Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+48
Teshub
starman
zg18
Neutrality
Khepesh
airstrike
SturmGuard
Sinan
crod
TheArmenian
GunshipDemocracy
Regular
Mindstorm
GarryB
Viktor
Big_Gazza
BKP
JohninMK
PapaDragon
KoTeMoRe
miketheterrible
SeigSoloyvov
arpakola
Vann7
kvs
AlfaT8
zarib
Isos
OminousSpudd
Walther von Oldenburg
storm333
auslander
Airman
Project Canada
zorobabel
magnumcromagnon
VladimirSahin
KiloGolf
Skandalwitwe
Erk
medo
0nillie0
higurashihougi
d_taddei2
George1
par far
calm
franco
52 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #10

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:55 pm

In Video: NDF destroys sniper nest in Aleppo, using a B-10 anti tank gun lovely, i have always said these old anti tank guns still have a good use especially in urban warfare, they can still blow buildings to bits. The B-11, SPG-9, ZiS-2, BS-3, T-12 as well as other guns which their original use was different to what they are being used as now in Syria such as anti aircraft guns used in direct fire role such a 61-K, S-60, KS-19, KS-30, 52-K, and artillery guns such as D-44, and ZiS-3, have all been proven to be useful, but i think that the ZU-23-2, and ZPU-1/2/4, have been shown to be the most useful in the conflict mounted on 4x4's, and trucks and used in direct fire role.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/video-ndf-destroys-sniper-nest-aleppo/
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

Post  JohninMK Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:29 pm

Map from the BBC. No mention today of the attack on the Russian hospital. But they did say that that tweeting 3 year old is alive. Strange priorities.

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 _92717672_iraq_syria_control_624_28nov
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:06 am

What? Shocked
    https://twitter.com/AleppoMarch
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 Cy8juQyXAAQn40_
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:51 am

Right. Which Aleppo? Sounds like another jihadi support parade.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:01 am

Ron paul warns of false flag to push Trump (or whoever is in power) into a war.

KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:32 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:What's this AK? I've never seen one with such a barrel before.
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 Unknow10

Old style "ded moroz" stance with the sling coming around the front post to "normally" try and play with it and reduce impulse. Needless to say hes doing it wrong.
    Im talking about the rifle.

Lemme show you in clear...

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 Saa-cleaning

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 05-08-2012-12-08-00-763mdf93205

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 1000xsu13

See it's normal AK with the sling wrapped around the front post and the other AK is a classic AKM pattern.
    Now I got it. You just worded it as if you were talking about the stance of the soldier. I've never seen this wrapping of the sling before. Is this also done in the Russian army?
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:35 am

Sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about.
    If you served, you should know the AKM and the whole sling situation pretty well.
    I havent served. When I shoot AKs for fun I shoot them sling dangling with the same comfort. That's why I'm asking.
    your profile pic is really bad taste, one wonders how the mods keep missing it.

As opposed to your megaliidea profile pic before? At least mine shows the territories where there is a majority Bulgarian population before they were genocided after WW1. But you're right. Time to choose another profile pic. This one's been staying for too long.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:44 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:I havent served.

It all makes sense now.

KomissarBojanchev wrote:As opposed to your megaliidea profile pic before?

As opposed to you not reading the small print that came along with it pwnd

KomissarBojanchev wrote:territories where there is a majority Bulgarian population before they were genocided after WW1

Might want to see a professional about that vintage Balkan strοnkism of yours.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:00 am

KiloGolf wrote:It all makes sense now.

WTF? Is the a forum only for veterans now?
    What the hell did that have to do with my original question?

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:21 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:What's this AK? I've never seen one with such a barrel before.

Old style "ded moroz" stance with the sling coming around the front post to "normally" try and play with it and reduce impulse. Needless to say hes doing it wrong.

Lemme show you in clear...

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 Saa-cleaning

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 05-08-2012-12-08-00-763mdf93205

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 1000xsu13

See it's normal AK with the sling wrapped around the front post and the other AK is a classic AKM pattern.
    Now I got it. You just worded it as if you were talking about the stance of the soldier. I've never seen this wrapping of the sling before. Is this also done in the Russian army?

Yes, I'm sorry. Sometimes I try hard to be funny and end up being incomprehensible.
    That is done in most AK-pattern equipped armies but with a twist, you have to use the full length of the sling and try and wrap the sling around you (one of the arms) when you fire. so the weapon is mechanically arrested to the shooting arm, which theoretically should give you more control, unfortunately, most of AKM slings are too short for a torso wrap and the arm wrap is really annoying. So it ends up being mainly a comfort thing, making the sling placate the rifle and thus not dangling, which can cause snagging (inside vehicle). This in less "gifted" armies also results some times in front posts being unusable because of soldiers wrapping the sling too high or too tight and some times with the Russian-style AK front posts the sling jumps and gets tangled inside the font post slightly moving the aiming needle.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:59 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:It all makes sense now.

WTF? Is the a forum only for veterans now?
    What the hell did that have to do with my original question?

Based on that reply of yours things just make more sense.
    The whole map herp derp, etc. from your side. But we go OT and this is an important thread.

PS. send me your questions as PM
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:29 pm

SAA controls the neighborhood #Al_Shaar East of #Aleppo
    #SYRIA

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 L68wfv7

Syrian Ministry of Defense announced the liberation of Marjeh and Sheikh Lutfi neighborhoods of Eastern Aleppo
    https://twitter.com/mod_gov_sy/status/806145772790181888
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 28zwDPr
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:14 pm

Horrifying stuff. Looks that the last serious terrorist push in breaking the Aleppo siege had some serious funding.

SELF-PROCLAIMED “JIHADI CONSULTING FIRM” OPERATES IN SYRIA (PHOTOS, VIDEOS)

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 Cy7S6SxVIAAFpi6

A self-proclaimed jihadist consulting firm has been discovered in Syria. The group calls itself “Malhama Tactical”. It’s led by “Abu Rofiq”, a Uzbek national that speaks Russian and claims that he served in the Russian Airbone Troops (also known as VDV). The group consists of mainly Uzbek nationals. It’s well equipped and trained.

Since 2016, Malhama Tactical has been operating in Syria (mainly in the area of Aleppo) as a jihadi consulting firm that allegedly conducts advice and assistance missions for other jihadi factions and occasionally serves as an elite offensive unit.

https://southfront.org/self-proclaimed-jihadi-consulting-firm-operates-in-syria-photos-videos/
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:37 pm

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 9XEFlmJ
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:57 pm

KiloGolf wrote:Horrifying stuff. Looks that the last serious terrorist push in breaking the Aleppo siege had some serious funding.

A self-proclaimed jihadist consulting firm has been discovered in Syria. The group calls itself “Malhama Tactical”. It’s led by “Abu Rofiq”, a Uzbek national that speaks Russian and claims that he served in the Russian Airbone Troops (also known as VDV). The group consists of mainly Uzbek nationals. It’s well equipped and trained.

Since 2016, Malhama Tactical has been operating in Syria (mainly in the area of Aleppo) as a jihadi consulting firm that allegedly conducts advice and assistance missions for other jihadi factions and occasionally serves as an elite offensive unit.

https://southfront.org/self-proclaimed-jihadi-consulting-firm-operates-in-syria-photos-videos/

A few Uzbeks advising and fighting on the front-lines is not evidence for any sort of serious funding.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:07 pm

KiloGolf wrote:Horrifying stuff. Looks that the last serious terrorist push in breaking the Aleppo siege had some serious funding.

Lol not a secret they have been tacticooling on youtube for at least one year. There's nothing "consulting" about them, mainly a lot of posing and field improvisation. There's one of their vids about clearing built up area which is nothing more than a copy paste of the gazillion such videos on YT. Even ISIS does these kind of crap.

Also a well financed group doesn't need to ruin exercise VOG-25 to make plastic offensive grenades. They just get V-40 copies from Croatia or spain, just like the Nusrat idiots which were. These are turkish goons with less cash that what you think.

KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:22 pm

Odin of Ossetia wrote:A few Uzbeks advising and fighting on the front-lines is not evidence for any sort of serious funding.

Read the article, watch the videos. These are mercenaries, paid to instruct and fight. Yeah that needs serious money for the standards of the slowly defeated insurgency in Syria.

@Kotemore I never claimed these are expensive mercenaries by western or ex-WP standards, but this comes to prove how the so-called ''revolution'' is a bunch of paid fighters doing the hard bits and probably an endless stream of beardie, zombie body-bags following them.

Last edited by KiloGolf on Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Skandalwitwe
    Skandalwitwe

Post  Skandalwitwe Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:28 pm

calm wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 9XEFlmJ

Since it seems we're nearing the end game in East Aleppo...where will the beardies make their last stand? All quarters were captured rather easily against almost all expectations incl. mine. Can it be explained by something like 'rolling off from behind' with little or no defensive positions prepared?
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:28 pm

arpakola wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

I request from member KomissarBojanchev, ( Join date : 2012-08-05)   or the administrators, to change his PROVOCATIVE photo from his profile.

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 547-97

========================================

http://www.greek-islands.us/map-greece/greece-map.gif

Who cares, from a country that fought on Germany's side during both world wars.

I could not give a damn about their fictional friendship towards Russia.

The Alawite regime in Syria and Bulgaria, they both hang around the Russians for the selfish benefits.

KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Skandalwitwe wrote:
    calm wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 9XEFlmJ

Since it seems we're nearing the end game in East Aleppo...where will the beardies make their last stand? All quarters were captured rather easily against almost all expectations incl. mine. Can it be explained by something like 'rolling off from behind' with little or no defensive positions prepared?

I'd give it a few more days and it's game over in Aleppo city. I think the siege is making an impact only in the last few days.

Also looking at the map, does that ''rebel'' portion qualify as East Aleppo anymore?  If the citadel is the center of the city, the beardies seem to have lost everything on the East and hold a small pocket in the south, south-west.

Details on the SAA gains today in East Aleppo:

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 CzAZ_Z0XUAAtBiY

The 'Nimr' Tiger ‏@Souria4Syrians  1h1 hour ago
    East #Aleppo 7 districts liberated today
    - Al Sha'ar
    - Jouret Awwad
    - Karm Al Qaterji
    - Turbat Lala
    - Al Marjeh
    - Shiekh Lutf
    - Karz Dada

https://twitter.com/Souria4Syrians/status/806173828418338816

It seems that a major objective here was to secure as much real estate near the airport as possible. This effectively makes Aleppo Int'l operational and safe again and it took some pressure off the Nayrab airbase within airport limits, which until now was only 2 km or less away from the insurgents yesterday and less than 1 km last week.

Now there's a good 3 km distance between the enemy lines (Marja sqr) and the outer airport perimeter.
    The terminal itself is about 4.5 km away and Nayrab facilities at over 3.5 km. Not bad.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:40 pm

Here's a glimpse of these unsavory fellows, right now in Aleppo.

Dire situation indeed, it's cold, they're low on ammo and on the run. They still seem to have an MBT here and there and some recoiless, captured or improvised. The remaining neighborhoods under FSA control seem just plain empty.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:48 pm

some good news

jihadists rebels surrender almost all of east Aleppo.

The Jihadist rebels of Fatah Halab have surrendered almost all of the east Aleppo pocket after an agreement was put in place between the Russian and Turkish governments tonight.

According to a military officer in east Aleppo, the Fatah Halab militants will surrender at least 4 districts to the Syrian Arab Army (SAA), leaving nearly 85 percent of the east Aleppo pocket under government control.

The districts that are being surrendered to the Syrian government per the Russo-Turk agreement are the following: Al-Farafrah, Karm Al-Jabal, Bab Hadid and Afion.

The remaining districts that were not surrendered to the Syrian government will remain under Jaysh Al-Fatah control; these jihadists are primarily embedded in Sheikh Sa'eed, Sheikh Lifti, and Marjah.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/jihadists-rebels-surrender-almost-east-aleppo/
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:56 pm

These are the Turkish supported rebels, the Saudi / Gulf supported ones are still fighting but running out of ammo by their cry's on twitter. Time to meet your maker and receive your 72 virgin...fleas.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:00 pm

Ordinary building right? Nop its an ammo depot used by militants in Shaar district of East #Aleppo #Syria
    source - https://twitter.com/Ald_Aba/status/806256392441135107
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 CzBkTVjWgAE9MR-Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 CzBklOqXUAQ9I3_Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 CzBkoPUWQAAeisjSyrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 CzBln9KWQAApc7W
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:04 pm

There was a lack of medical supplies in Eastern #Aleppo .. Well maybe for civilians but for rebels that is not a case.. #Syria
    Nov 28
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 CyYU5wNXcAA0tpWSyrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 CyYU8S5WEAEB7N-Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 CyYVA3aWEAATkRxSyrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 CyYVLbEXgAAaT8Z

Today
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 CzBmcUUXUAMtuHTSyrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 CzBmm_AXcAAzBi8Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 CzBmqmwXAAAuZgWSyrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 CzBmtAsXUAAlsW-
    Rebels always leave Turkish enema kits & lotions behind.
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 29 CzBlDfFXcAAEA1j

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 am