Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    T-90 MBT: News

    Share

    TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1511
    Points : 1674
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  TheArmenian on Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:52 am

    Looking forward to see a captured TOW on Russian TV.

    Russians like Trophies Twisted Evil

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3565
    Points : 3600
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:11 pm

    TheArmenian wrote:Looking forward to see a captured TOW on Russian TV.

    Russians like Trophies Twisted Evil

    TOW tubes have been captured as late as this february. The CLU is something that will not be easy to capture as the teams usually don't have many tubes with them, thus expose themselves very little.

    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1745
    Points : 1785
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  franco on Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:43 pm

    Read this week that the T-90A's in Syria appear to be from the first batch produced and had previously been with the 20th Motor Rifle Brigade in Volgograd. Anyone else see anything about this? Certainly will reduce the number being upgraded to T-90AM.

    Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2789
    Points : 2853
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  Mike E on Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:56 pm

    franco wrote:Read this week that the T-90A's in Syria appear to be from the first batch produced and had previously been with the 20th Motor Rifle Brigade in Volgograd. Anyone else see anything about this? Certainly will reduce the number being upgraded to T-90AM.
    Interesting. This coincides with an earlier report that the earliest T-90A's would not be upgraded to M.

    Technically, as long as they are not destroyed...

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3565
    Points : 3600
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:52 am

    franco wrote:Read this week that the T-90A's in Syria appear to be from the first batch produced and had previously been with the 20th Motor Rifle Brigade in Volgograd. Anyone else see anything about this? Certainly will reduce the number being upgraded to T-90AM.

    Those aren't T90A's. It's original T90's.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:23 am

    Original 1992 T-90's will certainly not be upgraded A's however already have necessary changes to justify an upgrade to M's.

    Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1035
    Points : 1050
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  Dima on Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:02 pm

    Военный Советник ‏@miladvisor  2 hours ago
    Presumably photo of #SAA T-90 tank from video, which was hit by militants TOW



    From this angle nothing much is visible other than damaged 'red eye's and one K-5 tile missing which probably went active.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:43 pm

    Dima wrote:Военный Советник ‏@miladvisor  2 hours ago
    Presumably photo of #SAA T-90 tank from video, which was hit by militants TOW


    From this angle nothing much is visible other than damaged 'red eye's and one K-5 tile missing which probably went active.

    ult wrote:I think this was the T-90 model 1992. Number 21_4. Did anyone mention it?




    Seems like the very exact tank and indeed the old T-90 (1992) version which has armor configuration of T-72B.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3565
    Points : 3600
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:59 pm

    T90 hype is off the roof! Nizhniy Tagil Akbaaar!

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:39 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:T90 hype is off the roof! Nizhniy Tagil Akbaaar!

    What was the TOW version TOW2A?

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:58 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:T90 hype is off the roof! Nizhniy Tagil Akbaaar!

    Meanwhile 1970's era Konkurs has proven it can penetrate the turret front of the M1A2 Abrams and destroy it. russia

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3565
    Points : 3600
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:09 am

    Werewolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:T90 hype is off the roof! Nizhniy Tagil Akbaaar!

    What was the TOW version TOW2A?

    Yes BGM-71E3 Doesn't get more explicit than that.

    And yeah Fagot or Konkurs punched right through side Abrams and armored shutter of the bustle. Not only that, but it fried the guys inside. Suddenly the 68 tons of Abroomz, don't feel that much of a safe heaven.

    Book.
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 667
    Points : 730
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  Book. on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:16 am

    В Сети, наконец, появилось фото Т-90, выдержавшего попадание ПТУР TOW-2
    Russia T-90 v Tow 2: Photo | March 20, 2016 [03.20.2016 16:08:37]

    After a wave of enthusiastic publications about "the reliability of Russian armor" appeared on the Web video hit with missiles anti-missile system in the TOW-2 T-90 tank sample in 1992 gradually came to naught. Many waited for the Syrian military publish their videos with this machine, or at least some photographs. But time passed and nothing happened. And so the suspicion began to arise on the part of the expert community, all in the case did not go so smoothly.

    These fears are denied people who were more fully informed about what is happening in Syria. Thus, the editor of the magazine "Arsenal Fatherland" Viktor Murakhovski on the forum site "Courage," said that everything is fine with the tank he arrived at the Syrian armored repair plant, where he changed the dynamic protection and headroom sights.
    http://gurkhan.blogspot.com/2016/03/90-tow-2.html



    K5 do the job. thumbsup

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  Werewolf on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:02 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:T90 hype is off the roof! Nizhniy Tagil Akbaaar!

    Meanwhile 1970's era Konkurs has proven it can penetrate the turret front of the M1A2 Abrams and destroy it. russia

    500mm RHA penetration to the side, not front. The Kornet did the iraqi M1A1M front to rear even the interior volume that can be considered as air gap armor of around two meters has not effected the Kornet penetrator in the slightest to pierce through bustle and leave crew open to fire.

    Just like i argued before it occured along with others, that ammunition bustle does not make it magically safe and since the americans do not use anything else but SABOTs and MPHEAT aimed backwards they are not going to have much boom, but as soon they load HE-frag rounds the flimsy thin ammunition bustle access door will not withstand the pressure.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3565
    Points : 3600
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:07 am

    Werewolf wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:T90 hype is off the roof! Nizhniy Tagil Akbaaar!

    Meanwhile 1970's era Konkurs has proven it can penetrate the turret front of the M1A2 Abrams and destroy it. russia

    500mm RHA penetration to the side, not front. The Kornet did the iraqi M1A1M front to rear even the interior volume that can be considered as air gap armor of around two meters has not effected the Kornet penetrator in the slightest to pierce through bustle and leave crew open to fire.

    Just like i argued before it occured along with others, that ammunition bustle does not make it magically safe and since the americans do not use anything else but SABOTs and MPHEAT aimed backwards they are not going to have much boom, but as soon they load HE-frag rounds the flimsy thin ammunition bustle access door will not withstand the pressure.

    The trick is to breach the shutter. Once the shutter is pierced overpressure will do it's thing.

    MPATS will cook you just the same and the propellant will stew you instead of roasting you. ...Them Saudis know about it.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  Werewolf on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:31 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    The trick is to breach the shutter. Once the shutter is pierced overpressure will do it's thing.

    MPATS will cook you just the same and the propellant will stew you instead of roasting you. ...Them Saudis know about it.

    True.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3673
    Points : 3785
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:40 pm


    Maker of Russia's Deadliest Tanks to Offer Tours of Its Mysterious Factory

    http://sputniknews.com/military/20160321/1036692858/uralvagonzavod-military-tourism-launch.html

    Cool

    nemrod
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 806
    Points : 1309
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    On the Russian Tank Damaged by a US Missile in Syria

    Post  nemrod on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:57 am


    I hesitated to post into the syrian conflict topic, however as this article concerns directly the technologies involving T-90, and its supposed failed anti missile shield "Shtora" I posted in this area. Could you tell please me if the TOW 2 could disabled a T-90 MS ?


    http://www.defensetech.org/2016/03/30/on-the-russian-tank-damaged-by-a-us-missile-in-syria/

    On the Russian Tank Damaged by a US Missile in Syria

    POSTED BY: BRENDAN MCGARRY MARCH 30, 2016
    The incident involving a Russian-made T-90 tank that was struck by a U.S.-made TOW missile in Syria is making headlines again after a picture surfaced allegedly showing the damage.

    Last month, a YouTube video was published that depicts a Syrian rebel in Sheikh Aqil, a town near Aleppo, firing a BGM-71 TOW (for tube-launched, optically tracked, wire-guided) missile at a T-90 tank apparently operated by Syrian forces. The T-90 is Russia’s main battle tank and entered service in the 1990s.

    Last week, as reported by War is Boring and The Washington Post, an image was posted on Twitter by a user identified as Qalaat Al Mudiq that appears to show the damaged tracked vehicle.


    Indeed, one of the two light boxes affixed on either side of the main gun as part of the “Shtora” electro-optical active protection system is visibly dislodged and dangling from its mount. As readers of this blog pointed out, it appears the frontal reactive armor on the T-90 did more to disrupt the missile than anything else.

    And to clear up any confusion, the TOW is wire-guided by the operator and does not need a laser designation. After launching the missile, the operator keeps the sight pointed at the target and two wires trailing the projectile control its trajectory using information from the guidance system.

    That means the Shtora as it’s currently known wouldn’t necessarily activate against the wire-guided TOW, but it would against laser-guided AGM-114 Hellfire missiles, MK-80N-series bombs and AGM-65 Maverick missiles.

    https://twitter.com/QalaatAlMudiq/status/711534079410311168/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw


    Here is the photo of disabled T-90


    Here's the T-90 allegedly hit by Suqur al-Jebal #TOW last 26th Feb.in W. #Aleppo. Right Shtora broken. @MinsterTX
    1:45 PM - 20 Mar 2016



    Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2789
    Points : 2853
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  Mike E on Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:24 am

    What do you mean by 'disable'? 

    Like the T-90A - MS could easily pop smoke and simply avoid the missile - which is notably slow. 

    If it impacts from the same angle as the T-90 in Syria, it would probably hit Relikt and stand little chance of penetrating.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15468
    Points : 16175
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  GarryB on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:04 pm

    Even the old original SHTORA should defeat a wire guided ATGM system... it simply overwhelms the gionometer in the ATGM launcher so it cannot track the missile anymore. IF it cannot track the missile it cannot guide the missile to the target so the missile will live up to its name and miss(ile).

    http://fofanov.armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/EQP/shtora.html



    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    nemrod
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 806
    Points : 1309
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  nemrod on Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:13 pm

    Thx for your answers.

    Mike E wrote:
    What do you mean by 'disable'? 

    By disable, I mean unable to fight, if not completely destroyed. I have no confidence on photos showed, exhibited by western medias, that only dream to debunk russian technology, as it was with soviet's technology. As "Gur Khan attacks" 's blog -that is my new favourite-, even RPG-7 could destroy the M1 -U can notice that as Zaloga's stupid fantasies, in his ugly book M1 Abrams vs. T-72 Ural - Operation Desert Storm at Osprey publishing, the M1 Abrams is invulnerable, nothing could stop it. The facts, and the pictures we were witnessed during US occupation in Iraq, and Saudi's occupation in Yemen proved the total contrary -poor Zaloga!-. Even an old 60's era AT-4 spigot could easily destroy, and burn any western tanks, whatever it is the M1-A2, Leopard, Challenger,  or the AMX-40 Leclerc. Then let's leave Zaloga in his bubble, as he worked for the military complex, without objectives other than to serve US soap's propaganda. - and indeed it was the case in Iraq, chiefly in Falludjah. Consequently I supposed that the TOW-2 too, could destroy the T-90. But the Shtora could change all. If the missile's signal is jammed, indeed, the missile could not reach the tank, or has less chances to reach it.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  Werewolf on Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:40 pm

    That BGM-71E that was used already had Tandem HEAT warhead and could not penetrate nor disable 1992 model which has same armor layout as T-72B, it certainly could not do anything to an T-90A nor T-90SM/AM with or without ERA.

    GarryB wrote:Even the old original SHTORA should defeat a wire guided ATGM system... it simply overwhelms the gionometer in the ATGM launcher so it cannot track the missile anymore. IF it cannot track the missile it cannot guide the missile to the target so the missile will live up to its name and miss(ile).

    That was a good one. Laughing

    By disable, I mean unable to fight, if not completely destroyed. I have no confidence on photos showed, exhibited by western medias, that only dream to debunk russian technology, as it was with soviet's technology. As "Gur Khan attacks" 's blog -that is my new favourite-, even RPG-7 could destroy the M1 -U can notice that as Zaloga's stupid fantasies, in his ugly book M1 Abrams vs. T-72 Ural - Operation Desert Storm at Osprey publishing, the M1 Abrams is invulnerable, nothing could stop it. The facts, and the pictures we were witnessed during US occupation in Iraq, and Saudi's occupation in Yemen proved the total contrary -poor Zaloga!-. Even an old 60's era AT-4 spigot could easily destroy, and burn any western tanks, whatever it is the M1-A2, Leopard, Challenger, or the AMX-40 Leclerc. Then let's leave Zaloga in his bubble, as he worked for the military complex, without objectives other than to serve US soap's propaganda. - and indeed it was the case in Iraq, chiefly in Falludjah. Consequently I supposed that the TOW-2 too, could destroy the T-90. But the Shtora could change all. If the missile's signal is jammed, indeed, the missile could not reach the tank, or has less chances to reach it.

    130 put of service, 80 M1 Abrams have been destroyed, they just love to use different terms for such facts like "damaged beyond repair" like the data file from US with a very cocky name something like the lines "M1 Abrams the best" which was a report of its performance in Desert Storm has shown how many have been put out by weapons that have not been in use for decades and have been extinct on all battlefields where russians have used their tanks or other users of export models.


    nemrod
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 806
    Points : 1309
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  nemrod on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:17 pm

    Ugly video from terrorists.

    It seems this tank was hit, but crew seems to be OK. What I don't understand, why did not the shtora jam the TOW-2 ? If the signal was jammed, the missile could not hit the tank. I suspect one of the reason is the fact that team was not enough trained to use in effective way, as the T-90 is recent in Syrian's conflict. Or did the Shtora fail ? If not jammed ?



    Werewolf wrote:
    130 put of service, 80 M1 Abrams have been destroyed, they just love to use different terms for such facts like "damaged beyond repair" like the data file from US with a very cocky name something like the lines "M1 Abrams the best" which was a report of its performance in Desert Storm has shown how many have been put out by weapons that have not been in use for decades and have been extinct on all battlefields where russians have used their tanks or other users of export models.

    To Werewolf.
    I used to beware about the DoD's figures. Most of the time these figures due lobby of US military, or US military complex for commercial reasons are false. I heard in other free forums wrote by veterans, at least 200 M1 Abrams were destroyed. At least 500 M1 were sent back to US. Indeed, most of the time, they invoked "mechanical faillures", as you said "damaged beyond repair" etc...I know that RPG-7 is not enough to destroy an M1 Abrams, nevertheless it could easily disabled it, by hitting its for example its chenilles. Before 2000's I remember that palestinian destroyed, and burned a Merkava by only a simple RPG-7. Nevertheless, a thing is sure the RPG-29 could destroy any tank in the world, including of course the M1 Abrams, and the T-90 itself.

    Generally the tank in urban area is extremely vulnerable, whatever it is, even though it is the T-90 or Armata.



    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  Werewolf on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:28 pm

    nemrod wrote:Ugly video from terrorists.

    It seems this tank was hit, but crew seems to be OK. What I don't understand, why did not the shtora jam the TOW-2 ? If the signal was jammed, the missile could not hit the tank. I suspect one of the reason is the fact that team was not enough trained to use in effective way, as the T-90 is recent in Syrian's conflict. Or did the Shtora fail ? If not jammed ?

    Shtora does not work with opened hatches aswell the pictures from the damaged T-90 1992 version shows the right (from tanks position) being shot by projectile/shrapnel and it is pretty centered so i would guess that they tried to blind Shtora with sniper fire prior to TOW2 (BGM-71E-3b)
    engagement.


    nemrod wrote:
    To Werewolf.
    I used to beware about the DoD's figures. Most of the time these figures due lobby of US military, or US military complex for commercial reasons are false. I heard in other free forums wrote by veterans, at least 200 M1 Abrams were destroyed. At least 500 M1 were sent back to US. Indeed, most of the time, they invoked "mechanical faillures", as you said "damaged beyond repair" etc...I know that RPG-7 is not enough to destroy an M1 Abrams, nevertheless it could easily disabled it, by hitting its for example its chenilles. Before 2000's I remember  that palestinian destroyed, and burned a Merkava by only a simple RPG-7. Nevertheless, a thing is sure the RPG-29 could destroy any tank in the world, including of course the M1 Abrams, and the T-90 itself.

    Generally the tank in urban area is extremely vulnerable, whatever it is, even though it is the T-90 or Armata.



    You don't need to tell me that. I already had an thread about Yugo/Serbian war in 1999 about the losses of NATO aircrafts which were several times beyond what US has admitted. Like always US denies any destroyed equipment or dead soldiers where it can deny it, that reason is for the indoctrinated superiority to keep their troops fed with that lie so the moral is high aswell indoctrination of a fascist narcisstic spirit of US Americans to believe they are superior aswell the constant Islambashing and Muslimphobia and hatred that is spread since 2001 to keep the muslims as non humans in the scums heads, because it is easier to kill someone that you do not see as a human and that is why they indoctrinate them with the very same methods of the Untermensch propaganda.

    The losses of Apaches in Iraq were only and exclusivley Apaches have been reported crashed without enemy engagement is already a lie aswell the figures, the tank losses are just a fraction of the actual losses.

    nemrod
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 806
    Points : 1309
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  nemrod on Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:10 am

    Thx Werewolf for your answer.
    Werewolf wrote:
    You don't need to tell me that.
    OK, it is seen for the next time Very Happy
    Werewolf wrote:
    The losses of Apaches in Iraq were only and exclusivley Apaches have been reported crashed without enemy engagement is already a lie aswell the figures, the tank losses are just a fraction of the actual losses.

    If you have links to provide please, do not hesitate.


    Sponsored content

    Re: T-90 MBT: News

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:07 pm


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:07 pm