Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russia - Indonesia arms contracts

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Russia - Indonesia arms contracts

Post  George1 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:52 am

Indonesia’s Defense Minister says he’ll sign contract for 10 Su-35s next month

http://alert5.com/2016/02/10/indonesias-defense-minister-says-hell-sign-contract-for-10-su-35s-next-month/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:40 pm

Indonesia wants to buy from Russia six Su-35

Ivan Safronov writes in the article "Without the loan does not take off," published in the newspaper "Kommmersant" on March 5, 2016, the day before the Minister of Defence of Indonesia Ryamizard Ryachudu announced the signing of a contract with Russia for ten Su-35 in April.
    Jakarta hopes to get them to replace the American F-5E / F Tiger, whose flight was practically exhausted. However, according to the information of "b" , a number of factors prevent the transaction, the main ones are the financial difficulties of the customer, who intends to turn to Moscow to secure a loan of up to 850 million $.

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1774701.html

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:11 pm

10 SU-35 as 1st batch for Indonesia, plan to concluded the contract in April.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/155...l#.VtuQIor-LMJ
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:22 pm

Indonesia to Receive First Russian Su-35 in 2018

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20160309/1035990763/indonesia-russia-su-35-jets.html#ixzz42RIFINWN

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:40 am

Indonesia may purchase Russian amphibious planes, submarines

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:09 am

Nice. Back to Sukarno era!

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:54 pm

Nice thumbsup

Indonesia to Buy 8 Russian Su-35 Fighter Jets, Talks Near Completion
    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  higurashihougi on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:24 pm

http://sputniknews.com/business/20160608/1041015287/jets-russia-purchase-indonesia.html

The main part of the negotiations is complete and talks have now entered their final stage, with the sides discussing the matter of transferring technology from Russia to the Indonesia, Supriyadi told RIA Novosti.

The Indonesian side will buy eight fighter jets in what will become the first stage of cooperation in the given area, he added.

All of Indonesia's military pronouncements are supplemented by the transfer of technology in accordance with the country's laws, the ambassador explained, noting that the Russian side has not voiced disagreement and only formalities remain before the deal is closed.
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:22 pm

Moscow, Jakarta in Talks Over BMP-3F Amphibious Vehicles for Indonesian Navy

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/military/201611031047025169-russia-indonesia-bmp-3f/

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:10 pm

Russia's top aviation company to repair Mi-35P helicopters for Indonesian Air Force

More:
    http://tass.com/defense/916831

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:38 pm

Contract for delivery of Russia’s Su-35 fighter jets to Indonesia to be signed soon

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2438892.html

Note bmpd. Earlier there were reports about the intention of Indonesia to acquire 8 to 10 Su-35 fighter jets worth up to 850 million $. And the negotiations on this subject have been going for several years. In the case of a contract on the Su-35 Indonesia could become the second export customer for the aircraft after China.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:53 pm

Russia and Indonesia are in discussions over a contract on the delivery of two stealth submarines to Jakarata, the deputy director of Russia's Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC) told Sputnik.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201703211051796709-subs-russia-indonesia-deliveries/

Russia and Indonesia launched negotiations over a draft contract on the delivery of Russian Su-35 Flanker multirole fighters to Jakarta, the deputy director of Russia's Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC) told Sputnik.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201703211051798926-russia-indonesia-su35/

flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  flamming_python on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:53 pm

Kalashnikov Starts Arming Indonesian Anti-Drug Agency With Saiga 12 Shotguns

https://sputniknews.com/military/201702131050616879-kalashnikov-saiga-12-indonesia/
    MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Kalashnikov Concern delivered the first order of Saiga-12S shotgun to the Indonesian anti-drug agency (BNN), the manufacturer's press service said Monday.

"Kalashnikov Concern, a part of the Rostec state corporation, has successfully completed the delivery of the first batch of Saiga-12S shotguns to the Indonesian national anti-narcotics agency (BNN). This delivery is strategically important for the expansion of civilian products exports, as well as foreign cooperation strengthening," the press service said.

The manufacturer's experts also conducted a training and show shootings for the BNN employees.
    Rowdyhorse4
    Private
    Private

Post  Rowdyhorse4 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:21 am

I've been watching my Nation's procurement.....

The Competition to replace our aging F-5 tiger fleet has been a very close one....

Pilots of our current Sukhoi squadrons preferred the purchase of Su-35s as they love their Sukhoi 27/30s....

But others who are assigned to other air squadrons were really impressed and sided with the Gripen NG....

Massive debates (Sometimes Civil/Sometimes Un-Civil) on indonesian forums between the Su-35 and Gripen NG....

A Very Very Close fight.....

Tho no official annoucement of the winner has been made yet by the indonesian Govt, Seems like we opted to purchase the Su-35 tho still... I'd wait till there is official confirmation from my govt....

I was there during the IndoDefense Expo 2016 where Rosoboronexport (Sukhoi) battled SaaB for the last time to convince my govt and military officials XD (Also snatched various interesting brochures of Planes and Subs from Rosoboro)

Various factors came into account of the decision... Since we are a Nation of various islands and a shit ton of Sea, we wanted something Fast and with a long Combat Range....
    Third world nation means we don't want it cost like the American F-35 program....

We had 5 Enteries.... The F-16V, Rafale, Typhoon, Su-35 and the Gripen NG....

Rafale and Typhoon? knocked out of the fight early and not even talked about in our media or forums XD
    F-16 got some attention but was forgotten easily as well for some reason.... these fighters aren't bad tbh...

The Sukhoi which was designed to be a Long Range Heavy CAP fighter fitted the role perfectly....
    It has a hefty Payload CAP, Access to the latest of Russian Export weaponry available, High fuel capacity for long range and Saturn Engines (Not the most efficient out there but spews out a shit ton of power)...
    We also had experience flying older Sukhoi models as well....

But the Swedes, famous for their IKEA methods, fought back hard.... And they offered things Rosboron didn't in their initial proposal....
    They offered better Tech sharing Incentives and technology transfer programs (the IKEA way) which was very very attractive for us.....
    And the Gripen NGs are equally powerful aircraft.....
    Powerful New Avionics as advertised, Versatility and more Economically efficient to operate than the Sukhois in some areas (Fuel consumption and such)
    *Sometimes i wish the russians were better at advertising their systems kek

Now we have today in 2017...

Me personally I'd opt for the Su-35 but feel free to reply if you'd think it will be better for my country to purchase the gripens or the Sukhois in terms of practicality, Weapon systems effectiveness and such .....
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:56 am

The Gripen is a very nice aircraft... very capable and also attractive looking... but I have two main problems with it for Indonesia... first it is a single engine type... flame outs happen but when you have two engines it is not so much of an emergency.

The second issue however is more fundamental... the weapons and engines of the Gripen are not Swedish. At any time the US can block the use of that aircraft for whatever reason.

No such problems with the Flanker... the Russians own the design and the weapons and have no history of sanctions except as a response to sanctions.

I am sure Indonesia will be well protected/defended with either aircraft... but an Su-35 with three Brahmos-M missiles looks rather formidable to me...

The potential for 200km+ range RVV-BD AAMs is also interesting...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    Rowdyhorse4
    Private
    Private

Post  Rowdyhorse4 on Mon May 08, 2017 9:53 am

Just as I expected...

Issues over ToT concerns....

http://www.janes.com/article/70112/indonesia-s-su-35-programme-faces-offset-hurdle

I wonder if Saab is still trying to push for the gripens to be sold?

I'd still like the Sukhoi to be purchased so hopefully it gets through.....

Also i never knew Su-35s could carry Brahmos AShMs....
    Got a source for that?
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Fri May 12, 2017 9:35 am

Well when I say Brahmos, I mean Onyx/Yakhont, but if India approve I don't see why they could not have brahmos... you would have to pay for the integration of course...

There are several plans for various export versions of Club to be compatible with the Su-35... including the subsonic land attack club, subsonic anti ship club and the subsonic and then rocket powered high supersonic anti ship model club.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    Rowdyhorse4
    Private
    Private

Post  Rowdyhorse4 on Wed May 17, 2017 3:22 am

Russia to barter trade of Rubber for Sukhois...

Is Russia seriously offering it? XD

Are we gonna buy Sukhoi Su 35 with rubber?!

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2017/05/16/russia-wants-to-barter-sukhoi-for-indonesian-rubber.html
    miketheterrible
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  miketheterrible on Wed May 17, 2017 4:35 am

Rowdyhorse4 wrote:Russia to barter trade of Rubber for Sukhois...

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2017/05/16/russia-wants-to-barter-sukhoi-for-indonesian-rubber.html

Maybe for a shit ton of rubber. But then again, I don't see anything on Russian news about this so probably not.
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Wed May 17, 2017 12:22 pm

Offset packages for military purchases are very common and so local products often get bought as part of a purchase deal like this.

Instead of 50 million in cash they get 50 million in rubber which they use domestically or sell on to allies.

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Wed May 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Rowdyhorse4 wrote:Russia to barter trade of Rubber for Sukhois...

Such deals are not uncommon. So its more than plausible.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 26, 2017 7:37 am