Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Share

    Azi
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 45
    Points : 47
    Join date : 2016-04-05

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  Azi on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:23 pm

    RIP to the dead heros in Syria! No time for bla, bla please...it's war and it's overall terrible in Syria. Russia did a good job in Syria and will continue. The heros died in fullfillment of their duty!

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9422
    Points : 9914
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  George1 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:26 pm

    the scene with the russian pilot reminds me that of us blackhawk pilots in Somalia 1993


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Shadåw
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 83
    Points : 90
    Join date : 2012-07-29

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  Shadåw on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:27 pm

    sepheronx wrote:The Russians knew the risks. But when helicopters and guys on the ground appear, then it is bound to happen.

    Certainly, RIP, happens every time one gets involved in a modern conflict, now is there any confirmation on what actually brought down the Mi-8 AMTSh(?) seeing the helicopter in question had several countermeasure systems installed.

    MANAPDS? Heavy Jihadi-ground fire from ZPU-23s and what not? And at what altitude?


    Or am I asking this way too early?

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3663
    Points : 3775
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:30 pm


    Some official numbers

    Russian Aerospace Forces Actively Support Syrian Army in Repelling Attacks

    http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160801/1043836725/russia-syria-aerospace-forces.html

    Shadåw
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 83
    Points : 90
    Join date : 2012-07-29

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  Shadåw on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:38 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Some official numbers

    Russian Aerospace Forces Actively Support Syrian Army in Repelling Attacks

    http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160801/1043836725/russia-syria-aerospace-forces.html

    More than 800 militants were killed, and 14 tanks, 10 infantry fighting vehicles, and more than 60 vehicles with mounted weapons destroyed,”

    That does indicates the HIGH level of commitement to this offensive by the various groups involved in this, when they've poured units from Latakia/Ildib and these are their casulties? Should indeedly open up more SAA-pushes in the mentioned provinces as these are irreversible losses in terms of vehicle equipment, unless they manage to capture more..

    But as long as they keep throwing more men and material into the the defensive SAA meat grinder with heavy Russian air support? Good game.

    Resistance
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 321
    Points : 327
    Join date : 2016-06-15

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  Resistance on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:44 pm

    Nearly 10,000 jihadists are involved in this battle. This battle is expected to last several days or even a few weeks. Russia air force should have been involved at the start. It was appeasement to Russia's enemies Israel and America that delayed Russian involvement and now the battle is harder than it should have been.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3663
    Points : 3775
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:46 pm

    Shadåw wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Some official numbers

    Russian Aerospace Forces Actively Support Syrian Army in Repelling Attacks

    http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160801/1043836725/russia-syria-aerospace-forces.html

    More than 800 militants were killed, and 14 tanks, 10 infantry fighting vehicles, and more than 60 vehicles with mounted weapons destroyed,”

    That does indicates the HIGH level of commitement to this offensive by the various groups involved in this, when they've poured units from Latakia/Ildib and these are their casulties? Should indeedly open up more SAA-pushes in the mentioned provinces as these are irreversible losses in terms of vehicle equipment, unless they manage to capture more..

    But as long as they keep throwing more men and material into the the defensive SAA meat grinder with heavy Russian air support? Good game.

    None of this will matter one bit if SAA runs away and allows snackbars to lift the siege. Yesterday this battle and by extension war against the ''moderates'' was won.

    Today by allowing heavily advertised offensive from only possible direction to ''surprise'' them they are deep in the process of being completely defeated. Only in Syria.

    Resistance
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 321
    Points : 327
    Join date : 2016-06-15

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  Resistance on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:52 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:None of this will matter one bit if SAA runs away and allows snackbars to lift the siege. Yesterday this battle and by extension war against the ''moderates'' was won.

    Today by allowing heavily advertised offensive from only possible direction to ''surprise'' them they are deep in the process of being completely defeated. Only in Syria.

    Jihadists don't give a damn about their lives. SAA soldiers do. Please have a little respect for soldiers. cheers

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3221
    Points : 3345
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  Vann7 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:49 pm

    SturmGuard wrote:.

    The only question that needs to be asked is why the RuAF didn't make an immediate appearance and cleanse those savages desecrating the bodies and cheering around. Literally leave none alive in Idlib. I honestly don't understand the contempt for lives of Russian servicemen that Russian command displays. You can't bring back the dead and comfort their families, but at least prevent the morbid scum from celebrating, and don't let their deaths be for nothing. At this point the Russian casualties have already mounted, time to reconsider launching a step by step extermination operation, because this is clearly not working.


    BEcause Putin already told mission accomplished. havent you heard?

    Russia suffers from an bad management incompetence. It sends its planes alone to do missions ,
    and it did not monitor properly either SYrian skies . The mi-8 could have been shutdown by a
    NATO coalition plane long range missile and they not even aware of it. So as long Putin the monkey is at the head of Russia ,every military operation in Syria will put at major risk the lives of Russian serviceman . This accident could have been avoided had Russia used an old cargo plane flying hight at night.  But as is now Putin is only making Russia to look bad in the world image by so much lives lost in Syria . if that mi-8 was properly escorted and flying high enough
    it will have defeated any manpad or direct fire.  Many of the losses in Syria by Russian serviceman have been for the mediocre organization of Russia in Syria.   serviceman trying to stop Suicide bombers pickups armed with just an ak-74 and covering behind a civilian car ,shows an enormous level of incompetence . and once again Russia bad habit for under estimating its enemies.

    If i was taking decision in Russia ,i will have never send any serviceman to any mission
    without giving them the best possible security to achieve it. But the Russian Army and Airforce
    are operating with the limitations imposed by their monkey President. And where is India and China and BRICS humanitarian help to Syria? Again incompetence by Bad leader Putin. If Russia was doing things right ,it will have other allied nation helping them at very least with
    humanitarian aid . There is no fucking reason why India or China is not doing the humanitarian
    aid part in Syria ,so that Russia can focus in the fight only. Russia needs a leader that can convince China and India to stop being so lame and participate at very least in humanitarian
    missions in Syria ,so not all the burden of the war is over Russia.



    Last edited by Vann7 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:04 pm

    Shadåw wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:The Russians knew the risks. But when helicopters and guys on the ground appear, then it is bound to happen.

    Certainly, RIP, happens every time one gets involved in a modern conflict, now is there any confirmation on what actually brought down the Mi-8 AMTSh(?) seeing the helicopter in question had several countermeasure systems installed.

    MANAPDS? Heavy Jihadi-ground fire from ZPU-23s and what not? And at what altitude?


    Or am I asking this way too early?

    Was either tass or sputnik that stated it was AAA fire. Meaning that the helicopter was probably flying low and slow or was hit from oncoming direction. But not a guided munition, well, not a surface to air one at least.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3547
    Points : 3582
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:05 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Shadåw wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Some official numbers

    Russian Aerospace Forces Actively Support Syrian Army in Repelling Attacks

    http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160801/1043836725/russia-syria-aerospace-forces.html

    More than 800 militants were killed, and 14 tanks, 10 infantry fighting vehicles, and more than 60 vehicles with mounted weapons destroyed,”

    That does indicates the HIGH level of commitement to this offensive by the various groups involved in this, when they've poured units from Latakia/Ildib and these are their casulties? Should indeedly open up more SAA-pushes in the mentioned provinces as these are irreversible losses in terms of vehicle equipment, unless they manage to capture more..

    But as long as they keep throwing more men and material into the the defensive SAA meat grinder with heavy Russian air support? Good game.

    None of this will matter one bit if SAA runs away and allows snackbars to lift the siege. Yesterday this battle and by extension war against the ''moderates'' was won.

    Today by allowing heavily advertised offensive from only possible direction to ''surprise'' them they are deep in the process of being completely defeated. Only in Syria.

    This is do or die. If the news are real and the VKS has cremated a battalion worth of beardies, the pinch on the guys on the ground is going to be felt overtime.
    Yes the attack was "advertised" but once again, you don't have control on the ground, you rely on different people to fight and spot and give intel. It's do or die.

    0nillie0
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 21
    Points : 23
    Join date : 2016-05-15
    Age : 30
    Location : Flanders, Belgium

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  0nillie0 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:58 pm

    I really do believe the Takfiri's are putting everything they got in this push. In the footage i have seen they are pushing trough open fields under constant bombardment from aircraft and artillery. I just hope the aircraft crews and technicians can keep up this hellish pace for the next couple of days. Also : The SAA must take advantage of this and push steadily (but not overzealos ) on other fronts to take advantage of the no doubt weakened "Rebel" defense lines, and capitalize on this turn of events. The situation in Aleppo is and will remain critical for some time, but regardless of that, the SAA needs to up the pressure on other fronts.



    About the helicopter being shot down.

    Again, with what little information we are getting now, my first impression would be crew error or perhaps a malfunction in the vehicle. There is imho no apparent reason for that helicopter to fly in that area in the first place. My guess would be that they somehow strayed from their planned course. Trough pilot error or trough malfunctions perhaps? Or perhaps they where called in for an emergency strafe round with unguided rockets, and never made it to the target area.... Nothing can be said for sure at this time.

    RIP to the pilots.

    Its a damn shame the takfiri's got their hands on bodies of the crew and where allowed to do their usual routines. But it should be no surprise, and it was bound to happen.
    The Russian air crews will do their best to avenge their fallen comrades, and they will be on the mind of the pilots as they drop another batch of cluster munitions...


    Last edited by 0nillie0 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Resistance
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 321
    Points : 327
    Join date : 2016-06-15

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  Resistance on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:00 pm

    SAA needs counter battery radars to knock out terrorists artillery. Russia needs to supply some ASAP, immediately if possible.

    par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1055
    Points : 1190
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  par far on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:22 am

    Resistance wrote:SAA needs counter battery radars to knock out terrorists artillery. Russia needs to supply some ASAP, immediately if possible.


    I thought I would never say this but after seeing this Resistance, I agree with your posts(where you say "take out the terrorists, "Putin is being weak, he needs to go all out etc etc).

    You are not dealing with humans, you are dealings with wild animals, the only way to take out a wild animal, is to kill them.

    This made my blood boil.

    VERY GRAPHIC FOOTAGE

    https://southfront.org/jihadists-desecrate-bodies-of-fallen-russian-pilots-in-idlib-very-graphic-footage/

    I just wish I could get my hands on that journalist Rana, dam it Putin, let the Russian Forces go all out.

    crod
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 90
    Points : 111
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  crod on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:29 am

    par far wrote:
    Resistance wrote:SAA needs counter battery radars to knock out terrorists artillery. Russia needs to supply some ASAP, immediately if possible.


    I thought I would never say this but after seeing this Resistance, I agree with your posts(where you say "take out the terrorists, "Putin is being weak, he needs to go all out etc etc).

    You are not dealing with humans, you are dealings with wild animals, the only way to take out a wild animal, is to kill them.

    This made my blood boil.

    VERY GRAPHIC FOOTAGE

    https://southfront.org/jihadists-desecrate-bodies-of-fallen-russian-pilots-in-idlib-very-graphic-footage/

    I just wish I could get my hands on that journalist Rana, dam it Putin, let the Russian Forces go all out.

    There should have been support helis at the ready...

    Where is the moral US/Euro outrage? enough of this bullshit, it's time for Russia to show the world what she can do.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3663
    Points : 3775
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:21 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:...

    This is do or die. If the news are real and the VKS has cremated a battalion worth of beardies, the pinch on the guys on the ground is going to be felt overtime.
    Yes the attack was "advertised" but once again, you don't have control on the ground, you rely on different people to fight and spot and give intel. It's do or die.

    Well online chatter in last couple of hours has been positive, hopefully lines held. I just hope I didn't jinx it.

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3221
    Points : 3345
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  Vann7 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:41 am

    crod wrote:

    There should have been ... support helis at the ready...



    You and so many others ,with a logical thinking ,could write thousands of sentences about
    Russia operations in Syria ,starting with the  .. THere should have been this and that..

    and this happens because of the enormous level of incompetence that exist in Russia
    leadership ,that seems to not have their heads in the place it should be , and are taking
    so many decisions without thinking on the consequences and potential risks.

    After all you heard Putin claiming ,
    Russia achieved its goals already in Syria..  Rolling Eyes



    So the incompetence of Russia leadership killed their serviceman.

    Any sane person ,with a clue of what they doing in the Syrian war.. will have ...

    1)NEVER SEND a WOMEN into the FRONT LINE ,that could face major
    risk to be captured dead or alive.  Why not? Because if the women is captured
    it could send as a major propaganda for the terrorist to humiliate Russia , ISIS
    or Alqaeda could have been raped the women day and night while filming it on cameras
    and upload it online just to destroy Russia image in the world ,that have a weak
    army that cannot even defend their womens servicemen from Alqaeda and ISIS.
    They even were using their real photos Id's , so they can be identified and later american media
    harass their families.  No  

    2)Never will have send a chopper alone ,in the Syrian war to do any mission without any backup
    plan in case people need to be rescue , or their chopper totally destroyed with crew inside once
    it crash.. To not allow the bodies of the Russian soldiers and the women translator to be captured by turning all into dust. Also to protect the electronic warfare the hellicopter possibly
    had ,from being taken by the terrorist and sent back to Americans to reverse engineer it.

    3) I will have used instead a cargo plane to deliver humanitarian aid and NOT a very slow chopper.   A cargo plane will have allowed at very least the chance of the crew some of them
    to jump the plane with parachutes , and it could have allowed the Russian crew to crash the plane away of the terrorist zones gliding..  THis is what is called Calculated risk.

    When you do things Right. You always takes into account the possible consequences
    of any action and have a plan B or Plan C or plane D ,in case things does not happen the way
    you expected. This is called Common Sense.

    But what the Russian Government lead by Mr PUTIN qualify more are pure IDIOCY.
    Because of the way that Mi-8 was shutdown , being completely Alone , with a female inside
    and their bodies allowed to be captured ,and humiliated. it shows the Russian Government
    and Russia army have no fucking clue of what they were doing , when they were sending
    that humanitarian chopper to the front line to a very risky place.  

    So what next now to do? The general who gave the order to send a women to the dangerous
    mission and with a chopper without escort ,should be fired from the army ,and Putin at the same time step down.. if he had any dignity left. Because it should have been His Government
    responsibility to fully warn , their military general,of how important is not only to win the war..
    but to do it , in a very honorable way.  And the Mi-8 shut down with their bodies captured ,
    and no single Russian Airforce anywhere near to destroy the chopper or rescue the bodies or at least destroy everything , is anything but honorable. It only sends a signal to the world ,that the
    Russian airforce is not as strong they claim and can be defeated and humiliated even by Alqaeda fighters with american supplied cheap weapons.  No

    Russia needs to create more or less safe corridors for its airforce to fly , so that if in case
    their planes or chopper shutdown ,they can fall in zones that Syrian army controls or very near
    so that is easy to capture. and always it needs to have planes dedicated only to escort other planes or choppers and to rescue survivors or totally finish downed planes and the dead bodies of the crew. This is to not allow the terrorist to have a field day world wide  with Russian serviceman dead bodies propaganda.

    I still think Russia will win the war , and have achieved a lot of things make no mistake.
    But is unnaceptable that they fail so much in very simple procedures , that should
    always be done.. that is have a Plan B , or Plan C in case something goes wrong ,to minimize
    the damage. this is not rocket science.. this is something that should be normal reasoning
    in any Russian Government leadership or military.

    crod
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 90
    Points : 111
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  crod on Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:50 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:...

    This is do or die. If the news are real and the VKS has cremated a battalion worth of beardies, the pinch on the guys on the ground is going to be felt overtime.
    Yes the attack was "advertised" but once again, you don't have control on the ground, you rely on different people to fight and spot and give intel. It's do or die.

    Well online chatter in last couple of hours has been positive, hopefully lines held. I just hope I didn't jinx it.

    yeap. lets hope they can consolidate what they have now and prepare for further advances.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3547
    Points : 3582
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:45 pm

    Vann7 wrote:
    crod wrote:

    There should have been ... support helis at the ready...



    You and so many others ,with a logical thinking ,could write thousands of sentences about
    Russia operations in Syria ,starting with the  .. THere should have been this and that..

    and this happens because of the enormous level of incompetence that exist in Russia
    leadership ,that seems to not have their heads in the place it should be , and are taking
    so many decisions without thinking on the consequences and potential risks.

    After all you heard Putin claiming ,
    Russia achieved its goals already in Syria..  Rolling Eyes



    So the incompetence of Russia leadership killed their serviceman.

    Any sane person ,with a clue of what they doing in the Syrian war.. will have ...

    1)NEVER SEND a WOMEN into the FRONT LINE ,that could face major
    risk to be captured dead or alive.  Why not? Because if the women is captured
    it could send as a major propaganda for the terrorist to humiliate Russia , ISIS
    or Alqaeda could have been raped the women day and night while filming it on cameras
    and upload it online just to destroy Russia image in the world ,that have a weak
    army that cannot even defend their womens servicemen from Alqaeda and ISIS.
    They even were using their real photos Id's , so they can be identified and later american media
    harass their families.  No  

    2)Never will have send a chopper alone ,in the Syrian war to do any mission without any backup
    plan in case people need to be rescue , or their chopper totally destroyed with crew inside once
    it crash.. To not allow the bodies of the Russian soldiers and the women translator to be captured by turning all into dust. Also to protect the electronic warfare the hellicopter possibly
    had ,from being taken by the terrorist and sent back to Americans to reverse engineer it.

    3) I will have used instead a cargo plane to deliver humanitarian aid and NOT a very slow chopper.   A cargo plane will have allowed at very least the chance of the crew some of them
    to jump the plane with parachutes , and it could have allowed the Russian crew to crash the plane away of the terrorist zones gliding..  THis is what is called Calculated risk.

    When you do things Right. You always takes into account the possible consequences
    of any action and have a plan B or Plan C or plane D ,in case things does not happen the way
    you expected. This is called Common Sense.

    But what the Russian Government lead by Mr PUTIN qualify more are pure IDIOCY.
    Because of the way that Mi-8 was shutdown , being completely Alone , with a female inside
    and their bodies allowed to be captured ,and humiliated. it shows the Russian Government
    and Russia army have no fucking clue of what they were doing , when they were sending
    that humanitarian chopper to the front line to a very risky place.  

    So what next now to do? The general who gave the order to send a women to the dangerous
    mission and with a chopper without escort ,should be fired from the army ,and Putin at the same time step down.. if he had any dignity left. Because it should have been His Government
    responsibility to fully warn , their military general,of how important is not only to win the war..
    but to do it , in a very honorable way.  And the Mi-8 shut down with their bodies captured ,
    and no single Russian Airforce anywhere near to destroy the chopper or rescue the bodies or at least destroy everything , is anything but honorable. It only sends a signal to the world ,that the
    Russian airforce is not as strong they claim and can be defeated and humiliated even by Alqaeda fighters with american supplied cheap weapons.  No

    Russia needs to create more or less safe corridors for its airforce to fly , so that if in case
    their planes or chopper shutdown ,they can fall in zones that Syrian army controls or very near
    so that is easy to capture. and always it needs to have planes dedicated only to escort other planes or choppers and to rescue survivors or totally finish downed planes and the dead bodies of the crew. This is to not allow the terrorist to have a field day world wide  with Russian serviceman dead bodies propaganda.

    I still think Russia will win the war , and have achieved a lot of things make no mistake.
    But is unnaceptable that they fail so much in very simple  procedures , that should
    always be done.. that is have a Plan B , or Plan C in case something goes wrong ,to minimize
    the damage. this is not rocket science.. this is something that should be normal reasoning
    in any Russian Government leadership or military.

    Ok idiot.

    1. don't ever make assumptions about casualties before knowing stuff exactly. There was no woman on that helicopter according to Ru. MO. The pictures we saw were from a placeholder driving license card on new wallets. I can also point out that the Pilot had bought a Rels wallet.

    2. Pick your stance or pick your meds. It's full fledged civil war with a very unforgiving tendency to flare up no matter the circumstances. There can also be errors made by the guys who're fighting. It's not some kind of drill, things that go wrong have a tendency to really go wrong.

    auslander
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 859
    Points : 913
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  auslander on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:15 pm

    Seems divine retribution is ongoing. We live near Belbek and last evening and night was quite noisy. Been the same off and on all day this day.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3547
    Points : 3582
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:25 pm

    auslander wrote:Seems divine retribution is ongoing. We live near Belbek and last evening and night was quite noisy. Been the same off and on all day this day.

    They're hitting the lines in front of the theatre. Kafr Halab and Idlib are being indiscriminately bombed. It's a real mess. And the IS has SVBIEDed the fuck out of JaF operating base. Over 30 killed including commanders.

    Resistance
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 321
    Points : 327
    Join date : 2016-06-15

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  Resistance on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:58 pm

    IMO it's about time Russia deploy ground forces to fight jihadists. ASVK can knock dead a jihadist from more than a km away. Back that up with Zoopark 1M counter battery radars, Msta-S, Smerch to target and destroy any rebel artillery. Kornet can knock dead jihadist tanks from more than 8 km away.

    Resistance
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 321
    Points : 327
    Join date : 2016-06-15

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  Resistance on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:19 pm

    Bad people in Aleppo city shot down an Orlan 10 drone.

    https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/760470974273875969

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3663
    Points : 3775
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:31 pm

    auslander wrote:Seems divine retribution is ongoing. We live near Belbek and last evening and night was quite noisy. Been the same off and on all day this day.

    Belbek? Are Backfire bombers stationed there by any chance?

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    They're hitting the lines in front of the theatre. Kafr Halab and Idlib are being indiscriminately bombed. It's a real mess. And the IS has SVBIEDed the fuck out of JaF operating base. Over 30 killed including commanders.

    That would be Jaish all Fatah right? I do love tango on tango stuff in such auspicious times.

    auslander
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 859
    Points : 913
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  auslander on Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:01 pm

    Don't know if Backfires are here or in Simferopol, and that's if they are in Krimu. No one has positively said locally. Still busy, though, and it's 18:00 local time.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #10

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:35 am


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:35 am