Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Share

    gaurav
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 309
    Points : 309
    Join date : 2013-02-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Blr

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  gaurav on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:10 pm

    I think with the series of tests Russian Strategic forces are deploying these warheads directly into R-36 missiles.
    I do not know how many missiles (R-36) are in a state of alert .But what I can guess from the aggressive statements coming from Kremlin that
    they have already produced fully tested obj 4202 in large quantities may be 4-6 dozens of them.

    By the beginning of 2017 or early next year Russia might have fully deployed these warheads in R-36 missiles which are in Combat readiness state.

    The recent test was a kind of advertisement for the deployment of these warheads into already deployed /remaining R-36 missiles.The kremlin showcasing this test as a success meant that it is quickly going to replace the old warheads with these new ones in the combat ready missiles.

    Altogether I am not sure how many combat ready silos russia is preparing/already prepared (Orenburg) for R-36. That would give us the hint for deployment scenario for 4202 warheads.



    jhelb
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 419
    Points : 483
    Join date : 2015-04-04
    Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  jhelb on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:48 pm

    Austin wrote:Izvestia confirms the successful flight test of Pr 4202

    http://izvestia.ru/news/641262

    As per Izvestia, the control systems that control the flight of Project 4202 are designed by some Ukranian company. This is crazy. Why is the Kremlin allowing this to happen?

    The Ukrainians must have shared this tech with NATO already.

    zg18
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 872
    Points : 948
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  zg18 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:11 pm

    jhelb wrote:
    Austin wrote:Izvestia confirms the successful flight test of Pr 4202

    http://izvestia.ru/news/641262

    As per Izvestia, the control systems that control the flight of Project 4202 are designed by some Ukranian company. This is crazy. Why is the Kremlin allowing this to happen?

    The Ukrainians must have shared this tech with NATO already.

    I don`t know how much of Russian you understand, but text clearly states replacement was developed. Ukrainian input fully eliminated.

    gaurav
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 309
    Points : 309
    Join date : 2013-02-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Blr

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  gaurav on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:20 pm

    Yaah thats correct .Lot of people on this site do not understand Russian.They do contribute a lot with their inputs because ideologically they see Russia leading unofficial resistance in unipolar world.

    Well if Clinton becomes president these R-36 deployments will move into full gear by middle of next year.Otherwise if any other
    person wins U.S elction then I think these majestic (utterly majestic/awesome russian hypersonic tech) will not be deployed
    and will agin be put into cold storage waiting for sarmat missiles to be put into assembly, production , testing deployment et etc..

    AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1149
    Points : 1162
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  AlfaT8 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:25 pm

    jhelb wrote:
    Austin wrote:Izvestia confirms the successful flight test of Pr 4202

    http://izvestia.ru/news/641262

    As per Izvestia, the control systems that control the flight of Project 4202 are designed by some Ukranian company. This is crazy. Why is the Kremlin allowing this to happen?

    The Ukrainians must have shared this tech with NATO already.

    They were working together on a lot of things, but after Maidan, everything went to hell, with the exception of Klimov.

    Yandex Trans wrote:October 25, hypersonic aircraft, known under the designation "product 4202" (also 15Ю71), was successfully tested during the firing of the launchers area of dombarovskiy in Orenburg region on the Kamchatka Kura test site. This is the first fully successful test of the weapon, capable to develop at the maximum height the speed is about 15 Max, or 7 km/h. It manufacturer 15Ю71 — Reutov Scientific production Association of machine building (NPO Mashinostroenie) had to implement an extensive program of import substitution.

    Hypersonic aircraft (GZLA) 4202 is designed for installation instead of the traditional perspective of warheads on Intercontinental ballistic missiles. The product starts working at a height of about 100 km and flies to the target at speeds of 5-7 km/s. Before entering the dense layers of the atmosphere directly above the target GSLA makes a complex maneuver, making it difficult to intercept by missile defenses.

    Messages about the successful start of the product 4202 starting from the Dombarovsky area at the Kura test site in Kamchatka appeared on 25 October: witnesses published on the Internet photographs of the sky in a characteristic trail from a rocket.

    In NPO mash declined to comment.

    The project hypersonic warheads under the name "Albatross" appeared in the USSR in the mid 1980-ies. It was a response to the attempt of the United States to create missile defence in the framework of the concept of "Star wars". However, after a few years because of technical difficulties the project was canceled. But in the mid 1990-ies NPO mash has resumed the project, but under the designation 4202.

    As told "Izvestia" an informed source in the state Corporation "Roscosmos", conducting a successful flight test "of the product 4202" was preceded by a large-scale program of import substitution: the task was to get rid of the control system, previously manufactured by the Kharkiv enterprise "Hartron", and some other components. The program was successfully implemented, which allowed to resume testing.

    — Avionics, electronic systems, and the control system is now made up entirely of Russian components, — said a source in Roscosmos. — The product is no more foreign components. A report on this in the near future will be transferred to the Ministry of industry and trade and the government.

    As explained by the interlocutor of "Izvestia", the problem of complete import substitution of toppings GSLA was put NPO mash in 2014, the completion date is appointed before the end of 2016.

    In early October, NPO Mashinostroyenia sent to all the companies involved in cooperation on the project 4202, official letter with the requirement to promptly report on the work done in the framework of the program of import substitution. The receipt of the document "news" confirmed at several companies.

    — 4202 was originally not so much foreign parts, however, the key element of the product — management system controlling HSLA, performing hypersonic maneuver and targeting, manufactured by the Ukrainian enterprise, — told "Izvestia" chief editor of the Internet project Militaryrussia Dmitry Kornev. — According to reports, NPO mash in 2014 began development of a new management system. In all probability, it began testing last year, but both start 4202 in 2015 were unsuccessful. But on October 25 this year, the launch was a success, which testifies to successful work of the NPO mash for import substitution.

    The development of control systems for GSL holding company "Hartron" (one of the leading Soviet enterprises — developers of control systems for rockets and spacecraft) began in the mid 1990-ies. Several times mention the successful testing of the system in the Russian GSLA even appeared on the official website of the company. But after the events in the Crimea in the summer of 2014 by decision of the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko on cooperation with Russia on military programs has been frozen. In particular, one of the first was curtailed collaboration "Hartron" and NPO mash.


    From what i can tell, the first successful test happened after the break-up, hopefully the substitutions will eliminate any possibility of western electronic interference with the 4202 control systems.

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3388
    Points : 3431
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:46 pm

    Hypersonic missiles can speed up to around 5 kilometers a second (Mach 15) in the upper layers of the atmosphere not only when sitting on top of intercontinental ballistic missiles, but also when launched from strategic bombers, Arsenal of the Motherland editor-in-chief Viktor Murakhovsky told RIA Novosti.

    According to Thursday’s media reports, a hypersonic missile capable of flying at a maximum 7 kilometers a second was successfully tested in Kamchatka in the Russian Far East. Accelerated by an ICBM booster rocket, the new missile is able to generate maximum speed only in the upper layers of the atmosphere. “The missile is launched by an ICBM booster, but launches from supersonic strategic bombers are not ruled out either,” Murakhovsky said. He added that after being taken to the designated launch area by a supersonic strategic bomber, the new missile would be able to travel at hypersonic speeds on the strength of its onboard engines. “This apparatus will certainly rely on its own propulsion and work on such engines is now ongoing. ‘Detonation burn’ is the kind of process that allows it to reach such speeds,” Viktor Murakhovsky explained.


    Read more: https://sputniknews.com/russia/201610281046847223-hypersonic-missile-test/


    jhelb
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 419
    Points : 483
    Join date : 2015-04-04
    Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  jhelb on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:04 pm

    zg18 wrote:
    I don`t know how much of Russian you understand, but text clearly states replacement was developed. Ukrainian input fully eliminated.

    I've near native fluency in Russian coz I'm from Belarus. My point was why get Ukraine involved in designing such a sensitive technology in the first place? I realise that Ukrainian inputs have now been replaced but the specs like flight profile etc may have already been shared with NATO.

    zg18
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 872
    Points : 948
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  zg18 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:39 pm

    jhelb wrote:
    zg18 wrote:
    I don`t know how much of Russian you understand, but text clearly states replacement was developed. Ukrainian input fully eliminated.

    I've near native fluency in Russian coz I'm from Belarus. My point was why get Ukraine involved in designing such a sensitive technology in the first place? I realise that Ukrainian inputs have now been replaced but the specs like flight profile etc may have already been shared with NATO.

    I agree with this.

    gaurav
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 309
    Points : 309
    Join date : 2013-02-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Blr

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  gaurav on Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:08 am

    Sputniknews invented the word yu-71 , nOW WHERE IS yu71.. in the dustbin of history .. these media outlets they publish some fake articles in January and by december they resort to some other names.. possibly correct name 4202..

    Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 531
    Points : 540
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  Project Canada on Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:30 am

    jhelb wrote:I realise that Ukrainian inputs have now been replaced but the specs like flight profile etc may have already been shared with NATO.

    Maybe 4204-M will render any useful info obtained by NATO useless

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15482
    Points : 16189
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  GarryB on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:52 am

    My point was why get Ukraine involved in designing such a sensitive technology in the first place? I realise that Ukrainian inputs have now been replaced but the specs like flight profile etc may have already been shared with NATO.

    Err... they have been working on this sort of technology for decades... the Ukraine was involved because it was part of the Soviet Union when they were working on such systems... the same reason the Ukraine was responsible for making components for various ICBMs.

    The fact is the cold war ended, Ukraine split from Russia and became Russophobic and were removed from the programme... either by their own choice or by their governments choice.

    Well if Clinton becomes president these R-36 deployments will move into full gear by middle of next year.Otherwise if any other
    person wins U.S elction then I think these majestic (utterly majestic/awesome russian hypersonic tech) will not be deployed
    and will agin be put into cold storage waiting for sarmat missiles to be put into assembly, production , testing deployment et etc..

    The purpose of these hypersonic gliders is not some first strike bomber force that can attack the US in minutes.

    the purpose of these gliders is to create an uninterceptable reentry vehicle for Russian ICBMs and SLBMs to ensure no matter what ABMs the US puts into service in Europe, in the arctic ocean, in Asia or in the US itself that Russian warheads will make it to their detonation positions and offer a real deterrence to the US and the west... no matter who is in the Whitehouse.

    Trump probably wont be as dangerous to russia and china as Hillary, but he wont be best buddies either... America will still be a threat.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5630
    Points : 6283
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  Viktor on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:44 pm

    More and morke information arrises in latter times about the ability of Russian engineers/scientiest to put many more hypersonic independently  targetable warheads on a single missile  thumbsup

    'Object 4202': New Russian Hypersonic Warhead to Be Coupled With Sarmat ICBM


    Defense analyst Victor Litovkin:
    Technical characteristics of the [new hypersonic weapon] are classified, but I can assume that there are up to 20 independently targetable warheads. Each of them has its own flight program. They fly like cruise missiles but at hypersonic speeds," he detailed. "People in Siberia mistook them for meteorites wrote:

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2533
    Points : 2666
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  kvs on Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:10 pm

    This design is the next generation of maneuverable delivery vehicles. Russia already had gliders that rendered any ballistic interceptor useless.
    But now this has been taken to a new level. These are not just gliders, they are propelled at high speeds probably via scramjets. So now
    even nuclear warheads on Uncle Scumbag's ABM nuclear primacy dream will be useless. The ABM interceptors won't even be able to
    get in range.

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5680
    Points : 6086
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  Austin on Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:18 pm

    Viktor wrote:More and morke information arrises in latter times about the ability of Russian engineers/scientiest to put many more hypersonic independently  targetable warheads on a single missile  thumbsup

    'Object 4202': New Russian Hypersonic Warhead to Be Coupled With Sarmat ICBM


    Defense analyst Victor Litovkin:
    Technical characteristics of the [new hypersonic weapon] are classified, but I can assume that there are up to 20 independently targetable warheads. Each of them has its own flight program. They fly like cruise missiles but at hypersonic speeds," he detailed. "People in Siberia mistook them for meteorites wrote:

    Don't think project 4202 has to do with sarmat but is part of new system based on SS-19 vehicle.

    Part of Russian guaranteed destruction of heavily defended target any where in world and in conventional role Russian equivalent of prompt global strike

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2533
    Points : 2666
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  kvs on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:05 pm

    Austin wrote:
    Viktor wrote:More and morke information arrises in latter times about the ability of Russian engineers/scientiest to put many more hypersonic independently  targetable warheads on a single missile  thumbsup

    'Object 4202': New Russian Hypersonic Warhead to Be Coupled With Sarmat ICBM


    Defense analyst Victor Litovkin:
    Technical characteristics of the [new hypersonic weapon] are classified, but I can assume that there are up to 20 independently targetable warheads. Each of them has its own flight program. They fly like cruise missiles but at hypersonic speeds," he detailed. "People in Siberia mistook them for meteorites wrote:

    Don't think project 4202 has to do with sarmat but is part of new system based on SS-19 vehicle.

    Part of Russian guaranteed destruction of heavily defended target any where in world and in conventional role Russian equivalent  of prompt global strike

    Sounds like nonsense to me. Russia does not need this joke US imperial program. It doesn't have 3rd world targets to bomb to impose its "imperial will".
    Passive gliders are constrained to be in close proximity to the nominal ballistic trajectory of the ICBM. This is due to energy conservation. Giving these
    gliders the ability to fly horizontally for a sufficient period of time would disperse them in a way that no ABM system could handle. Current ABM systems
    target the ICBM and bank on the close proximity of the warheads to save time and fuel to reach them. Propelled glider warheads would render this scheme
    totally useless. Targeting each warhead individually is a vastly more challenging task. These warheads can be made to reach speeds that no ABM rocket
    could match by increasing the speed of the ICBM and making the propelled gliders have the ability to boost themselves to Mach 5 or more. The combined
    speed would be beyond ABM interception capability even with nuclear warheads.

    This program seems like a deliberate effort to teach the demented f*cks in Washington that Russia will roast their asses if they try to pull any nuclear
    primacy first strike or "retaliation". A prompt global strike program would not have this value.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3682
    Points : 3794
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:43 pm

    Sounds like nonsense to me. Russia does not need this joke US imperial program. It doesn't have 3rd world targets to bomb to impose its "imperial will".....


    It may not need it but history has proven that it is better to have imperial programmes than not to have them. Another deterrent and self protection tool does not hurt especially one that is already 90% built. Not making one at this stage would be wasteful.

    Also if this thing has enough speed it can be used as kinetic impactor.  Clean and efficient, Greenpeace will love it. Cool

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5680
    Points : 6086
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  Austin on Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:41 pm

    kvs wrote:
    Austin wrote:
    Viktor wrote:More and morke information arrises in latter times about the ability of Russian engineers/scientiest to put many more hypersonic independently  targetable warheads on a single missile  thumbsup

    'Object 4202': New Russian Hypersonic Warhead to Be Coupled With Sarmat ICBM


    Defense analyst Victor Litovkin:
    Technical characteristics of the [new hypersonic weapon] are classified, but I can assume that there are up to 20 independently targetable warheads. Each of them has its own flight program. They fly like cruise missiles but at hypersonic speeds," he detailed. "People in Siberia mistook them for meteorites wrote:

    Don't think project 4202 has to do with sarmat but is part of new system based on SS-19 vehicle.

    Part of Russian guaranteed destruction of heavily defended target any where in world and in conventional role Russian equivalent  of prompt global strike

    Sounds like nonsense to me.   Russia does not need this joke US imperial program.   It doesn't have 3rd world targets to bomb to impose its "imperial will".
    Passive gliders are constrained to be in close proximity to the nominal ballistic trajectory of the ICBM.   This is due to energy conservation.   Giving these
    gliders the ability to fly horizontally for a sufficient period of time would disperse them in a way that no ABM system could handle.    Current ABM systems
    target the ICBM and bank on the close proximity of the warheads to save time and fuel to reach them.   Propelled glider warheads would render this scheme
    totally useless.   Targeting each warhead individually is a vastly more challenging task.    These warheads can be made to reach speeds that no ABM rocket
    could match by increasing the speed of the ICBM and making the propelled gliders have the ability to boost themselves to Mach 5 or more.    The combined
    speed would be beyond ABM interception capability even with nuclear warheads.

    This program seems like a deliberate effort to teach the demented f*cks in Washington that Russia will roast their asses if they try to pull any nuclear
    primacy first strike or "retaliation".   A prompt global strike program would not have this value.  

    No non sense but confirmed by insider, Pr 4202 is part of guaranteed penetration against high value target any where in the world in nuclear or conventional role.

    It's speed and manoeuvrability ensures that , it renters at 7 km/sec and can glide between 5km to 7 km per sec for thousands of km and can manoeuvre as it glides at 90-100 km altitude to its target , it has terminal guidance and can hit target with pin point accuracy. It's a glider no Scramjet etc

    Conventional promt global strike was confirmed by Russian mod to be deployed by 2020

    This is like a weapon to deter aggressor before start of nuclear war and if required demonstrate it

    gaurav
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 309
    Points : 309
    Join date : 2013-02-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Blr

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  gaurav on Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:05 pm

    Wow wow things getting really hot up there  .. the temp are soaring over the 4202 .. he he what a sarcasm ..

    I will state only one point.

    Russ MoD confirmed 'a single warhead' delivered to kamchatka through siberian airspace.

    The Roscosmos (this author in sputniknews)confirmed people in Siberia saw probably a dozen shooting stars above the skies (during the time of flight).
    Eh eh eh .. Wink

    Something probably missing on this flight test. Something is really missing.I think Russ MoD put a conservative estimate on the no of warheads. Cool

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5680
    Points : 6086
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  Austin on Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:17 pm

    Haha dozen shooting star are easily the decoy that accompany warhead

    gaurav
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 309
    Points : 309
    Join date : 2013-02-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Blr

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  gaurav on Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:34 pm

    No comments just one:

    This is too much .. way too much Shocked

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15482
    Points : 16189
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  GarryB on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:46 am

    Don't think project 4202 has to do with sarmat but is part of new system based on SS-19 vehicle.

    The project is tested on the SS-19 vehicle because it needs an ICBM to be launched from and the SS-19s are available as platforms to test on... ie they are being withdrawn from use as ICBMs so are available for testing or launching satellites.

    There is zero chance the Project 4202 will be an SS-19 based system as the SS-19 are being withdrawn from service.

    Sarmat should have rather more throw weight capacity than an SS-19...


    Part of Russian guaranteed destruction of heavily defended target any where in world and in conventional role Russian equivalent of prompt global strike

    With development it will likely allow engaging targets with conventional warheads, but the most practical use will be in developing ICBM and SLBM warheads that can evade air defences over NATO targets including europe and CONUS including Canada...

    Russia has no world wide drone assassination system and likely wont need the same in a hypersonic bomber, but this work is all about making sure their nukes get through so those stupid westerners don't think they are safe behind their missile shield and can dictate terms.

    Something probably missing on this flight test. Something is really missing.I think Russ MoD put a conservative estimate on the no of warheads.

    There might have been only one practise warhead and several gliders used for testing... they may have also had decoys and other items on board for testing too.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5680
    Points : 6086
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Age : 40
    Location : India

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  Austin on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:29 am

    SS-19 are here to stay for long , infact they have 100 of SS-19 in dry storage they will use that for 2 decade.

    Pr 4202 is unique system for a unique role , Sarmat will have its own RV T tested at later date based on further advanced design based on 4202

    gaurav
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 309
    Points : 309
    Join date : 2013-02-19
    Age : 37
    Location : Blr

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  gaurav on Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:41 pm

    GarryB wrote:as platforms to test on... ie they are being withdrawn from use as ICBMs so are available for testing or launching satellites.

    Yes they were initially being withdrawn. Right now the withdrawal process is terminated. They are being re-activated into service.The reason is pr4202. The region where the "new" (in whatever sense) ICBM regiment is being formed is orenburg. This region lies just north of Khazakstan.
    It will hardly take 1-2 months to form the new ICBM regiment fully operational with pr4202 warheads (in full combat readiness state).
    Just like Topol-M, and RS-24 Yars.

    The biggest Irony is that SS-19 regiment is being activated even before RS-26 rubezh regiment.

    Finally I would say lets get some more data from other news sites(excluding sputniknews) which always exaggerates the tests.

    Russ Mod has clarified that only one warhead was tested. At the most may be 2 but definitely not 12 to 16 .That is a joke.
    Sputniknews invented yu-71 then how can we believe that 10 warheads were carried by ss-19 missile.


    Pr4202 initial mas estimates was 4-6 tons for each warhead. It simply cannot be reduced to 1 ton .This is ludicrous.


    Austin wrote:SS-19 are here to stay for long , infact they have 100 of SS-19 in dry storage they will use that for 2 decade.

    This is what the picture is turning out to be right now. Sarmat testing will begin no earlier than 2018 or 2020. In relation to SS-19 we are talking about next 4-6 months here.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15482
    Points : 16189
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  GarryB on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:16 am

    SS-19 was an excellent ICBM, but it is Ukrainian.

    It has been used to launch satellites, but I rather doubt they would base a weapon on its design.

    With the new start treaty limiting ICBMs it makes no sense wasting missiles for a new weapon based on an old missile.

    I rather suspect they will use up SS-19s for testing but the final system will be based on a new missile type that is in production...

    The things they learn from its testing will likely go into more compact models for other smaller ICBMs.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5630
    Points : 6283
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  Viktor on Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:55 pm

    ICBM/SLBM will be used as a boost for the object 4202 BUT also supersonic bombers can do the same as was recently announced.

    So in light of the 50+ Tu-160 order and the whole array of existing Tu-160 and Tu-22M3 modernization it could happen that object 4202 in that or similar form makes its

    formidable presence felt across the globe in such form also thumbsup

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian hypersonic vehicle “object 4202”

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:15 pm


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:15 pm