Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+66
RTN
Navy fanboy
Dorfmeister
tanino
Mir
AZ-5
lancelot
Podlodka77
Krepost
ult
ALAMO
Broski
owais.usmani
The_Observer
calripson
Arrow
Gazputin
marcellogo
Admin
Rodion_Romanovic
Big_Gazza
SeigSoloyvov
Isos
d_taddei2
Gibraltar
Tingsay
kumbor
dino00
AMCXXL
marat
hoom
walle83
Singular_trafo
Singular_Transform
Hole
LMFS
Austin
verkhoturye51
JohninMK
The-thing-next-door
T-47
Nasr Hosein
GunshipDemocracy
miketheterrible
kvs
Tsavo Lion
Kimppis
Benya
eehnie
TheArmenian
Luq man
George1
GarryB
KiloGolf
sepheronx
AlfaT8
medo
Dima
zardof
PapaDragon
jhelb
franco
flamming_python
TR1
Vann7
Viktor
70 posters

Russian Naval Construction Plans and Numbers

GarryB
    GarryB

Russian Naval Construction Plans and Numbers - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Numbers

Post  GarryB Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:25 am

I agree, they would be a good sub to get experience with... and could still be quite effective if you weren't trying to sink HATO subs, which I presume India are not going to want to do.

I would expect an electronics upgrade and communications upgrade similar to their in service Victor IIIs would make it rather better than any previous model Victor could be expected to be.... just the new torpedos and weapons would make it a better sub on its own.
    ult

Russian Naval Construction Plans and Numbers - Page 19 Empty Amur Shipyard. Under construction right now:

Post  ult Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:09 pm

Amur Shipyard. Under construction right now:

4 22800
    2 20380
    1 20385

To be laid down in 2022:

2 20385

In 2023:

1 20385

Potential order for 6 frigates, supposedly 22350/22350M (my speculation), is mentioned as well.

medo, dino00, PapaDragon, zardof, Azi, Hole and Krepost like this post

owais.usmani

Russian Naval Construction Plans and Numbers - Page 19 Empty Re: Russian Naval Construction Plans and Numbers

Post  owais.usmani Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:16 pm

George1, dino00, PapaDragon and Azi like this post

calripson

Russian Naval Construction Plans and Numbers - Page 19 Empty Amur

Post  calripson Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:53 pm

One of the success stories of Russian shipbuilding.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:18 pm

ult wrote:...Potential order for 6 frigates, supposedly 22350/22350M (my speculation), is mentioned as well.

If this happens Russian surface fleet will officially be back in business angel

Azi likes this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:23 pm

i am anxious to see 22350M russia

GarryB and PapaDragon like this post

Krepost
    Krepost

Post  Krepost Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:37 pm

Ships that have entered service in the Russian Navy during 2021:

Submarines
    - Knyaz Oleg (Borei Class)
    - Kazan (Yasen Class)
    - Novosibirsk (Yasen Class)
    - Magadan (Kilo Class)

Warhips (with displacment greater than 500T)
    - Grayvoron (Buyan-M Class)
    - Georgy Kurbatov (Alexandrit class minesweeper)

Auxiliaries (with displacement greater than 500T)
    - Vsevolod Bobrov (pr. 12320 logistics ship)
    - Vice Admiral Paromov (pr. 03182 tanker)

Excellent year as far as submarines are concerned.
    Poor year as far as surface warfare ships are concerned. 2020 was much better.
    Some ships did not make it for 2021: Tsiklon (Karakurt class), Sergei Kotov (Bykov class) were close to make it for 2021, but have not finished the sea trials.

2022 is expected to be a banner year:
    - 4 or 5 submarines (Suvorov, Belgorod, Krasnoyarsk, Kronshtadt and Ufa)
    - Adm. Golovko (Gorshkov class)
    - Retivy and Rezky (Steregushy class)
    - Sergei Kotov (Bykov class)
    - Grad (Buyan-M class)
    - Tsiklon and Burya (Karakurt class) perhaps also Askold and Kozelsk
    - Pyotr Ilichev and Anatoly Shlemov (Alexandrit class)
    + many auxiliaries

GarryB, dino00, Big_Gazza, LMFS, owais.usmani and Finty like this post

dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:30 am

Suvorov only in 2023

GarryB likes this post

Krepost
    Krepost

Post  Krepost Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:32 am

dino00 wrote:Suvorov only in 2023
    There are conflicting reports.
    That's why I wrote : 4 or 5

GarryB likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:25 am

Putting this here because I didn't want to start new tread

Made by u/Phoenix_jz from Reddit

(orange=oilers)

Russian Naval Construction Plans and Numbers - Page 19 Esvc82lmij981

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, Arrow, dino00, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:52 am

What is really interesting, is the tonnage proportions divided into groups. Check that.
    Arrow

Russian Naval Construction Plans and Numbers - Page 19 Empty Another table of ships under construction for VMF.

Post  Arrow Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:46 pm

Interestingly, in terms of tonnage, the Russian Navy has a larger submarine fleet than the US.  And in VMF itself, it has the largest share.

Another table of ships under construction for VMF.

Russian Naval Construction Plans and Numbers - Page 19 Abc9201f007ed

GarryB, George1 and LMFS like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:58 pm

In other words, the USN is the largest Navy because it has to keep all those freighters, tankers and Ro/Ro ships under her flag. All the surviving shipping companies in the US use the flags of Liberia, Panama and so on which means their ships can´t be used by the military.

GarryB and LMFS like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:25 am

All the surviving shipping companies in the US use the flags of Liberia, Panama and so on which means their ships can´t be used by the military.

With Americas never ending wars they would be mad to use US flagged ships because they would spend more time shipping things to wars for the US military than anything else...

Hole and Broski like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:30 pm

Russian Naval Construction Plans and Numbers - Page 19 03-10311

2022;
    1. K-329 Belgorod submarine will be delivered to Russian navy, no question about that..
    2. K-??? Suvorov submarine; its only launched few days ago, no chance. i dont think so beacuse one year is not enough to finish mooring trials and state trials, probably 2023.
    3. K-571 Krasnoyarsk submarine; i hope so that this submarine will be delivered to RN this year and if not this year than it will be delivered together with Arkhangelsk submarine next year. Arkhangelsk will be launched in the next few months, i am sure about that. That 885M project is my favoured class of ships and submarines in RN.
    4. ADMIRAL GOLOVKO; we will see, because its from Severnaya Werf. I dont think so and i am very very dissapointed with that shipyard.
    5. B-586 Kronshtadt submarine will be delivered to RN this year.
    6. B-587 Velikiye Luki; No chance, its not even launched.
    7. B-588 Ufa will be delivered to RN.  
    8. Mercuriy; i dont think so because its from Severnaya werf.
    8. Rezkiy; will be delivered to RN this year.

So there is no more problems with submarines and Sevmash really rocks, but there are still problems with surface ships beacuse there is no news about ADMIRAL ISAKOV date of launch and that Severnaya werf shipyard is really disgousting. I am really sorry that Baltic shipyard is busy with construction of 22220 nuclear icebrakers, because Baltic shipyard has built 3 Talwar class for Indian navy in 4 years, from laid down ceremony to commissioning date ceremony.
    lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:56 am

Yeah that shipyard sucks, but at least in the case of the Admiral Gorshkov class ships a lot of the delays were caused from the stop of supply of engines from Ukraine. The production of Russian engines is ongoing today but it is still at a limited production rate. The engines for the Admiral Isakov still have not been delivered AFAIK. The initial ship also had an extremely prolonged trials period because of all the new technologies in it. The radar and combat suite supposedly had loads of problems they needed to solve. They have no excuse for the extremely prolonged time they take to build the corvettes though. Even Amur figured that one out by now.

I agree that the Baltic Shipyard would be an excellent place to build large ships be them frigates or cruisers. Yantar also is not that bad.

I think they need to examine what is wrong with their production flow at Severnaya Verf and fix it. Because they seem to take twice as long or more than they should be.

Big_Gazza and Podlodka77 like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:33 am

Yes, but it's not all about Ukrainian engines because we can see how much faster were built and commissioned those 20380 corvettes built by Amur shipyard.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:47 am

Podlodka77 wrote:Yes, but it's not all about Ukrainian engines because we can see how much faster were built and commissioned those 20380 corvettes built by Amur shipyard.

Well, you should consider two facts.
    First, Amur has not much more to do rather than 20380s, while Severna is crazy busy with several other programs, while the men&infastructure is not made of rubber.
    Second, they have started 20380s when the technology was already mastered by Severna, and took them ... 12? years to end the first one, while Severna made the very first in about half of that ...
    Now they are just making a serial product, and it shall go faster&smoother any step by now.
    Not that I am trying to defend the Severna at the expense of Amur, but some balance is nice Wink

franco and Hole like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:08 am

ALAMO wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:Yes, but it's not all about Ukrainian engines because we can see how much faster were built and commissioned those 20380 corvettes built by Amur shipyard.

Well, you should consider two facts.
    First, Amur has not much more to do rather than 20380s, while Severna is crazy busy with several other programs, while the men&infastructure is not made of rubber.
    Second, they have started 20380s when the technology was already mastered by Severna, and took them ... 12? years to end the first one, while Severna made the very first in about half of that ...
    Now they are just making a serial product, and it shall go faster&smoother any step by now.
    Not that I am trying to defend the Severna at the expense of Amur, but some balance is nice Wink

Picture bellow is an example of good shipyard and Main building of Sevmash shipyard.
    I am sorry but you are right and you are not right.. why ?
    How many ships were laid down in Amur shipyard last year. Yes, i know that you know the answer because its 3 ships (2 corvettes 20380 and 1 20385 corvette). Severnaya Werf ? Nothing. There is no excuse for that nothing. If they did mastered production of those technologies, as you have mentioned, what the hell happened with Prvovorniy corvette and why is Strogiy not even close to mooring trials. Yes, i know that fire on Prvovorniy could be result of a sabotage or diversion against Russia but.. I could not have critics for SEVMASH, because its a beast of shipyard that leads in the entire World in submarine construction, because thay have delivered three nuclear powered submarines to the RN last year. And those are the guys that are also working on modernization  on the mighty Admiral Nakhimov. But for Severnaya Werf - sorry, i do have a lot of criticizm.
    Severnaya Werf is the biggest mistake of russian military planning and i am glad that they have lost a MONOPOLY thay had in the past and that construction of 22350 class frigates will be split with other shipyards. Russian Naval Construction Plans and Numbers - Page 19 Sevmas10

Last edited by Podlodka77 on Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total

bitch_killer likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:18 am

THE REAL?
    Wow.
    Now you have impressed me respekt
    The a breath .. or two welcome
    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:28 am

Yes, it was mistake and i dont have a problem with that - to admit that it was my mistake. That mistake was fixed, i think.
    I am not not here to try to impress you or anyone else but i am here because i want to write with others about russian military weapons.
    My english is not the best, i agree with you about that that, but i am trying. Maybe your english is better and i could agree with you about that, but for Severnaya Werf - NO. That was pure monopoly from one shipyard and thats over.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:40 am

Podlodka77 wrote:Yes, it was mistake and i dont have a problem with that - to admit that it was my mistake. That mistake was fixed, i think.
    I am not not here to try to impress you or anyone else but i am here because i want to write with others about russian military weapons.
    My english is not the best, i agree with you about that that, but i am trying. Maybe your english is better and i could agree with you about that, but for Severnaya Werf - NO. That was pure monopoly from one shipyard and thats over.

Gee, I was told that my English is too good.
    Who will drink with me for that? welcome Laughing

Seriously: bud, it is not the point. A point is, that a XIX century industrial facade talks nothing about the facility. When you called that "THE REAL", i found it kid of funny. No offence here.
    Krepost
    Krepost

Post  Krepost Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:11 am

Equipping the Russian Navy with ice-class ships will continue
    7 January 2022

Department of Information and Mass Communications of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation wrote:
    Taking into account the active development of the Arctic zone, ensuring the safety of the functioning of the Northern Sea Route and domestic hydrographic research of the Arctic, the most important segment of the naval shipbuilding program, which includes equipping the Russian Navy with icebreaking ships and ice-class support ships, will be among the priority development in 2022 and in the short term.

The High Command of the Russian Navy analyzed the experience of the first years of operation in the Northern Fleet of the newest icebreaker Ilya Muromets.

This experience has fully proved the effectiveness of the characteristics laid down in the design of the icebreaker. The crew of the multifunctional logistic support vessel "Elbrus", which has an ice class, is efficiently fulfilling its tasks. This vessel has proven its ability to efficiently resolve issues of integrated support for the Arctic group.

Currently, the Admiralteyskie Verfi enterprise continues the construction of the Ivan Papanin universal patrol ship of the Arctic zone, and the project 21180M Yevpatiy Kolovrat icebreaker, which is being built in St. Petersburg at the Almaz Shipbuilding Company, will become part of the Russian Navy in 2022 year.

During the design and construction of these ships, a number of domestic innovative solutions have been introduced.

Source: https://structure.mil.ru/structure/forces/navy/news/more.htm?id=12402146@egNews
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:48 am

How many ships were laid down in Amur shipyard last year. Yes, i know that you know the answer because its 3 ships (2 corvettes 20380 and 1 20385 corvette). Severnaya Werf ? Nothing. There is no excuse for that nothing

Ships are laid down based on contracts and orders... they can't just lay down a few extra hulls just in case they get orders for those types of ships... not laying down ships means no contract to lay down ships and nothing more.

Imagine the chaos if they filled the available slots with ships they thought they might be building and the orders for different ships come through...

Laying down a ship means a concrete order and initial payment to cover steel and materials to start making the ship... without that contract nothing happens because nothing can happen... nothing is paid for...

Hole, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

AZ-5
    AZ-5

Post  AZ-5 Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:03 pm

Krepost wrote:Ships that have entered service in the Russian Navy during 2021:

Submarines
    - Knyaz Oleg (Borei Class)
    - Kazan (Yasen Class)
    - Novosibirsk (Yasen Class)
    - Magadan (Kilo Class)

Warhips (with displacment greater than 500T)
    - Grayvoron (Buyan-M Class)
    - Georgy Kurbatov (Alexandrit class minesweeper)

Auxiliaries (with displacement greater than 500T)
    - Vsevolod Bobrov (pr. 12320 logistics ship)
    - Vice Admiral Paromov (pr. 03182 tanker)

Excellent year as far as submarines are concerned.
    Poor year as far as surface warfare ships are concerned. 2020 was much better.
    Some ships did not make it for 2021: Tsiklon (Karakurt class), Sergei Kotov (Bykov class) were close to make it for 2021, but have not finished the sea trials.

2022 is expected to be a banner year:
    - 4 or 5 submarines (Suvorov, Belgorod, Krasnoyarsk, Kronshtadt and Ufa)
    - Adm. Golovko (Gorshkov class)
    - Retivy and Rezky (Steregushy class)
    - Sergei Kotov (Bykov class)
    - Grad (Buyan-M class)
    - Tsiklon and Burya (Karakurt class) perhaps also Askold and Kozelsk
    - Pyotr Ilichev and Anatoly Shlemov (Alexandrit class)
    + many auxiliaries

2021 number on surface fleet are rookie numbers, horrible.
    But 2022 will be very good by RuN standards.

From what I understand Russia is playing catch-up on reserch and development gap between 1990-2010, when they ran on absolute zeroes.
    Maybe after early 2030s RuN will put its bigboy pants (with many destroyers and frigates come in). RnD fruit usually takes over 1 or 2 decades to kick in.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 pm