Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Share

    *BobStanley

    Posts : 6
    Points : 6
    Join date : 2018-01-08

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  *BobStanley on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:23 pm

    What about yesterday crash of Su-25 (R.I.P. Sad ), I mean update of "ORBAT" VVS ?
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 3007
    Points : 3039
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  franco on Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:09 pm

    *BobStanley wrote:What about yesterday crash of Su-25 (R.I.P. Sad ), I mean update of "ORBAT" VVS ?

    ORBAT refers to units not individual aircraft or pieces of equipment so no update needed. All the aircraft in Syria belong to units in Russia and are seconded to the Humaymim Air Base along with flight and ground crews.

    *BobStanley

    Posts : 6
    Points : 6
    Join date : 2018-01-08

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  *BobStanley on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:31 am

    -(277 BAP) 277th Bomber Aviation Regiment (Khurba airfield)

    Equipment:  24 Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback"
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 3007
    Points : 3039
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  franco on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:20 pm

    ORBAT refers to units while TO&E's refer to what the unit has and how it is organized. Table of Organization & Equipment.
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 2240
    Points : 2259
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  eehnie on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:31 am


    In the refered to the combat fleet in active service, There are very interesting comments in this topic.

    I think the information can be complete about:

    MiG-25/31
    Su-34
    Su-24 (except Naval Aviation)
    Su-25
    MiG-29/35 (except Naval Aviation)

    There is some case where I think the information may not be complete:

    Su-27/30/33/35 in the case of the Su-27 and Su-33 (Naval Aviation)

    There is not information:

    Tu-160
    Tu-22
    Tu-95-142
    Il-38

    *BobStanley

    Posts : 6
    Points : 6
    Join date : 2018-01-08

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  *BobStanley on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 am

    Hi all,

    Q: what happened with 98th Mixed Aviation Regiment (Monchegorsk) from 45th A&ADA ?
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 3007
    Points : 3039
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  franco on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:07 pm

    *BobStanley wrote:Hi all,

    Q: what happened with 98th Mixed Aviation Regiment (Monchegorsk) from 45th A&ADA ?

    Still there.
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 3007
    Points : 3039
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  franco on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:00 am

    eehnie wrote:
    In the refered to the combat fleet in active service, There are very interesting comments in this topic.

    I think the information can be complete about:

    MiG-25/31
    Su-34
    Su-24 (except Naval Aviation) 40-48
    Su-25
    MiG-29/35 (except Naval Aviation) - 23 29K/KUB

    There is some case where I think the information may not be complete:

    Su-27/30/33/35 in the case of the Su-27 - 15-18 and Su-33 - 17-18 (Naval Aviation)

    There is not information:

    Tu-160 - 12
    Tu-22M3 - 36-48
    Tu-95MS - 36; Tu-142 - 24
    Il-38 - 15-18

    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 2240
    Points : 2259
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  eehnie on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:04 am

    franco wrote:Su-27/30/33/35 in the case of the Su-27 - 15-18

    Tu-160 - 12
    Tu-22M3 - 36-48
    Tu-95MS - 36; Tu-142 - 24
    Il-38 - 15-18


    On this part I have the feeling that the numbers are a little short still. It seems to me that we are missing something still. About the rest the numbers seem complete.

    As example in the case of the Il-38 russianplanes says they are 25 flying(?) and 17 in storage(?).
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 3007
    Points : 3039
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  franco on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:50 am

    eehnie wrote:
    franco wrote:Su-27/30/33/35 in the case of the Su-27 - 15-18

    Tu-160 - 12
    Tu-22M3 - 36-48
    Tu-95MS - 36; Tu-142 - 24
    Il-38 - 15-18


    On this part I have the feeling that the numbers are a little short still. It seems to me that we are missing something still. About the rest the numbers seem complete.

    As example in the case of the Il-38 russianplanes says they are 25 flying(?) and 17 in storage(?).

    Those are for active aircraft, not those in storage or spares. As for the Il-38, World Military Balance has 22 while the World Air Forces has 20. I base mine on something I read a few years back when they started the -38N upgrades, that at that point only 8-10 -38's were still operational. Since then 7-8 have been rebuilt.
    avatar
    AMCXXL

    Posts : 242
    Points : 244
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  AMCXXL on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:09 pm

    franco wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    franco wrote:Su-27/30/33/35 in the case of the Su-27 - 15-18

    Tu-160 - 12
    Tu-22M3 - 36-48
    Tu-95MS - 36; Tu-142 - 24
    Il-38 - 15-18


    On this part I have the feeling that the numbers are a little short still. It seems to me that we are missing something still. About the rest the numbers seem complete.

    As example in the case of the Il-38 russianplanes says they are 25 flying(?) and 17 in storage(?).

    Those are for active aircraft, not those in storage or spares. As for the Il-38, World Military Balance has 22 while the World Air Forces has 20. I base mine on something I read a few years back when they started the -38N upgrades, that at that point only 8-10 -38's were still operational. Since then 7-8 have been rebuilt.

    World Military Balance=World Air Forces= Western shit
    The only way is to look videos and pictures with real airplanes, know the serial numbers , registration , tail numbers , etc...
    For example, they say 135 or 150 MiG-31 in Airforce, and the real number is about 106

    Russianplanes is outdated in some cases. The data in the tables does not correspond with actual photos in a lot of airplanes


    Su-24M: 55 in 4 squadrons:Chelyabisnk(2) Marinovka(1), Gvardeyskoye-Simferopol(1)  and several at Lípetsk-Akhtubisnk
    Also there are one squadron of Su-24M2 in Khurba still working, while the second squadron of Su-34 is in conversión period
    Su-24MR: 50 in 4 squadrons: Shatalovo,Marnovka,Chelyabisnk,Varfolomeyevka, and a couple Lipets.Akhtunick


    STRATEGIC BOMBERS
    Tu-160 16
    Tu-95 about 50 (Engels 18 , Ukrainka about 30 , and a couple for training at Ryazan)
    Tu-22M3 about 55 (Shaikovka about 24 , Belaya About 30 and a couple for training at Ryazan)

    NAVY
    Su-33(Su-27K): 20 at Severomorsk of 26 serial Su-33 made.
    Su-27P/UB: 13 (10P+3UB) at Chernyakhovsk
    Su-24M/MR: 48 in 4 squadrons (30 M and 18 MR). Also there are more in the shelters of Monchegorsk and Chernyakhovsk)
    MiG-31: 2 squadrons about 25-28 at Monchegorsk and Yelizovo

    Il-38 about 20 (Severomorsk 7-8 , Yelizovo 5-6 , Nikolayevka 5-6 , Yeisk 2) , 8 of them modernized to Il-38N (2 each base). Also are several in Pushkin ARZ Nº20 waiting for modernization.
    Tu-142: 28 (Fedotovo 8 MK + 6 MR , Sovetskaya Gavan 8 MZ + 6 MR)
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 2240
    Points : 2259
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  eehnie on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:58 pm

    AMCXXL wrote:
    franco wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    franco wrote:Su-27/30/33/35 in the case of the Su-27 - 15-18

    Tu-160 - 12
    Tu-22M3 - 36-48
    Tu-95MS - 36; Tu-142 - 24
    Il-38 - 15-18


    On this part I have the feeling that the numbers are a little short still. It seems to me that we are missing something still. About the rest the numbers seem complete.

    As example in the case of the Il-38 russianplanes says they are 25 flying(?) and 17 in storage(?).

    Those are for active aircraft, not those in storage or spares. As for the Il-38, World Military Balance has 22 while the World Air Forces has 20. I base mine on something I read a few years back when they started the -38N upgrades, that at that point only 8-10 -38's were still operational. Since then 7-8 have been rebuilt.

    World Military Balance=World Air Forces= Western shit
    The only way is to look videos and pictures with real airplanes, know the serial numbers , registration , tail numbers , etc...
    For example, they say 135 or 150 MiG-31 in Airforce, and the real number is about 106

    Russianplanes is outdated in some cases. The data in the tables does not correspond with actual photos in a lot of airplanes


    Su-24M: 55 in 4 squadrons:Chelyabisnk(2) Marinovka(1), Gvardeyskoye-Simferopol(1)  and several at Lípetsk-Akhtubisnk
    Also there are one squadron of Su-24M2 in Khurba still working, while the second squadron of Su-34 is in conversión period
    Su-24MR: 50 in 4 squadrons: Shatalovo,Marnovka,Chelyabisnk,Varfolomeyevka, and a couple Lipets.Akhtunick


    STRATEGIC BOMBERS
    Tu-160 16
    Tu-95 about 50 (Engels 18 , Ukrainka about 30 , and a couple for training at Ryazan)
    Tu-22M3 about 55 (Shaikovka about 24 , Belaya About 30 and a couple for training at Ryazan)

    NAVY
    Su-33(Su-27K): 20 at Severomorsk of 26 serial Su-33 made.
    Su-27P/UB: 13 (10P+3UB) at Chernyakhovsk
    Su-24M/MR: 48 in 4 squadrons (30 M and 18 MR). Also there are more in the shelters of Monchegorsk and Chernyakhovsk)
    MiG-31: 2 squadrons about 25-28 at Monchegorsk and Yelizovo

    Il-38 about 20 (Severomorsk 7-8 , Yelizovo 5-6 , Nikolayevka 5-6 , Yeisk 2) , 8 of them modernized to Il-38N (2 each base). Also are several in Pushkin ARZ Nº20 waiting for modernization.
    Tu-142: 28 (Fedotovo 8 MK + 6 MR , Sovetskaya Gavan 8 MZ + 6 MR)

    It would be very interesting if you can include the numbers like in the previous comments, including also the isolate units in training schools or used for investigation. Also just curious about which would be the numbers of the MiG-29 of the Navy. To include the numbers makes always more exact the data, and more solid the comments.

    As example, I think your data about the Il-38 with the aircrafts numbered, will be very coincident by the end with the data of Russianplanes.net. This kind of details help to validate your data as source to take into account.

    Taking into account the last comments I have the impression that in this topic we are missing still some active units of:

    Su-27
    Tu-22

    For the rest we have data here for aircrafts in active service I can agree with.
    avatar
    AMCXXL

    Posts : 242
    Points : 244
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  AMCXXL on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:14 am

    eehnie wrote:
    AMCXXL wrote:
    franco wrote:
    eehnie wrote:
    franco wrote:Su-27/30/33/35 in the case of the Su-27 - 15-18

    Tu-160 - 12
    Tu-22M3 - 36-48
    Tu-95MS - 36; Tu-142 - 24
    Il-38 - 15-18


    On this part I have the feeling that the numbers are a little short still. It seems to me that we are missing something still. About the rest the numbers seem complete.

    As example in the case of the Il-38 russianplanes says they are 25 flying(?) and 17 in storage(?).

    Those are for active aircraft, not those in storage or spares. As for the Il-38, World Military Balance has 22 while the World Air Forces has 20. I base mine on something I read a few years back when they started the -38N upgrades, that at that point only 8-10 -38's were still operational. Since then 7-8 have been rebuilt.

    World Military Balance=World Air Forces= Western shit
    The only way is to look videos and pictures with real airplanes, know the serial numbers , registration , tail numbers , etc...
    For example, they say 135 or 150 MiG-31 in Airforce, and the real number is about 106

    Russianplanes is outdated in some cases. The data in the tables does not correspond with actual photos in a lot of airplanes


    Su-24M: 55 in 4 squadrons:Chelyabisnk(2) Marinovka(1), Gvardeyskoye-Simferopol(1)  and several at Lípetsk-Akhtubisnk
    Also there are one squadron of Su-24M2 in Khurba still working, while the second squadron of Su-34 is in conversión period
    Su-24MR: 50 in 4 squadrons: Shatalovo,Marnovka,Chelyabisnk,Varfolomeyevka, and a couple Lipets.Akhtunick


    STRATEGIC BOMBERS
    Tu-160 16
    Tu-95 about 50 (Engels 18 , Ukrainka about 30 , and a couple for training at Ryazan)
    Tu-22M3 about 55 (Shaikovka about 24 , Belaya About 30 and a couple for training at Ryazan)

    NAVY
    Su-33(Su-27K): 20 at Severomorsk of 26 serial Su-33 made.
    Su-27P/UB: 13 (10P+3UB) at Chernyakhovsk
    Su-24M/MR: 48 in 4 squadrons (30 M and 18 MR). Also there are more in the shelters of Monchegorsk and Chernyakhovsk)
    MiG-31: 2 squadrons about 25-28 at Monchegorsk and Yelizovo

    Il-38 about 20 (Severomorsk 7-8 , Yelizovo 5-6 , Nikolayevka 5-6 , Yeisk 2) , 8 of them modernized to Il-38N (2 each base). Also are several in Pushkin ARZ Nº20 waiting for modernization.
    Tu-142: 28 (Fedotovo 8 MK + 6 MR , Sovetskaya Gavan 8 MZ + 6 MR)

    It would be very interesting if you can include the numbers like in the previous comments, including also the isolate units in training schools or used for investigation. Also just curious about which would be the numbers of the MiG-29 of the Navy. To include the numbers makes always more exact the data, and more solid the comments.

    As example, I think your data about the Il-38 with the aircrafts numbered, will be very coincident by the end with the data of Russianplanes.net. This kind of details help to validate your data as source to take into account.

    Taking into account the last comments I have the impression that in this topic we are missing still some active units of:

    Su-27
    Tu-22

    For the rest we have data here for aircrafts in active service I can agree with.

    About STRATECIG BOMBERS:
    (You can find easy photos and registrations-if it has- of nearly all of this bombers in russianplanes)

    Tu-160:
    121 TBAP: 02 , 03 , 04 , 05 , 06 , 07 , 08 , 10 , 11 , 12 , 14 , 15 , 16 , 17 , 18 , 19

    Tu-95
    Ryazan (long range aviation training center): 20 , 23
    Engels (184 TBAP): 10 , 11 , 12 , 14 , 15 , 16 , 17 , 18 , 19 , 20 , 21 , 22 , 23, 24, 25 , 27 , 28 , 29
    Ukrainka (326 TBAD: 79&182 TBAP): 01 , 02 , 03 , 04 , 05 , 06 , 07 , 20 , 21 , 22 , 26 , 28 , 33 , 41 , 45 , 47 , 49 , 50 , 51 , 52 , 53 , 54 , 55 , 56 , 57 , 58 , 59 , 60 , 62, 77
    Nº05 lost in 2015 and Nº77 lost in 2014

    Tu-22
    Akhtubinsk 33
    Ryazan 34
    Shaikovka (52 TBAP): 01 , 06 , 10 , 12 , 15 , 16 , 17 , 22 , 24 , 25 , 26 , 28 , 35 , 36 , 38 , 41 , 42, 43, 44 , 46 , 48 , 49 (Nº10 lost in 2016)
    Belaya (200 TBAP):
    Registration RF-94xxx: 02 ,16 , 20 , 21 , 22 , 25 , 26 , 27 , 30 , 31 , 33 , 34 , 35 , 37(or Ryazan ??) , 46 , 58 , 67
    Registration RF-34xxx: (received from Navy): 3 , 24 , 37 , 42 , 43 , 50 , 51 , 54 , 55 , 56 , 57 , 59 , Nº??(RF-34035)

    Several airplanes has different numbers in the tail and in the landing gear, so probably , numbers have been changed when the airplanes chaged of airbase
    The list of bombers has about 2 years, so probably a few modernized/repaired bombers received since 2016 can be added to the list, and others can be deleted for accicdents.




    ABOUT NAVY
    The numbers of MiG-29 K/KUB are well known:
    20 MiG-29K 30-49 (Nº47 lost in Syria and Nº41 damaged in a landing)
    4 MiG-29KUB 50-53

    Also the numbers of Su-33
    First squadron (Eagle on tail): 60 , 61 , 62 , 64 , 66 , 68 , 71 , 72 , 76 , 77 , 78
    Second squadron (Tiger head on tail): 79 , 80 , 81 , 83, 84 , 85 , 86 , 87 , 88
    Numbers 65 , 67  70 , 73 , 82 were lost in accidents. Also one was lost in Knaapo in 1994 before have tail number
    The last of series was not handed over and finally was installed in KnAAPO http://www.knaaz.su.images.1c-bitrix-cdn.ru/upload/iblock/7d0/monument_su-33_15_b.jpg?140980928689047

    About Su-27 in Navy , today there are only one squadron in Kaliningrad-Chernyakhovsk
    A couple of airplanes just received after repairs in late 2017, like this https://russianplanes.net/regs/RF-33753  , bring the total to 10 Su-27P (Nº90-99) and 3 Su-27UB (Nº100-102)
    The rest of airplanes of old 689 regiment was abandoned/canibalized in Chkalovsk-Kaliningrad in 2012 and today are derrelictic , waiting for scrap
    https://www.google.es/maps/@54.7730296,20.403527,219m/data=!3m1!1e3
    In this video you can see the real state of the airplanes in Chkalovsk , that some people count as "active" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObNsKw3JEYA


    In the case of Il-38 , the number of units of airplanes in fligth could be like that:

    SEVEROMORSK about 8:  Nº11 Nº15 (modernized, in yellow) and 06 , 09 , 12 , 14 , 16 , 18
    Some of not modernized Il-38 of North Fleet have a POLAR BEAR painted:
    https://russianplanes.net/images/to164000/163575.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cute_KRWEAAtjKW.jpg

    YELIZOVO about 6: Nº24 , Nº78 (modernized, in yellow)and  Nº01 , 05 , 06 , 07
    The not modernized Il-38 of Yelizovo has a shield with an eagle that has a submarine in the hands:
    https://russianplanes.net/images/to148000/147547.jpg
    However some Il-38 have changed of airbase and could have any with the Nikolayevka shield at Yelizovo
    The modernized Il-38N of Yelizovo has receive a new emblem with the eagle and submarine, without shield: https://russianplanes.net/images/to213000/212789.jpg

    NIKOLAYEVKA about 6: Nº23 , Nº27 (modernized , in yellow) and Nº 25 and 70 at least , posibly also Nº20 and Nº21, there are very few photos of this airbase
    The not modernized has painted a shield with the head of a tiger with a submarine in the mouth:
    https://russianplanes.net/images/to82000/081442.jpg
    http://photos.wikimapia.org/p/00/05/49/16/43_full.jpg

    YEISK are the modernized : Nº19 and Nº22 (in yellow numbers). Also there are a couple older IL-38 in the sediment

    Also, always you can find there are a couple in Phuskin (ARZ 20) , waiting for modernization or repairs

    If you use satellite:
    SEVEROMORSK-3: You can find 22 "Flankers" (2 Su-30,2 Su-27UB, 18 Su.33) , 15 MiG-29K , 2 Il-20PT and one Il-22 at north and other 6 Il-38N, included the two modernized. There are airplanes in operation, so probably not all are in this satellite capture.Other airplanes used to go to Yeisk, Saki, etc... or Pushkin for repairs/modernization
    https://www.google.com/maps/@68.8773289,33.7299971,417m/data=!3m1!1e3
    In north Fleet also are 6 Il-38 stored in SEVEROMORSK-1 (Mixed with other 2 Il-20PT and one Il-22)
    https://www.google.com/maps/@69.0277194,33.4207434,545m/data=!3m1!1e3

    YELIZOVO:
    You can see 8 in the parking zone, included the two modernized (probably a couple of them in the left bottom corner do not fly)
    https://www.google.com/maps/@69.0277194,33.4207434,545m/data=!3m1!1e3

    NIKOLAYEVKA
    You can see one Il-20 at the bottom, 5 Il-38 (included 2 modernized) and a 6th Il-38 in tech zone. In the north, other 9 Il-38 in the sediment.
    https://www.google.com/maps/@43.084722,133.1976603,456m/data=!3m1!1e3
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 2240
    Points : 2259
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  eehnie on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:23 pm

    Then In the refered to the Il-38, it would be 22 + a couple undefined units in Yeisk.

    Russianplanes.net also include the 22 you numbered as "flying" plus these 3 for a total of 25:

    https://russianplanes.net/reginfo/34746
    https://russianplanes.net/reginfo/34767 (to mix not with this one that is in the 22 that you numbered: https://russianplanes.net/reginfo/33888)
    https://russianplanes.net/reginfo/35049

    It is possible that these units be the undefined units in Yeisk? In overallterms is a high level of agreement.

    Can you also number the units of the Navy of the Su-24, MiG-25/31 and Tu-95/142 that you commented before? It would complete the view about the combat aircrafts in active service. Thank you very much.

    Later, in another post I will comment something more about the Su-27 and the Tu-22.
    avatar
    AMCXXL

    Posts : 242
    Points : 244
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  AMCXXL on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:21 am

    eehnie wrote:Then In the refered to the Il-38, it would be 22 + a couple undefined units in Yeisk.

    Russianplanes.net also include the 22 you numbered as "flying" plus these 3 for a total of 25:

    https://russianplanes.net/reginfo/34746
    https://russianplanes.net/reginfo/34767 (to mix not with this one that is in the 22 that you numbered: https://russianplanes.net/reginfo/33888)
    https://russianplanes.net/reginfo/35049

    It is possible that these units be the undefined units in Yeisk? In overallterms is a high level of agreement.

    Can you also number the units of the Navy of the Su-24, MiG-25/31 and Tu-95/142 that you commented before? It would complete the view about the combat aircrafts in active service. Thank you very much.

    Later, in another post I will comment something more about the Su-27 and the Tu-22.

    No, russianplanes is outdated with some planes
    There are potos of 20 airplanes active and I can supose other two in Nikolayevka after see old satellite images with more Il-38 in the sediment.
    Several airplanes have been used for modernization or retrun to active service
    I have seen potos of Nikolayevka with one Il-38 without emblem and the tail number os not visible. This must be one of refered as "in reserve" in russianplanes

    Russianpoanes gives 12 airplanes "in storage" at Nilolakevka and one in Yelizovo , but today there are only 9 at Nikolayevka and perhaps 2 in Yelizovo
    Also some of the active airplanes of Yelizovo come from Nikolayevka , as Nº05 and Nº06

    About the three airplanes you say and other three are in NORTH FLEET , in storage at SEVEROMORSK-1 since the regiment was reduced to squadron
    Russianplanes sais "in fligth" several airplanes without any photo in North Fleet ( SF / Сф): at least 02 , 07 , 10 , 20 , 21 are stored in Severomorsk-1 since 2008-2009

    In Yeisk there was two airplanes:
    Nº22 was modernized and Nº08 was canibalized https://russianplanes.net/id168951 and replaced by modernized Nº19
    Yeisk , as other bases has been cleaned of junk and you can see here the two modernized and the other without engines in a side of the runways
    https://yandex.com/maps/10993/yesk/?l=sat%2Cskl&ll=38.242364%2C46.685080&z=18
    The matter Il-38 and other airplanes of pacific and north fleets uses to fly to Yeisk, and that can be shown in satellites https://russianplanes.net/id181473


    The number "in active" is as much 2 Yeisk (19,22) 8 North (11,15+06,09,12,14,16,18 this last in ARZ 20 for repairs/moderniation) and 12 in Pacific (24,24,27,78+01,05,06,07,27,70,76 and other unidentified)
    Nº76 passed repairs in Knevichi ARZ 153 and returned service, despite has not more photos,porbably is at Nikolayevka

    In reserve are 6 in Severomorsk-1 and 9 in Nikolayevka Also 2 in Yelizovo(probably to discard)
    Also one stored in Puskhin for many years (nº71), probably for service the rapair plant and other canibalized in Yeisk.
    avatar
    AMCXXL

    Posts : 242
    Points : 244
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  AMCXXL on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:54 am

    eehnie wrote:Can you also number the units of the Navy of the Su-24, MiG-25/31 and Tu-95/142 that you commented before? It would complete the view about the combat aircrafts in active service. Thank you very much.
    .

    The MiG-31 transferred to the Navy:

    Monchegorsk: received the first 10 airplanes Nº1-10 in 2010-2011 (and this included the tree first BM´s based at Kotlas in 2009 Nº12,52 and 79 that were trasnferred when Kotlas was closed, and renumbered). Other soruces say that there is also Nº12 but the only photo of Nº12 with the Nº52 was in 2009 over Kotlas
    In 2013 Monchegorsk also received Nº14,15 and 16 from ARZ 514

    Yelizovo: There was 36 MiG-31 of the old versions and DZ´s numbered fron 01 to 40. Only are used one squadron, rotating aircraft or repalce losses. Also 10 ordered to scrap.
    In the last years habe been used (and the most have received registration): 18 , 19 , 23 , 24, 26 , 27 , 28 , 29 , 30 , 31 , 37 , 40
    Nº01 and 02 was also used recently but it is not clear is squadron has 12 or 14 with this two now in maintenance.

    Aboyt the Su-24 is not easy because there are a lot of suplus Su-24, Some Su-24 of Morozovsk or Khurba have been moved to Monchegorsk , Marinovka and Cheyabinsk. Repairs plant dont stop of repair Su-24 despite are going to be retired soon, and every year a lot of airplanes have rotation.
    Also there are more airplanes in Minchegorsk and Chernyakhovks, many in the shelters

    In Monchegrosk two Squadrons:
    Su-24M 36, 37 , 38 , 39 , 42 , 44 , 45, 46, 47 , 49 , 55 , 56
    Su-24MR 19 , 21 , 22 , 23 , 26 , 27 , 28 , 29 , 30 , 31 , 33 , 35

    In Chernyakhovsk I have this numbers, not all used rigth now, inlcuded one (Nº??) crahed in Latakia
    01 , 02 , 03 , 04 , 05 , 06 , 07 , 08 , 09 , 47 , 55  , 58 , 61 , 67

    Saki decomisioned older Su-24 and received two batch of 3 Su-24M:
    Su-24M 44 , 46 , 49 , ?? , ??  ??
    Su-24MR  15 , 16 , 30 , 31 , 33 , 34


    About Tu-142
    There are 18 at Fedotovo, 17 at Sovetskaya Gavan, included at least 6MR in each base, and also half a dozen in ARZ 325 of Taganrog
    I have numbers and photos of more than 30 included 14 of the Pacific, but I cannot assure what plane is in service and what not, becuse are repaired and rotate in the regiments
    The squadrons of big airplanes have 8 and 9 in the case of big transports, so at least are 8+6MR in each airbase , of pherhaps two squadrons of 8 mixed.
    When I have more time I will revise the Tu-142
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 2240
    Points : 2259
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  eehnie on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:34 pm

    Thank you, interesting, it will be interesting to continue reading about the Tu-142. Between the most credible numbers I saw it were 32 active and 11 in the reserve, not far of the 18+17+halfdozen that you commented.

    I had a pending comment about the Tu-22 and the Su-27. In overall terms I have the impression that still we are missing some unit active.



    Would you elaborate a little about the most recent units of Tu-22 that replaced their Tu-22 or have been eliminated including all the branches?



    After reading about the presence of the Su-27 in the Russian Navy, I have the impression that the new Su-30 can in fact replace the Su-27 instead of the Su-24.

    Would you elaborate a little more about the cases of the Su-27 and the MiG-29 in the following cases? Officially there is some Su-27 or MiG-29A in active service that can be numbered in these bases?


    Su-27:

    AMCXXL wrote:The rest of airplanes of old 689 regiment was abandoned/canibalized in Chkalovsk-Kaliningrad in 2012 and today are derrelictic , waiting for scrap
    https://www.google.es/maps/@54.7730296,20.403527,219m/data=!3m1!1e3
    In this video you can see the real state of the airplanes in Chkalovsk , that some people count as "active" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObNsKw3JEYA

    AMCXXL wrote:

    -(23 IAP) 23rd Fighter Aviation Regiment (Komsomolsk-on-Amur/Dzyomgi (Dzyomgi airfield), Khabarovsk region)
    Equipment: 17 Sukhoi Su-27 "Flanker" (Including variants: 12 Su-27SM, 1 Su-27, 3 Su-27UB, 1 Su-27UP)

    Only two Su-27SM remain here , pending for transfer to other place


    MiG-29

    AMCXXL wrote:
    Benya wrote:South Military District : (4 A VVS PVO) 4th Army of Air & Air Defense Forces (HQ: Rostov-on-Don, Rostov region)

    (31 Gv IAP) 31th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment (Millerovo (Millerovo airfield), Rostov region)
    Equipment: Mikoyan MiG-29 air superiority jet fighter aircraft (No.: )

    About Mig-29 , grounded when SU-30SM arrived. Some transferred to ARZ, other bases even some sold to Serbia.Other simply parked in the base in reserve
    avatar
    AMCXXL

    Posts : 242
    Points : 244
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  AMCXXL on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:02 pm

    eehnie wrote:Thank you, interesting, it will be interesting to continue reading about the Tu-142. Between the most credible numbers I saw it were 32 active and 11 in the reserve, not far of the 18+17+halfdozen that you commented.

    I had a pending comment about the Tu-22 and the Su-27. In overall terms I have the impression that still we are missing some unit active.



    Would you elaborate a little about the most recent units of Tu-22 that replaced their Tu-22 or have been eliminated including all the branches?



    After reading about the presence of the Su-27 in the Russian Navy, I have the impression that the new Su-30 can in fact replace the Su-27 instead of the Su-24.

    Would you elaborate a little more about the cases of the Su-27 and the MiG-29 in the following cases? Officially there is some Su-27 or MiG-29A in active service that can be numbered in these bases?


    Su-27:

    AMCXXL wrote:The rest of airplanes of old 689 regiment was abandoned/canibalized in Chkalovsk-Kaliningrad in 2012 and today are derrelictic , waiting for scrap
    https://www.google.es/maps/@54.7730296,20.403527,219m/data=!3m1!1e3
    In this video you can see the real state of the airplanes in Chkalovsk , that some people count as "active" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObNsKw3JEYA

    AMCXXL wrote:

    -(23 IAP) 23rd Fighter Aviation Regiment (Komsomolsk-on-Amur/Dzyomgi (Dzyomgi airfield), Khabarovsk region)
    Equipment: 17 Sukhoi Su-27 "Flanker" (Including variants: 12 Su-27SM, 1 Su-27, 3 Su-27UB, 1 Su-27UP)

    Only two Su-27SM remain here , pending for transfer to other place


    MiG-29

    AMCXXL wrote:
    Benya wrote:South Military District : (4 A VVS PVO) 4th Army of Air & Air Defense Forces (HQ: Rostov-on-Don, Rostov region)

    (31 Gv IAP) 31th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment (Millerovo (Millerovo airfield), Rostov region)
    Equipment: Mikoyan MiG-29 air superiority jet fighter aircraft (No.: )

    About Mig-29 , grounded when SU-30SM arrived. Some transferred to ARZ, other bases even some sold to Serbia.Other simply parked in the base in reserve

    Hello:
    No, the Tu-142 only are 41 airframes remaining as much, but at least several airplanes in Fedotovo are canibalized , so are not in service.
    Is easy to find with any satellite page.Only two bases with 35 airframes and one repair plant with several waiting for reapirs, in reserve, or used for parts
    In the Pacific fleet I only have 14 photos. In the satellite there are 3 in diferent parking zone probably unused.

    About the IL-38 I have revised older satellite images
    By 2014 there was:
    7 in active Severomorsk-3 included the first modernized and other 12 in Severomorsk-2 in storage (while Severomorsk-1 was in overhaul)
    5 in Nikolayevka in active and 11 in storage. Also one in Knevichi waiting repairs (probably by  the date is Nº76)
    2 in Yelizovo active (Nº01 and Nº07) and other 2 canibalized without engines, that today continue there
    So several have been taken from the reserve of Severomorsk and Nikolayevka for the modernization, and several other have been scarped after canibalized and take parts
    Yelizovo have received 4 airplanes, 2 modernized and other 2 from Nikolayevka(05 and 06).


    The list of Tu-22 is made mainly with rusianplanes photos. I only can say the planes that fly are the planes on the list. There are not more that 60 airframes nowadays in all active bases
    30 were ordered for modernization, but I don know which because there is not information of that
    Older units at Vodzvizhenka , Sovetskaya Gavan were disbanded 10 yeras ago, some airplanes transferred and the airplanes not useful were stripped or simply vandalized, in some cases are falling to pieces under the sun. You can see here https://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2011/09/post-soviet-aircraft-graveyard-discovered-abandoned-east-russian-air-base/

    The Su-30 replaces Su-24 in the Navy. Are for Naval assault regiments, like 43 OMShAP of Saki, together with Su-24 , the same will happen with 4 OMShAP in Chernyakhovsk and later with Monchegorsk in North Fleet. Probably a 4th regiment of Su-30SM will be raised in Pacific Fleet in several yeras
    The two Su-30SM (Nº22 and 23) of Severomorsk 3 are probably "two seaters" for 279 KIAP that will replace or complete the two Su-27UB Nº20 and Nº21

    The navy only operated Su-27K(Su-33).
    The regiment of Kaliningrad always was part or air defence despite was under the operative command of Kanilingrad Spacial Military District betwwen 1997 and 2008 , 689 IAP never had the colours and symbols of Navy painted until 2015 and probably this year will be rebuilt as regiment again with more Su-27P or modernized.
    In the past, in Soviet times ,the Navy also operated several units of MiG-29

    Not undrestand what you ask exactly about Kaliningrad, Dzemgi and Millerovo. It is explained enough and I have updated the list of page nº2 of this topic with current active airplanes
    About Su-27 , if you referns to Su-27S , in 2017 only remains in fligth one in Khotilovo (Nº20) , just repaired last year and it is not sure if one of two more in Kubinka (Nº01 and 06) after receive several Su-30SM
    About "MiG-29A" , if you refers to 9.12A only 3 in Astrakhan Nº02, 03 , and 04 , and other in Yerevan Nº15 (ex-Nº05 of Astrakhan) Registrations RF-92178-81
    avatar
    eehnie

    Posts : 2240
    Points : 2259
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  eehnie on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:21 pm

    The data of 32 active and 11 in the reserve (for Tu-95/142, variant not specified in the source) come also from russianplanes.net, from this part of the web:

    https://russianplanes.net/airline/Russia_(USSR)_-_NAVY

    This part of the web for the different owners and operators (airlines,...), is a little less complete and less updated, also the level of the information for different aircrafts is different, depending of their attention to the different models, but some data can be interesting.


    AMCXXL wrote:The list of Tu-22 is made mainly with rusianplanes photos. I only can say the planes that fly are the planes on the list. There are not more that 60 airframes nowadays in all active bases
    30 were ordered for modernization, but I don know which because there is not information of that
    Older units at Vodzvizhenka , Sovetskaya Gavan were disbanded 10 yeras ago, some airplanes transferred and the airplanes not useful were stripped or simply vandalized, in some cases are falling to pieces under the sun. You can see here https://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2011/09/post-soviet-aircraft-graveyard-discovered-abandoned-east-russian-air-base/

    Do you know how many Tu-22 were in these two bases disbanded 10 years ago?


    In the refered to the question about the 3 concrete bases, it was to know if it would be some detail more about the aircrafts commented, if you wold know their numbers or something else. The quotes are just from your comments in the page 2 and 3 of this topic.


    Until recently I tracked more the overall numbers than the concrete units, doing it with detail, but is also interesting to track the units by the numerical reference, and in the comments where the units are numbered tend to be some unit more than in the resumes. I liked them specially.
    avatar
    AMCXXL

    Posts : 242
    Points : 244
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  AMCXXL on Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:13 pm


    Su-24 will gather in a single fist. Such a decision was adopted by the Ministry of Defense.
    Machines have long been considered obsolete, but in Syria they became the main striking force of the Aerospace Forces (VCS) and proved that they are too early to write off. "Fencers," as these bombers call in the West,Su-24 will be reduced to separate mixed air regiments, where there will be squadrons, equipped with reconnaissance planes and bombers.
    Experts believe that the Su-24 in a modern conflict can solve problems of any complexity.

    The Ministry of Defense told Izvestia that the Su-24 front bombers would be consolidated into separate mixed air regiments. In each of them there will be one or two squadrons of Su-24M/M2, another one will be equipped with scouts Su-24MR.

    This year, such an air regiment was deployed on the basis of the 4th separate reconnaissance squadron of the 6th Army VVS i PVO (based at Shatalovo airfield in the Smolensk region)
    Now on its armament there are scouts Su-24MR. Front-line bombers will come there from the air groups, which are now receiving the latest multifunctional Su-34 fighter-bombers.

    The first air unit of the new type in the form of an experiment was formed at the Marinovka airfield in the Volgograd region - this is the 11th mixed aviation regiment that is part of the 4th Air Force and Air Defense Army of the Southern Military District of the Russian Air Force. The regiment included an reconnaissance squadron on Su-24MR aircraft and a bomber air squadron that received the Su-24M.
    The aircraft came from the 559th separate bomber aviation regiment of the 4th Air Force and Air Defense Army stationed at the Morozovsk aerodrome (Rostov Region). This regiment, in turn, received a new Su-34.

    "The modification of the Su-24, equipped with the Hephaestus system, confirmed its high efficiency in Syria," he told Izvestia. "It's too early to refuse an airplane." Su-24 in real combat proved that they are a formidable weapon. In addition, single-type airplanes combined into regiments are easier and cheaper to service.

    Soviet and Russian Su-24 were used during the fighting in Afghanistan, Chechnya, Georgia and Syria. Currently, more than 120 Su-24s are in service with the Naval Forces and naval aviation of the Navy.

    This means Su-24 is cheaper for destroy terrorist in Syria than Su-34´s and Will keep in service a few units in the next years, while Middle East war is open

    well, other unit upgraded to regiment
    First was Marivovka, now Shatalovo, that receives squadron from a Su-24 regiment, after repairs in ARZ, probably form Khurba surplus

    In the future, probaby Varfolometevka Su-24 suqdron probably Will be upgrade to regiment with the surplus of Chelyabinsk

    Now, there are 4 Su-24M squadons and 4 Su-24MR in the VKS (and another 4 squadrons in the Navy), total near 150 in all branches
    Shatalovo: M and MR
    Marinovka M and MR
    Chleyabinsk M and MR (after receive the first sqdn, of Su-34)
    Varfolometevka MR
    Simferópol M
    avatar
    AMCXXL

    Posts : 242
    Points : 244
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  AMCXXL on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:00 am

    franco wrote:
    LMFS wrote:I thought the plans where to reactivate some more air bases and create more squadrons. If you look the situation today in the Central and East districts is like you have 30 planes for a territory of 1000 km diameter, with luck. More MiG-31s are needed IMHO, even considering AD and all the relocation possibilities. Central Asia, Artic and Far East are far from being safe in case of conflict.

    They seem to be setting up forward deployment air bases to cover their territory. The Kuriles base is an example, where a Fighter Regiment (generally 28 aircraft) can deploy a flight of 4 planes to a secondary airfield up to 1000 km away.
    There are limited numbers of Mig-31's that can be upgraded to the Mig-31BM standard (~120).
    As for the Central region, the 2 Mig-31 regiments both presently have forward deployment airbases at Tolmachevo and Bratsk. Have also seen -31's at Svobodny.
    For the Arctic, there have been plans for forward deployment at Rogachevo and Tiksi. Latest talk is for using the Su-33's from the 279th.  


    The Central district , in fact is the better respect the Soviet time. There are no threats there
    By 1990 , in that área ,there were 4 MiG-31 regiments (763 Yugorsk & 764 Perm in the Urals and also 350 Bratsk & 64 Omsk in Siberia)  and today 2, just the half
    In fact they try to open other in Norilsk-Alykel: 57Gv. IAP in 1991, but was not posible to operate and was retired to Kansk in 1993
    This is the reason why is not posible to base warplanes all year in extreme North
    http://severok1979.livejournal.com/26826.html



    The old soviet bases are ofen used in maneouvers and deployments, thare are a lot of bases with runways availables
    In the last years, since the rise of Artic Joint Command , RuAF is increasing the fligths and is improving and modernizing the Artic facilities
    The matter is there are few photos of warplanes in these places

    Abouth the 279 KIAP, since the close of 9 IAP of Kipl Yavr , is the only Air Defence regiment in the North and a the en of the day 11 of 12 months is like other Su-27 regiment.
    In fact only embarked for several weks 8-10 Su-33 in the Kuznestov when it went out to sea , and not all years.
    The biggest and longest deployment has been in Syria


    The Su-35 of 23 IAP in the base of Anadyr-Ugolny last spring



    Su-27 of Besovets in Rogachevo several years ago
    Also some photos
    http://su-27flanker.com/tag/rogachevo-air-base/#




    Deployment in Tiksi of MiG-31BM of Kansk , Tu-95MS of Ukraika and also Il-78 tankers


    Tiksi is also the base of 24 OTAE of Long Range Aviation , with several An-12 and Mi-8
    The symbol of squadron is a Mammut
    Here a photoreport of the ice hell of Tiksi
    https://chistoprudov.livejournal.com/171315.html
    avatar
    AMCXXL

    Posts : 242
    Points : 244
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  AMCXXL on Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:12 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:They are.  They reactivated an airbase in Kuril Islands, that now just got Japan all riled up.

    No, the airport of Kurilsk is the new civil airport that now have also a military facility for allow the military operation, as the airbase of Burevestnik, 40 Km south of there, is aged and has problems with the fog.

    Hole wrote:The are called forward operation locations because they are not full time air bases. Just a few guys sitting around, keeping the place useable.

    Burevestnik is a military airbase, that has a helicopter detachment of the Jabarovsk regiment , before called 101 OVO
    Also all of this soviet airbases are used by the Border Guard that has his own fleet of transport airplanes and helicopters , and the same with the aircraft of the Ministry of Erergencies and the Homeland Security Department

    franco wrote:
    LMFS wrote:Thanks miketheterrible and franco for the info
    Those forward deployment bases, were they fully fledged ones in Soviet times?
    Some were.

    Of course

    In the Far East for example, by 1990 there were at least 12 fighter regiments in the 11 Air Defence Army of PVO
    Also were other Air Army of the VVS with one figther regiment of MiG-29 and other 10 regiments of Frontal Aviation (Mig-27,Su-17,Su-24,Su-25)

    Only in the área of Kamchatka-Chukotta and the islands (Sakhalin and Kuriles) , there was the 72 Air Defence Korps of the 11 A.D.A. PVO with 5 figther regiments and half a dozen of anti-aircraft misile regiments:
    -Dolinsk-Sokol (Sakhalin) 777 IAP MiG-31
    -Smirnykh, (Sakhalin) 528 IAP MiG-23
    -Burevestnik (Iturup-Kuril Islands) 41 IAP MiG-23
    -Yelizovo (Kamchatka) 865 IAP MiG-31
    -Anadyr-Ugolny 171 IAP Su-15
    About 150 warplanes or more

    Today all of this área is covered by one squadron in Yelizovo ans the support of the 23 IAP
    In fact the Navy did not want the Yelizovo regiment when was transfered from the Air Force, because cannot fulfill his task correctly in an area from Japan to the Bering Strait

    The announced plans is raise other Army VVS i PVO in the Pacific , similar to the North Joint Command that can rebuild the air force power in that area
    The first will be upgrade the Yelizovo squadron to regiment
    The next base could be Dolinsk Sokol that still is in use and have good facilities
    I would base here the regiment of Su-30SM of the Pacific Fleet
    Later perhaps other regiment in the Vladivostock área. In the past in Pristan , near Bolshoi Kamen there were two naval regiments of Su-24 and the shipborne regiment of Yak-38 of Kiev Class
    22 IAP could be transfered to Pacific Command once the MiG-31 go to Chuguyevka for restore the 530 IAP
    In long term, in theory , also should have again carrier based fighters in the Pacific, pherpaps in the 30´s decade


    Last edited by AMCXXL on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    LMFS

    Posts : 630
    Points : 624
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  LMFS on Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:58 pm

    Outstanding, many thanks!

    The situation is even worse than I thought then. The AF density in the East for instance compared to neighbouring countries like Japan or Korea is simply ridiculous (not to count US bases), hope they can slowly improve that.

    Do you know if somebody has put this information in a map? That would be really useful...
    avatar
    Hole

    Posts : 840
    Points : 840
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 42
    Location : Merkelland

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  Hole on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:00 pm

    There a fighter units around Chabarowsk and Komsomolsk-on-Amur. The situation around the Sea of Ochotsk will be better soon, but remember that there is not much on the Kurils or even Sakhalin, it was not a priority in the last years.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11918
    Points : 12391
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  George1 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:10 pm

    The 120th mixed aviation regiment will receive the Su-34 bombers in addition to the Su-30SM fighters

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3311581.html

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) bases (Locations, deployments & equipment)

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:20 pm