Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    S-300V Army SAM System

    Share

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:50 am

    Stealthflanker wrote:
    What ?  Isn't it already obvious.

    What's that supposed to mean?


    Stealthflanker wrote:The S-300V used by PVO-Army use only two kinds of missile, the 9M83 and 9M82 Now perhaps 9M82M and 9M83M is being fielded but that's it There are only two kinds of missile for S-300V.

    You did not answer my question. You are repeating your original assertion!


    Stealthflanker wrote:We are talking about S-300V here NOT S-300P family which have plethora of missiles from 5V55, 48N6 to 9M96 family.

    I have known both of these systems since a long time before you were born, assuming you are 26.


    Stealthflanker wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Stealthflanker,

    An illuminator doesn't have a "range"; it is an illuminator plus a semiactive seeker combination that has a "range".

    Do i mention anywhere about Illuminator range ?

    You didn't? Read your post.


    Stealthflanker wrote:I think i clearly wrote range of the DB-100N Seeker there.

    A semiactive seeker doesn't have a "range" either; as I said before, it is an illuminator plus a semiactive seeker combination that has a "range", and that's what the chart is claiming to portray.

    Stealthflanker
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 808
    Points : 894
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 28
    Location : Indonesia

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  Stealthflanker on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:01 am

    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    You did not answer my question. You are repeating your original assertion!

    I have known both of these systems since a long time before you were born, assuming you are 26.

    Then i believe you fully aware that S-300V only use two kinds of missiles, the 9M83 and 9M82.

    My copy of Rosoboronexport catalogue listed only two kinds of missiles provided for S-300V system. Now If there's any more than that Would you kindly provide your source ?

    Or if literature is needed anyway then i have this :

    http://pvo.guns.ru/s300v/s300v.htm

    " Каждый ЗРК включал в себя:

    многоканальную станцию наведения ракет 9С32;
    пусковые установки двух типов (9А83 - с четырьмя ЗУР 9М83 и 9А82 - с двумя ЗУР 9М82);
    пускозаряжающие установки (ПЗУ) двух типов (9А85 - для работы с ПУ 9А83 и ЗУР 9М83 и 9А84 - для работы с ПУ 9А82 и ЗУР 9М82), а также средства технического обеспечения и обслуживания.

    Ракеты 9М82 и 9М83 эксплуатировались, соответственно, в транспортно-пусковых контейнерах (ТПК) 9Я238 и 9Я240."

    I think it's quite obvious there that there are only two kinds of missiles for S-300V system.




    Do i mention anywhere about Illuminator range ?

    You didn't? Read your post.

    A semiactive seeker doesn't have a "range" either; as I said before, it is an illuminator plus a semiactive seeker combination that has a "range", and that's what the chart is claiming to portray.

    I was trying to explain to the other guy i quote that the figure didn't cite about "Illuminator range" But the seeker. But yes perhaps i should be more clear by adding illuminator combination as it's the source of the power.

    In my view however passive seeker do have "range" Figure


    Last edited by Stealthflanker on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding source.)

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:37 am

    Stealthflanker wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    You did not answer my question. You are repeating your original assertion!

    I have known both of these systems since a long time before you were born, assuming you are 26.

    Then i believe you fully aware that S-300V only use two kinds of missiles, the 9M83 and 9M82.

    My copy of Rosoboronexport catalogue listed only two kinds of missiles provided for S-300V system. Now If there's any more than that Would you kindly provide your source ?

    Or if literature is needed anyway then i have this :

    http://pvo.guns.ru/s300v/s300v.htm

    " Каждый ЗРК включал в себя:

       многоканальную станцию наведения ракет 9С32;
       пусковые установки двух типов (9А83 - с четырьмя ЗУР 9М83 и 9А82 - с двумя ЗУР 9М82);
       пускозаряжающие установки (ПЗУ) двух типов (9А85 - для работы с ПУ 9А83 и ЗУР 9М83 и 9А84 - для работы с ПУ 9А82 и ЗУР 9М82), а также средства технического обеспечения и обслуживания.

    Ракеты 9М82 и 9М83 эксплуатировались, соответственно, в транспортно-пусковых контейнерах (ТПК) 9Я238 и 9Я240."

    I don't know much Russian; where does it say that the S-300V system does not include missiles other than 9M82 and 9M83?

    Stealthflanker wrote:I think it's quite obvious there that there are only two kinds of missiles for S-300V system.

    This is, of course, incorrect and a non sequitur, but we can discuss this later.

    What is obvious is that the S-300V system includes many different types of missiles. I may talk about them at some time in the future.


    Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15440
    Points : 16147
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  GarryB on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:00 am

    I don't know much Russian; where does it say that the S-300V system does not include missiles other than 9M82 and 9M83?

    As far as I know there are only the two base missiles.... though they have had serious upgrades including the S-300VM or Antei-2500, and of course the current S-300V4 missiles.

    I really don't have that many decent photos of the S-300V missiles... this is the small one with 8 stabilising fins:



    And this is clearly a large missile being launched from a large tube... seemingly with four fins:



    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:55 am

    GarryB wrote:
    I really don't have that many decent photos of the S-300V missiles... this is the small one with 8 stabilising fins:



    And this is clearly a large missile being launched from a large tube... seemingly with four fins:


    Garry, both of these are of the larger types.

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:15 am

    This is one of the small missile types.



    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:19 am

    This image sequence is interesting. It shows the antenna of the 9P82 rotating around the role axis.






    Anas Ali
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 57
    Points : 104
    Join date : 2013-02-12
    Age : 28
    Location : Egypt

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  Anas Ali on Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:21 am


    this video is so cool


    TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1505
    Points : 1668
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  TheArmenian on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:36 am

    Modernization of the chassis of the S-300V4 in Lipetsk Factory.


    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5627
    Points : 6280
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  Viktor on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:23 am

    Export version Antey-2500 just score a hit at 310km distance and 14km in altitude Very Happy Very Happy  russia


    Record NIEMI




    Stealthflanker
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 808
    Points : 894
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 28
    Location : Indonesia

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  Stealthflanker on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:42 am

    Viktor wrote:Export version Antey-2500 just score a hit at 310km distance and 14km in altitude Very Happy Very Happy  russia


    Record NIEMI




    This make me curious on the apogee of the missile and its respective lift to drag ratio :3 Should be more than 2 i guess.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15440
    Points : 16147
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  GarryB on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:44 am

    Imagine you are flying along in your aircraft at 14km altitude and you get a small pulse on your radar warning system... ah but it is OK... it is over 300km behind you... a couple of minutes later you are hanging below your parachute wondering what happened...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    rambo54
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 106
    Points : 112
    Join date : 2014-04-01

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  rambo54 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:51 pm

    Someone wrote about the delivery of the first S-300V4 unit...is it known which AD BGD will get it first? Naro Fominsk?

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5663
    Points : 6069
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  Austin on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:35 am

    The latest export version of An-2500 has range of 350 km

    S-300V4 has a range of more than 400 km

    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5627
    Points : 6280
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  Viktor on Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:47 pm

    And another EPIC news russia russia russia

    and so it starts ... first NEW S-300V4 regiment will be given to the Russian Army PVO by the end of this year thumbsup

    so 2 possibly even 3 S-400 regiments + new S-300V4 regiment + God knows how many modernized ones ... and it has only begun (next year Russian PVO will receive even

    bigger amounts + S-350 for the first time) Very Happy

    Source: Ministry of Defence before the end of the year will receive a set of Brigadier C-300V4

    MOSCOW, December 8. / TASS /. The Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation until the end of this year will receive a set of anti-aircraft missile brigade S-300V4. About this Tass quoted a source in the Russian Defense Ministry.

    "Over the next two weeks, one brigade (three batteries) S-300V4 will be transferred to the Ministry of Defense" - the spokesman said, without specifying the location of these complexes.
    Previously head of the Air Defense Forces Land Forces Alexander Leonov said that in 2014 the Army will receive the latest anti-aircraft missile system, long-range S-300V4. Three-year government contract to supply S-300V4 troops was signed in early 2012.

    Air defense missile system S-300 as a defensive weapon is considered one of the most effective means of combating air and ballistic targets. He is able to simultaneously track up to six targets at a range of 120 km and let them 12 rockets. The versatility of the C-300 in the fact that it can affect not only all kinds of aircrafts, missiles and.



    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9422
    Points : 9914
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  George1 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:38 pm

    Viktor wrote:And another EPIC news russia russia russia

    and so it starts ... first NEW S-300V4 regiment will be given to the Russian Army PVO by the end of this year   thumbsup

    so 2 possibly even 3 S-400 regiments + new S-300V4 regiment + God knows how many modernized ones ... and it has only begun (next year Russian PVO will receive even

    bigger amounts + S-350 for the first time) Very Happy

    Source: Ministry of Defence before the end of the year will receive a set of Brigadier C-300V4

    MOSCOW, December 8. / TASS /. The Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation until the end of this year will receive a set of anti-aircraft missile brigade S-300V4. About this Tass quoted a source in the Russian Defense Ministry.

    "Over the next two weeks, one brigade (three batteries) S-300V4 will be transferred to the Ministry of Defense" - the spokesman said, without specifying the location of these complexes.
    Previously head of the Air Defense Forces Land Forces Alexander Leonov said that in 2014 the Army will receive the latest anti-aircraft missile system, long-range S-300V4. Three-year government contract to supply S-300V4 troops was signed in early 2012.

    Air defense missile system S-300 as a defensive weapon is considered one of the most effective means of combating air and ballistic targets. He is able to simultaneously track up to six targets at a range of 120 km and let them 12 rockets. The versatility of the C-300 in the fact that it can affect not only all kinds of aircrafts, missiles and.



    is this a new system or modernized old S-300Vs?

    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5627
    Points : 6280
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  Viktor on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:36 pm

    And so it begins Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy thumbsup

    Concern PVO "Almaz-Antey" starts supplies to the army air defense missile systems S-300V4

    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5627
    Points : 6280
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  Viktor on Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:04 pm

    Another confirmation ...

    there are inaccuraties regarding numbers delivered ... as S-300V comes only in regimental form cerectly addressed division (where division in S-300P case regards to only battery lvl

    components).

    Now in case division is a term correctly applied to what happened than we can say that Russian V-PVO received one S-300V4 brigade with minimum auxilaries in order to form one brigade

    and this may be true (4 "batteries" are minimum required to form one brigade or two divisions/regiments made of 2 "batteries" making again 4 "batteries")

    Also it may be that journalist incorrectly said division meaning of infact batteries in which case we are talking about one regiment (minimum requirements for regiments are 2 batteries)

    Because Russian V-PVO uses regiment as a smallest PVO unit we shall never see battery lvl PVO units being delivered or at guards - only regimental and higher.



    S-300V4 and "Thor M2U" put in the Army

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9422
    Points : 9914
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  George1 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:04 am

    Exercises of air defence unit(S-300VM) of western military district


















    medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3051
    Points : 3149
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  medo on Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:20 am

    Viktor wrote:Hehe ... now this is just great ....

    Russian Defense Ministry: AAMS S300V4 confirmed the ability to hit targets up to 400 km

    "The system is armed S300V4 two types of missiles: Heavy rocket range destroy air targets up to 400 kilometers, having a hypersonic speed (about 7.5 Mach number), and easy to defeat missiles with a range of 150 kilometers," - said Lieutenant General Alexander Leonov.

    The system is able to destroy air targets at ranges of up to 400 kilometers and at an altitude of 37 kilometers, destroy tactical, operational-tactical and medium range ballistic missiles.

    now Russia has two systems capable of engaging targets out to 400km range .... and next year S-500 is coming Very Happy

    S-300V4 is army air defense complex, which will replace old S-300V. Having same capabilities as S-400, it will give excellent protection for ground forces on the front very deep behind enemy lines. This is very important even for CAS planes and helicopters as enemy fighters could not fly that easily in the position to engage them.

    eridan
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 127
    Points : 133
    Join date : 2012-12-13

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  eridan on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:09 pm

    has the s300v4 kept the guidance method of older variant? each launcher having its own dish for terminal illumination of targets at 400 km away?

    If so, that means there was some serious upgrade of radars, both the battery radar to track own missiles and the illuminator dishes to even reach 400 km, especially within x band. It'd actually make it the only system to claim 400 km range without active radar self guidance within the missile, as both s400 and sm-6 use such guidance at similar distances.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:32 pm

    Just for laughs people, are the U.S. stronk crew actually this delusional lol??? There's F-35 Lightning II promotional videos demonstrating that they can defeat S-300V4/Antey-2500 easily lol... lol1 lol1 lol1



    ...At the 2:42 mark. Can anyone spot all the inaccuracies in the F-35 vs S-300V4 scenario lol? Very Happy Wink

    medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3051
    Points : 3149
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  medo on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:42 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:Just for laughs people, are the U.S. stronk crew actually this delusional lol??? There's F-35 Lightning II promotional videos demonstrating that they can defeat S-300V4/Antey-2500 easily lol... lol1 lol1 lol1



    ...At the 2:42 mark. Can anyone spot all the inaccuracies in the F-35 vs S-300V4 scenario lol? Very Happy Wink

    Russia had an answer more than a decade ago. I remember, that I was reading at the end of the nineties or in the beginning of 2000, that Russian PVO made tests with Orion ELINT complex and Buk-M1-2, where Orion complex triangulate any source of aircraft emission in enough small box, that Buk-M1-2 could engage the target without using its own radars. Any emission from F-35, being radar, data ling, communications, IFF, TACAN, etc, could very precisely triangulate its position with Orion or other similar ELINT complexes without even noticing in F-35.

    ahmedfire
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 711
    Points : 885
    Join date : 2010-11-11
    Location : egypt

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  ahmedfire on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:48 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:Just for laughs people, are the U.S. stronk crew actually this delusional lol??? There's F-35 Lightning II promotional videos demonstrating that they can defeat S-300V4/Antey-2500 easily lol... lol1 lol1 lol1



    ...At the 2:42 mark. Can anyone spot all the inaccuracies in the F-35 vs S-300V4 scenario lol? Very Happy Wink

    Craaap,
    If F-35 / F-22 want to be really stealth, than they must turn off everything: radar, IFF, voice com, data com, ECM, etc, what means in that case F-35 / F-22 will be blind too. If they are emitting anything, they could be triangulated in quite big distance and air defense organization could work against them, There is no such thing as invisibility to radar and to all wavelenghts. There is a reason why the russians have loads of different radars with very different wavelengths.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:27 pm

    medo wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:Just for laughs people, are the U.S. stronk crew actually this delusional lol??? There's F-35 Lightning II promotional videos demonstrating that they can defeat S-300V4/Antey-2500 easily lol... lol1 lol1 lol1



    ...At the 2:42 mark. Can anyone spot all the inaccuracies in the F-35 vs S-300V4 scenario lol? Very Happy Wink

    Russia had an answer more than a decade ago. I remember, that I was reading at the end of the nineties or in the beginning of 2000, that Russian PVO made tests with Orion ELINT complex and Buk-M1-2, where Orion complex triangulate any source of aircraft emission in enough small box, that Buk-M1-2 could engage the target without using its own radars. Any emission from F-35, being radar, data ling, communications, IFF, TACAN, etc, could very precisely triangulate its position with Orion or other similar ELINT complexes without even noticing in F-35.

    Interesting point. The problems that I saw in the video was:

    1.) The absence of effective SHORAD systems. No Tunguska, no Tor, no Pantsir.

    2.) The absence of ground based electronic warfare systems.

    3.) The max range of AN/APG-81 AESA of the F-35 is 150 km, while max missile engagement range of Antey-2500 (export) is 350 km, and the domestic S-300V4 is 400km, almost 3 times greater range than the F-35's AESA radar.

    4.) The power emitted from the S-300V4 battery is probably several times greater than that of the AN/APG-81, so it's extremely unlikely that the F-35 could jam the S-300V4.

    ...That's just from the atop of my head.

    Sponsored content

    Re: S-300V Army SAM System

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:49 am


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:49 am