigade Automated Command and Control System (ACCS).

    "Two Polyana-D4M1 air defense missile brigade automated command and control systems have been manufactured by the plant, accepted by the Defense Ministry and dispatched to units," Ratnikov said on the single military hardware acceptance day.

    "The third system has been produced and then accepted by Defense Ministry representatives. The system is planned to be dispatched on November 3, 2016," he added.

    According to the CEO, the system is designed for effective command and control of an air defense missile brigade or a composite air defense force operating the S-300 (NATO reporting name: SA-10 Grumble) and Buk (SA-17 Grizzly) surface-to-air missile systems.

    "The system can simultaneously track up to 255 aerial targets at a visibility distance of 6,000 kilometers (3,728 miles)," Ratnikov said.

    The 9S52M1 Polyana-D4M1 air defence brigade (mixed grouping) automated command and control system is designed to provide automated control of separate air defence missile systems, and their ombinations, making up air defence grouping, with the S-300, Buk, Tor AD missile systems and Tunguska gun-missile systems, via relevant command and control posts.

    Source: Arrow http://www.armyrecognition.com/october_2016_global_defense_security_news_industry/russia_will_receive_three_polyana-d4m1_command_and_control_systems_in_november_72710161.html
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5651
    Points : 6284
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 38
    Location : Croatia

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 Empty The Polyana-D4M1 ACCS

    Post  Viktor on Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:43 pm

    Benya wrote:Nice thumbsup


    Russia will receive three Polyana-D4M1 command and control systems in November

    Russia’s Defense Ministry will receive three Polyana-D4M1 air defense missile brigade automated command and control systems in November, CEO of the Radio Plant in Penza in the Volga area Oleg Ratnikov said.

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 Russia_will_receive_three_Polyana-D4M1_command_and_control_systems_in_November
    The Polyana-D4M1 ACCS
    (Credit: Rosoboronexport)

    The Radio Plant is the producer of the Polyana-D4M1 air defense missile brigade Automated Command and Control System (ACCS).

    "Two Polyana-D4M1 air defense missile brigade automated command and control systems have been manufactured by the plant, accepted by the Defense Ministry and dispatched to units," Ratnikov said on the single military hardware acceptance day.

    "The third system has been produced and then accepted by Defense Ministry representatives. The system is planned to be dispatched on November 3, 2016," he added.

    According to the CEO, the system is designed for effective command and control of an air defense missile brigade or a composite air defense force operating the S-300 (NATO reporting name: SA-10 Grumble) and Buk (SA-17 Grizzly) surface-to-air missile systems.

    "The system can simultaneously track up to 255 aerial targets at a visibility distance of 6,000 kilometers (3,728 miles)," Ratnikov said.

    The 9S52M1 Polyana-D4M1 air defence brigade (mixed grouping) automated command and control system is designed to provide automated control of separate air defence missile systems, and their ombinations, making up air defence grouping, with the S-300, Buk, Tor AD missile systems and Tunguska gun-missile systems, via relevant command and control posts.

    Source: Arrow http://www.armyrecognition.com/october_2016_global_defense_security_news_industry/russia_will_receive_three_polyana-d4m1_command_and_control_systems_in_november_72710161.html


    Its a Brigade lvl command post (basically it is a Baikal-M under the hood and thats great) - as was earlier said that 3 new S-300V3 brigades have entered service.

    Its interesting to note that Algerians have bought Akacija command posts.

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 14590910
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3200
    Points : 3232
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 Empty Αirborne Command Post

    Post  franco on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:20 pm

    Viktor wrote:
    Benya wrote:Nice thumbsup


    Russia will receive three Polyana-D4M1 command and control systems in November

    Russia’s Defense Ministry will receive three Polyana-D4M1 air defense missile brigade automated command and control systems in November, CEO of the Radio Plant in Penza in the Volga area Oleg Ratnikov said.

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 Russia_will_receive_three_Polyana-D4M1_command_and_control_systems_in_November
    The Polyana-D4M1 ACCS
    (Credit: Rosoboronexport)

    The Radio Plant is the producer of the Polyana-D4M1 air defense missile brigade Automated Command and Control System (ACCS).

    "Two Polyana-D4M1 air defense missile brigade automated command and control systems have been manufactured by the plant, accepted by the Defense Ministry and dispatched to units," Ratnikov said on the single military hardware acceptance day.

    "The third system has been produced and then accepted by Defense Ministry representatives. The system is planned to be dispatched on November 3, 2016," he added.

    According to the CEO, the system is designed for effective command and control of an air defense missile brigade or a composite air defense force operating the S-300 (NATO reporting name: SA-10 Grumble) and Buk (SA-17 Grizzly) surface-to-air missile systems.

    "The system can simultaneously track up to 255 aerial targets at a visibility distance of 6,000 kilometers (3,728 miles)," Ratnikov said.

    The 9S52M1 Polyana-D4M1 air defence brigade (mixed grouping) automated command and control system is designed to provide automated control of separate air defence missile systems, and their ombinations, making up air defence grouping, with the S-300, Buk, Tor AD missile systems and Tunguska gun-missile systems, via relevant command and control posts.

    Source: Arrow http://www.armyrecognition.com/october_2016_global_defense_security_news_industry/russia_will_receive_three_polyana-d4m1_command_and_control_systems_in_november_72710161.html


    Its a Brigade lvl command post (basically it is a Baikal-M under the hood and thats great) - as was earlier said that 3 new S-300V3 brigades have entered service.

    Its interesting to note that Algerians have bought Akacija command posts.

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 14590910

    They seem to have formed one of these Air Defense Command and Control units per each Ground Forces Combined Arms Armies. They don't control other units, until they are assigned, to cover the Air Zone that the CAA is operating in. Would expect that the PVO Air Defense Divisions (formerly brigades) would also have the same or similar Command and Control units.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13443
    Points : 13932
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 Empty Re: "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems

    Post  George1 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:37 am

    The Ministry of Defense of Russia has concluded a contract for the supply of a unified system of command and control of the ESU TK

    According to the Department of Information and Mass Communications of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, Deputy Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation Alexey Krivoruchko on December 22, 2018 signed a state contract for the supply of products for a single tactical-level troop control system (ESU TZ).

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 4540885_original
    Products of Concern “Constellation” JSC (c) Rostec GC


    "We have signed a very large and important contract. I must note that contracts for such systems in the history of the Ministry of Defense have not been concluded yet," said A. Krivoruchko at the solemn ceremony of signing the contract.

    According to the deputy minister, for the enterprise it is not only a perspective, but also a big responsibility: “This work will be under special control. I ask colleagues to fulfill all the obligations they have taken. Demand will be serious, therefore, I hope that all deadlines will be met, the contract will be completed on time. "

    In turn, the General Director of the Constellation Concern, A. Bocharov, gave a guarantee that the company would perform all the work qualitatively and on time: "On behalf of the Constellation Concern, on my own behalf, we give a guarantee that we will execute the contract with due quality and "We will not stop at this and will continue to make proposals to the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation."

    The contract is concluded until 2027. According to him, will provide support for the full life cycle of the constituent elements of the system. ESU TK is a unified battle management system, which includes 11 subsystems, including electronic warfare control systems, artillery, air defense, engineering and logistics, as well as a single information network, which integrates various types of communications, including including radio relay, tropospheric and digital.

    Also, the deputy head of the Ministry of Defense of Russia got acquainted with the promising products of the concern, held a working meeting on the implementation of state defense orders. On behalf of the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation, A. Krivoruchko awarded the employees of the company with the medals "Mikhail Kalashnikov" and "For achievements in the development of innovative technologies".


    From the side of bmpd, we recall that the Voronezh edition of the newspaper Kommersant in July 2018 reported that the Voronezh concern Sozvezdiye would start supplying the ESU TK to the Ministry of Defense of Russia from 2019.

    The Voronezh concern Sozvezdie (owned by the Roselectronica holding of the Rostec state corporation) in 2019 will begin supplying the Russian Defense Ministry with a single tactical link management system (ESU TZ), taking on the role of a linking aggregator, the concern group Alexey Bocharov said in an interview with TASS. “We are starting from 2019 to large-scale deliveries of the system (ESU TZ. -“ Kommersant-Chernozemye ”). We are launching production this year. If earlier deliveries of various types of machinery and equipment were carried out separately by different factories, now the Sozvezdie concern has assumed a single connecting role. That is, we supply turnkey the entire range of technical solutions, including their service for ten years, ”said Mr. Bocharov to the agency. He noted that during the execution of the contract, at least ten units of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation would be equipped with new equipment.

    Recall, "Constellation" is the development of ESU TK since 2001. The complex is designed to control troops using navigation, satellite and unmanned means of observation. In 2007, the basic set of ESU TZ was transferred for testing, but in 2010, following the results of the command-staff exercises, military experts made over a hundred comments to the system developers. Now, according to the military, a number of control subsystems are again in pilot operation in the troops. Until 2020, 40 brigade sets of the ESU TZ for a total amount of over 300 billion rubles should come to the troops. At the end of 2017, Sergei Shoigu stated that the capabilities of the ESU TZ "were brought up to the requirements set by the Ministry of Defense".

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3467547.html

    Sponsored content

    "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems - Page 2 Empty Re: "PVO" ΙΑDS- Command and Control Systems

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:38 am