Israel Air Force introduced a sign for the aircraft participating in the operation to destroy the Syrian reactor in 2007
The original taken from a colleague oleggranovsky in the Israeli Air Force introduced a sign for the aircraft participating in the operation to destroy the Syrian reactor
After 11 years from the date of the bombing of the Syrian nuclear reactor (night 05 / 06.09.07, operation "Mi-Huts le-Kufsa", also "Nigun Shaket" in the Air Force), the Air Force introduced a new sign for the aircraft participating in the operation. Get it F-15I ("Raam") 69th Squadron and F-16I ("Sufa") of the 253rd and 119th squadrons. Two days ago, on 06.09.18, the signage ceremonies were held in parallel in the 69th and 253rd squadrons, at the bases of Khatserim and Ramon, and on September 14, 1818 another ceremony was to be held in the 119th squadron on the basis of Ramon.
Appendix: symbols of victories and operations on Israeli aircraft.
Combat aircraft and helicopters of the Air Force of Israel, having wins in air battles and interceptions, receive special identification marks in the form of symbols of those countries to which the shot down aircraft belonged. Those. Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Jordan and Lebanon (the interception of the UAV "Hezbollah", for example, was denoted by Lebanese signs). There are special signs for other operations. Ordinary bomber and reconnaissance flights do not count, but in the case of special operations, planes receive unique signs for these operations.
A number of well-known examples:
- 4 aircraft P-51D Mustang from the 116th Squadron "Flying Wing" for the participation of these machines in the operation of cutting telephone cables at the beginning of the war in 1956 (29.10.56).
- 8 F-16 for participating in the operation to bomb the Iraqi nuclear reactor in 1981 (07.06.81, operation "Opera" or operation "TAMUZ").
- "Phantoms" for the bombing of Syrian air defense in Lebanon in June 1982 (09.06.82, operation "Artsav-19").
- F-15, bombing the PLO headquarters in Tunis in 1985 (01.10.85, Operation Regel Etz).
- Transport-landing helicopters in the past received signs for participation in special rescue operations, for example, evacuation to hospitals of women in childbirth and search and rescue at sea.
F-16A B/N 107 7 - 6.5 shot down Syrian aircraft and the bombardment mark of the Iraqi nuclear reactor in 1981
F-15D B / N 455 - 1 downed Syrian aircraft and a sign for the bombing of the PLO headquarters in Tunis in 1985.
F-16C B/N 364 - a sign for the interception of the UAV "Hezbollah"
Sign of operation attacks of Syrian air defense in Lebanon on 09.06.18.