Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+66
AMCXXL
ALAMO
Mir
Russian_Patriot_
xeno
Kiko
owais.usmani
ultimatewarrior
MiamiMachineShop
Gazputin
SeigSoloyvov
GunshipDemocracy
Truck
Rodion_Romanovic
dino00
PapaDragon
LMFS
walle83
eehnie
hoom
marat
JohninMK
KiloGolf
Isos
verkhoturye51
Hole
Kimppis
miketheterrible
Luq man
Peŕrier
franco
AlfaT8
T-47
George1
miroslav
Russian Patriot
Honesroc
Benya
Flanky
Mirlo
OminousSpudd
ult
Zivo
Cplnew83
wilhelm
Werewolf
Dima
zg18
kvs
Firebird
Big_Gazza
magnumcromagnon
Vympel
Flyingdutchman
runaway
navyfield
KomissarBojanchev
flamming_python
medo
TheArmenian
TR1
GarryB
sepheronx
milky_candy_sugar
Viktor
Admin
70 posters

Project 11711: "Ivan Gren" class

Zivo
    Zivo

Project 11711: "Ivan Gren" class - Page 6 Empty Re: Project 11711: "Ivan Gren" class

Post  Zivo Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:24 am

Cplnew83 wrote:The forward mounted CIWS is a DUET, no ?

Correct, АK-630М-2.
    George1
    George1

Project 11711: "Ivan Gren" class - Page 6 Empty Re: Project 11711: "Ivan Gren" class

Post  George1 Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:32 pm

Finally!! russia

Sea trials of amphibious ship "Ivan Gren" will begin in January
    wilhelm

Post  wilhelm Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:57 pm

That's good news for the Navy and Russia, especially considering the Syrian deployment.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:52 pm

cheers Finally the BSF gets powerful modern landing ship. I though I'd never see the day. The decision to complete it shows that there's still reason remaining in the russian navy leadership.

I hope they can use it ASAP in syria as an extra transport and as a show of force of the marines.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:10 pm

Recent one:

Project 11711: "Ivan Gren" class - Page 6 Attachment
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:14 pm

well it only took them 11+ years No
    In that time they could have repaired and put back in-action the two huge Ivan Rogovs.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:23 am

Large landing ship "Ivan Gren" put in the dock for painting the underwater hull

As previously reported,"Ivan Gren" project 11711 will begin factory sea trials in late January 2016, the exact date of transmission of the Russian Navy has not been determined. However, at the end of 2015 the ship was settling crew for sea trials and, according to the latest reports, are scheduled to begin in February.

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1698791.html

Post  Guest Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:12 am

KiloGolf wrote:well it only took them 11+ years No
    In that time they could have repaired and put back in-action the two huge Ivan Rogovs.

Overhauling Ivan Rogov class shouldnt take more than 2 years per ship. Maybe even a year, but since we are talking about Russians lets give them some slack Smile

Post  Guest Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:13 am

George1 wrote:Large landing ship "Ivan Gren" put in the dock for painting the underwater hull

As previously reported,"Ivan Gren" project 11711 will begin factory sea trials in late January 2016, the exact date of transmission of the Russian Navy has not been determined. However, at the end of 2015 the ship was settling crew for sea trials and, according to the latest reports, are scheduled to begin in February.

Outfitting took so long that it started rusting. I truly hate this ship...
    wilhelm

Post  wilhelm Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:39 pm

What diesels are used to propel the Ivan Gren Class?
    Is it the same diesels as found in the Admiral Gorshkov Class?

Post  Guest Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:51 pm

wilhelm wrote:What diesels are used to propel the Ivan Gren Class?
    Is it the same diesels as found in the Admiral Gorshkov Class?

I belive it uses 10Д49 http://www.korabel.ru/equipment/item_view/345170.html produced by OAO http://www.kolomnadiesel.com/productions/diesel_engine/d49/

Project 11711: "Ivan Gren" class - Page 6 10D49
    wilhelm

Post  wilhelm Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Thanks Militarov. So the same as the Gorshkov then.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:48 am

Militarov wrote:
    George1 wrote:Large landing ship "Ivan Gren" put in the dock for painting the underwater hull

Outfitting took so long that it started rusting. I truly hate this ship...

Well it was not breaking any speed records at any point during development but the whole thing did get put on ice for very long time because of Mistral acquisition. When that fell trough they got it back on the roster.

I just hope that when they start building that new one (Rotterdam class look alike) they stick with it instead of dicking around like they did with this one.

Gren would have been a good ship had they even remotely stuck with the schedule.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:56 am

Rust develops quite fast on ships for obvious reasons.  I seen new ships from US that have it.  It just is a costly and time consuming procedure to paint it again and again.  Ivan gren probably repainted many times already.  This ships is quote important yet it has taken them forever to come out due to constant changes being made.  Should have had basic defenses and thats it.  But no, of course it cannot be that simple.

Post  Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:51 pm

sepheronx wrote:Rust develops quite fast on ships for obvious reasons.  I seen new ships from US that have it.  It just is a costly and time consuming procedure to paint it again and again.  Ivan gren probably repainted many times already.  This ships is quote important yet it has taken them forever to come out due to constant changes being made.  Should have had basic defenses and thats it.  But no, of course it cannot be that simple.

Well yeah, rust is normal thing on ships especially those used in salt water, however i was always amused by the fact that every single Russian ship rusts so much after only a year or two in service, must be the paint...

Yeah for so many years they could build 2 aircraft carriers...
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:49 pm

If the ships structure is made out metal than it will rust faster. Newer Russian ships use a mixture of composit material so it may not rust or take a lot longer.  Ivan Gren isnt new and the ship just pisses me off because od poor management decisions.

Actually, I dont even know if a lot of the older ships were galvanized.  I know in Russia they opened up a second galvanizing shop for automotive but I dont know how it is done for ship building.  I imagine it is a more basic method in the recent past.

Post  Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:38 pm

sepheronx wrote:If the ships structure is made out metal than it will rust faster. Newer Russian ships use a mixture of composit material so it may not rust or take a lot longer.  Ivan Gren isnt new and the ship just pisses me off because od poor management decisions.

Actually, I dont even know if a lot of the older ships were galvanized.  I know in Russia they opened up a second galvanizing shop for automotive but I dont know how it is done for ship building.  I imagine it is a more basic method in the recent past.

Well marine steel itself should be somewhat more resistant to rust https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_grade_stainless naturally there is like 50 variations of "marine grade steel"...
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:05 pm

Ship hulls use cathodic protection where by the hull is protected from corrosion by introducing a more corrosive metal/plates (anode). These plates gets corroded with time and is replaced by new ones. Its a more practical approach and cost effective than new hull plates or using galvanized plates (making the plate a cathode by having a coating which acts as anode). 

Russian Institute of Power Radiobuilding
    http://www.rimr.ru/eng/

Ship cathode-protection systems

JSC "RIPR" collaborates with Central Research Institute "Prometey" in the sphere of equipping the vessels, boats and floating stations with cathode-protection systems.

Cathode-protection systems against corrosion of underwater parts of the bodies of sea vessels of unrestricted sailing area (incl. ice-beakers), as well as underwater parts of the bodies of floating power-plants, gas-and-oil producing platforms and other floating structures, with reduced voltage direct current with its automatic adjustment acc. to specified protection potential of the ship.

Implemented projects:

- Federal Program "Shelf" which supports production of high-tech plants and equipment for seabed mining of oil, gas and for development of hydrocarbon deposits at continental shelf of the Arctic  The first large project was offshore ice-resistant fixed platform (MLSP) "Prirazlomnaya" designed for development of oil deposit of the same name at the Pechora Bay shelf of the  Barents Sea. "Prirazlomnaya" iestimated operation life is 25 years for severe conditions.

- Aircraft carrier "Admiral Gorshkov"

- Cutters (boarder boats).

The unique features of the system is the use of special technologies to manufacture the anodes and reference electrodes, as well as the long-term experience to produce the intelligent power supplies.

›  Technical behaviour

Output current : 50 ? (Output current)

Output voltage: 24 V
    ›  Assignment

Advantages of active cathode protection:

- full corrosion elimination for ship plating and weld joints;

- reliability;

- longevity;

- ship plating thickness margin reduction;

- minimum maintenance at maximum economical efficiency.

"RIPR" JSC is developing the TPC-type static converters (for cathode-protection systems’ power supply):

- TPC 1-200-24

- TPC 3-200-24

- TPC 3-200-36

- TPC 3-200-36?.

The converters for cathode-protection systems of ships and floating structures have the Certificates of Russian Maritime Registry of Shipping.  

The Specifications of converters for cathode-protection systems for ships are established with due regard for ??? 6.1.40 requirements and approved by Central research Institute of Ministry of Defense.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:23 pm

Thanks for the explanation.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:19 am

You guys really annoy me sometimes...

I want a pony and I want it now...

Perhaps we could give them some credit for having more information in front of them than we have... who gives a fuck how long a boat take to build... if they are ordering Mistrals and when that falls through they are talking about building a new landing vessel in 2018-2020 or so then WTF would they want to bring the Ivan Rogovs back into service for?

Why not put a Sverdlov back in service while you are at it.

For all we know they might have plans to carry vehicles and aircraft that an IR can't carry. The Ivan Gren has already been rejected as a sea going long range landing vessel. They could use a couple to replace Alligator class vessels for instance, but they need to think in the long term... not based on the patience of Internet Warriors like us.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:15 am

Ivan Gren" in the dock bmpd January 31st, 0:07

As previously reported, is nearly completed construction at JSC "Baltic shipyard "Yantar" in Kaliningrad head a large landing ship "Ivan Gren" project 11711 is drydocked before the upcoming release on factory sea trials. There were photos of the "Ivan Gren" in floating dock of shipyard "Yantar".

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1709701.html
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:31 am

And the photos of the article

Project 11711: "Ivan Gren" class - Page 6 2790784_original

Project 11711: "Ivan Gren" class - Page 6 2791207_original

Project 11711: "Ivan Gren" class - Page 6 2791092_original
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:05 pm

GarryB wrote:You guys really annoy me sometimes...

I want a pony and I want it now...

Perhaps we could give them some credit for having more information in front of them than we have... who gives a fuck how long a boat take to build... if they are ordering Mistrals and when that falls through they are talking about building a new landing vessel in 2018-2020 or so then WTF would they want to bring the Ivan Rogovs back into service for?

Why not put a Sverdlov back in service while you are at it.

For all we know they might have plans to carry vehicles and aircraft that an IR can't carry. The Ivan Gren has already been rejected as a sea going long range landing vessel. They could use a couple to replace Alligator class vessels for instance, but they need to think in the long term... not based on the patience of Internet Warriors like us.

No I think there's a valid point on the whole Ivan Gren project being unreasonably late, small and obsolete. I Rogov boats (both) had/have much more to offer. A decade ago through to... today. Seeing as they are built and do nothing atm. It's all about dedicating the right resources to the right direction. This class is the wrong direction. Aligators belong to a different era, trying to build an oversized version them today (and failing so hard) is unwise.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:45 pm

Rogovs also designed in a different era, as part of the expansion of the Soviet Navy's amphibious capabilities in the 1970s.
    Only Moskalenko however could be brought back to service. The other ships decommissioned time nears 20 years so you realize how unnecessary and costly will be to return them in active status, or return only 1 ship of that class.
    I am sure they are qoing to work in an improved amphibious ship design
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:29 am

Degaussing

Project 11711: "Ivan Gren" class - Page 6 2807286_original

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1723554.html

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 am