Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Share

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3596
    Points : 3631
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:52 am

    Cowboy's daughter wrote:From what I read today on news, Turkey just pivoted towards Israel, Russia, & Iran, and away from USA.


    I don't think so. Erdogan simple cleared every sane man from this Syrian Path.

    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1516
    Points : 1558
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:59 am

    "Coup attempt, taken last week by a group of angry officers may not succeed, but now in full swing of another revolution — one that supporters of erdoğan's suit against opponents of the increasingly authoritarian style of government of the President," writes the author, a specialist in defence and international relations con Coughlin.

    +


    According to him, NATO after this, they may have to exclude Turkey from its membership: the Turkish President leaves military Alliance no choice.
    Coughlin notes that Turkey has always played for NATO's very important role and therefore, to the intentions of the Alliance should be taken seriously.




    РИА Новости http://ria.ru/world/20160720/1472288242.html#ixzz4EwPwerC3

    so western media already know about next coup? of course they do! CIA/MI5/MI6 share sam esponsors. Thus they know at source so to speak

    Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  




    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:From what I read today on news, Turkey just pivoted towards Israel, Russia, & Iran, and away from USA.


    I don't think so. Erdogan simple cleared every sane man from this Syrian Path.

    Unlikely, in such case Russia would not make so quick reconciliation towards Turkey.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3596
    Points : 3631
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:02 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    "Coup attempt, taken last week by a group of angry officers may not succeed, but now in full swing of another revolution — one that supporters of erdoğan's suit against opponents of the increasingly authoritarian style of government of the President," writes the author, a specialist in defence and international relations con Coughlin.

    +


    According to him, NATO after this, they may have to exclude Turkey from its membership: the Turkish President leaves military Alliance no choice.
    Coughlin notes that Turkey has always played for NATO's very important role and therefore, to the intentions of the Alliance should be taken seriously.




    РИА Новости http://ria.ru/world/20160720/1472288242.html#ixzz4EwPwerC3

    so western media already know about next coup? ha haha of course they know they owners are same sponsors like CIsa/MI5/MI6  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  so they know at source so to speak




    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:From what I read today on news, Turkey just pivoted towards Israel, Russia, & Iran, and away from USA.


    I don't think so. Erdogan simple cleared every sane man from this Syrian Path.

    Unlikely, in such case Russia would not make so quick reconciliation towards Turkey.


    Who said there would be reconciliation? The Army never wanted to get involved in Syria, nor does it accept the effective parallel army that Erdoshit has created in Turkey. Everyone that thinks this is going to be a reconciliation is clearly dreaming.

    Resistance
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 321
    Points : 327
    Join date : 2016-06-15

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Resistance on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:31 pm

    Russia has a bad habit of being best buddies with dictators. Saddam. Gaddafi. Assad. Poroshenko. Erdogan. Russia itself has a dictator. Putin. Only the western countries have true democracy. Eastern countries like Russia only has dictators.

    archangelski
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 335
    Points : 358
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  archangelski on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:56 pm

    Resistance wrote:Russia has a bad habit of being best buddies with dictators. Saddam. Gaddafi. Assad. Poroshenko. Erdogan. Russia itself has a dictator. Putin. Only the western countries have true democracy. Eastern countries like Russia only has dictators.

    Suspect Rolling Eyes

    Cowboy's daughter
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1141
    Points : 1180
    Join date : 2015-04-24
    Location : Texas

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Cowboy's daughter on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:50 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    "Coup attempt, taken last week by a group of angry officers may not succeed, but now in full swing of another revolution — one that supporters of erdoğan's suit against opponents of the increasingly authoritarian style of government of the President," writes the author, a specialist in defence and international relations con Coughlin.

    +


    According to him, NATO after this, they may have to exclude Turkey from its membership: the Turkish President leaves military Alliance no choice.
    Coughlin notes that Turkey has always played for NATO's very important role and therefore, to the intentions of the Alliance should be taken seriously.




    РИА Новости http://ria.ru/world/20160720/1472288242.html#ixzz4EwPwerC3

    so western media already know about next coup? ha haha of course they know they owners are same sponsors like CIsa/MI5/MI6  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  so they know at source so to speak




    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:From what I read today on news, Turkey just pivoted towards Israel, Russia, & Iran, and away from USA.


    I don't think so. Erdogan simple cleared every sane man from this Syrian Path.


    Unlikely, in such case Russia would not make so quick reconciliation towards Turkey.


    Who said there would be reconciliation? The Army never wanted to get involved in Syria, nor does it accept the effective parallel army that Erdoshit has created in Turkey. Everyone that thinks this is going to be a reconciliation is clearly dreaming.

    the source:

    http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/behind-cias-desperate-turkey-coup-attempt/ri15684

    Q: How do you put the United States and Russia in relation to recent events?

    WE: It should be clear from what I have said that Washington was behind the coup as their impotent reaction to the major Erdogan geopolitical shift since June, when he fired Davotoglu as Prime Minister and named loyalist Binali Yıldırım. At that point Erdogan simultaneously turned away from the Washington anti-Assad strategy in Syria and towards Israel (who is in a sharp geopolitical conflict with Washington these days), towards Russia and now, even towards Assad in Syria.

    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3596
    Points : 3631
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:49 pm

    Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    "Coup attempt, taken last week by a group of angry officers may not succeed, but now in full swing of another revolution — one that supporters of erdoğan's suit against opponents of the increasingly authoritarian style of government of the President," writes the author, a specialist in defence and international relations con Coughlin.

    +


    According to him, NATO after this, they may have to exclude Turkey from its membership: the Turkish President leaves military Alliance no choice.
    Coughlin notes that Turkey has always played for NATO's very important role and therefore, to the intentions of the Alliance should be taken seriously.




    РИА Новости http://ria.ru/world/20160720/1472288242.html#ixzz4EwPwerC3

    so western media already know about next coup? ha haha of course they know they owners are same sponsors like CIsa/MI5/MI6  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  so they know at source so to speak




    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:From what I read today on news, Turkey just pivoted towards Israel, Russia, & Iran, and away from USA.


    I don't think so. Erdogan simple cleared every sane man from this Syrian Path.


    Unlikely, in such case Russia would not make so quick reconciliation towards Turkey.


    Who said there would be reconciliation? The Army never wanted to get involved in Syria, nor does it accept the effective parallel army that Erdoshit has created in Turkey. Everyone that thinks this is going to be a reconciliation is clearly dreaming.

    the source:

    http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/behind-cias-desperate-turkey-coup-attempt/ri15684

    Q: How do you put the United States and Russia in relation to recent events?

    WE: It should be clear from what I have said that Washington was behind the coup as their impotent reaction to the major Erdogan geopolitical shift since June, when he fired Davotoglu as Prime Minister and named loyalist Binali Yıldırım. At that point Erdogan simultaneously turned away from the Washington anti-Assad strategy in Syria and towards Israel (who is in a sharp geopolitical conflict with Washington these days), towards Russia and now, even towards Assad in Syria.

    So the US sponsored a coup, while also sponsoring half the parallel army Erdogan has formed in Turkey? Do I read this right? He fired Davutogly, and then what? ATGM's supply doubled. The US and Turkey tried to opportunistically use the SAA spearhead to Raqqah and try and regain the area while letting ISIS strike the SAA. ATGM also doubled in Southern Front as well as the "Moderates" using an OSA. Basically whatever geopolitical rift they might be between Obomba and Erdoshit, their goals are the same.

    Weaken Russian option in Europe. Allowing another energy player from the Gulf and getting rid of Assad. On that aspect, nothing has changed at all.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:11 pm

    I agree with Kote. Turdogan got rid of anyone that prevented him from going full retard and his so called pivot to Russia is probably a gross attempt at seeing if Russia may take the bait. Erdog wants control of energy supplies to Europe and so they give all these goodies to Russia in hopes they become energy hub, and thus Russia loses control of resource trade power in Europe and possibly Asia. Also, Erdogan wants power over various ME countries and is in direct confrontation with Iran, so they will attempt to get Russia out of ME so that is one major player out from protecting Assad and Iran.

    All this is a fake. The coup, everything. Or, just a very convenient gift to Erdogan.

    Solncepek
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 277
    Points : 280
    Join date : 2015-08-27
    Location : USSR

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Solncepek on Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:02 pm


    Exclusive: all the details about the air ops and aerial battle over Turkey during the military coup to depose Erdogan

    F-16s, KC-135Rs, A400Ms: known and unknown details about the night of the Turkey military coup.


    Here below is the account of what happened on Jul. 15, when a military takeover was attempted in Turkey. It is based on the information gathered by Turkish defense journalist Arda Mevlutoglu, by analysis of the Mode-S logs and reports that have been published by several media outlets in the aftermath of the coup.

    Shortly after 22.00 local time on July 15th, air traffic control (ATC) operator in Akinci 4th Main Jet Base (MJB), an airbase located to the northwest of Ankara, contacted his counterpart at Esenboga Airport ATC. Akinci airbase is the homebase of 141, 142 and 143 Filo (Squadrons) of the Turkish Air Force (TuAF) equipped with F-16Cs.

    4MJB operator informed that two local-based F-16s were going to take off, fly at 21-22,000 feet and coordination with Esenboga ATC could not be possible.

    Shortly after, two F-16s calsign “Aslan 1” (“Lion 1”) and “Aslan 2” (“Lion 2”) from 141 Squadron took off from 4MJB.

    After take off, Aslan 1 contacted Esenboga and requested permission to climb to the designated altitude, which was granted. When asked about the intention, the pilot replied “special mission, going to fly over Ankara city.”

    Shortly after this communication, telephone calls from the city began reaching Esenboga, telling jets flying at very high-speed at low altitude. The time is around 22.20 – 22.25, as videos of F-16s flying over Ankara at rooftop level were filmed.

    Puzzled by the reports, Esenboga ATC called 4MJB ATC for an explanation. The reply was: “They took off with IFF transponders switched off.” 4MJB also informed Esenboga that a new pair of F-16s with callsign “Sahin” (“Hawk”) also took off at very low altitude.

    The Sahin pair threatened civilian air traffic, which was diverted through alternative approach routes.

    Shortly after that, Esenboga ATC detected a KC-135R callsign “Asena 02” from Incirlik 10th Main Tanker Base (MTB). The presence of this KC-135R, from 101 Filo (whose radio callsign is “Asena”), is confirmed by Mode-S logs collected by a feeder in Ankara.

    At this point Esenboga ATC had no contact with the mentioned F-16s and KC-135R. The Turkish Vipers began air-to-air refuelling from “Asena 02” periodically. Noteworthy, as many as 4 KC-135R reportedly flew from Incirlik (Asena 01 to 04 – the first appearing on the Mode-S logs).

    It was reported that coup supporting aircraft and helicopters opened fire at:

    * Police Special Operations Forces headquarters at Golbasi (bombed by F-16. 47 policemen killed)
    * Police Aviation Division headquarters at Golbasi
    * Turkish Grand National Assembly building (TBMM)
    * Turkish Police general headquarters
    * MIT (national intelligence organization) headquarters at Yenimahalle
    * TurkSAT (state satellite operator) headquarters at Golbasi
    * Presidental Palace at Bestepe


    For a few hours, coup F-16s flew over Ankara at very high speeds, often breaking the sound barrier at very low altitudes, releasing flares.

    It was reported also that F-16s from both sides entered dogfight over Ankara and Istanbul, however no aircraft has been shot down according to the reports obtained thus far. Interestingly, one of the coup plotters aboard a “rebel” F-16 was the pilot who shot down the Russian Su-24 Fencer that had violated the Turkish airspace back in November 2015.

    F-16s from Dalaman, Erzurum and Balikesir took off to intercept coup F-16s that according to the reports were as many as 6.

    Merzifon 5MJB, which is one of the closest MJB’s to Ankara was at renovation and closed. All its fighters were temporarily based in Erzurum.

    Meanwhile, “Asena 02” left Ankara and climbed to max operational altitude, circling over Kastamonu. Asena 03 took over its role of supporting coup F-16s. A couple of arriving F-16s were directed to Asena 02 to shoot it down, but did not do so probably due to the fact that it was flying over residential areas.

    At least one AH-1 Cobra, probably an AH-1W type opened fire with its 20mm gun to protesting crowd and TBMM. This helicopter or another one repotedly opened fire at TurkSAT (State satellite operator) headquarters at Golbasi. This helicopter was reportedly shot down by a loyalist F-16.

    A S-70A opened fire at the front gates of MIT campus. Reportedly tried to insert commandos to take over the facility and kidnap Hakan Fidan, head of the service. This helicopter is reportedly shot down (not confirmed).

    One or two Air Force AS532 CSAR helicopters raided a wedding ceremony of a high rank general in Istanbul which was attended by many generals. CSAR commandos kidnapped them.

    8 cargo aircraft (C-160 and A400M included – one using callsign “Esem 26” was in the air when the takeover unfolded) took off from Kayseri and landed at Malatya 7MJB. They were full of weapons to be used by coup.

    Coup F-16s searched for President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s plane, TC-ATA around Istanbul to shoot it down. According to some media reports rebel TuAF F-16s had the plane in their sights: it’s unclear whether they had a real lock-on, rather that they probably were searching the sky for the Gulfstream IV.

    Furthermore, TC-ATA used a callsign THY 8456 to disguise as a Turkish Airlines airplane (Turkish’s callsign is THY) and the risk of shooting down another plane, and losing credibility too, could be a factor affecting the coup’s F-16s to shot down his plane and kill Erdogan.

    TC-ATA was flying from Dalaman to Istanbul Ataturk, which was raided by coup supporters. ATC was taken over, all lights off. Shortly before TC-ATA’s landing, it was taken from rebels.

    Details of Erdogan’s flight can be found here.

    (Quite surprisingly a Turkish Air Force F-16C Block 50 could be tracked on Flightradar24.

    In the morning on Jul. 16, when it was already enough clear that the military coup in Turkey had failed, at least one Turkish Air Force F-16 was circling to the west of Ankara.

    We don’t know whether the TuAF F-16C Block 50 was flown by a loyalist or a “rebel” pilot supporting the takeover because, since the beginning of the revolt, reports have been contradictory as to whether the Air Force supported the coup or remained loyal to Erdogan, that had landed at Istanbul Ataturk international airport overnight.

    This is probably Erdogan’s plane: Turkish Government GIV TC-ATA circling now @avischarf pic.twitter.com/Aiwha8hZJZ

    — David Cenciotti (@cencio4) 15 July 2016

    Turkish Government Gulfstream has left the holding pattern and is now heading to Istanbul IST pic.twitter.com/sCCZsdalLT

    — David Cenciotti (@cencio4) 16 July 2016

    Here it is. Ground personnel taking care of Erdogan’s plane. pic.twitter.com/EYd7NXVJx0

    — David Cenciotti (@cencio4) 16 July 2016

    For sure, a certain number of aircraft supported the coup: Turkish Air Force F-16s performed ultra low-level passes, at rooftop altitude, with full afterburners over Turkey’s capital Ankara during the opening hours of the takeover. These were reportedly refuelled mid-air by TuAF KC-135s launched from Incirlik airbase.

    However, some F-16s remained loyal to the Government as seems to be confirmed by the fact that a Turkish Black Hawk helicopter carrying some Turkish high-ranking officers supporting the defiant military was shot down by a Viper.

    Anyway, what’s really interesting is that the presence of the Turkish F-16 and its route, altitude and speed (with GS varying from 180 to 570 kts) could be monitored online thanks to Flightradar24.com via MLAT.

    The aircraft, serial number 94-0086, could be first spotted around 07.45 UTC and tracked until around 09.00 UTC when it egressed the area towards the southeast (in the direction of Incirlik).

    Here below is a video recording of the mission flown by the Turkish F-16.)


    Early morning of 16 July, fighters (probably F-4E 2020) from Eskisehir 2MJB bombed the main runway of 4MJB whilst at least one Turkish Air Force F-16C Block 50 was circling to the west of Ankara most probably in Combat Air Patrol. In the afternoon on the same day an E-7 AEW of 131 Filo and an F-16 of 142 Filo were flying in Ankara area, likely ready to intercept any helicopter or small plane trying to flee towards Greece.

    Update: please note that unlike what has been mistakenly reported by some media outlets, no U.S. KC-135 took part in the operation according to the information we have collected. All the tankers whose presence has been confirmed are Turkish Air Force tankers from 101 Filo, as explained in the article.

    H/T to Arda Mevlutoglu for widely contributing to this post. Additional info from @CivMilAir and @Avischarf

    theaviationist.com



    Last edited by Solncepek on Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3383
    Points : 3426
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  JohninMK on Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:44 pm

    Source?

    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1516
    Points : 1558
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:40 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    the source:

    http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/behind-cias-desperate-turkey-coup-attempt/ri15684

    Q: How do you put the United States and Russia in relation to recent events?

    WE: It should be clear from what I have said that Washington was behind the coup as their impotent reaction to the major Erdogan geopolitical shift since June, when he fired Davotoglu as Prime Minister and named loyalist Binali Yıldırım. At that point Erdogan simultaneously turned away from the Washington anti-Assad strategy in Syria and towards Israel (who is in a sharp geopolitical conflict with Washington these days), towards Russia and now, even towards Assad in Syria.

    So the US sponsored a coup, while also sponsoring half the parallel army Erdogan has formed in Turkey? Do I read this right? He fired Davutogly, and then what? ATGM's supply doubled. The US and Turkey tried to opportunistically use the SAA spearhead to Raqqah and try and regain the area while letting ISIS strike the SAA. ATGM also doubled in Southern Front as well as the "Moderates" using an OSA.  Basically whatever geopolitical rift they might be between Obomba and Erdoshit, their goals are the same.

    Weaken Russian option in Europe. Allowing another energy player  from the Gulf and getting rid of Assad. On that aspect, nothing has changed at all.


    You are entitled to own opinion of course, like everyone of us. However so far facts are not confirming your theory but mine.  Erdogan was gladly and swiftly accepted in Russia, His PM loud and clear state that Turkish Stream and NPP are of paramount importance for Turkey.  And now this below. Seems we know why coup failed Tu-2014R  and brillinat decision of Russians to turn enemy to potential ally.

    If I am correct then next will be  massive Goebbels free US media attack on Turkey. About cruel ruler, who is not actually representing Turks, that economy is in shambles...and maybe even Turkish govt in exile recognized by some mickey mouse hague tribunal. Terror attacks number will increase, Opposition will have own media to prepare for next coup.

    Can you imagine what shit would it be to move Turkey on side of Republic not empire of evil?! Lost bosphorus, place to store nmkes. New local power in close relations to Iran and Russia.

    Darth Clinton and Sith McCain will go bananas  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil







    Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan learned of the impending attempt on his life from Russia

    Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan learned of the impending attempt on his life by Russia. According to the Iranian Fars news Agency, Russia has warned Erdogan, intercepting and Raskovalov military talks. This was reported by several Arab media, citing diplomatic sources in Ankara. Thanks to the warning of Russia Erdogan learned of the impending military coup several hours before it starts. The Ministry of defence referred the report of the national intelligence of Turkey.
    In these intercept was said about the orders of several military helicopters to head to the hotel in Marmaris Erdogan with the purpose of the arrest or liquidation.
    Sources Fars reported how Russia intercepted a signal, but noted that the information could be intercepted by funds available at the airbase "Hamim" in Syria, where the Russian space forces.

    https://news.rambler.ru/world/34240260/?track=main_topnews1

    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1516
    Points : 1558
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:47 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote: Who said there would be reconciliation?

    Putin responding to Erdogan´s letters and setting quickly govt contacts. Unless Putin knows less about situation then us on this forum there is some game behind the scenes we never learn about. we can discuss actions and deeds.



    KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3596
    Points : 3631
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:48 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    the source:

    http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/behind-cias-desperate-turkey-coup-attempt/ri15684

    Q: How do you put the United States and Russia in relation to recent events?

    WE: It should be clear from what I have said that Washington was behind the coup as their impotent reaction to the major Erdogan geopolitical shift since June, when he fired Davotoglu as Prime Minister and named loyalist Binali Yıldırım. At that point Erdogan simultaneously turned away from the Washington anti-Assad strategy in Syria and towards Israel (who is in a sharp geopolitical conflict with Washington these days), towards Russia and now, even towards Assad in Syria.

    So the US sponsored a coup, while also sponsoring half the parallel army Erdogan has formed in Turkey? Do I read this right? He fired Davutogly, and then what? ATGM's supply doubled. The US and Turkey tried to opportunistically use the SAA spearhead to Raqqah and try and regain the area while letting ISIS strike the SAA. ATGM also doubled in Southern Front as well as the "Moderates" using an OSA.  Basically whatever geopolitical rift they might be between Obomba and Erdoshit, their goals are the same.

    Weaken Russian option in Europe. Allowing another energy player  from the Gulf and getting rid of Assad. On that aspect, nothing has changed at all.


    You are entitled to own opinion of course, like everyone of us. However so far facts are not confirming your theory but mine.  Erdogan was gladly and swiftly accepted in Russia, His PM loud and clear state that Turkish Stream and NPP are of paramount importance for Turkey.  And now this below. Seems we know why coup failed Tu-2014R  and brillinat decision of Russians to turn enemy to potential ally.

    If I am correct then next will be  massive Goebbels free US media attack on Turkey. About cruel ruler, who is not actually representing Turks, that economy is in shambles...and maybe even Turkish govt in exile recognized by some mickey mouse hague tribunal. Terror attacks number will increase, Opposition will have own media to prepare for next coup.

    Can you imagine what shit would it be to move Turkey on side of Republic not empire of evil?! Lost bosphorus, place to store nmkes. New local power in close relations to Iran and Russia.

    Darth Clinton and Sith McCain will go bananas  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil







    Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan learned of the impending attempt on his life from Russia

    Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan learned of the impending attempt on his life by Russia. According to the Iranian Fars news Agency, Russia has warned Erdogan, intercepting and Raskovalov military talks. This was reported by several Arab media, citing diplomatic sources in Ankara. Thanks to the warning of Russia Erdogan learned of the impending military coup several hours before it starts. The Ministry of defence referred the report of the national intelligence of Turkey.
    In these intercept was said about the orders of several military helicopters to head to the hotel in Marmaris Erdogan with the purpose of the arrest or liquidation.
    Sources Fars reported how Russia intercepted a signal, but noted that the information could be intercepted by funds available at the airbase "Hamim" in Syria, where the Russian space forces.

    https://news.rambler.ru/world/34240260/?track=main_topnews1


    Lol, Erdogan knew about the coup about 4 hours before the troops moved in. That's why he was already in his plane.

    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1516
    Points : 1558
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:14 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote: Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan learned of the impending attempt on his life from Russia

    Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan learned of the impending attempt on his life by Russia. According to the Iranian Fars news Agency, Russia has warned Erdogan, intercepting and Raskovalov military talks. This was reported by several Arab media, citing diplomatic sources in Ankara. Thanks to the warning of Russia Erdogan learned of the impending military coup several hours before it starts. The Ministry of defence referred the report of the national intelligence of Turkey.
    In these intercept was said about the orders of several military helicopters to head to the hotel in Marmaris Erdogan with the purpose of the arrest or liquidation.
    Sources Fars reported how Russia intercepted a signal, but noted that the information could be intercepted by funds available at the airbase "Hamim" in Syria, where the Russian space forces.

    https://news.rambler.ru/world/34240260/?track=main_topnews1


    Lol, Erdogan knew about the coup about 4 hours before the troops moved in. That's why he was already in his plane. [/quote]

    because president of Turkey has no own TuAF one? I understand that simultaneous occurrence of problems in Kazakhstan and Armenia is nothing coordinated just coincidence Smile


    If Russia really helped Erdogan there will be little earth quake now in geopolitics.


    BTW Not long time ago Shoigu mentioned that situation in turkey with coup can be repeated central Asia. Russian intel works too you see.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3793
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:19 pm


    The Sublime Por... I mean Turkish Government is not wasting time:

    Erdogan: Link Between Pilots Who Shot Down Russian Su-24 and Gulen Movement

    http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160720/1043366406/erdogan-russian-jet-gulen.html

    Sultan is determined not to be upstaged by that pesky Uncle Joe... lol1

    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1757
    Points : 1797
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  franco on Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:20 am

    So today Erdogan says that foreign governments were involved in the coup and then a story comes out that the Russians gave him 4 hours notice to escape those coming to get him.

    Back to prior to the Coup and Kerry requests a meeting with Putin and stays in Moscow for further talks. Then the Coup starts, Lavrov and Kerry have a press conference after which one Russian reporter / analysis wondered, based on how Kerry looked, if the Russians were forcing him to stay against his will. Laughing

    From my imagination {Lavrov to Kerry as they walk up to the podium "Oh, by the way John, we gave Erdogen a heads up about the coup. Is there a Gold medal at Rio for that?"} Twisted Evil


    thumbsup thumbsup

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3681
    Points : 3793
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:37 am

    franco wrote:So today Erdogan says that foreign governments were involved in the coup and then a story comes out that the Russians gave him 4 hours notice to escape those coming to get him.

    Back to prior to the Coup and Kerry requests a meeting with Putin and stays in Moscow for further talks. Then the Coup starts, Lavrov and Kerry have a press conference after which one Russian reporter / analysis wondered, based on how Kerry looked, if the Russians were forcing him to stay against his will. Laughing

    From my imagination {Lavrov to Kerry as they walk up to the podium "Oh, by the way John, we gave Erdogen a heads up about the coup. Is there a Gold medal at Rio for that?"} Twisted Evil


    thumbsup thumbsup

    Honestly, I think Russians done it just so they could watch the sh*tshow unfold... Cool

    Trolling on a geopolitical level.

    "Some people just want to see the world burn" - Alfred Pennyworth. russia

    d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 739
    Points : 899
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    reply

    Post  d_taddei2 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:39 am

    Erdogan is going a bit over board now. 50,000 people now arrested, detained, or sacked, and recently.......

    The crackdown against accused enemies of the state swells as another 21,000 teachers were suspended on Tuesday in moves by the Erdogan regime to "cleanse" his government.

    http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160720/1043365297/erdogan-coup-purge-islamic-funeral.html

    and now this...........

    In the wake of last week's attempted coup, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has declared a 3-month state of emergency which will help Ankara swiftly tackle the Gulen movement.

    http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160720/1043368333/turkey-state-of-emergency.html

    The Ottoman
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 69
    Points : 89
    Join date : 2015-09-25

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  The Ottoman on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:01 am

    Erdogan: Link Between Pilots Who Shot Down Russian Su-24 and Gulen Movement

    Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has indicated that there could be a link between the pilots who shot down a Russian jet last November and the Gulen movement, blamed for last week's failed coup attempt, and suggested that foreign countries may have been involved in the attempt, as well.

    "Two pilots who downed a Russian plane have been detained in connection with the coup attempt. They could have links to Gulen organizatoin, but we do not have clear evidence at this point, it will be established by the court,"
    Erdogan said in an interview with Al Jazeera.

    Erdogan also suggested that there may have been foreign countries involved in the coup attempt that left nearly 300 people and hundreds more injured.

    "Other states could be behind this coup attempt. Gulenists have a 'supreme intelligence,' which could have plotted all this. The time will come for all these links to be revealed."


    http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160720/1043366406/erdogan-russian-jet-gulen.html

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3231
    Points : 3355
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Vann7 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:02 am



    I dont think Erdogan have a chance to live for long..
    He is digging his own grave by arresting 50,000 people with hundreds of judges ,
    police and military. Americans will have a field day with a second coup ,without firing a shot.
    All they will need to do is Economic sanctions to Turkey banks and Turkey economy and
    Erdogan will fall. Since after few months ,he will have too many enemies.

    Only chance Erdogan have to continue in power is with the help of IRAN ,CHina and Russia ,
    to boost its economy and counter the sanctions that will come to Turkey. but also Erdogan will need to cut all relations with ISIS and Alqaeda ,make peace with Syria and help Russia and IRAN with information for the security of the zone and to counter extremist.


    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2130
    Points : 2245
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  higurashihougi on Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:45 am

    sepheronx wrote:I agree with Kote. Turdogan got rid of anyone that prevented him from going full retard and his so called pivot to Russia is probably a gross attempt at seeing if Russia may take the bait.  Erdog wants control of energy supplies to Europe and so they give all these goodies to Russia in hopes they become energy hub, and thus Russia loses control of resource trade power in Europe and possibly Asia. Also, Erdogan wants power over various ME countries and is in direct confrontation with Iran, so they will attempt to get Russia out of ME so that is one major player out from protecting Assad and Iran.

    All this is a fake. The coup, everything. Or, just a very convenient gift to Erdogan.

    No, it's simply that the coup plot was exposed. Erdie's intelligence network discovered something and he managed to do some prepare. He also managed to say sorry to Russia and tried to reconcile. And Russia agreed to open a political escape for him in the case something bad happened. (Russia did not want to deepen the hostility since she needs a stable neighbor in the south).

    The military responded by doing the coup sooner. Instead of 3 A.M., the coup began at several hours earlier. But then it failed as we see.

    The coup was orchestrated by the U.S., since Erdogan became a second Ngô Đình Diệm. The U.S. made Erdie shot Su-24 and create hostility with Russia, which put Turkey and Erdie himself in a terrible situation. As a result, Erdie distanced from the U.S. and asked Russia for forgiveness to save himself.

    And the U.S. decided to ousted Erdie and put all the blame into Erdie, just like how they did with Ngô Đình Diệm. But the U.S. failed, and now Erdie began to bite back even harder.

    Some opinions claimed that it is Russia who provided info about the coup to Erdie in exchange for his leaning toward Russia. They said that, when the Turk minister went to Sochi recently, Russia used that chance to warned him about the rebel against Erdogan.

    OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 810
    Points : 829
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 21
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  OminousSpudd on Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:40 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    franco wrote:So today Erdogan says that foreign governments were involved in the coup and then a story comes out that the Russians gave him 4 hours notice to escape those coming to get him.

    Back to prior to the Coup and Kerry requests a meeting with Putin and stays in Moscow for further talks. Then the Coup starts, Lavrov and Kerry have a press conference after which one Russian reporter / analysis wondered, based on how Kerry looked, if the Russians were forcing him to stay against his will. Laughing

    From my imagination {Lavrov to Kerry as they walk up to the podium "Oh, by the way John, we gave Erdogen a heads up about the coup. Is there a Gold medal at Rio for that?"} Twisted Evil


    thumbsup thumbsup

    Honestly, I think Russians done it just so they could watch the sh*tshow unfold... Cool

    Trolling on a geopolitical level.

    "Some people just want to see the world burn" - Alfred Pennyworth. russia

    I don't know if I could live this one down to be honest if true. I have tears of laughter in my eyes already. What if the US had actually betted on Russia staying out of it? Due to prior/current hostilities? I mean this would be classic Russian politics to a T if they just went ahead and blew the whole thing up. lol1

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3231
    Points : 3355
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Vann7 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:46 am



    According to Russian intelligence insiders , it was a NATO coup with direct knowledge
    of Americans. and 100 nuclear weapons stored in Turkey. Turkey major general from the
    NATO base that asked asylum in America was arrested,and There is major concern
    by NATO with the meeting between Erdogan and Putin in early August. Some rumors
    about Turkey leaving NATO. And restoring relations with IRAN And Russia.


    http://www.fort-russ.com/2016/07/secret-turkish-intelligence-source.html





    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1516
    Points : 1558
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:12 am

    higurashihougi wrote: No, it's simply that the coup plot was exposed. Erdie's intelligence network discovered something and he managed to do some prepare. He also managed to say sorry to Russia and tried to reconcile. And Russia agreed to open a political escape for him in the case something bad happened. (Russia did not want to deepen the hostility since she needs a stable neighbor in the south).

    The military responded by doing the coup sooner. Instead of 3 A.M., the coup began at several hours earlier. But then it failed as we see.

    The coup was orchestrated by the U.S., since Erdogan became a second Ngô Đình Diệm. The U.S. made Erdie shot Su-24 and create hostility with Russia, which put Turkey and Erdie himself in a terrible situation. As a result, Erdie distanced from the U.S. and asked Russia for forgiveness to save himself.

    And the U.S. decided to ousted Erdie and put all the blame into Erdie, just like how they did with Ngô Đình Diệm. But the U.S. failed, and now Erdie began to bite back even harder.

    Some opinions claimed that it is Russia who provided info about the coup to Erdie in exchange for his leaning toward Russia. They said that, when the Turk minister went to Sochi recently, Russia used that chance to warned him about the rebel against Erdogan.


    thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

    Pls check what coincidentally CIA democratic opposition started in Armenia...hope they crack down on maydowns really hard.

    Recently also in Kazakhstan. same sponsor same methods, same objective - Russia.

    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1516
    Points : 1558
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:14 am

    Vann7 wrote:

    According to Russian intelligence insiders , it was a NATO coup with direct knowledge
    of Americans. and 100 nuclear weapons stored in Turkey. Turkey major general from the
    NATO base that asked asylum in America was arrested,and There is major concern
    by NATO with the meeting between Erdogan and Putin in early August. Some rumors
    about Turkey leaving NATO. And restoring relations with IRAN And Russia.


    http://www.fort-russ.com/2016/07/secret-turkish-intelligence-source.html





    That would be actually good but unlikely Edro stays alive after such decision is made...maybe Trump changes something...

    Sponsored content

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:07 pm


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:07 pm