Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Share
    avatar
    0nillie0

    Posts : 69
    Points : 71
    Join date : 2016-05-15
    Age : 31
    Location : Flanders, Belgium

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  0nillie0 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:49 pm

    So the official response of Belgian Minister of Defence "Vandeput" goes something like this :

    1. Russia is simply making false information public to distract the world from their own air strikes and the subsequent collateral damage.
    -> Classic NATO rhetoric.

    2. He does not share information about Belgian airstrikes or operations with the general public, as this would compromise internal security.
    -> Playing the "terrorist security" card.

    3. The Russian ambassador did not provide proof during the meeting.
    -> At the time of the meeting with the ambassador , the information was not yet released obviously. Conveniently, there is no talk about the current information that has been made available.

    4. It is impossible to prove that one has NOT been in a certain location...(quoted literally).
    -> This is the most idiotic thing i have seen in a while, as the flight location of the F-16's could easely be made public if he wanted to. But again, drawing the "internal security" card on that...

    Some of the opposition has spoken in support of the Minister of Defense, but typical hollow statements about Russia being known for spreading misinformation, rather than actually discussing the provided information...

    My guess is this will all go away very quickly, unless some of the opposition or media jumps on it. Which again, is unlikely, since both of them don't like to kick up dust when there are bigger fish to fry internally.
    avatar
    medo

    Posts : 3222
    Points : 3308
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  medo on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:13 pm

    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-isis-shoots-us-aircraft-northeastern-syria/

    ISIL shot down US A-10 jet in Markadah town in northeastern Syria. The fate of pilot is not known. US treatened to Russia, that they will send modern SAMs to terrorists to shot down russian planes. It seems their planes are the first victims of those SAMs they give to terrorists.

    JohninMK

    Posts : 5069
    Points : 5132
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:18 pm

    medo wrote:https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-isis-shoots-us-aircraft-northeastern-syria/

    ISIL shot down US A-10 jet in Markadah town in northeastern Syria. The fate of pilot is not known. US treatened to Russia, that they will send modern SAMs to terrorists to shot down russian planes. It seems their planes are the first victims of those SAMs they give to terrorists.
    Officially denied by the US
    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1292
    Points : 1294
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  calm on Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:19 pm

    Turkey released video of 6 airstrikes vs #SDF/#YPG positions in N. #Aleppo.

    Video


    Geolocations - https://twitter.com/fevziincii/status/789145538306383872

    http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=36.411578&lon=37.235413&z=15&m=b
    avatar
    0nillie0

    Posts : 69
    Points : 71
    Join date : 2016-05-15
    Age : 31
    Location : Flanders, Belgium

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  0nillie0 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:30 pm

    0nillie0 wrote:So the official response of Belgian Minister of Defence "Vandeput" goes something like this :

    1. Russia is simply making false information public to distract the world from their own air strikes and the subsequent collateral damage.
    -> Classic NATO rhetoric.

    2. He does not share information about Belgian airstrikes or operations with the general public, as this would compromise internal security.
    -> Playing the "terrorist security" card.

    3. The Russian ambassador did not provide proof during the meeting.
    -> At the time of the meeting with the ambassador , the information was not yet released obviously. Conveniently, there is no talk about the current information that has been made available.

    4. It is impossible to prove that one has NOT been in a certain location...(quoted literally).
    -> This is the most idiotic thing i have seen in a while, as the flight location of the F-16's could easely be made public if he wanted to. But again, drawing the "internal security" card on that...

    Some of the opposition has spoken in support of the Minister of Defense, but typical hollow statements about Russia being known for spreading misinformation, rather than actually discussing the provided information...

    My guess is this will all go away very quickly, unless some of the opposition or media jumps on it. Which again, is unlikely, since both of them don't like to kick up dust when there are bigger fish to fry internally.

    Sorry to be quoting myself and to repost on this topic.

    But as was expected. The story was covered by most of the big national news agencies, and was even the top story headline in some.
    Wouldn't you know it. One hour after Russia provides proof, the story has been deleted from most of the big news websites...
    Not even a mention in the archives.... The media has begun the cover-up. Out of sight, out of mind.

    Back to video's of Mosul beeing "liberated" with help from the Coalition...

    Rolling Eyes

    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1292
    Points : 1294
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  calm on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:51 pm



    JohninMK

    Posts : 5069
    Points : 5132
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:37 pm

    The plot thickens, 'Not us Gov!' from the Belgians. So who's F-16s were they?

    BRUSSELS (Sputnik) — The Belgian Defense Ministry confirmed on Thursday receiving data from Moscow about an alleged deadly airstrike on a village near Syria's Aleppo but said the provided ID numbers of the aircraft did not belong to Belgian warplanes.

    "The identification numbers "friend-or-foe" (IFF) placed on the map, which, according to the Russian Defense Ministry, belong to the Belgian warplanes, are incorrect and in no way refer to the aircraft in service with the Belgian air force," the ministry said in a statement.


    Read more: https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201610211046564559-belgium-aircraft-aleppo-strike-incorrect/
    avatar
    Erk

    Posts : 483
    Points : 494
    Join date : 2015-04-26

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Erk on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:08 am

    Damascus has reacted harshly to the bombing of Kurdish militias in northern Syria on Thursday morning by Turkey’s air force, vowing to intervene next time Ankara sends its planes over its border.

    In a statement, the Syrian Defense Ministry accused Turkey of “flagrant aggression, which targeted innocent citizens,” saying that it considers it “a dangerous development that could escalate the situation.”

    “Any attempt to once again breach Syrian airspace by Turkish war planes will be dealt with and they will be brought down by all means available,” warned Damascus, whose planes, which have flown in concert with a Russian expeditionary force, have been avoiding direct confrontation with unauthorized NATO jets.
    https://www.rt.com/news/363579-syria-warns-turkey-bombing-kurds/

    Funny when there is a cease fire, it's a signal for NATO jets to start bombing something in Syria.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3911
    Points : 3938
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:26 am

    calm wrote:

    The patient is reacting well to his Chemotherapy. Almost there.
    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2149
    Points : 2250
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  higurashihougi on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:25 pm

    JohninMK wrote:The plot thickens, 'Not us Gov!' from the Belgians. So who's F-16s were they?

    Probably from the ISAF What a Face What a Face

    JohninMK

    Posts : 5069
    Points : 5132
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:39 pm

    That stuff should be banned.

    The US-led coalition fighting Daesh terrorist group has used depleted-uranium bombs on at least two occasions in Syria, according to IRIN, which focuses on coverage of humanitarian news.

    WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The US Central Command has confirmed the use of the munitions on November 18 and 23, 2015. The munitions were chosen due to the nature of targets at the time, the news agency cited the Central Command as saying.

    The timeline of the two attacks nearly a year ago correlates with an active phase of the US military’s Tidal Wave II campaign, aimed at disabling oil production infrastructure used by Daesh terrorists, according to media reports.

    The use of bombs and other munitions containing depleted uranium is controversial because of health risks associated with exposure to the toxic metal.

    Read more: https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201610211046594169-daesh-coalition-uranium/
    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1292
    Points : 1294
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  calm on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:18 am

    #SyrianArmy getting ready for the militants next big attack operation

    To #Aleppo #Op_DawnOfVictory


    avatar
    Airman

    Posts : 286
    Points : 330
    Join date : 2016-10-15
    Location : Turkey

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Airman on Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:40 am

    calm wrote:Turkey released video of 6 airstrikes vs #SDF/#YPG positions in N. #Aleppo.

    Video



    Turkish Air Force striked YPG positions in Afrin. General Staff of Turkey said "160-200 YPG/PKK Terorists killed".

    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3911
    Points : 3938
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:37 am

    Looks like a mix between GBU 12 and GBU 16. All hits look effective from the smoke, but we will never know how many they killed. What is really obvious is that these weren't bakeries.

    Well we're about to see how far the Kurds are going to get BFed.

    JohninMK

    Posts : 5069
    Points : 5132
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:43 pm

    WTF is this and is it Syria?

    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3911
    Points : 3938
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:31 pm

    JohninMK wrote:WTF is this and is it Syria?


    Syria, Syrian Militia firing Malyutka on beardies.
    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1292
    Points : 1294
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  calm on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:22 pm

    Syrian MoD : we will deal with Turkish army on Syrian soil as an occupied force ,and we will stop it in all possible ways

    Turkish tanks in Mare.
    https://twitter.com/mutludc/status/789763999076343808
    avatar
    Skandalwitwe

    Posts : 35
    Points : 37
    Join date : 2016-10-22
    Location : beer breweries are numerous here

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Skandalwitwe on Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:41 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:WTF is this and is it Syria?


    Syria, Syrian Militia firing Malyutka on beardies.

    hey...what happened to the beloved erratic flght path of the Malytka? Surprised
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3911
    Points : 3938
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:06 pm

    Skandalwitwe wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:WTF is this and is it Syria?


    Syria, Syrian Militia firing Malyutka on beardies.

    hey...what happened to the beloved erratic flght path of the Malytka? Surprised

    It is erratic, just potato cam....
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2606
    Points : 2644
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  franco on Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:54 pm

    Reinforcements arriving in Aleppo in preparation of attack from rebels massing to the west of the city.

    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/massive-convoy-syrian-army-reinforcements-arrive-aleppo-2/
    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1292
    Points : 1294
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  calm on Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:20 am

    Nearly 2.000 soldiers arrived Aleppo.More reinforcements will come in this weekend (mostly from Damascus Front)

    As i said before, forget about IS and destroy pockets around Damascus, then move to Al-Rastan.
    Darayya, Modameyya, Al Hamah and Qudssaya liberated, and some 2500 militants evacuated, 50% transferred to Idlib, 50% got amnesty.

    Some 5000+ troops freed for other fronts.
    SAA finally doing it right.

    East Ghouta


    West Ghouta
    Militants in Al Traybah signed a truce last week. SAA keep advancing.

    West Ghouta



    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2065
    Points : 2083
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KiloGolf on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:42 am

    calm wrote:




    @02:28

    avatar
    calm

    Posts : 1292
    Points : 1294
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  calm on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:58 am

    ^
    T-72 Adra
    Syria developed the 'Adra' upgrade for their T-72 tanks in the town of Adra
    Apparently quite effective against RPGs

    Oct 2
    #SAA 5 T-72 and 1 Shilka heavily armored with slat and spaced armor get ready to storm Dir Kbeah in #Damascus country side


    avatar
    VladimirSahin

    Posts : 414
    Points : 432
    Join date : 2013-11-29
    Age : 26
    Location : Florida

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  VladimirSahin on Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:31 am

    1.5K troops plus Russian advisory has arrived in Aleppo, probably the final thrust for East Aleppo.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3911
    Points : 3938
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:57 am

    KiloGolf wrote:
    calm wrote:




    @02:28


    We're all waiting for Combat Buryats to pop out and stop hordes of FSA.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:26 am