Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Share

    Vann7

    Posts : 3471
    Points : 3583
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  Vann7 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:52 am

    THe war is far from Over.. You have TUrkey that can easily send 50,000 new rebels to Syria to over run aleppo again , then you have in Jordan can do the same in Homs send more rebels.
    The Syrian army is already at is max capabilities , and it do not have the man power to liberate all Syria ,while facing Turkey and Jordan armies pressure under the cover of Rebels. 

    Trump looks like will be blocked from the Presidency , by his own political party ,
    there is a major movement now by CIA ,Obama administration and Mainstream media
    and Senate selling a story that Russia "hacked the elections" to help Trump win.  Shocked

    This means that Russia cannot count on any help from the US side and continue operating
    in Syria as if ,Obama or CLinton will be leading there. Aleppo is huge and there is no liberation at all anywhere. Only the main Urban city zone is cleared. But most of Aleppo district that extend all the way to ALbab and Turkey border ,about 60% or more it is still in control of rebel terrorist. 

    What i will do in case of Syrian army.. create the world biggest trenches in the zones that Syrian army control that are closer to Turkey army... So that Turkey cannot start a fast war from their side. and clear damascus and palmyra as fast as possible , then slowly and very cautious move to western aleppo to capture the zones still under occupation there. 

    In case of Russia i will push IRAN to send 30,000 more force and pressure CHINA do something
    to help Russia other than being lame. If China was in Syria , they could have been put in charge of security Palmyra with 10,000 soldiers and tanks ,while Russia is in Aleppo .  Latakia front needs to be observed carefully too. The key goal for Russia is an attrition war on NATO ,and not the other way. So Syrian army ,just like they did in Palmyra needs to avoid losing major troops numbers and fight only the most easy fights first.
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 711
    Points : 715
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:57 am

    Airman wrote:
    calm wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:TAF F-16 went down 30 minutes ago...

    Good, turkish occupation needs to end.
    Turkish Soldiers torturing a man in the so called #EuphratesShield
    https://twitter.com/DrAriMurad/status/808365844757626880

    Occupation? You stupid Serbian Nationalist ....

    Our Leopard 2 Tank is still alive. You need to find something stronger than ATGM to destroy a Leopard 2A4. Our F-16 crashed because of Technical Failure. I am also sorry to say that, but we will continue to be in Syria.

    Legally speaking it is an Occupation has defined by the word your military wasn't invited by the Syrian government, therefore, they are occupying the country well a part of it.

    Do you have proof the Leopard is still in one piece?

    Also what evidence do you have to support the F-16 crashed for those reasons, spare me a report from turkey also they would never admit it was shot down.

    Also please don't talk like that here, he wasn't wrong in his words you may not like it however that doesn't make him wrong.

    Also spare me Erodogan faked a coup to consolidate power under him had a list of 500 judges alone a day after the "coup". Yeah cause you can gather a list like that in a day. That is just one piece.

    so Turkey has no legs to stand on here, your dictator is a mad man who supports these rats and this is well documented.
    avatar
    Airman

    Posts : 318
    Points : 362
    Join date : 2016-10-15
    Location : Turkey

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  Airman on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:14 am

    You guys don't respect me and You guys don't respect anything about Turkey. You guys are always attacking, attacking and attacking. You guys are attacking Turkey here, but you guys don't see America. They build a country in Syria, but you don't see them. My country doesn't have an aim to divide Syria or to set up a country in Syria but America does this. They did the same in Iraq and the whole World just watched. Now they do the same in Syria, but my country will not be a spectator anymore. Turkey is in Syria because We don't want any PKK/YPG State in Syria. We are now using the Free Syrian Army against Daesh and YPG not Syria Arab Army and its Allies.

    Source about F-16 Crash: http://in.reuters.com/article/turkey-crash-idINKBN14122O
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 711
    Points : 715
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:21 am

    Airman wrote:You guys don't respect me and You guys don't respect anything about Turkey. You guys are always attacking, attacking and attacking. You guys are attacking Turkey here, but you guys don't see America. They build a country in Syria, but you don't see them. My country doesn't have an aim to divide Syria or to set up a country in Syria but America does this. They did the same in Iraq and the whole World just watched. Now they do the same in Syria, but my country will not be a spectator anymore. Turkey is in Syria because We don't want any PKK/YPG State in Syria. We are now using the Free Syrian Army against Daesh and YPG not Syria Arab Army and its Allies.

    Source about F-16 Crash: http://in.reuters.com/article/turkey-crash-idINKBN14122O

    I am in the American military, so yeah. I am partly responsible for some of the diving going on in syria through my actions they where orders.

    Also no one here ever said my country is innocent fuck I'll even say my country isn't innocent.

    REGARDLESS of why they are there they are still occupying, the reason doesn't matter legally speaking they are occupying a part of Syria. That is the fact here.

    Still Turkery has supplied, armed, trained, treated rebels and in the past ISIS. so do not preach moral high ground here, turkery has no more room to stand here then my nation does. They are one of the main reasons this shit is still going on.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3939
    Points : 3966
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:16 am

    Airman wrote:You guys don't respect me and You guys don't respect anything about Turkey. You guys are always attacking, attacking and attacking. You guys are attacking Turkey here, but you guys don't see America. They build a country in Syria, but you don't see them. My country doesn't have an aim to divide Syria or to set up a country in Syria but America does this. They did the same in Iraq and the whole World just watched. Now they do the same in Syria, but my country will not be a spectator anymore. Turkey is in Syria because We don't want any PKK/YPG State in Syria. We are now using the Free Syrian Army against Daesh and YPG not Syria Arab Army and its Allies.

    Source about F-16 Crash: http://in.reuters.com/article/turkey-crash-idINKBN14122O

    "Now"?

    Ok, I'm about to talk to you with all the due respect.

    Turkey has pushed the FSA as early as January 2012, it was already smuggling weapons to Latakia province since June 2011.
    I'm not attacking Turkey, I'm attacking Turkish policy, I don't need to attack America when I'm talking about Turkish invasion of Syria, Turkish terrorism towards Syria and Turkish vile game in Syria, that has caused communities to go against each other.

    I have repeatedly pointed out both problems, US initial plan to destabilize Syria (Wikileaks cable of 2006), I have also explained that Turkey has its own agenda since 2013. Once again, the US in Iraq has nothing to do with Turkey trying to destroy Syria, it has to do with US trying to destroy Syria. "Turkey" (Erdogan) accepted this shameful deal with the devil in 2011, and now you are getting the blowback of it.

    Turkey has NEVER been a spectator in this mess. They only got caught with the hand in the yayik while trying to eat the Syrians' gözleme. Just have some dignity and deal with this in a far less emotional manner.

    You are using the FSA since the beginning, first to attack Assad and then, while the FSA was battered and Russia got in to try and stop the Kurds from controlling Northern Syria. Meanwhile your own Artillery is attacking SAA in Latakia in order to stop them from regaining the border.

    Furthermore, you were deep in Syria trying to conquer a strategic city for the Green Bus Army. That's absolutely preposterous, it's like the Syrians were bombing TSK to help PKK.

    Also the Leopard2A4 has been taken out action with the fighting compartment penetrated and charred. There was talk of one tanker died, apparently it was bogus, however all crew was wounded.

    Vann7

    Posts : 3471
    Points : 3583
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  Vann7 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:49 am

    Airman wrote:You guys don't respect me and You guys don't respect anything about Turkey. You guys are always attacking, attacking and attacking. You guys are attacking Turkey here, but you guys don't see America. They build a country in Syria, but you don't see them. My country doesn't have an aim to divide Syria or to set up a country in Syria but America does this. They did the same in Iraq and the whole World just watched. Now they do the same in Syria, but my country will not be a spectator anymore. Turkey is in Syria because We don't want any PKK/YPG State in Syria. We are now using the Free Syrian Army against Daesh and YPG not Syria Arab Army and its Allies.

    Source about F-16 Crash: http://in.reuters.com/article/turkey-crash-idINKBN14122O


    United States and Turkey governments are directly responsible for the terrorism in Syria.
    The difference here is ,that Erdogan do not have to follow the orders of Americans . Without Turkey Government support ISIS ,neither Alqaeda or any other terrorist group will be in Syria.
    Because Turkey is the major supply line of all the terror organizations , including FSA,ISIS,ALqaeda ,and many others ,that hide behind funny names like "moderates" and 
    "democratic" to justify providing weapons to them..

    Turkey is in an illegal war against Syria and is NOT fighting terrorism. ERdogan is only fighting 
    Syrian army by not allowing them to close the border to the terrorist that freely cross the border with supplies and weapons. Russia exposed Turkey government oil business with ISIS. Norway a NATO member also released a report with the prices of oil ,that ERdogan sells Stolen oil from Syria with ISIS help. So Erdogan is a war criminal ,a terrorist . This is not attack against Turkey citizens ,but attack against Erdogan ,that is a monster. and is responsible largely for Syria losing so much territory to Terrorist. Because AGAIN the supply line of any Rebel group in northern Syria does not come from space, it comes from TUrkey. If ERdogan close the border to ANY rebel/terror group inside Turkey ..not in syria ,then the war will be over in a two or three months because Terrorist will not longer have fuel ,or munitions to continue fighting or food.
    So Turkey is the key player , the most valuable player for the terrorist in Syria ,because the major terrorist forces comes from Turkey. So you are wrong Erdogan is NOT fighting ISIS..
    this is what he claims to justify to invade Syria. He is only fighting Kurds and Block Syrian army from closing the border from its side ,because Turkey army is there with terrorist FSA blocking Syrian army to travel in their own nation and territory.

    This is why Erdogan blocks any media or news paper not aligned with the government lies..
    because it expose their criminal war in Syria. All NATO major powers US,UK,France and Turkey
    but also Israel and Saudi Arabia and Qatar are directly responsible for the terrorism in Syria. However Turkey is the most important player of all ,because its the main supply line to ISIS and Alqaeda and many other Rebels groups fighting Syrian army and killing civilians.
     and Erdogan himself told the only reason he was in Syria was to overthrow Assad. So please explain me for what Reasons is legal Turkey invasion on Syria?  Syria is allied with Russia and Erdogan interference will only provoke a war between Russia,IRAN and Syria against Turkey ,if start openly attacking Syrian army or if refuse to leave Syria when demanded to do it.. because Syria is not turkey , and turkey have no right to be in Syria to over throw Assad as Erdogan claimed.

    Vann7

    Posts : 3471
    Points : 3583
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  Vann7 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:09 am

    [size=44]Syrian Army drives ISIS back from T-4 Airbase perimeter in eastern Homs[/size]






    As reported earlier, the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) and allied forces managed to thwart the first attack by terrorists of the so-called "Islamic State of Iraq and Syria" (ISIS) on T-4 Military Airport in the eastern part of Homs province.

    A military source told Al-Masdar News that government forces, in close coordination with Syrian Arab Air Force (SyAAF) and Russian Aerospace Forces (RuAF), drove the jihadists back from eastern and southern outskirts of the aforementioned military installation.

    The source added, that the SAA managed to push ISIS groups back to a distance of about 7 km to the east and to the south, and about 5 km to the north of the airbase. The main aim of this counterattack was to set up a new defensive perimeter around the base ahead of another ISIS assault.



    Furthermore, multiple reports indicate arrival of the reinforcements in the area that were sent there in order to secure the strategic military airport. The government forces prepare a major counteroffensive which is expected to begin once ISIS advance is ultimately forestalled.






    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1348
    Points : 1350
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  calm on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:01 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:Here, watch in HD how these paid scumbags started this war:

    must watch

    and
    He is still alive!
    https://www.facebook.com/AleppoGallery/


    Great short documentary about 9 Days in 2012 #Aleppo from a window of #Syria photographer Issa Touma,

    it shows change in "revolution" in just 9 day.. First day they were students, but soon after came unknown people with beards..

    It also shows the nature of some people.. The same one who helped rebels to build CP, later when gov. came helped to destroy them.

    Whole "revolution" summed into 13 minutes of greatness..
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3939
    Points : 3966
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:33 pm

    Ok bitchez hold on your pants now, IS has hit 2 Leo2's with Konkurs/Kornet, with at least one total penetration.

    https://twitter.com/Ald_Aba/status/808632770528419840

    You can see first Leo hit on basket and second hit on basket as well with start of secondary on the second Leo2.

    Courtesy of Aldin (who has gone awol on us).

    https://twitter.com/Ald_Aba/status/808634359595077632

    Second tweet shows secondary.

    Well there's goes Uberwaffe Leopard.
    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1348
    Points : 1350
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  calm on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:39 pm

    Airman wrote:Occupation? You stupid Serbian Nationalist ....

    Our Leopard 2 Tank is still alive. You need to find something stronger than ATGM to destroy a Leopard 2A4. Our F-16 crashed because of Technical Failure. I am also sorry to say that, but we will continue to be in Syria.

    Why you're insulting me?
    My country was occupied by your country, My ancestors were persecuted, they were kidnapped and forcibly displaced from one location to another. Turkey started to look different from 2003 to 2010. But after that they're back on old track, of war and occupation. And you suppot it. It is going to end same as before. Get the hell out of another country, leave them alone.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5744
    Points : 5848
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:44 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:Ok bitchez hold on your pants now, IS has hit 2 Leo2's with Konkurs/Kornet, with at least one total penetration.

    ................


    Immature I know, but this always puts me in stitches... lol1 lol1 lol1
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5744
    Points : 5848
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:46 pm

    calm wrote:
    Airman wrote:Occupation? You stupid Serbian Nationalist ....

    Our Leopard 2 Tank is still alive. You need to find something stronger than ATGM to destroy a Leopard 2A4. Our F-16 crashed because of Technical Failure. I am also sorry to say that, but we will continue to be in Syria.

    Why you're insulting me?
    My country was occupied by your country, My ancestors were persecuted, they were kidnapped and forcibly displaced from one location to another. Turkey started to look different from 2003 to 2010. But after that they're back on old track, of war and occupation. And you suppot it. It is going to end same as before. Get the hell out of another country, leave them alone.

    One thing I noticed about Turks from interacting with them on forums is that they are all triggered faster than a landmine.   Cool
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3939
    Points : 3966
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:51 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Ok bitchez hold on your pants now, IS has hit 2 Leo2's with Konkurs/Kornet, with at least one total penetration.

    ................


    Immature I know, but this always puts me in stitches... lol1 lol1 lol1

    To be honest I really start to fear the power of the Konkurs(it hs been stated from IS this was "Konkors")...That thing is nasty.

    If these guys weren't backwards members of a death cult, they would be perfect test operators.
    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1348
    Points : 1350
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  calm on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:00 pm

    Airman
    There is no defense line, but a defense territory, and that territory is the whole of the motherland. Not even an inch of the motherland may be abandoned without being soaked in the blood of her citizens...


    And here you are, invading someone else motherland. Unless you're the one of the Turks considering Aleppo as Turkish land(motherland)...

    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1348
    Points : 1350
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  calm on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:02 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    calm wrote:
    Airman wrote:Occupation? You stupid Serbian Nationalist ....

    Our Leopard 2 Tank is still alive. You need to find something stronger than ATGM to destroy a Leopard 2A4. Our F-16 crashed because of Technical Failure. I am also sorry to say that, but we will continue to be in Syria.

    Why you're insulting me?
    My country was occupied by your country, My ancestors were persecuted, they were kidnapped and forcibly displaced from one location to another. Turkey started to look different from 2003 to 2010. But after that they're back on old track, of war and occupation. And you suppot it. It is going to end same as before. Get the hell out of another country, leave them alone.

    One thing I noticed about Turks from interacting with them on forums is that they are all triggered faster than a landmine.   Cool



    no more politeness from me
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3939
    Points : 3966
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:03 pm

    calm wrote:Airman
    There is no defense line, but a defense territory, and that territory is the whole of the motherland. Not even an inch of the motherland may be abandoned without being soaked in the blood of her citizens...


    And here you are, invading someone else motherland. Unless you're the one of the Turks considering Aleppo as Turkish land(motherland)...


    Well their current motherland wasn't theirs to begin with so...
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2205
    Points : 2221
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  KiloGolf on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:11 pm



    Look at the Turks exposing both of their MBTs as foolishly as that. All facing and firing at one direction. Frankly they'd be better off using heavy mortar or field arty fire than direct tank fire like that.  Their situational awareness ''level Arab Army'' unlocked.

    Also their entrenching skills compete with SAA/NDF, stand on top of exposed hill, leave a sector wide open to ATGMs, see what happens lol1
    1 day in deploying Leo 2s and got them trashed straight away.


    Last edited by KiloGolf on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1348
    Points : 1350
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  calm on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:13 pm

    Back to Syria.

    One more pocket down.
    1,500 militants have handed over their weapons to SAA and have their cases settled as reconciliation process begins in Kanakir, Damascus


    And bad news
    E. #Homs: #ISIS close to besiege #Tiyas Airbase after takeover of strategic Tiyas crossroad (red circle) between the Airbase & Al-Qaryatayn.

    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3939
    Points : 3966
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:17 pm

    Can't fault the Turks for being undermanned. The decision to insert only a token force on a ground op, is the cause for all this. They're doing things by the book, while this is highly irregular warfare, with IS understanding totally the value of Soviet ATGM's (I need to shower myself after saying this) and the value of tactical mobility.

    Isis is just pulling a page out of the Toyota Wars, Turkey trying to cope with overwhelming tactical firepower.

    And despite these losses they are advancing.
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2205
    Points : 2221
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  KiloGolf on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:26 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:Can't fault the Turks for being undermanned. The decision to insert only a token force on a ground op, is the cause for all this. They're doing things by the book, while this is highly irregular warfare, with IS understanding totally the value of Soviet ATGM's (I need to shower myself after saying this) and the value of tactical mobility.

    Isis is just pulling a page out of the Toyota Wars, Turkey trying to cope with overwhelming tactical firepower.

    And despite these losses they are advancing.

    That Leo 2 positioning is far from what the book says. Concerning the rest, sure they are advancing because they are simply buying off their old allies. Some IS hardliners do indeed give them a hard time (i.e. these videos) but most of their ops was an easy transition, walk in the park really. The turco-FSA occupied areas were hardly won by valiant battles against IS. Al Bab is their first real battle and they're yet to win it.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3939
    Points : 3966
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:39 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Can't fault the Turks for being undermanned. The decision to insert only a token force on a ground op, is the cause for all this. They're doing things by the book, while this is highly irregular warfare, with IS understanding totally the value of Soviet ATGM's (I need to shower myself after saying this) and the value of tactical mobility.

    Isis is just pulling a page out of the Toyota Wars, Turkey trying to cope with overwhelming tactical firepower.

    And despite these losses they are advancing.

    That Leo 2 positioning is far from what the book says. Concerning the rest, sure they are advancing because they are simply buying off their old allies. Some IS hardliners do indeed give them a hard time (i.e. these videos) but most of their ops was an easy transition, walk in the park really. The turco-FSA occupied areas were hardly won by valiant battles against IS. Al Bab is their first real battle and they're yet to win it.


    Disclaimer: I'm about to praise IS, against my will and against all that is sacred, but credit is given where credit is due.

    What you're seeing is IS fixing a Turkish position which is working very well until that point (one tank faces the arc of fire, the other plays the pendulum going back and forth firing).

    IS has fixed that platoon (I guess this platoon lost the 3rd tank yesterday that's why they're only two in the fight) and just moved around and hit/killed both tanks with ATGM.

    Also it is true that the Turks had a plan and so DID IS. IS knows the Turks can't go too far inside Syria and they can't move many troops as well. So the retreat when they can and strike when they can, then comes Turkish firepower and actual interest which is more blocking the Kurds, than fighting ISIS.

    So yes it's a clusterfuck and Turkish leadership is responsible for this.
    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1348
    Points : 1350
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  calm on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:44 pm

    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2205
    Points : 2221
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  KiloGolf on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:48 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Can't fault the Turks for being undermanned. The decision to insert only a token force on a ground op, is the cause for all this. They're doing things by the book, while this is highly irregular warfare, with IS understanding totally the value of Soviet ATGM's (I need to shower myself after saying this) and the value of tactical mobility.

    Isis is just pulling a page out of the Toyota Wars, Turkey trying to cope with overwhelming tactical firepower.

    And despite these losses they are advancing.

    That Leo 2 positioning is far from what the book says. Concerning the rest, sure they are advancing because they are simply buying off their old allies. Some IS hardliners do indeed give them a hard time (i.e. these videos) but most of their ops was an easy transition, walk in the park really. The turco-FSA occupied areas were hardly won by valiant battles against IS. Al Bab is their first real battle and they're yet to win it.


    Disclaimer: I'm about to praise IS, against my will and against all that is sacred, but credit is given where credit is due.

    What you're seeing is IS fixing a Turkish position which is working very well until that point (one tank faces the arc of fire, the other plays the pendulum going back and forth firing).

    IS has fixed that platoon (I guess this platoon lost the 3rd tank yesterday that's why they're only two in the fight) and just moved around and hit/killed both tanks with ATGM.

    Also it is true that the Turks had a plan and so DID IS. IS knows the Turks can't go too far inside Syria and they can't move many troops as well. So the retreat when they can and strike when they can, then comes Turkish firepower and actual interest which is more blocking the Kurds, than fighting ISIS.

    So yes it's a clusterfuck and Turkish leadership is responsible for this.

    I've seen a video of that position working very well. But the whole point is to use a position, fire a few down range, repeat a few times. Then get the f out of there. This camping of theirs is unacceptable and a mistake.

    PS. I agree IS are well-seasoned devil dogs, the Turks are inexperienced noobs in this 5-year conflict.


    Last edited by KiloGolf on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3939
    Points : 3966
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:50 pm

    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2205
    Points : 2221
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  KiloGolf on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:52 pm


    Yeah I'm not impressed either. dunno

    Sponsored content

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #11

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:40 pm