Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Share
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2655
    Points : 2693
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  franco on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:46 pm

    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1052
    Points : 1120
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  auslander on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:08 pm

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avNQOTqzeUY

    No way the orcs can win and this is just the reserve for DNR. 3 divisions in service between DNR/LNR plus reserves of Donetsk. McCain just had a heart attack.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5142
    Points : 5205
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:50 pm

    auslander wrote:

    No way the orcs can win and this is just the reserve for DNR. 3 divisions in service between DNR/LNR plus reserves of Donetsk. McCain just had a heart attack.

    I agree with you on that, I hope yours stay safe. Their future probably changed for the better last week.

    Can you imagine the reaction in Kiev after the cruise missile attack as they will see themselves as partner anti Russians with Syrians? The initial elation and drinks all round as their best friends the Americans put one over on Russia (by default admittedly). Then as the implications of what had just happened sunk in, that the US by defending its notional strategic position like this in Syria had opened the door wide open for Russia to do the same with its actual strategic position in Ukraine. Realising with a sickening feeling in their stomachs that the game was nearly up, their lives were going to change for ever.

    This quid pro quo is probably one very good reason why we have heard almost nothing out of Moscow. Just as when the sanctions were implemented they are too busy being pleased. As a Westerner it saddens me to say this but the US has shot us in the foot, again.

    The Law of Unintended Consequences can be brutal at times.
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1052
    Points : 1120
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  auslander on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:41 pm

    I haven't shown this vid to my wife yet but I will shortly, I have no choice and I'd rather it be me to show her rather than her seeing it on the forums she goes to.

    If the orcs continue to kill our civilians then there is the possible chance that Mother will toss a few Kalibrs in to even up the odds and do a little payback. We'll see but with the hypocrisy of Foggy Bottom and eu they will scream bloody murder and foment another crisis.

    I would imagine there were just as many long faces in Kiev as there was in DC, Berlin, Paris, Warsaw and London after 60% of the missiles failed to reach their programmed targets. You are correct, quid pro quo is a cast iron b///h when it gets shoved up deserving nostrils.


    Last edited by auslander on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5578
    Points : 5682
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:52 pm

    auslander wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avNQOTqzeUY

    No way the orcs can win and this is just the reserve for DNR. 3 divisions in service between DNR/LNR plus reserves of Donetsk. McCain just had a heart attack.

    I want that ghoul to just fucking die already, I am not even trying to be subtle about it....
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1052
    Points : 1120
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  auslander on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:37 pm

    That walleyed nut kisser apparently got totally screwed in the head while he was a guest in the Hanoi Hilton, cushy as he had it compared to the rest of the prisoners. He's patently insane and the world would be a better place without him. We should be so lucky.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5142
    Points : 5205
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  JohninMK on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:18 pm

    Looks like another one has gone up

    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 16:43

    The explosion took place at the Ukrainian ammunition warehouse near Yasinovataya today in the morning, reports the DPR Operational Command’s Vice-Commander.  “Today in the morning at about seven o’clock in the Butovskaya mine up-cast’s area the demolition of the ammunition warehouse took place. The most probable reasons of the explosion are security protocol’s violation or purpose actions aimed at a pilferage concealment,” said the Vice-Commander.

    DONi News Agency


    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 1532
    Points : 1557
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  eehnie on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:27 pm

    If you want to see data about the evolution of the Sovietic/Russian warfare in the Ukranian side in the War of Donbass, check this link:

    http://www.russiadefence.net/t4072p25-older-warfare-performance-and-short-mid-term-decomissions#191649
    avatar
    Ispan

    Posts : 265
    Points : 279
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 40
    Location : Madrid

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  Ispan on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:54 pm

    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5142
    Points : 5205
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  JohninMK on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:36 pm


    Thanks, it is.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1489
    Points : 1489
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  miketheterrible on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:47 am

    http://www.stalkerzone.org/ambassador-ukraine-belgium-fled-university-lecture-just-one-question/

    How was a lecture invited to the University of the Ambassador of Ukraine, according to the witness process.

    "Perhaps a record — not tested do not know. Lecture of the Ambassador of Ukraine lasted..... In General, in order. Student Luganskogo of the faculty of journalism asked the Ambassador one question, only one.

    Here are his words, translated literally from Dutch into Russian.

    — Mr. Ambassador, I just arrived from Donbass and saw how the Ukrainian army bombed the peaceful population of Donbass. I have a question — when Ukraine will stop killing women and children?

    — What do you want what I said to you?

    — When you stop bombing people?

    Curtain. The Ambassador came out from the audience" — said Sergei-Ratibor.

    Source: http://rusnext.ru/news/1492660588

    ATLASCUB

    Posts : 190
    Points : 192
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  ATLASCUB on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:35 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    auslander wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avNQOTqzeUY

    No way the orcs can win and this is just the reserve for DNR. 3 divisions in service between DNR/LNR plus reserves of Donetsk. McCain just had a heart attack.

    I want that ghoul to just fucking die already, I am not even trying to be subtle about it....

    He's a nobody - a messenger. It actually pays to have him alive and spill the objectives as clear as possible to outside observes like us. We lack the intelligence data security services have.

    The Nuland types are much more deadly. No one knew of her in the international scene until she became the rockstar that flipped Ukraine - with a soft voice - and fuck the EU.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5142
    Points : 5205
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:45 pm

    Pot calling kettle black

    KIEV (Sputnik) — Ukrainian forces on Sunday published a statement on Facebook accusing militias from the self-proclaimed republics of Donbass of having shelled their positions 46 times in the past 24 hours.

    The positions of the Kiev forces have been bombed 46 times, according to the statement published by the press center of Ukraine’s military operation in the country's southeast on its Facebook account.

    The statement added that at least one Ukrainian serviceman was killed and three more were wounded in the shellings.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5142
    Points : 5205
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:04 pm

    An OSCE Special Monitoring Mission car has blew up in eastern Ukraine killing at least one OSCE staff member and injuring another, the mission said. The incident took place on the territory controlled by the self-proclaimed Lugansk People's Republic (LPR).

    "We can confirm that an #OSCE patrol has been involve in a serious security incident in the Luhansk [Lugansk] region," the mission said on Facebook. The OSCE mission in Ukraine car exploded on a mine in Donbass, the OSCE chairman, Sebastian Kurz, said.

    "Tragic news from #Ukraine: SMM patrol drove on mine. One #OSCE patrol member killed, one injured 1/3." Kurz wrote on Twitter.

    Kurz also called for a "thorough investigation into the incident." Those responsible will be held accoutable, he said. The OSCE chairman also expressed "heartfelt condolences" to the family of the killed OSCE staff member and the special monitoring mission in Ukraine team.

    The press service of the LPR told Sputnik that the OSCE car deviated from the route it was supposed to follow. "We know that the mentioned crew deviated from the main route and moved along side roads, which is prohibited by the mandate of the OSCE SMM," the LPR press service specified.


    https://sputniknews.com/europe/201704231052903927-osce-car-ukraine/
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5142
    Points : 5205
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:09 pm

    From today's update, IMF box ticking by Kiev, doing something about corruption and using Western experts to help, yet not actually changing anything. Win Win Laughing

    One of the key problems of the Ukrainian army, along with moral decay and the low level of control over personnel, is corruption, which is widespread among military authorities of all levels. And if at battalions’ level and higher it is approved by the law – the commander received up to 5% of the money saved by imposed fines, allocated for the monetary allowance’s payment, then at the "platoon-company" level commanders lay their subordinates under tribute for not including the latter in the penalty box.

    This has been repeatedly stated by the Chief Military Prosecutor of Ukraine Matios in communication with the Ukrainian media, but this problem has not yet been resolved.

    The military leadership is trying to fight these crimes in a strange way – by conducting courses on integrity improvement and reducing the risks of corruption under the leadership of specially invited stars. For example, as it was on April 19 in Kharkov with Phillip Jones, British adviser to the Defense Minister of Ukraine. But the problem is yet to be solved. In general, the Ukrainian army is in its usual state, as instead of any real actions, there is a “three S” rule: to sit, swop lies and say goodbye.

    And the problem of corruption will be only growing stronger as long as the economy of Ukraine is at the level of a medieval state’s development.


    https://dninews.com/article/donetsk-defense-situation-report-04232017
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 1532
    Points : 1557
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  eehnie on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:15 pm

    If you want to see data about the evolution of the Sovietic warfare between 2014 and 2017, in the Ukranian side, in the War of Donbass, check:

    http://www.russiadefence.net/t4072p25-older-warfare-performance-and-short-mid-term-decomissions#191649 (for land warfare, linked previously)

    http://www.russiadefence.net/t4343p50-older-warfare-performance-and-short-mid-term-decommissions#192435 (for air warfare, new)
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3201
    Points : 3324
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  kvs on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:40 pm

    JohninMK wrote:From today's update, IMF box ticking by Kiev, doing something about corruption and using Western experts to help, yet not actually changing anything. Win Win  Laughing

    One of the key problems of the Ukrainian army, along with moral decay and the low level of control over personnel, is corruption, which is widespread among military authorities of all levels. And if at battalions’ level and higher it is approved by the law – the commander received up to 5% of the money saved by imposed fines, allocated for the monetary allowance’s payment, then at the "platoon-company" level commanders lay their subordinates under tribute for not including the latter in the penalty box.

    This has been repeatedly stated by the Chief Military Prosecutor of Ukraine Matios in communication with the Ukrainian media, but this problem has not yet been resolved.

    The military leadership is trying to fight these crimes in a strange way – by conducting courses on integrity improvement and reducing the risks of corruption under the leadership of specially invited stars. For example, as it was on April 19 in Kharkov with Phillip Jones, British adviser to the Defense Minister of Ukraine. But the problem is yet to be solved. In general, the Ukrainian army is in its usual state, as instead of any real actions, there is a “three S” rule: to sit, swop lies and say goodbye.

    And the problem of corruption will be only growing stronger as long as the economy of Ukraine is at the level of a medieval state’s development.


    https://dninews.com/article/donetsk-defense-situation-report-04232017

    Not really win-win. The money flow from the IMF is at the total joke level. Ukraine's GDP is a terminal spiral (of course not reported)
    and a few parasites staying afloat for the moment is not that impressive.

    The problem with Banderastan is that its parasite oligarchy got used to living off the catabolic transition regime from communism to capitalism
    and thinks that eating the same decaying corpse ad infinitum is a viable economic regime. Banderastan must reach the full decomposition stage
    to wake the f*ck up.

    ATLASCUB

    Posts : 190
    Points : 192
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  ATLASCUB on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:21 pm

    kvs wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:From today's update, IMF box ticking by Kiev, doing something about corruption and using Western experts to help, yet not actually changing anything. Win Win  Laughing

    One of the key problems of the Ukrainian army, along with moral decay and the low level of control over personnel, is corruption, which is widespread among military authorities of all levels. And if at battalions’ level and higher it is approved by the law – the commander received up to 5% of the money saved by imposed fines, allocated for the monetary allowance’s payment, then at the "platoon-company" level commanders lay their subordinates under tribute for not including the latter in the penalty box.

    This has been repeatedly stated by the Chief Military Prosecutor of Ukraine Matios in communication with the Ukrainian media, but this problem has not yet been resolved.

    The military leadership is trying to fight these crimes in a strange way – by conducting courses on integrity improvement and reducing the risks of corruption under the leadership of specially invited stars. For example, as it was on April 19 in Kharkov with Phillip Jones, British adviser to the Defense Minister of Ukraine. But the problem is yet to be solved. In general, the Ukrainian army is in its usual state, as instead of any real actions, there is a “three S” rule: to sit, swop lies and say goodbye.

    And the problem of corruption will be only growing stronger as long as the economy of Ukraine is at the level of a medieval state’s development.


    https://dninews.com/article/donetsk-defense-situation-report-04232017

    Not really win-win.   The money flow from the IMF is at the total joke level.   Ukraine's GDP is a terminal spiral (of course not reported)
    and a few parasites staying afloat for the moment is not that impressive.  

    The problem with Banderastan is that its parasite oligarchy got used to living off the catabolic transition regime from communism to capitalism
    and thinks that eating the same decaying corpse ad infinitum is a viable economic regime.    Banderastan must reach the full decomposition stage
    to wake the f*ck up.

    It's unsustainable for any normal country but not impossible to sustain for a country backed by the U.S. Hopefully everyone in high circles in the Kremlin have all come to this conclusion and is consensus thinking which means they'll have to pursue destabilization of the regime to force it to fall catastrophically. The state needs to collapse asap. 3 years already is enough considering the damage.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5142
    Points : 5205
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:06 pm

    Nasty OSCE incident today, one US dead and 3 others injured when their SUV hit a mine in LPR part of Luhansk near contact line. Seeing the damage its amazing anyone got out alive.

    Various opinions on it including, driving down an unauthorised road, Claymore or anti-tank mine, a convoy or a couple of vehicles. Russia is spitting blood, Poro demanding UN peacekeepers.




    The Russian Foreign Ministry also said that the "provocation" may be aimed to undermine the Ukrainian peace settlement.

    "The circumstances of the incident indicate a high probability of a provocation aimed at undermining the peaceful settlement process in Donbass. It is obvious that such incidents and an escalation of tensions are beneficial for those who are not interested in implementing the political, economic and humanitarian provisions of the Minsk agreements, the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement posted on its website.


    https://sputniknews.com/europe/201704231052912628-osce-car-explosion-donbass/

    KIEV (Sputnik) – Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko held on Sunday a phone conversation with US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and suggested the deployment of a UN peacekeeping mission in the country’s eastern region of Donbass, the presidential press service said in a statement.

    "Petro Poroshenko expressed condolences to the relatives of the US representative of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission [SMM], who died as a result of the blast that hit a patrol on the occupied territory and discussed all forms of permanent obstacles for OSCE SMM work made by militants … The Ukrainian President offered to accelerate considering the issue of deploying in Donbass the international peacekeeping contingent under the UN aegis," the statement said.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5142
    Points : 5205
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  JohninMK on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:15 am

    This says all that is necessary about Ukraine's new place in Washington's priorities. The State Department new aid budget cutting 70% or $400m in 2017.



    Its come from here but its behind a firewall

    http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/04/24/u-s-agency-for-international-development-foreign-aid-state-department-trump-slash-foreign-funding/
    avatar
    Cowboy's daughter

    Posts : 1168
    Points : 1207
    Join date : 2015-04-24
    Location : Texas

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  Cowboy's daughter on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:13 pm

    I wish I had documented the conflict in Ukraine day by day. To me, it happened so fast, and I was so shocked.

    Today I'm thinking of a video I saw, about Eastern Ukrainian armed rebels who were walking, walking, and came under shelling. At first they were in pasture type land, then later, maybe a flat area, or a field. They filmed them getting away from the shelling, until they finally met a personnel carrier. I'm thinking it was in the beginning of the conflict.
    They were trying to get away from the shelling, and would lie down, then get up and go, lie down, get up and go. Does anyone else remember this video?
    avatar
    Cowboy's daughter

    Posts : 1168
    Points : 1207
    Join date : 2015-04-24
    Location : Texas

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  Cowboy's daughter on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:16 pm

    no English subs

    Special correspondent. Blockade. Alexander Rogatkin

    https://vk.com/videos-75745272?z=video-75745272_456239285%2Fclub75745272%2Fpl_-75745272_-2
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5142
    Points : 5205
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:27 pm

    Oh dear, the third world beckons

    Ukraine's police force is running out of gas for its patrol cars, while officers face the danger of being left without sufficient ammunition for their weapons in just a few weeks' time, Ukraine National Police head Sergei Knyazev warned.

    Speaking at an expanded ministerial meeting of Ukraine's Ministry of Internal Affairs earlier this week, Knyazev complained that the National Police needs about $150 million US more in funding to function properly; existing funds may run out before the end of the year, he warned.

    According to Knyazev, Ukraine's 2017 police budget amounts to 16.6 billion hryvnia (about $620 million US), which is catastrophically insufficient for the police force's needs. Accordingly, he recommends an additional 4.2 billion hryvnia ($150 million) in spending.

    The police chief stressed that the National Police force's current supplies of gasoline will run out in June, with ammunition for firearms running out by next month. Knyazev also complained that in the majority of cities, towns and settlements across Ukraine, the police officers still haven't been equipped with the new American-style uniforms introduced in some cities in 2015.


    More at the link https://sputniknews.com/europe/201704271053059161-ukraine-police-catastrophic-lack-of-equipment/

    MonkeymodelBananaRepublic

    Posts : 57
    Points : 59
    Join date : 2016-10-13

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  MonkeymodelBananaRepublic on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:06 pm

    Do they lack ammunition for ak 47 / ak 74 ? Or for nato weapons like m 16?????

    I find it hard to imagine ukraine is short of ammunition when it inherited mountains of it from ussr and is getting all the soviet era munitions central and eastern europe dont want so they can join nato and use nato pattern equipment 

    I mean even if usa cut back aid by 2/3 as it seems they have isnt the price of a single ak bullet $0.10 ... how many do police fire at citizens anyway lol

    I mean what about other ammo souces like their close neighbours the former Yugoslavia or egypt or china etc etc

    Isnt the front line fighting at the moment mostly shelling rather than small arms fire? 

    If they have a shortage of small arms ammunition ... then god help them if ivan knocks on their door...

    It seems politically kiev might have gotten a win today https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-eu-ambassadors-ok-visa-free-travel/28452756.html

    whir

    Posts : 828
    Points : 869
    Join date : 2015-04-27

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  whir on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:54 pm

    MonkeymodelBananaRepublic wrote:Do they lack ammunition for ak 47 / ak 74 ? Or for nato weapons like m 16?????

    I find it hard to imagine ukraine is short of ammunition when it inherited mountains of it from ussr and is getting all the soviet era munitions central and eastern europe dont want so they can join nato and use nato pattern equipment 

    I mean even if usa cut back aid by 2/3 as it seems they have isnt the price of a single ak bullet $0.10 ... how many do police fire at citizens anyway lol

    I mean what about other ammo souces like their close neighbours the former Yugoslavia or egypt or china etc etc

    Isnt the front line fighting at the moment mostly shelling rather than small arms fire? 

    If they have a shortage of small arms ammunition ... then god help them if ivan knocks on their door...

    It seems politically kiev might have gotten a win today
    I don't know in your neighbourhood but usually police don't carry assault rifles. Not having enough resources for daily police duties is quite serious because usually goes in hand with an increase in criminal activities.

    And free tourist visa means not having to fork 30 euros for one, pretty much useless for those wanting to work abroad since they still need one to even apply for a minimum wage work in the UE unless they plan to work illegally and then investing that trove into a visa was not much of a pain.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:52 am