Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Share
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5518
    Points : 5563
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  Militarov on Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:35 am

    "Crew of "Ivan Gren" landing ship to begin moving on board next week as part of preparation for pierside testing in late Nov 2015. after that shall begin factory sea trials after which it shall be delivered to the buyer by the end of 2015."



    ITS ALIVE, its actually happening, damn thing will be delivered to the Navy Very Happy

    Source: http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/2333691
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10215
    Points : 10703
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  George1 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:24 pm

    do we know in which fleet is going to be assigned?


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 4994
    Points : 5102
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:45 pm

    George1 wrote:do we know in which fleet is going to be assigned?

    Given the fact that Syrian ''al voentorog'' is in full swing answer is obvious... Very Happy
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5518
    Points : 5563
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  Militarov on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:21 pm

    George1 wrote:do we know in which fleet is going to be assigned?

    I assume Black Sea, tho you never know.
    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1702
    Points : 1863
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  TheArmenian on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:35 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Fresh pic, looks like they added thing or two...or not, can't tell...


    This is the latest photo (yesterday).
    See the differences. It even has a bort number now.


    marat

    Posts : 151
    Points : 153
    Join date : 2015-04-26

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  marat on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:35 am

    Any update? I gues she will not be put in service until spring Sad

    wilhelm

    Posts : 227
    Points : 231
    Join date : 2014-12-09

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  wilhelm on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:19 pm

    Russia could really have done with these vessels transport capabilities for the Syrian situation.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 4994
    Points : 5102
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:30 am


    Fresh pic

    avatar
    Cplnew83

    Posts : 16
    Points : 20
    Join date : 2015-05-31
    Age : 46
    Location : France

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  Cplnew83 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:07 am

    The forward mounted CIWS is a DUET, no ?
    avatar
    Zivo

    Posts : 1494
    Points : 1528
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  Zivo on Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:24 am

    Cplnew83 wrote:The forward mounted CIWS is a DUET, no ?

    Correct, АK-630М-2.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10215
    Points : 10703
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  George1 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:32 pm

    Finally!! russia

    Sea trials of amphibious ship "Ivan Gren" will begin in January


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    wilhelm

    Posts : 227
    Points : 231
    Join date : 2014-12-09

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  wilhelm on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:57 pm

    That's good news for the Navy and Russia, especially considering the Syrian deployment.
    avatar
    KomissarBojanchev

    Posts : 1170
    Points : 1329
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 19
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:52 pm

    cheers Finally the BSF gets powerful modern landing ship. I though I'd never see the day. The decision to complete it shows that there's still reason remaining in the russian navy leadership.

    I hope they can use it ASAP in syria as an extra transport and as a show of force of the marines.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 4994
    Points : 5102
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  PapaDragon on Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:10 pm


    Recent one:


    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 1833
    Points : 1861
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  KiloGolf on Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:14 pm

    well it only took them 11+ years No
    In that time they could have repaired and put back in-action the two huge Ivan Rogovs.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10215
    Points : 10703
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  George1 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:23 am

    Large landing ship "Ivan Gren" put in the dock for painting the underwater hull

    As previously reported,"Ivan Gren" project 11711 will begin factory sea trials in late January 2016, the exact date of transmission of the Russian Navy has not been determined. However, at the end of 2015 the ship was settling crew for sea trials and, according to the latest reports, are scheduled to begin in February.

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1698791.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5518
    Points : 5563
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  Militarov on Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:12 am

    KiloGolf wrote:well it only took them 11+ years No
    In that time they could have repaired and put back in-action the two huge Ivan Rogovs.

    Overhauling Ivan Rogov class shouldnt take more than 2 years per ship. Maybe even a year, but since we are talking about Russians lets give them some slack Smile
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5518
    Points : 5563
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  Militarov on Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:13 am

    George1 wrote:Large landing ship "Ivan Gren" put in the dock for painting the underwater hull

    As previously reported,"Ivan Gren" project 11711 will begin factory sea trials in late January 2016, the exact date of transmission of the Russian Navy has not been determined. However, at the end of 2015 the ship was settling crew for sea trials and, according to the latest reports, are scheduled to begin in February.

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1698791.html

    Outfitting took so long that it started rusting. I truly hate this ship...

    wilhelm

    Posts : 227
    Points : 231
    Join date : 2014-12-09

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  wilhelm on Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:39 pm

    What diesels are used to propel the Ivan Gren Class?
    Is it the same diesels as found in the Admiral Gorshkov Class?
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5518
    Points : 5563
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  Militarov on Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:51 pm

    wilhelm wrote:What diesels are used to propel the Ivan Gren Class?
    Is it the same diesels as found in the Admiral Gorshkov Class?

    I belive it uses 10Д49 http://www.korabel.ru/equipment/item_view/345170.html produced by OAO http://www.kolomnadiesel.com/productions/diesel_engine/d49/


    wilhelm

    Posts : 227
    Points : 231
    Join date : 2014-12-09

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  wilhelm on Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:57 pm

    Thanks Militarov. So the same as the Gorshkov then.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 4994
    Points : 5102
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:48 am

    Militarov wrote:
    George1 wrote:Large landing ship "Ivan Gren" put in the dock for painting the underwater hull

    As previously reported,"Ivan Gren" project 11711 will begin factory sea trials in late January 2016, the exact date of transmission of the Russian Navy has not been determined. However, at the end of 2015 the ship was settling crew for sea trials and, according to the latest reports, are scheduled to begin in February.

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1698791.html

    Outfitting took so long that it started rusting. I truly hate this ship...

    Well it was not breaking any speed records at any point during development but the whole thing did get put on ice for very long time because of Mistral acquisition. When that fell trough they got it back on the roster.

    I just hope that when they start building that new one (Rotterdam class look alike) they stick with it instead of dicking around like they did with this one.

    Gren would have been a good ship had they even remotely stuck with the schedule.
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7255
    Points : 7555
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:56 am

    Rust develops quite fast on ships for obvious reasons.  I seen new ships from US that have it.  It just is a costly and time consuming procedure to paint it again and again.  Ivan gren probably repainted many times already.  This ships is quote important yet it has taken them forever to come out due to constant changes being made.  Should have had basic defenses and thats it.  But no, of course it cannot be that simple.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5518
    Points : 5563
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  Militarov on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:51 pm

    sepheronx wrote:Rust develops quite fast on ships for obvious reasons.  I seen new ships from US that have it.  It just is a costly and time consuming procedure to paint it again and again.  Ivan gren probably repainted many times already.  This ships is quote important yet it has taken them forever to come out due to constant changes being made.  Should have had basic defenses and thats it.  But no, of course it cannot be that simple.

    Well yeah, rust is normal thing on ships especially those used in salt water, however i was always amused by the fact that every single Russian ship rusts so much after only a year or two in service, must be the paint...

    Yeah for so many years they could build 2 aircraft carriers...
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7255
    Points : 7555
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:49 pm

    If the ships structure is made out metal than it will rust faster. Newer Russian ships use a mixture of composit material so it may not rust or take a lot longer.  Ivan Gren isnt new and the ship just pisses me off because od poor management decisions.

    Actually, I dont even know if a lot of the older ships were galvanized.  I know in Russia they opened up a second galvanizing shop for automotive but I dont know how it is done for ship building.  I imagine it is a more basic method in the recent past.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Project 11711E: "Ivan Gren" class

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:49 am