Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #9

NationalRus
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Re: Russian Military involvement and aid to Syria #9

Post  NationalRus on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:12 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:Let's be honest though. Alawi Syria is as reliable an ally as it gets in that part of the world. We're not talking effectiveness, we're talking reliability. Those guys despite having a relic of and army are not letting the fight down. It's not the Afghan forces FFS.

true, we are fighting there for the alawites/shias and christians and they fight desperate and for survival and thats why we need to save them now from filth that only deserves to be gassed, still they fuckd up before and during the war and in general second class "allys" who only give lip service and cant pull there own weight even slightly aren't worth it, its not our job to be "captain russia coming to the rescue"

Dima
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Dima on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:13 pm

Another good shot of Ka-52

Военный Советник ‏@miladvisor 2 hours ago
    Ka-52 'Alligator' pictured during a military operation on the outskirts of #Qaryatayn #Syria via @SputnikInt

ultron
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  ultron on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:49 pm

If Putin don't want to fight Qaeda and Russian traitors in Russia itself, blowing up whole towns and cities, then Putin better win in Syria. Syria is red line for Putin. Throughout Putin's term as president he had to fight American aggression in Syria and then in Ukraine. America is full on out for Russian blood.

Even now Russian arms support to Syria is very minimal. If the US arms Ukraine, the US would provide tons of arms including planes and tanks, not the tiny bit Russia provides to Syria.

If I were Putin I would have supplied hundreds of Su-30s, thousands of T-90s to Syria, just like the good old Soviet times. USSR itself was betrayed by traitors.

ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  ult on Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:41 pm

ultron wrote:If I were Putin I would have supplied hundreds of Su-30s, thousands of T-90s to Syria, just like the good old Soviet times. USSR itself was betrayed by traitors.

How stupid can one be?

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:44 pm

ult wrote:
    ultron wrote:If I were Putin I would have supplied hundreds of Su-30s, thousands of T-90s to Syria, just like the good old Soviet times. USSR itself was betrayed by traitors.

How stupid can one be?

There is stupid and then there is Ultron stupid. For everything else, there is mastercar..........trolling

JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  JohninMK on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:04 pm

ult wrote:If I were Putin I would have supplied hundreds of Su-30s, thousands of T-90s to Syria, just like the good old Soviet times. USSR itself was betrayed by traitors.

How stupid can one be?
    Some might regard responding to Ultron as being in that category Laughing

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:25 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    ult wrote:If I were Putin I would have supplied hundreds of Su-30s, thousands of T-90s to Syria, just like the good old Soviet times. USSR itself was betrayed by traitors.

How stupid can one be?
    Some might regard responding to Ultron as being in that category Laughing

What's wrong with entertainment?

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:01 am

Russia’s proposal on Syria inclusive talks blocked at UN Security Council - UN envoy

UN, April 6. /TASS/. Western member states of the UN Security Council voted to block Russia’s proposal on the all-inclusive nature of the upcoming round of intra-Syrian talks, Russia’s UN envoy Vitaly Churkin said.

According to the Russian diplomat, a delegation from Ukraine, which is not a permanent UN Security Council member, "also added its destructive share" into the decision to block the Russian proposal.

Go figure, a Ukrainian delegate that pretends to be important follows whatever the west does. What a bunch of clowns. They make themselves look like idiots on international community.

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:07 am

#Syria Looks like RuAF is coming back in the game. Massive airstrikes reported by local activists south / west of Aleppo and in Idlib prov

https://mobile.twitter.com/green_lemonnn/status/717479406105702400

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:05 am

Western states block Kurdish participation in Syria peace talks proposed by Russia

calm
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  calm on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:31 am

Last edited by calm on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

calm
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  calm on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:32 am

double post

Neutrality
    Major
    Major

Post  Neutrality on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:44 am

Great footage. The best one so far showing off Alligators in action.

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

Ka-52

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:04 pm

Teshub
    Private
    Private

Post  Teshub on Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:20 pm

JohninMK wrote:Welcome to the thread. If that sickens you perhaps you have strayed into the wrong place.
    Hey guys, I am no stranger to death or what happens during military actions. I've got no problem watching videos of troops getting shot during a firefight, the carnage of a FOAB, or even those Yemeni IED ambushes (a nice piece of fieldcraft). I'm not even against releasing what is little more than a shooting fish in a barrel movie.

What sickens me is setting it to techno music as if that makes it somehow 'cooler' and the crew deliberately splattering the guts of a clearly injured and non-retaliating combatant with an entire volley of rockets. It was a head hunt.

The sheer profligate waste of ammo aside, it doesn't even make strategic sense... which should be to destroy the tents and materiel they contain so the unit is rendered combat ineffective, leave WIA combatants to be a long-term medical burden, and ensure enough survivors to spread the loss of morale.

We don't know where the action took place or when or who the combatants were so it is difficult to pass judgement as to what degree the targets deserved what happened to them.
    Fair enough. If these guys had just butchered a school or gang raped every man, woman and child in a nearby village then so be it.  But if they were just soldiers, albeit religious fanatics, then they still deserve to be treated under the rules of war. Not every member of Al Nusra or ISIS is a heart eating, beheader of civilians.

Again, I have no problem with them being bombed. I do think it crosses the line to unnecessarily fire off a volley of Hydra 70 rockets on a wounded combatant unable to fight back. Do you think that will cow the enemy when they see the footage, or increase the anger and outrage of Islamic fundamentalists?

If it was ISIS and other terrorist groups, then perhaps they should have considered the phrase 'do unto others what one would have done to oneself' before they started down the path they took, slaughtering ('helpless' as you might put it) prisoners and civilians.
    If history has taught us anything, it is that its always dangerous to descend to the level of the enemy.

You may think I'm raising a straw man, but that video showed clear signs of the slip towards inhumanity. From there its just a small step towards flattening entire city blocks come what may. Are we not seeing exactly that with Ukrainian shelling of Donbass? The Israeli levelling swathes of the Gaza strip two years ago? The shooting of restrained/wounded prisoners by Israeli soldiers (or US cops)? Even the shooting of helpless parachuting Russian airmen by Turkmen?

If nobody stands up for the Geneva Conventions, then we're all in for a very rough time when instability comes home to roost. If the US won't do it, I sure as hell hope the Russians will.

medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  medo on Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:45 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:

Now we know for 3 Ka-52 operating in Syria with b/n 77, 78 and 79. Only thing, that I don't like very much is using them in daylight from close distance with unguided rockets. They have old Mi-24P for this job. Ka-52 should do night operations only with guided Ataka ATGMs precise attacks using its radar and powerful optics with thermal imager. For day and night time strikes I would more like to use Mi-28N as it have stronger armor. Maybe this is only to show, that Ka-52 are now in combat too.

JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  JohninMK on Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:30 pm

Teshub wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Welcome to the thread. If that sickens you perhaps you have strayed into the wrong place.
    Hey guys, I am no stranger to death or what happens during military actions. I've got no problem watching videos of troops getting shot during a firefight, the carnage of a FOAB, or even those Yemeni IED ambushes (a nice piece of fieldcraft). I'm not even against releasing what is little more than a shooting fish in a barrel movie.

What sickens me is setting it to techno music as if that makes it somehow 'cooler' and the crew deliberately splattering the guts of a clearly injured and non-retaliating combatant with an entire volley of rockets. It was a head hunt.

The sheer profligate waste of ammo aside, it doesn't even make strategic sense... which should be to destroy the tents and materiel they contain so the unit is rendered combat ineffective, leave WIA combatants to be a long-term medical burden, and ensure enough survivors to spread the loss of morale.

We don't know where the action took place or when or who the combatants were so it is difficult to pass judgement as to what degree the targets deserved what happened to them.
    Fair enough. If these guys had just butchered a school or gang raped every man, woman and child in a nearby village then so be it.  But if they were just soldiers, albeit religious fanatics, then they still deserve to be treated under the rules of war. Not every member of Al Nusra or ISIS is a heart eating, beheader of civilians.

Again, I have no problem with them being bombed. I do think it crosses the line to unnecessarily fire off a volley of Hydra 70 rockets on a wounded combatant unable to fight back. Do you think that will cow the enemy when they see the footage, or increase the anger and outrage of Islamic fundamentalists?

If it was ISIS and other terrorist groups, then perhaps they should have considered the phrase 'do unto others what one would have done to oneself' before they started down the path they took, slaughtering ('helpless' as you might put it) prisoners and civilians.
    If history has taught us anything, it is that its always dangerous to descend to the level of the enemy.

You may think I'm raising a straw man, but that video showed clear signs of the slip towards inhumanity. From there its just a small step towards flattening entire city blocks come what may. Are we not seeing exactly that with Ukrainian shelling of Donbass? The Israeli levelling swathes of the Gaza strip two years ago? The shooting of restrained/wounded prisoners by Israeli soldiers (or US cops)? Even the shooting of helpless parachuting Russian airmen by Turkmen?

If nobody stands up for the Geneva Conventions, then we're all in for a very rough time when instability comes home to roost. If the US won't do it, I sure as hell hope the Russians will.
    Fair enough, you make some valid and well thought out points. Apologies, thought you might just be a troll.

Given that this is a US video and the US is supposed to be the world's premier country, it is as you say hugely concerning that they seem to not give a sh*t about 'rules of war' unless it is something done against them. So far, from all the evidence we have seen, Russia seems to be applying in general a higher standard in its operations.

arpakola
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  arpakola on Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:44 pm

Illegal Islamists  immigrants from Syria.... in Greece,  are taking control of a hi-way leading to borders , .. asking from a Greek lory driver to show his papers..!! , and not allowing him to pass... !!  and the police is just watching !!!

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:51 pm

arpakola wrote:Illegal Islamists  immigrants from Syria.... in Greece,  are taking control of a hi-way leading to borders , .. asking from a Greek lory driver to show his papers..!! , and not allowing him to pass... !!  and the police is just watching !!!

This is just internal EU crap and has nothing to do with Russian ops in Syria. Why go off topic?

Teshub
    Private
    Private

Post  Teshub on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:04 pm

JohninMK wrote:Fair enough, you make some valid and well thought out points. Apologies, thought you might just be a troll.
    No problem. I usually keep a low profile most of the time. I prefer to spend my time listening.

Given that this is a US video and the US is supposed to be the world's premier country, it is as you say hugely concerning that they seem to not give a sh*t about 'rules of war' unless it is something done against them. So far, from all the evidence we have seen, Russia seems to be applying in general a higher standard in its operations.
    Indeed.

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:44 pm

Great footage by Russian Mi-28
    https://mobile.twitter.com/bm27_uragan/status/717825262889603072/video/1

d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

Post  d_taddei2 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:44 pm

anyone got an update on what aircraft Russia currently has in Syria? (fixed wing/heli) and does anyone know if any armed Mi-8 been used in combat?

Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Zivo on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:55 pm

Viktor wrote:Great footage by Russian Mi-28

What the heck is he saying?

calm
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  calm on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:07 am

Viktor wrote:Great footage by Russian Mi-28

More here - https://www.facebook.com/dmitry.rogozin?fref=photo

4 videos for now...

calm
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  calm on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:49 am

#Syria #Aleppo After use of Chlorine gas yd. #Russia bombing strategic al-Eis town with White Phosphorus & Napalm cry

After all this crying and moaning by pro terror twitter accounts, i must say, bomb them more and more, Bomb them Again and again!
    attack

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:10 am

Current date/time is Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:10 am