Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Share

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5963
    Points : 6375
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  Austin on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:59 pm

    US working on similar system air based

    http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2016/08/us-still-leads-hypersonic-weapon.html
    avatar
    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5669
    Points : 6318
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  Viktor on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:26 pm

    Austin wrote:US working on similar system air based

    http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2016/08/us-still-leads-hypersonic-weapon.html

    Only Russia will have its hypersonic missile type  (flying within atmosphere) ready by 2020 with production facilities also up and chewing by the same time while the US is stuck with its type.

    http://tass.ru/opinions/interviews/3746268
    avatar
    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3989
    Points : 4101
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:35 pm


    Yeah come to think of it, it was USAF that started developing this system first and I remember that all tests were heavily advertised in media and news. They were acting pretty high and mighty about it. And so far none of the tests were fully successful.

    And here you have Russia starting late and successfully completing test run first. thumbsup
    avatar
    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2740
    Points : 2871
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  kvs on Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:16 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Yeah come to think of it, it was USAF that started developing this system first and I remember that all tests were heavily advertised in media and news. They were acting pretty high and mighty about it. And so far none of the tests were fully successful.

    And here you have Russia starting late and successfully completing test run first. thumbsup

    Americans are second rate in materials science. Maybe some think that such a claim is funny but there are legacy effects in terms of
    development. As of 1991 the US did not know that oxygen rich staged combustion rocket engines were physically possible because all their
    tests failed. Soviet researchers managed to come up with superior heat resistant alloys.

    These scramjets are a similar problem. How to get materials that don't get ablated away during operation. Those Russian mud hut dwellers
    that don't make anything according to Obama clearly have an edge over the self-anointed master of human achievement, Uncle Scumbag.

    Of course Uncle Scumbag will eventually succeed. Humans in America can be intelligent in spite of their Hollywood bubble of delusion.

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5963
    Points : 6375
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  Austin on Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:56 am

    James Bond sounding nuke lifts Russia back to superpower
    Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/11/08/14/47/new-russian-missile#LrUL4ImLleIKPp2G.99



    This latest project picks up where the Albatros hypersonic warhead project of mid-1980s USSR left off. That project was in response to the US missile defence development and President Ronald Reagan’s Star Wars  program.


    This weapon is designed to be installed instead of traditional warheads on long-range intercontinental ballistic missiles. It starts working at a height of about 96km and flies at its target at a speed of 5-7km per second.


    Before entering dense atmospheric layers the projectile executes a complex manoeuvre directly over the target, one that makes it difficult for anti-missile defence systems to intercept it.


    Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/11/08/14/47/new-russian-missile#LrUL4ImLleIKPp2G.99
    avatar
    gaurav
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 313
    Points : 313
    Join date : 2013-02-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Blr

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  gaurav on Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:59 pm

    By all estimates Russia has 'completed" the deployment of SS-19 missile regiment (possibly 18 missiles) fitted with 4202 warheads
    at dombarovsky. Pr4202 is a fully deployed /tested weapon at dombarovsky.
    The Testing might have been completed previous year.

    Finally the 4202 is no longer a test vehicle.

    Thats the difference between Russian and American missiles. Russian deploy then and use them in arctic , aleppo , ukraine ..where as American only use them on twitter , CNN, facebook,bbc etc.

    The only thing is that Russia might be using that deployed missiles for its improved testing for improved ,compact warheads.

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5963
    Points : 6375
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  Austin on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:23 am

    Air Force: Hypersonic Missiles From China, Russia Pose Growing Danger to U.S.

    http://freebeacon.com/national-security/air-force-hypersonic-missiles-china-russia-pose-growing-danger-u-s/


    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5963
    Points : 6375
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  Austin on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:12 am


    Hypersonics disrupt global strategic stability
    Janes

    http://www.janes360.com/images/assets/515/67515/Hypersonics_disrupt_global_strategic_stability.pdf





    Russian HGVs

    With  the  trauma  of  the  collapse  of  the  Soviet  Union  in  1991,  it  is  unsurprising  that  Russia's definition  of  strategic  stability  is  much  broader  and  encompasses  other  'domains'  alongside  the traditional  nuclear  aspects,  including  the  economic  and  social.  Despite  this  broader  perspective,
    nuclear weapons remain integral to Russian strategy and are inseparable from the other domains.

    As  the  Russian  military  has  recovered  since  its  post Cold  War  low,  the  asymmetry  between  its armed  forces  and  those  of  the  US  has  not  only  driven  military  modernisation  efforts  but  also shifted  Russia's  doctrine  in  coping  with  its  primary  competitor.  For  Russia,  the  US  is far  superior
    conventionally  and  therefore  Russia  must  rely  more  heavily  on  its  nuclear  weapons  to  counter perceived  regional  threats,  while  maintaining  its  ongoing  nuclear  modernisation  programmes  to maintain  strategic  parity  with  the  US. With  verification  under  the  2010  New  Strategic  Arms

    Reduction Treaty (the New START Treaty) due to expire in 2021 and limited prospects for further arms  control,  there  is  no  clear  pathway  for  restraining  Russia's  continued  emphasis  on  nuclear weapons.

    From  Russia's  perspective,  regional  missile  defences,  such  as  NATO's  European  Phased Adaptive Approach (EPAA) missile defence system, or the US's national Ground Based Midcourse Defense  (GMD)  system  have  the  potential  to  undermine  the  credibility  of  Russia's nuclear
    deterrent  unless  Moscow  finds  a  means  of  overcoming  and  penetrating  such  missile  defences. With a reported range of 9,900 km, Russia's Yu 71 has the potential to do just that.
    According to the US, EPAA is not directed at Russia, but was instead developed and deployed with threats from the 'south east' in mind.

    Nonetheless, Russia's perception of the threat to its arsenal from missile defence has prompted the pursuit of HGVs and other forms of military diversification.
    As previously reported in IHS Jane's Intelligence Review in June 2015, Russia's efforts to develop a modern HGV centre around the Yu-71, also known as Project 4202. Other Russian hypersonic work   includes   a   second   experimental   HGV the   Yu -74  which   flew   in   2016   from   the Dombarovskiy test site, near Orenburg, and landed on target at the Kura test site, Kamchatka, and the  short range  3M22  Zircon  HCM,  which  is  expected  to  enter  into  production  in  2018.  Russia's modern  hypersonic  efforts  may  also  reach  back  to  2001  when  it  tested  an  SS 19 'Stiletto'  (UR -100N)  intercontinental  ballistic  missile  (ICBM)  that  could  have  included  a  glide  vehicle.  Project 4202,  with  the  Yu-71  vehicle,  was  first  tested  in  2011.  There  were  several  other  tests  before  its
    first successful test in April 2016. According to the Sputnik news site (which has close links to the Kremlin) in 2016, at least 20 Yu 71 HGVs will be produced, with three per booster missile, thought to be the new RS -28 Sarmat, which is due to gradually replace the SS -19. The same news source suggests the Sarmat will also be capable of carrying up to 24 Yu-74 HGVs.

    Given  Russia's  shift  towards  an  increasingly  diversified  military  strategy,  Moscow's  focus  on hypersonic  technology  ensures  that  both  nuclear  and  conventional  strike  options  will  remain a vailable in the face of ballistic missile defence (BMD), and helps to ensure the flexibility required
    by an interconnected doctrine that blends conventional and nuclear forces. In addition to flexibility, while rebuilding its conventional capabilities Russia has increasingly relied on nuclear weapons as a  continued  symbol  of  great  power  status.  Hypersonic  technology  consolidates  both  trends  by ensuring the continued relevance of Russia's nuclear arsenal and at the same time bolstering its military prestige in the sense that it is not only keeping up with the US and China, but may even be
    surpassing   them.   Speaking   in   2014,   Boris   Obnosov,   head   of   Russia's   Tactical   Missiles Corporation,  said  in  a  news  interview,  "In  my  estimation,  the  first  hypersonic  products should appear ... in this decade before 2020." This estimate was reiterated in 2016.


    Last edited by Austin on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    gaurav
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 313
    Points : 313
    Join date : 2013-02-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Blr

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  gaurav on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:14 pm

    Austin wrote:  According to the Sputnik news site (which has close links to the Kremlin) in 2016, at least 20 Yu 71 HGVs will be produced, with three per booster missile, thought to be the new RS -28 Sarmat, which is due to gradually replace the SS -19. The same news source suggests the Sarmat will also be capable of carrying up to 24 Yu-74 HGVs.

    AGAIN THAT sputnik news.When we will learn that Sputnik = CNN. The Russian CNN  aka Sputnik news story are now being passed as official news stories by western media. There is till now no sign of YU-71.Yes lot of test were held but no where it is told that that YU-71 and YU-74 tests were done.

    There was just one sputnik news article on this hypersonic test.

    The main issue here some interfax tells about the zirkon... i think i am right.. recentlyinterfax link told that zirkon test are scheduled within a month or so.

    The western media (Janes) become zealous and starts vomiting from all sources basically Sputnik.

    The hypersonic has become a buzzword , hence janes and English media are quick to launch into a tirade of misinformation.


    Why janes does not take articles from NON-CNN  sources .


    ITAR-TASS.
    INTERFAX(Recently  a link was given in anti-ship thread ..by "mindstorm').That is real news. Interfax does not give fakenews unlike sputnik.
    kremlin.ru
    Izvestia

    There are also lot of positive things going on with Trump coming to power.Recently some info has suggested Russia has cut funding for
    whole series of SARMAT tests posssibly the warheads.(Which are the envy of the west).
    This is a definitely a good sign by Russia towards U.S.Some news propaganda cannot stand that Russia is showing friendship towards Trump hence
    they continue with the series of misinformation.

    Sputniknews at its best
    They are saying 20 HGV were tested  ,this is fake news.
    Russia MOD are clearly told a single payload was tested and a single payload was delivered to kamchatka.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4524
    Points : 4715
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:37 am

    gaurav wrote:
    Austin wrote:  According to the Sputnik news site (which has close links to the Kremlin) in 2016, at least 20 Yu 71 HGVs will be produced, with three per booster missile, thought to be the new RS -28 Sarmat, which is due to gradually replace the SS -19. The same news source suggests the Sarmat will also be capable of carrying up to 24 Yu-74 HGVs.

    AGAIN THAT sputnik news.When we will learn that Sputnik = CNN. The Russian CNN  aka Sputnik news story are now being passed as official news stories by western media. There is till now no sign of YU-71.Yes lot of test were held but no where it is told that that YU-71 and YU-74 tests were done.

    There was just one sputnik news article on this hypersonic test.

    The main issue here some interfax tells about the zirkon... i think i am right.. recentlyinterfax link told that zirkon test are scheduled within a month or so.

    The western media (Janes) become zealous and starts vomiting from all sources basically Sputnik.

    The hypersonic has become a buzzword , hence janes and English media are quick to launch into a tirade of misinformation.


    Why janes does not take articles from NON-CNN  sources .


    ITAR-TASS.
    INTERFAX(Recently  a link was given in anti-ship thread ..by "mindstorm').That is real news. Interfax does not give fakenews unlike sputnik.
    kremlin.ru
    Izvestia

    There are also lot of positive things going on with Trump coming to power.Recently some info has suggested Russia has cut funding for
    whole series of SARMAT tests posssibly the warheads.(Which are the envy of the west).
    This is a definitely a good sign by Russia towards U.S.Some news propaganda cannot stand that Russia is showing friendship towards Trump hence
    they continue with the series of misinformation.

    Sputniknews at its best
    They are saying 20 HGV were tested  ,this is fake news.
    Russia MOD are clearly told a single payload was tested and a single payload was delivered to kamchatka.

    No kidding, the Yu-71 is an old Soviet 1980's era project, they're implying that SS-28 will be just now getting hypersonic gliders when the Topol-M series already had those characteristics since the 1990's, it's been known that the Topol-M warhead has a "skipping" trajectory:




    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:36 pm