Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Turkish military intervention in Syria

nomadski

Re: Turkish military intervention in Syria

Post  nomadski on Sat May 27, 2017 2:59 am

@George1

Does the building of this border wall indicate at least that some in Turkey have come to the firm belief of respect for territorial integrity of Syria ? And if so , I hope this trend continiues . And forces loyal to terrorists can not cross border . I do not see any border guards in position . Turkey and Syria army and syrian kurds can jointly guard border .

Everyone welcomes any genuine attempt by Turkey to fight terrorism . However a point to remember about kurdish advances against terrorists in syria . And Turkish concerns about an independent kurdish state on it's border with Syria . This is a genuine concern . One that affects Iraq and Iran also . And can be a cause of great instability .

The Americans might like such an entity . One that they control . With vast oil reserves in Iraq . A thorn in the side for Iran and Turkey . However this remains a fear and a probability . It is not yet realized . And since kurds offer a strong offense against the terrorists . As long as they fight . Then for now they should advance where they can .

After the takfiri terrorists are defeated . Then all forces must return home . There can be no territorial gain by force . This includes the kurds . I am sure that if they refused . And at that time separatist elements pushed for independent kurdish region . That they will be opposed by countries in the region . Including syria itself and turkey and Iraq and Iran .

But that is for the future . For now the aim should be defeat of terrorists . Backed by monarchist and imperialist forces . Acting against democratic movements in the region .

My personal view .
    George1

Post  George1 on Sat May 27, 2017 7:46 am

nomadski wrote:
    @George1

Does the building of this border wall indicate at least that some in Turkey have come to the firm belief of respect for territorial integrity of Syria ? And if so , I hope this trend continiues . And forces loyal to terrorists can not cross border . I do not see any border guards in position . Turkey and Syria army and syrian kurds can jointly guard border .

i think they made the wall for forces/population disloyal to Turkey from coming in

Airman

Post  Airman on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:16 am

George1 wrote:
    nomadski wrote:
    @George1

i think they made the wall for forces/population disloyal to Turkey from coming in

We are already building a wall.

Airman

Post  Airman on Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:38 pm

Reconstruction in Jarabulus

Airman

Post  Airman on Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:41 pm

First public transportation system in the town of Al-Bab with a new bus coming into service this week.
    https://twitter.com/henrylec1/status/883571768446787586

The Ottoman

Post  The Ottoman on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:55 pm

Al-Nusra Preparing to Confront Turkish Army, Ankara-Backed Militants in Northwestern Syria

TEHRAN (FNA)- The Al-Nusra Front (Tahrir al-Sham Hay'at or the Levant Liberation Board) has started fortifying its Positions near Idlib border with Turkey after the Turkish army dispatched more forces and military equipment to the common borderline, field sources reported Tuesday.

The sources reported that the Al-Nusra Front has been reinvigorating and fortifying its positions in Northern and Western Idlib in recent days, adding that Al-Nusra has deployed hundreds of fighters and military vehicles in Atma'ah, Bab Saqa, Harem and Salqin region and has boosted its defense lines along the border with Turkey.

The sources went on to say that Al-Nusra Front's commanders, deployed in border regions with Turkey, have left the region for an unknown destination along with their family members.

A Turkish media outlet said on Saturday that the Turkish Army was to forward more soldiers and military equipment to the borders with Syria's Idlib province to provide more back up for Ankara-backed militants and monitor truce in the de-escalation zone in Northwestern part of the war-hit country.

The Arabic-language website of Russia's state news agency, Sputnik, quoted a Turkish paper as reporting that the Turkish Army was to dispatch more soldiers and military hardware to its border with Syria in Hatay province to help the Ankara-backed militants and also monitor ceasefire in Idlib de-escalation zone.

In the meantime, another Turkish daily reported that Ankara and the Turkey-backed Free Syrian Army intend to send 25,000 fighters to Idlib to guarantee security in the de-escalation zone.

http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960628000738

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:45 pm