Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Share

    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2130
    Points : 2245
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  higurashihougi on Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:45 am

    My condolence to Cuban people. May Fidel Rest in Peace.

    https://sputniknews.com/world/201611261047860407-fidel-castro-died/

    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5630
    Points : 6283
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  Viktor on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:28 am

    He was one of the finest, humanity has created yes sir

    Hasta Siempre Comandante Smile

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3388
    Points : 3431
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:58 am

    A real man of the people.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3599
    Points : 3634
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:56 pm

    Hasta Siem barbudo. It wont be the same.without you. My day is officially fu.

    whir
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 813
    Points : 852
    Join date : 2015-04-27

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  whir on Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:26 pm

    Unbelievable, RIP.

    TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1528
    Points : 1691
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  TheArmenian on Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:05 pm

    Hasta siempre Comandante

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2543
    Points : 2676
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  kvs on Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:46 pm

    The end of an era. May he rest in peace.

    I hope Cuba does not get flushed down the toilet like Venezuela and Ukraine.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3685
    Points : 3797
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:38 pm


    Rest in peace comandante yes sir

    They all tried to get him and he outlived every single one of them.

    Game Over. Winner: FidelC

    VladimirSahin
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 366
    Points : 386
    Join date : 2013-11-29
    Age : 25
    Location : Some redneck state in the US.

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  VladimirSahin on Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:46 pm

    Rest in peace mi amigo, a true legend.

    Godric
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 392
    Points : 406
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  Godric on Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:31 pm

    RIP Comandante ... retook his country from the US mafia who used/abused the island as a rich man's paradise who almost wiped out the island's ecology and thanks to Fidel he saved the island paradise's ecology

    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1304
    Points : 1326
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:35 pm

    A great leader until the fall of USSR, RIP.

    But I'm not going to pretend I ever approved of his politics and policies. He was a communist that learnt very little after 1991. His country is weak, his military power and ability has eroded since the fall of the Soviet Union. Cuba is in terrible shape.

    whir
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 813
    Points : 852
    Join date : 2015-04-27

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  whir on Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:37 pm

    kvs wrote:I hope Cuba does not get flushed down the toilet like Venezuela and Ukraine.
    Surely not by people detached from reality like those celebrating today.

    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1304
    Points : 1326
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:47 pm

    whir wrote:
    kvs wrote:I hope Cuba does not get flushed down the toilet like Venezuela and Ukraine.
    Surely not by people detached from reality like those celebrating today.

    Or those that celebrated Raul's and Obama's restoring relations last year. Russia left Cuba a decade or so ago. Cuba will become a US ally sooner or later. Like Venezuala too. Russia refused to play ball in either of those places (seems like ball is played in Ukraine now, far far away from USA).

    whir
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 813
    Points : 852
    Join date : 2015-04-27

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  whir on Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:45 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:Or those that celebrated Raul's and Obama's restoring relations last year. Russia left Cuba a decade or so ago. Cuba will become a US ally sooner or later. Like Venezuala too. Russia refused to play ball in either of those places (seems like ball is played in Ukraine now, far far away from USA).
    It's not the same not being hostile like for example Dominican Republic and becoming the next Puerto Rico.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3599
    Points : 3634
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:24 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    whir wrote:
    kvs wrote:I hope Cuba does not get flushed down the toilet like Venezuela and Ukraine.
    Surely not by people detached from reality like those celebrating today.

    Or those that celebrated Raul's and Obama's restoring relations last year. Russia left Cuba a decade or so ago. Cuba will become a US ally sooner or later. Like Venezuala too. Russia refused to play ball in either of those places (seems like ball is played in Ukraine now, far far away from USA).

    Cuba could become more than an ally, the problem is that with the new administration at the white house, Cuba isn't getting any closer to the US, so you can all breathe freely, 4 more years of May parades and under-priced vacations.

    On the long run, Cuba is important only because it is different, once it gets done it will be left to rot for more pressing issues. And this many Cubans know...

    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1304
    Points : 1326
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:43 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    whir wrote:
    kvs wrote:I hope Cuba does not get flushed down the toilet like Venezuela and Ukraine.
    Surely not by people detached from reality like those celebrating today.

    Or those that celebrated Raul's and Obama's restoring relations last year. Russia left Cuba a decade or so ago. Cuba will become a US ally sooner or later. Like Venezuala too. Russia refused to play ball in either of those places (seems like ball is played in Ukraine now, far far away from USA).

    Cuba could become more than an ally, the problem is that with the new administration at the white house, Cuba isn't getting any closer to the US, so you can all breathe freely, 4 more years of May parades and under-priced vacations.

    On the long run, Cuba is important only because it is different, once it gets done it will be left to rot for more pressing issues. And this many Cubans know...

    I wouldn't rule out Raul paying a visit to Trump tower sometime soon. I don't trust that he's pursuing Cuba's national interest as much as Fidel did. Cuba was a great opportunity for Russia between 2002 and 2014, to establish bases and so on. They missed that opportunity now. Hell they cut and run from it. Same in Vietnam.

    OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 817
    Points : 836
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 21
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  OminousSpudd on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:53 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    whir wrote:
    kvs wrote:I hope Cuba does not get flushed down the toilet like Venezuela and Ukraine.
    Surely not by people detached from reality like those celebrating today.

    Or those that celebrated Raul's and Obama's restoring relations last year. Russia left Cuba a decade or so ago. Cuba will become a US ally sooner or later. Like Venezuala too. Russia refused to play ball in either of those places (seems like ball is played in Ukraine now, far far away from USA).

    Cuba could become more than an ally, the problem is that with the new administration at the white house, Cuba isn't getting any closer to the US, so you can all breathe freely, 4 more years of May parades and under-priced vacations.

    On the long run, Cuba is important only because it is different, once it gets done it will be left to rot for more pressing issues. And this many Cubans know...

    I wouldn't rule out Raul paying a visit to Trump tower sometime soon. I don't trust that he's pursuing Cuba's national interest as much as Fidel did. Cuba was a great opportunity for Russia between 2002 and 2014, to establish bases and so on. They missed that opportunity now. Hell they cut and run from it. Same in Vietnam.
    It would have been incredibly incendiary of Russia to set up shop in Cuba at any point in the 21st century, only now should such inflammatory action be considered. Geopolitical suicide is not Russia's forte.

    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1304
    Points : 1326
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:55 pm

    OminousSpudd wrote:It would have been incredibly incendiary of Russia to set up shop in Cuba at any point in the 21st century, only now should such inflammatory action be considered. Geopolitical suicide is not Russia's forte.

    Not more inflammatory than the current US missions and deployments in Latvia and Estonia, right on the border with Russia proper. Also if one example of geopolitical suicide can be remembered, on behalf of Russia, it's allowing the US to setup shop (meaning military bases, tanks and so on) a few kilometers from major Russian population centers, less than 20 years after being forced to withdraw their forces from these two countries.


    Last edited by KiloGolf on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

    OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 817
    Points : 836
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 21
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  OminousSpudd on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:58 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:It would have been incredibly incendiary of Russia to set up shop in Cuba at any point in the 21st century, only now should such inflammatory action be considered. Geopolitical suicide is not Russia's forte.

    Not more inflammatory than the current US missions and deployments in Latvia, right on the border with Russia.
    The game doesn't work both ways. You know that.

    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1304
    Points : 1326
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:00 pm

    OminousSpudd wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:It would have been incredibly incendiary of Russia to set up shop in Cuba at any point in the 21st century, only now should such inflammatory action be considered. Geopolitical suicide is not Russia's forte.

    Not more inflammatory than the current US missions and deployments in Latvia, right on the border with Russia.
    The game doesn't work both ways. You know that.

    Well if that's the case, non-participation, then one looses the game from the start.

    OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 817
    Points : 836
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 21
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  OminousSpudd on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:09 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:It would have been incredibly incendiary of Russia to set up shop in Cuba at any point in the 21st century, only now should such inflammatory action be considered. Geopolitical suicide is not Russia's forte.

    Not more inflammatory than the current US missions and deployments in Latvia, right on the border with Russia.
    The game doesn't work both ways. You know that.

    Well if that's the case, non-participation, then one looses the game from the start.
    The US is the pigeon that shits on the board. No matter how many times you throw a tantrum, chuck the pieces across the room, beat up your opponent, the game will still be there.
    Non-participation is precisely not what Russia is doing, avoiding conventional warfare with an enemy that has exponentially greater power projection and is willing to pull the trigger at the drop of hat is called strategy. Re-building foreign relations (not just on a government level, but on a you and me basis) to the point the entirety of the West is slowly but surely realizing they do not have a leg to stand on when it comes to calling Russia the "aggressor", that's called strategy.

    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1304
    Points : 1326
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:11 pm

    OminousSpudd wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:It would have been incredibly incendiary of Russia to set up shop in Cuba at any point in the 21st century, only now should such inflammatory action be considered. Geopolitical suicide is not Russia's forte.

    Not more inflammatory than the current US missions and deployments in Latvia, right on the border with Russia.
    The game doesn't work both ways. You know that.

    Well if that's the case, non-participation, then one looses the game from the start.
    The US is the pigeon that shits on the board. No matter how many times you throw a tantrum, chuck the pieces across the room, beat up your opponent, the game will still be there.
    Non-participation is precisely not what Russia is doing, avoiding conventional warfare with an enemy that has exponentially greater power projection and is willing to pull the trigger at the drop of hat is called strategy. Re-building foreign relations (not just on a government level, but on a you and me basis) to the point the entirety of the West is slowly but surely realizing they do not have a leg to stand on when it comes to calling Russia the "aggressor", that's called strategy.

    I'm a pessimist, and I go for the worst case scenario for Russia here. Right now, as I see it, the death of Fidel is basically one more obstacle gone between the rapprochement of USA and Cuba.

    AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1150
    Points : 1163
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  AlfaT8 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:22 pm

    Adios Commandant, nunca olvides.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3599
    Points : 3634
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:00 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    whir wrote:
    kvs wrote:I hope Cuba does not get flushed down the toilet like Venezuela and Ukraine.
    Surely not by people detached from reality like those celebrating today.

    Or those that celebrated Raul's and Obama's restoring relations last year. Russia left Cuba a decade or so ago. Cuba will become a US ally sooner or later. Like Venezuala too. Russia refused to play ball in either of those places (seems like ball is played in Ukraine now, far far away from USA).

    Cuba could become more than an ally, the problem is that with the new administration at the white house, Cuba isn't getting any closer to the US, so you can all breathe freely, 4 more years of May parades and under-priced vacations.

    On the long run, Cuba is important only because it is different, once it gets done it will be left to rot for more pressing issues. And this many Cubans know...

    I wouldn't rule out Raul paying a visit to Trump tower sometime soon. I don't trust that he's pursuing Cuba's national interest as much as Fidel did. Cuba was a great opportunity for Russia between 2002 and 2014, to establish bases and so on. They missed that opportunity now. Hell they cut and run from it. Same in Vietnam.

    From a short term perspective Raul is indeed trying to milk the US out tourists, the problem will happen when big names like Fourpoints, W, SLHOW etc will pour in many aspects of that will change. Double down with MickeyD's and other such "light industry" outlets and you'll have huge issues. Yuuuuge.

    But it is the way of the world, the only possibility is for Cuba to go all Chinese (as in the Chinese model) and create chains and brands before the US chains and brands come in.

    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1304
    Points : 1326
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  KiloGolf on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:32 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:From a short term perspective Raul is indeed trying to milk the US out tourists, the problem will happen when big names like Fourpoints, W, SLHOW etc will pour in many aspects of that will change. Double down with MickeyD's and other such "light industry" outlets and you'll have huge issues. Yuuuuge.

    But it is the way of the world, the only possibility is for Cuba to go all Chinese (as in the Chinese model) and create chains and brands before the US chains and brands come in.

    Americans are lucky to switch from trashy Mexican cigars and horrible local rum to the likes of Cohiba and Havana Club.


    Sponsored content

    Re: Fidel Castro passed away at age of 90

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:23 pm


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:23 pm