Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+48
miketheterrible
PapaDragon
kvs
VARGR198
ATLASCUB
eehnie
storm333
Karbafoz
Viktor
slasher
Big_Gazza
KomissarBojanchev
Arctic_Fox
Azi
Regular
calm
Akula971
Ispan
KoTeMoRe
higurashihougi
Cowboy's daughter
JohninMK
franco
Benya
ultimatewarrior
medo
Odin of Ossetia
nihilusa
Firebird
GarryB
Karl Haushofer
OminousSpudd
whir
ExBeobachter1987
flamming_python
Neutrality
airstrike
AlfaT8
Cheetah
TheArmenian
George1
MMBR
VladimirSahin
Vann7
KiloGolf
par far
Godric
Khepesh
52 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

auslander
    auslander

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

Post  auslander Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:32 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    auslander wrote:.........

PM me and and tomorrow I'll send you this one and the big one in PDF. This will keep you reading evenings for a while, especially after you read the reviews.

Thanks buddy! My PM system is zapped but you can email me here: spamtest148@gmail.com

Done.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

Post  JohninMK Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:17 pm

The ceasefire is clearly off to a good start

Shellings from the Ukrainian positions never stop. The enemy continues increasing the thickness of heavy shellings at the Republic’s localities, targeting residential quarters mostly.

Over the past day Ukraine’s criminal forces violated ceasefire 2,627 times. At that heavy artillery was applied 374 times, multiple rocket launch systems – 40 times, mortars of various calibre – 429 times, mortars of various calibre – 429 times, IFVs – 53 times, anti-aircraft missile systems, grenade launchers and small arms – 756 times.

https://dninews.com/article/donetsk-defense-situation-report-2022017
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:45 pm

Others have pointed out to me that they must be reading me, or Petri Krohn has gotten in touch with Putkonen and drew attention to the bad translation. They no longer speak of individual "shells" but "times", as it should be.
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Summary report of today's fighting, unusual since they are published the day after

AFU violate “ceasefire regime” over 1,600 times, 38 house-buildings damaged
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 17:47

Ukrainian military opened fire at the territory of the Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) over 1,600 times over the past 24 hours, the Vice-Commander of the Operational Command of the Republic Eduard Basurin states.

“The situation in the Donetsk People’s Republic remains very tense. Over the past day Ukraine’s criminal forces shelled the territory of the Donetsk People’s Republic 1,617 times,” said Eduard Basurin.  

Ukrainian punishers used heavy artillery 374 times, MRLS 40 times, mortars of various caliber 429 times, infantry fighting vehicles 53 times, anti-aircraft installations, grenade launchers and small arms 721 times.

According to Basurin, the Makyevka, Gorlovka and Donetsk areas were intensively shelled. The settlements of Yasinovataya, Gorlovka, Telmanovsky and Novoazovsk districts, Dokuchayevsk and Donetsk were under Ukrainian military’s fire.

“The enemy was conducting concentrated fire with all types of weapons prohibited by the Minsk agreements. Thirty-eight houses and buildings were damaged by AFU fire. Seventeen houses and house-buildings in Makeyevka were seriously damaged as well,” added the Vice-Commander.  

DONi News Agency

Comments:

It seems the enemy pressure is diminishing after 5 days of attacks, due to losses and the strong resistance, however, combats continue to be hard.

800 bombardment strikes, of wich half with artillery and rockets (40)

This afternoon was reported around 15:30 local time (I may be off by 1 hour) of 100 rocket explosions in a 3 minute interval in the outskirts of Avdeyevka, so we can discard that the 40 figure refers to single rockets, but means 40 rocket strikes ranging from a few shots to the entire package. In the worst case, that would amount to 1.600 rockets, wich would still be lower than the number of shells and bombs fired today.

A militiaman reported that the use of multiple rocket launchers is more a sign of desperation than a show of strength, given how scarce ammo for them is.

It's obvious by now that the Ukrainian infantry attacks have been repulsed, and as it's the pattern from previous occasions, fight becomes artillery duels, as troops request artillery fire against resistance, or to hold against counterattacks.  The proportion of artillery fire has increased again to 50%, while it was around 30% before.

The first blow is always hardest, but unless the enemy uses reserves, a breakthrough in the Donetsk city sector can be discarded, but there may be another attempts in other sectors.  Still, the battle will be long.

Update:

18:00h Reports arriving - fighting escalating this evening everywhere at the frontline except LPR so far

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 18 C3rLfr8W8AEy0UT
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:01 pm

Ispan wrote:Can this be verified?

http://novorossia.today/the-american-saved-the-girl-from-the-ukrainian-bandits-and-moved-to-the-side-of-the-militias/

It's reported in AntiMaidan. Could it be true?  Suspect

http://antimaydan.info/2017/02/golovorez_iz_ssha_spas_zhenshinu_i_pereshel_na_storonu_opolchencev.html

Also

Reports that Ukrainians fired a Tochka missile on a residential area, it seems it was intercepted in the air and destroyed by air defense, this is not the first time it happens, and seems Russia has deployed a very effective anti missile system in Donbass.

Unlike other missiles that were aimed at factories, this was fired straight at a residential area with the aim of causing mass civilian casualties and panic.

This could be the last straw...

UPDATE

Here come the tanks! Besides those seen in the streets of Avdeyevka, under the blind gaze of OSCE

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 18 C3rb68AWEAEE1u2

Krasnogorovka direction:, enemy tanks of up 2 companies, taking positions on Krasnogorovka line

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 18 C3sBZ2ZUMAEsIjl

ATTENTION! IN ALL THE REPUBLIC declared a total alarm!

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 18 C3sDJffUYAA50z0

Color me surprised. I didn't expect a full assault so soon, not in Donetsk city sector yet

Locals report heavy bombardments, artillery, mortars and rockets not only around Donetsk, but also in the south at Kominternovo
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:36 pm

the NAF need to take out the trash ... the OSCE are 5th columnist scum and deserve no mercy
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:05 pm

It's getting really worrisome, people in the know have been talking about a lot of fuel and ammo trucks moving out of Dobropillya towards Pokrovsk.

As much as I don't want an escalation and loss of life, please make it happen, Make Ukrainian Army Dead Again. #MUADA
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:23 pm

Thursday, February 2, 2017 - 23:36

Ukrainian army has opened fire at Donetsk from artillery of 152 mm caliber and MRLS ‘Uragan’, the DPR Operationl Command has just reported.

Ukrainian criminal forces have been shelling Donetsk and other DPR localities  since January, 29.

The shelling is ongoing.

https://dninews.com/article/breaking-ukrainian-murderers-open-fire-donetsk-mrls-%E2%80%98uragan%E2%80%99-%E2%80%94-dpr-command

Amid spike in hostilities in the east of Ukraine, Kiev forces used the Uragan self-propelled multiple rocket launcher system in an attack on the city of Donetsk, killing two and injuring over a dozen of people, the emergencies authorities of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR).

DONETSK, February 3 (Sputnik) – At least 2 people were killed and over a dozen were injured when Kiev forces attacked Donetsk in Ukraine’s southeast from the Uragan self-propelled multiple rocket launcher system, the authorities told journalists.

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201702031050295774-two-killed-13-injured-donetsk/
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:46 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:..........

As much as I don't want an escalation and loss of life, please make it happen, Make Ukrainian Army Dead Again. #MUADA

Another keyboard goes to Valhalla lol1

I support the campaign!!!
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:38 am

that douchbag McCain is calling on trump to give Ukraine lethal weapons and he is blaming Russia and Putin for the latest fighting ... basically saying that Putin is taking liberties

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-crisis-usa-idUSKBN15H2JU

we will soon see if Trump is a friend of Russia meanwhile German media is openly blaming Ukraine for the latest fighting
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:52 am

Counter-battery fire 1:00
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:44 am

calm wrote:

Counter-battery fire 1:00

This is Donetsk?
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:03 am

Donetsk being bombarded

https://vk.com/video-75745272_456239137?list=5f12bf80a0d434abd8
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:32 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:This is Donetsk?

Yes

Донецк - Donetsk
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Are the rebels allowed to return fire or are they just taking the beating?
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:Are the rebels allowed to return fire or are they just taking the beating?

They are firing back with all they have. Zhuchkovsky, who I believe is an artilleryman,  talks of a veritable "hurricane of fire", and the artillery crews working in shifts to man the pieces continuously.

For now, just a lot of noise, no major infantry assaults reported, and only occasional employment of tanks.

If you do not know Russian, I suggest reading my blog (in my sig) using google translate, I try to gather reports from various sources and summarize them.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:11 pm

[quote="Ispan"]
    Ispan wrote:Can this be verified?

Yes. It's bullshit, reposted to death and not confirmed for two years.
    http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion/2015/06/us-mercenary-saves-woman-from-ukraine-officer-rape-and-swaps-allegiance-to-novorossiya-2453564.html
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:07 pm

Ispan wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:Are the rebels allowed to return fire or are they just taking the beating?

They are firing back with all they have. Zhuchkovsky, who I believe is an artilleryman,  talks of a veritable "hurricane of fire", and the artillery crews working in shifts to man the pieces continuously.

For now, just a lot of noise, no major infantry assaults reported, and only occasional employment of tanks.

If you do not know Russian, I suggest reading my blog (in my sig) using google translate, I try to gather reports from various sources and summarize them.

Thank you.
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:22 pm

i am seeing reports via facebook from "Texas" of heavy fire on Donetsk tonight a combination of 152 MM probably from MSTA B or MSTA S and from BM 27 Uragan MLRS from the HaHols entirely aimed at civilian areas
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:43 pm

It hasn't abated in the last days, same every day and every night, all day and all night.
    Official reports are Grad and Hurricane with one Tochka shot down. However, vids rarely lie. Here's two. VCO has not been able to verify as our contacts up there are a little busy but I know a Tuchka when I see one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlPoul1vKlw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLVH395Tt80
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:16 pm

auslander wrote:It hasn't abated in the last days, same every day and every night, all day and all night.
    Official reports are Grad and Hurricane with one Tochka shot down. However, vids rarely lie. Here's two. VCO has not been able to verify as our contacts up there are a little busy but I know a Tuchka when I see one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlPoul1vKlw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLVH395Tt80

that 2nd vid was a definite Tochka U strike
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:46 pm

Agreed, no doubt it's Tochka. Still no contact with ours up north but that's to be expected at this time. One Tochka was shot down, the remains have been found and confirmed.
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:32 pm

auslander wrote:Agreed, no doubt it's Tochka. Still no contact with ours up north but that's to be expected at this time. One Tochka was shot down, the remains have been found and confirmed.  

well i hope they keep safe mate ... i would like the NAF to push out and liberate the whole of NovoRossiya that way the people of Donbas can live in peace and rebuild their country ... i would love to see that b@ssa Oleh Lyshako be tried for war crimes along with his cohorts in Kiev and Lwow
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:05 pm

Just a question. How do the Novorussians shoot down Tochka?

This was my first thought in answer to a question

"I am not stupid and I am aware of the state of the art in missiles. To shoot down the Tochka missiles is an impressive feat, given the lackluster record of Patriot missiles against SCUDs. Either the Russians are years ahead, or they have some sort of long range active electronic jamming capable of making the warheads self-detonate in flight. I am deducing based on the distances and interception times involved, if that there's a SAM system shooting down those Tochkas, it must be deployed in Donbass and close to the frontlines. I have no evidence whatsoever to back this up, but is basic rocket science. However, no one has seen or recorded any trails so it could be some kind of electronic secret weapon."

But then I thought, one thing is a ballistic missile like the SCUD, and another very different a short range rocket like the Tochka. I recall now that ships have anti missile rockets and that they can also be brought down by Vulcan guns aimed by radar.

So perhaps there's no Russian "secret weapon" and they have been destroyed simply by Novorussian antiaircraft missiles?

And there's another intriguing possibility. These missiles have been quite erratic. Some were blown up in the air, some exploded in the middle of empty spaces, and only a few actually hit their targets, mostly factories.

What if it is actually Ukrainian crews sabotaging their missiles? There were reports that at Slavyansk many artillery shells failed to explode. I attributed these duds to just old ammo or incompetent gunners forgetting to set fuses. A Spanish doctor volunteer in Donbass reported for slavyangrad.es that he had heard and seen about a unusually high proportion of duds and reported he was told that this was done by Ukrainian gunners sympathetic to the rebels, or unwilling to kill civilians, that obeyed their fire orders but didn't set the fuses to prevent deaths.

I don't believe there are many good people remaining in the Ukrainian army after three years of war, but perhaps there are, and the firing crew realize the implications of firing a missile with a half ton of explosives into a residential area and deliberately aimed at the wrong place, or like last one, somehow set the missile fuse to explode relatively harmlessly in the air, obeying orders and using as an excuse that "don't know what happened, sir. Russians must have some secret weapon to destroy our missiles". Still, I don't believe they did this out of humanity, but most likely realizing the war is lost, and some day in the future they may be accountable for war crimes.

Unlikely, I know, but perhaps not as far fetched as Russian "secret weapons".

franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:15 pm

The NAF claimed at least one was shot down by a SA-4b. Another went down during the time period a SA-22 was reportedly spotted around Luhansk City dunno

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:58 pm