Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Project 20836 Corvette

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Project 20836 Corvette

Post  PapaDragon on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:52 pm

Rmf wrote:if its 120km redut.... but its probably 50 km missiles since radar has 70km guidance. also radars seem low and missiles launch exaust might disturb or damage them if it is close.
    Anyway in my opinion -2 pantcir with 24 missiles and 4*30mm ciws guns is much better for corvete.

Pantsir is already on small missile boats (22800) so corvette would go with something bigger.

Although given the size of this thing it is already hard to figure out if it is overgrown corvette or mini frigate.

flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  flamming_python on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:04 am

The Steregushchys were expensive for what they were and the Gremyaschys even more so.

Having a new light corvette with decent range makes sense. If Kalibrs are needed then there are plenty of other vessels with that capability.

Rmf
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  Rmf on Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:04 pm

so how many those large containers can it carry? 1? why not space for 2?
    .....and if it has a container then it cant have helicopter onboard?

old video but very good.
    https://youtu.be/mbUU_9bOcnM?t=51s

JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  JohninMK on Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:51 pm

Rmf wrote:so how many those large containers can it carry? 1? why not space for 2?
    .....and if it has a container then it cant have helicopter onboard?

old video but very good.

Evil Russian propaganda film, just a dream............................oh wait

franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:52 pm

From the model shown it has room for two containers while still carrying a helicopter.

Rmf
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Post  Rmf on Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:59 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Rmf wrote:if its 120km redut.... but its probably 50 km missiles since radar has 70km guidance. also radars seem low and missiles launch exaust might disturb or damage them if it is close.
    Anyway in my opinion -2 pantcir with 24 missiles and 4*30mm ciws guns is much better for corvete.

Pantsir is already on small missile boats (22800) so corvette would go with something bigger.

Although given the size of this thing it is already hard to figure out if it is overgrown corvette or mini frigate.
    yes i know but 2 main threats low flying airplanes and cruise missiles since that radar horizont is 50-60 meters at 40 km away..... so anyway redut range is further reduced to be comparable to pantcir s .

hoom
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  hoom Today at 8:29 am

Still trying to like this & mostly failing  dunno

Couple of interesting things via Balancer forum:
    Some people have been modelling the hull with ship design software, either: the given dimensions are correct but the displacement has a typo & should be 2,400t -> 2*MF90 would be crazy high power, or the 3,400t displacement is correct but the dimensions are waterline -> overall dimensions more like proj. 11356 & 2*MF90 is a reasonable power.

Its a very fine bow, only hits max beam about the rear of the superstructure, unusual but should be good for high-speed.

Charly015 graphic

I like the new gun shield & locating it to rear of Redut.
    Amazes me how many designs put missiles so close to the bridge where misfire or combat damage could potentially wipe out the command crew.
    The cost is slightly lower traverse arc for the gun but it's still a pretty good arc, definitely better than 20385.

I don't like just one AK-630 or even the original 2*, they have poor arcs & a lot of the arc is blocked for the Centaur fire control radar by the funnels.
    It's tempting to think it's just a temp setup for something better later but I see nowhere to put a better point defence like Naval Pantsir, Naval Tor or even a Gibhka without looking really odd & probably being a big CoG issue.

I still don't like Urans instead of UKSK.
    I want to see a better explanation for the containerised system, from what I've seen of it I think its much more limited than people are assuming

TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TheArmenian Today at 11:59 am

These two videos will help you find some answers:

Pay close attention of how those motor boats for special forces are launched. The ship can accommodate at least 3 of those.

This is a true multi purpose ship: Anti air (Redut), anti-ship (Uran + anti-ship Kalibr in container), anti submarine (paket + helicopter), anti land (Kalibr + 100mm) and special forces (fast boats).

In a package that is stealthy and quiet (CODLAG propulsion).

SeigSoloyvov
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  SeigSoloyvov Today at 1:25 pm

The plan is to build 10 of these, so not a bad ship Russia could use more frigates.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:18 pm

Current date/time is Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:18 pm