Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Economy General News: #8

    Share
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16861
    Points : 17469
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  GarryB on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:10 am

    So many people here seem to think that if Putin isn't destroying the west then he is not doing his job.

    His job is to look after the interests of Russia... not to be anyones friend.

    At the end of the day the EU and the US will still be there and there will need to be some sort of trade relationship.

    In any marriage breakup you can be pissy and do everything to hurt your former partner, and you might feel justified in doing that, but unless you have them killed you are still going to see them every time you pick up the kids.

    Putin could stick the boot in, but what would Russia get with that? Escalation benefits no one... eye for an eye and we all end up blind.

    Putin has been applying measured responses to quite frankly irrational steps taken by the west and Russia has benefited by his choices.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3251
    Points : 3374
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  kvs on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:55 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:Its funny because EU is pissed off at US as of right now anyway and adding this to it will piss them off even further.  Russia can shrug its shoulder on this because it is the US attempt to force Europe to obtain gas from Russia via Ukraine.  Instead, Russia said it will limit its flow or stop it at Ukraine because of Ukraines actions.  So instead, it forces EU to purchase US gas but due to it being expensive, they will try to find other methods and at same time may tell the US to collectively screw itself.  Already they are doing so.

    BTW, the Austrian company involved in the Nord Stream 2 project is fully owned by Gazprom.  So chances are, they will do the funding themselves and end up being built anyway.

    EU-tardia is trying hard to shoot itself in the head. Russia is giving it charity by even bothering to sell natural gas to it and for a discount!

    The completion of the pipeline to China and the construction of more LNG plants will be game over for EU-tardia. Russia will tell it to go and eat
    LNG cake and if it does not want Russian gas because Banderites in Kiev are so precious, then Russia could care less. EU-tard apartchiks think
    they can corner Russia through all sorts of dirty tricks. This should be recognized as part of an endemic mental disease in the west given
    the centuries of such retardation vis a vis Russia that they exhibit.
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3251
    Points : 3374
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  kvs on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:58 pm

    GarryB wrote:So many people here seem to think that if Putin isn't destroying the west then he is not doing his job.

    His job is to look after the interests of Russia... not to be anyones friend.

    At the end of the day the EU and the US will still be there and there will need to be some sort of trade relationship.

    In any marriage breakup you can be pissy and do everything to hurt your former partner, and you might feel justified in doing that, but unless you have them killed you are still going to see them every time you pick up the kids.

    Putin could stick the boot in, but what would Russia get with that? Escalation benefits no one... eye for an eye and we all end up blind.

    Putin has been applying measured responses to quite frankly irrational steps taken by the west and Russia has benefited by his choices.

    Putin is not perfect. He also does not have full freedom to do what he wants. In the case of the CBR his toleration for Nabiullina, and her
    extortion interest rate policy that is directly shrinking Russia's GDP and undermining Russian asset prices, is a strategic failure. Putin does
    not need to kiss NATO a** that hard to engage it.

    Austin

    Posts : 6432
    Points : 6833
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  Austin on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:27 pm

    Putin: Russian gold and currency reserves reached $ 407 billion due to weak government debt TASS

    The volume of Russia's international reserves reached $ 407 billion due to weak government debt. This statement was made by Russian President Vladimir Putin at a meeting with the heads of major foreign companies and business associations in the SPIEF fields.

    "We have at the beginning of the year was $ 370 billion foreign exchange reserves, now $ 407 billion foreign exchange reserves, and it is against the background of a sufficiently low external debt, somewhere around 12-13%," - said Putin. According to him, the current account Russia quite balanced at the moment, and his condition is improving, growing Russian reserve funds.


    In Russia, the favorable conditions are being created, "to work quietly in Russia, to develop their business," he added. Power pay attention to the country's position in the world rankings, monitoring the situation with the business climate in the whole country, and in some regions. "And in general, I would say modestly, something that turns out", - he said.

    Thanks to this work five times increased inflow of foreign investments in the Russian economy in 2016 -. From $ 6.8 billion to $ 33 billion, "In general, we are seeing good momentum, but, of course, this is totally inadequate. That's why we have to collect similar events together to discuss what more can be done to ensure that the work of foreign business to your work efficiency, profitability, and that it contributed to the development of the Russian economy ", - the president said to the participants of the meeting.

    Austin

    Posts : 6432
    Points : 6833
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  Austin on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:28 pm

    Central Bank is ready to increase reserves to $ 500 billion with stable inflation and ruble TASS

    The Bank of Russia is ready to build up international reserves to $ 500 billion, but only under favorable economic situation, said today in the State Duma Chairman of the Central Bank Elvira Nabiullina. "We talked about our long-term objectives: under favorable conditions, we are ready to increase our safety cushion up to $ 500 billion, but only with full confidence in the stability of inflation and stability in the currency market.", - she said.

    Now (26 May), the volume of international reserves of the Central Bank - $ 406.1 billion the maximum amount of -. Almost $ 600 billion - they reached in August 2008, the value of more than $ 500 billion last time was in January 2014

    Austin

    Posts : 6432
    Points : 6833
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  Austin on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:30 pm

    Nabiullina spoke about the impact of sanctions on the Russian economy RIA News

    The impact of sanctions on the Russian economy is greatly exaggerated, says chairman of the Bank of Russia Elvira Nabiullina. "The causes of the recession, yes, there is a role of sanctions, but we believe that this effect is greatly exaggerated, it is now almost come to naught", - she said during a speech in the State Duma.

    Nabiullina added that Russia has adapted to life in conditions of sanctions, the necessary infrastructure was created, and the banking sector has been able to replace those credits to enterprises, which they received earlier from abroad.

    "You forgot about another factor - oil, which was influenced by the slowdown - oil decline, of course. But our economy is indeed already adapted to live in the oil price conditions, those that exist now. And it happened during these two years here. It is difficult to happen, but it happened, "- added the chairman of the Central Bank.

    According to the regulator estimated that economic growth above the current 1.5-2% needed structural changes.


    "What can and does the Central Bank on its part. We need to ensure stability - price stability and financial stability, there is no growth without stability, and we were. The second - the financial sector to finance the economy, different sectors of the economy that had been in the country long-term money. Reducing inflation - one of the conditions for long-term funds are insufficient - it should decrease the risks run pension funds, insurance funds, the availability of credit to SMEs ", - added Nabiullina.
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3251
    Points : 3374
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  kvs on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:29 pm

    Austin wrote:Nabiullina spoke about the impact of sanctions on the Russian economy RIA News

    The impact of sanctions on the Russian economy is greatly exaggerated, says chairman of the Bank of Russia Elvira Nabiullina. "The causes of the recession, yes, there is a role of sanctions, but we believe that this effect is greatly exaggerated, it is now almost come to naught", - she said during a speech in the State Duma.

    Nabiullina added that Russia has adapted to life in conditions of sanctions, the necessary infrastructure was created, and the banking sector has been able to replace those credits to enterprises, which they received earlier from abroad.

    "You forgot about another factor - oil, which was influenced by the slowdown - oil decline, of course. But our economy is indeed already adapted to live in the oil price conditions, those that exist now. And it happened during these two years here. It is difficult to happen, but it happened, "- added the chairman of the Central Bank.

    According to the regulator estimated that economic growth above the current 1.5-2% needed structural changes.


    "What can and does the Central Bank on its part. We need to ensure stability - price stability and financial stability, there is no growth without stability, and we were. The second - the financial sector to finance the economy, different sectors of the economy that had been in the country long-term money. Reducing inflation - one of the conditions for long-term funds are insufficient - it should decrease the risks run pension funds, insurance funds, the availability of credit to SMEs ", - added Nabiullina.

    Excessive interest rates increase inflation! So this witch can't claim the credit for price stability. She invokes the trope about
    "structural changes" that I have been hearing for over 20 years. Actually, a prime rate around 2-3% is what is needed to
    produce GDP growth above 2%. The rubbish about "structural changes" is newspeak for central planning. Given that official
    inflation is around 4% there is no excuse for the CBR to keep the prime rate above 10%. At the very least the prime rate should be
    set to 4% as there is no indication of any inflation instability since March of 2015.

    Austin

    Posts : 6432
    Points : 6833
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  Austin on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:16 am

    Senate Overwhelmingly Approves New Sanctions To "Punish" Russia

    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-14/senate-overwhelmingly-approves-new-sanctions-punish-russia

    The sanctions against Russia are “in response to the violation of the territorial integrity of the Ukraine and Crimea, its brazen cyber-attacks and interference in elections, and its continuing aggression in Syria,” according to the deal's sponsors.

    The amendment also allows “broad new sanctions on key sectors of Russia’s economy, including mining, metals, shipping and railways” and authorizes “robust assistance to strengthen democratic institutions and counter disinformation across Central and Eastern European countries that are vulnerable to Russian aggression and interference.”

    New sanctions would be imposed on “corrupt Russian actors” and those “involved in serious human rights abuses,” anyone supplying weapons to the Syrian government or working with Russian defense industry or intelligence, as well as “those conducting malicious cyber activity on behalf of the Russian government” and “those involved in corrupt privatization of state-owned assets.”
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1559
    Points : 1559
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:29 am

    I think you need to stop flooding this board with this nonsense. There are other areas to post rhis. Also, senate passed it but the president has to sign it. As well, discussion can be had when and if there are any actual effects. Since Russia doesn't seem to care, I don't think you need to keep flooding this board.

    Austin

    Posts : 6432
    Points : 6833
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  Austin on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:41 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:I think you need to stop flooding this board with this nonsense. There are other areas to post rhis. Also, senate passed it but the president has to sign it. As well, discussion can be had when and if there are any actual effects. Since Russia doesn't seem to care, I don't think you need to keep flooding this board.

    Russia does care , so I am posting it as new updates keep coming.

    We are yet to hear any official response.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1559
    Points : 1559
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:20 pm

    I'm glad you can speak on behalf of Putin and the rest of his nation, even though you can't read or write Russian.

    Have you noticed that since Sanctions, Russia hasn't budged an inch? It is because they know, and as said by Putin, these sanctions are a double edge sword. EU lost over $100B while Russia lost $50B. While they don't want sanctions, they also do not care how EU and US are going about it. Already the Russians, after the mention of these sanctions, agreed to increase the SAA combat capabilities.

    Actions speak louder than words Austin. You will understand that one day. So far, Russia's actions were actions that work for Russia, not some oligarch and his pocket change. The oil and gas industries, even if 100% sanctioned by the west and they start sanctioning all countries involved in Russia's oil and Gas, will always find a way to make money, to sell its goods, and to prosper. This has been evident throughout history. They said they will work on their own LNG equipment as is. They said they will do spot market pricing and they said they have a working alternative to swift. So no, they aren't worried, and judging by reading your history on this forums, neither should you since your other doom predictions didn't come true.

    The more they push Russia, the more Russia will push back. And the more Russia will start cooperating with other sanctioned countries. Eventually, China and India will want more of Russia's resources and tell the US to take a hike. Because fiat currency doesn't keep their houses warm or put food on the table. The resources do. And the leaderships of these countries do want to be "great" so they will do their own business and not want to look like vassals of the United States. Unless you have some other idea about how your nation operates.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1559
    Points : 1559
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:36 pm

    Before anything can be pushed into law, there is already division:
    https://sputniknews.com/world/201706151054662260-germany-austria-russia-sanctions/

    This comes also after the fact Tillerson was mentioning that there isn't a nation that hasn't addressed to him to fix relations with Russia.

    Austin

    Posts : 6432
    Points : 6833
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  Austin on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:41 am

    I think the law has already been passed by Senate so its come into effect , Now Germany and Austria is not happy about it as it affect Nord Stream-2 but from what I read Nord Stream-2 finance is not an issue as the partners have made those arrangement.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1559
    Points : 1559
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  miketheterrible on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:57 am

    As I said in the other thread, Austria and Germany already transferred the funds in haste

    Austin

    Posts : 6432
    Points : 6833
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  Austin on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:09 am

    Very Interesting if this happens

    Stockman Warns: S&P 500 Is Due for a Massive Crash Any Day


    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3251
    Points : 3374
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  kvs on Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:00 pm

    Russia should take advantage of Uncle Scumbag's machinations. He wants so bad to "replace" Russia as a gas supplier
    to the EU, then let him. Of course this is a total joke and Uncle Scumbag has none of the necessary export capacity
    and it would take him 20 years just to ramp it up. But Russia can gain by transitioning from pipeline gas to LNG gas.
    EU-tards pay much more, but they deserve it. LNG would be traded like oil and none of the transit BS associated with
    pipelines would be involved.

    It would be quite funny to see Gazprom LNG tankers go from the Gulf of Finland to Baltic Sea LNG ports in the EU. Nordstream
    would have done the job just fine without the extra price and energy waste. Hilarious nonsense brought on itself by the
    EU-tards' congenital hate for Russia.

    Austin

    Posts : 6432
    Points : 6833
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  Austin on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:09 am

    I hope this July when Chinese President visits Russia they make some progress on Western Gas Pipeline.

    Putin says if sanctions gets implemented fully Russia might take steps , Hopefully Bare Mininum they Sell of All US T Bills , No Point Rewarding the Thugs of US Senate with Russian Hard Earned Money.

    As&$&$* think they are God to put Global Sanctions on Russia

    Getting out of many Bilateral Treaty not useful for Russia should also be carried out in Parallel.

    Austin

    Posts : 6432
    Points : 6833
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  Austin on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:35 pm

    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1559
    Points : 1559
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  miketheterrible on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:40 pm

    Austin wrote:I hope this July when Chinese President visits Russia they make some progress on Western Gas Pipeline.

    Putin says if sanctions gets implemented fully Russia might take steps , Hopefully Bare Mininum they Sell of All US T Bills , No Point Rewarding the Thugs of US Senate with Russian Hard Earned Money.

    As&$&$* think they are God to put Global Sanctions on Russia

    Getting out of many Bilateral Treaty not useful for Russia should also be carried out in Parallel.

    not much Russia can do besides pressure US based businesses in Russia, sack USD as a trading currency in future deals, raise stakes or outright bar sales of titanium to US. That, and what you said, sell the US T bonds. But outside of that, not much else. The two states barely had a trade. China, India and others agreed to trade in their respective currencies with Russia. So it isn't like already stuff is in place. They said they will retaliate if sanctions placed, but as I said, at this point, besides some punitive measures, there isn't much else to do before full trade barrier between US/Russia.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16861
    Points : 17469
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  GarryB on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:01 am

    Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Russians banned direct sales to the US of Titanium... so Boeing would need to get a third intermediary company to buy Russian Ti from... and US sanctions would ban Boeing from dealing directly with that company... Smile


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Austin

    Posts : 6432
    Points : 6833
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  Austin on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:08 am

    Boeing has big investement in Russia for Titanium

    Boeing's $27 billion titanium, tech deals with Russia


    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-phillydeals/Boeings-billion-dollar-titanium-tech-deals-with-Russia.html

    Boeing Is Fixed In Titanium Valley


    https://www.ruaviation.com/docs/7/2016/12/26/114/print/
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1559
    Points : 1559
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  miketheterrible on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:15 am

    And Boeing has a lot of influence in US. So it is better for Russia to start using that to their advantage.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1559
    Points : 1559
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  miketheterrible on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:15 am

    http://tass.com/economy/952511

    Rosatom looks to build windfarms outside of Russia after gaining experience

    This comes after the fact that Dutch windmill maker agreed to transfer of technology to Rosatom.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1559
    Points : 1559
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  miketheterrible on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:17 am

    Doesn't look like Russian banks are hurting at all:

    http://tass.com/economy/952459

    Profit of Russian banks surged 2.8 times to 653 bln rubles ($11 bln) in January - May 2017
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3251
    Points : 3374
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  kvs on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:28 am

    miketheterrible wrote:Doesn't look like Russian banks are hurting at all:

    http://tass.com/economy/952459

    Profit of Russian banks surged 2.8 times to 653 bln rubles ($11 bln) in January - May 2017

    The sanctioneers don't quite understand that Russia's economy is too big to fail. It does not exist
    on foreign loans and banana republic commodity exports. The latest US sanctions are a joke as well.
    And it appears that the Washington consensus is not very solid:

    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-20/house-republicans-block-russian-sanctions-bill

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Economy General News: #8

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:28 am