Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Share

    andalusia

    Posts : 121
    Points : 167
    Join date : 2013-10-01

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  andalusia on Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:48 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:It's anti-cult law.

    Update your pastor on MSM nonsense that get aired.

    I assume he just read the article and bought it hook, line and sinker.

    Explain what is the anti-cult law? Why have such a law? Can a person share the Gospel of Christ on the street without a permit like here in America?

    Svyatoslavich

    Posts : 400
    Points : 401
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Buenos Aires

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Svyatoslavich on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:15 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote: Sorry, but the Vatican has to answer for it's widespread pedophilia. Your boy John Paul II was exposed for protecting widespread child molestation networks...While the Vatican is molesting children, Orthodox/Coptic practitioners are fighting off the Wahabbist/Salafist extremist hordes that threaten to invade Europe.
    Agreed with your first sentence. Partially agree with the second. There is a terrible problem of paedophilia, but the causes are not what the mass media say: it was caused exactly by the opening of the Church and allowance of homosexual people into seminaries since Vatican II. The Orthodox, as they didn't have their "springtime of the Church", also avoided this problem. Good for them, we should have done exactly the same.

    Svyatoslavich

    Posts : 400
    Points : 401
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Buenos Aires

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Svyatoslavich on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:25 am

    GarryB wrote:
    Russia has been the victim of western aggression for more than 3 hundred years and this has nothing to do with communism and everything to do with colonialism.
    That is true, but you have to consider the underlying ideology of the Soviet Union: Marxist Communism. For Marx, socialism has to be implemented in the entire world so that communism, the perfect social order, can appear, when there will be no property, no inequalities, no states, no wars, no crimes, etc. So the Soviet Union was doing it best to spread its own version of socialism (which they considered the proper one) to the entire world, even to very distante countries in Africa, South America, Southeast Asia. Of course, as one of the two superpowers sometimes it had to acommodate with the US for pragmatic reasons (after the Cuban revolution, they stopped supporting armed revolutionaries in South America, and probably Soviet intelligence was involved in sharing data about Che Guevara to the US as he insisted in making revolutions in the entire continent), but the strategic goal of the Soviet Union was to implement socialism in the entire world.
    The Russian Empire, and now the Russian Federation, on the other hand, have no ilusions about some utopic "perfect social order" that has to be imposed over the entire world, and therefore can engage in realistic and pragmatic relations with other countries seeking mutually beneficial relations.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6976
    Points : 7074
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:09 am

    andalusia wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:It's anti-cult law.

    Update your pastor on MSM nonsense that get aired.

    I assume he just read the article and bought it hook, line and sinker.

    Explain what is the anti-cult law? Why have such a law? Can a person share the Gospel of Christ on the street without a permit like here in America?

    Gospel of Christ is already shared far and wide across Russia. It's been shared for nearly millennia now. And has taken root firmly.

    Why waste time converting people who are already converted? Plenty of places on this planet where it's still not done so why not go there?


    Also rest of you guys: can we leave intra-christian holy war for some other time?
    avatar
    zorobabel

    Posts : 223
    Points : 223
    Join date : 2015-09-21

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  zorobabel on Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:53 am

    I think one of the primary reasons given was also that it was meant to stop radical strains of Islam from spreading.
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7113
    Points : 7385
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:03 am

    There has been plenty of problems of JW's, Scientologists, Islamists, etc all preaching and trying to convert people. The simple fact that they banned that is great. Let people decide. Russia is predominantly Orthodoxy, so leave that be.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17874
    Points : 18436
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  GarryB on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:01 pm

    Hey Garry B:
    Many blacks would have no problem signing up to fight a war against Russia.

    And I am sure most Americans think America is a force for good in the world, but in actual fact America is a force for America.

    I am often told by internet warriors how as a New Zealander I should be grateful that I am not speaking Japanese right now and that it was the US who saved me and my country.

    They really don't like it when I point out that the blockade by the US and British before WWII of Japan forced them to accelerate their expansion to find resources they were being denied by the blockade... the US and UK created the situation where Japan first looked north for oil and resources and when they got a bloody nose in that short bloody conflict with the Soviet Union they turned south for resources... oil rubber wood etc etc.

    More to the point the US did nothing until the Japanese attacked them in Pearl Harbour... up until that point they didn't lift a finger to help New Zealand or Australia.

    The US didn't help anyone else... it helped itself... the fact that it was useful to us was incidental.

    but the strategic goal of the Soviet Union was to implement socialism in the entire world.

    And the goal of the west is to spread their own religion and politics... it has never been about everyone being democratic or socialist... the US has undermined more democratic elections than the Soviet Union ever did...

    The Russian Empire, and now the Russian Federation, on the other hand, have no ilusions about some utopic "perfect social order" that has to be imposed over the entire world, and therefore can engage in realistic and pragmatic relations with other countries seeking mutually beneficial relations.

    Ironically the Russian empire absorbed neighbours and freed neighbours quite a lot... depending upon their situation and interests.

    andalusia

    Posts : 121
    Points : 167
    Join date : 2013-10-01

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  andalusia on Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:02 am

    GarryB wrote:
    Hey Garry B:  
    Many blacks would have no problem signing up to fight a war against Russia.

    And I am sure most Americans think America is a force for good in the world, but in actual fact America is a force for America.

    I am often told by internet warriors how as a New Zealander I should be grateful that I am not speaking Japanese right now and that it was the US who saved me and my country.

    They really don't like it when I point out that the blockade by the US and British before WWII of Japan forced them to accelerate their expansion to find resources they were being denied by the blockade... the US and UK created the situation where Japan first looked north for oil and resources and when they got a bloody nose in that short bloody conflict with the Soviet Union they turned south for resources... oil rubber wood etc etc.

    More to the point the US did nothing until the Japanese attacked them in Pearl Harbour... up until that point they didn't lift a finger to help New Zealand or Australia.

    The US didn't help anyone else... it helped itself... the fact that it was useful to us was incidental.

    Very enlightening post Garry B.  I didn't know the US and Britain blockaded Japan.

    http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/01/07/troop-worship/

    http://disinfo.com/2016/03/the-fallacy-of-troop-worship/
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17874
    Points : 18436
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  GarryB on Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:35 am

    Most American documentaries are crap... I don't want to say that but it is true.

    An exception is the Oliver Stone documentaries on the history of the US.

    They cover all the major events but actually look deeper into why they happened.

    The average US doco will say the war in the Pacific started when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbour, but the Oliver stone doco actually looked into why they attacked.

    Equally it delves into the european theatre of the war and includes information like the Soviets approaching Poland asking for an alliance... which the Poles flatly refused... they wanted closer relations with Germany.

    The Soviets approached the British and were told to talk to the poles.

    Stalin wasn't an idiot... he recognised Hitler as being dangerous, but the non aggression pact with Germany was the only offer on the table... there were no offers from Britain or Poland so the choice was to sign and get half of Poland or not sign and have german forces that much closer to Moscow.

    Friends don't need Non Aggression Pacts.

    As the two major powers that suffered the most from WWI before 1933 when Hitler took power there was a lot of cooperation and joint work between Germany and the Soviet Union. After hitler took power there was only raw material purchases... and if you are going to bitch about Stalin trading with Hitler then you will need to bitch about IBM selling computers to the germans... well data collation machines.

    The really frustrating thing for me is when newbies claim the US won WWII all on its own and the Soviets only survived because General Winter and Lend Lease won the day for them, the replies tend to under rate the war effort of the west... when my dad is bigger than yours it is because your dad is tiny and weak...

    If the Soviets only survived because of the cold and lend lease you could say the British survived by running away and the US survived by not turning up until the Germans were rather damaged already.
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1157
    Points : 1229
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  auslander on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:53 pm

    andalusia wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:It's anti-cult law.

    Update your pastor on MSM nonsense that get aired.

    I assume he just read the article and bought it hook, line and sinker.

    Explain what is the anti-cult law? Why have such a law? Can a person share the Gospel of Christ on the street without a permit like here in America?

    This is primarily against NGO's who constantly try to undermine VVP and the Orthodox Church. Religious toleration here is vast and normal, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, whatever, all get along well and live side by side. The evangelicals seem to have a penchant for trying to undermine The State and after years of warnings and evangelicals actively supporting Ukraine events publicly it was decided enough was enough. If you have an official Church, no problem, let those who may be interested come to your Church. If you want to worship in your home with friends and acquaintances, no one cares and no one will kick in your door. Just don't stand at the gates of the local Orthodox Church or Mosque and try to dragoon worshipers to come to your Church. That is considered to be bad form.

    As an aside, the Baptist Church in this berg is still operating and no one has mentioned shutting it down.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4627
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:09 pm

    Remember the Russian military has never defeated any major military with will power or skill, only by the hands of winter. This is especially true with The Crimean War, where the Russian Empire fought off the combined forces of the British, French, and Ottoman empires, which took place in the sub-tropical climate of Crimea, which also occurred during several autumn, spring, and summer months... Rolling Eyes


    Svyatoslavich

    Posts : 400
    Points : 401
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Buenos Aires

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Svyatoslavich on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:28 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:Remember the Russian military has never defeated any major military with will power or skill, only by the hands of winter. This is especially true with The Crimean War, where the Russian Empire fought off the combined forces of the British, French, and Ottoman empires, which took place in the sub-tropical climate of Crimea, which also occurred during several autumn, spring, and summer months... Rolling Eyes
    Yes, but Russia ultimately lost the Crimean war. They put an impressive resistance, but lost.
    Anyway, I full agree that this myth is utterly stupid. Just to bring one example, Russia defeated Napoleon in the height of his power in 1812-1813. His Grande Armée was the biggest fighting force ever seen until then (only one century later, in WWI, there would exist bigger armies). And Russia not only kicked them out of its territory, but didn't stop until reaching Paris.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4627
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:45 pm

    Svyatoslavich wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:Remember the Russian military has never defeated any major military with will power or skill, only by the hands of winter. This is especially true with The Crimean War, where the Russian Empire fought off the combined forces of the British, French, and Ottoman empires, which took place in the sub-tropical climate of Crimea, which also occurred during several autumn, spring, and summer months... Rolling Eyes
    Yes, but Russia ultimately lost the Crimean war. They put an impressive resistance, but lost.
    Anyway, I full agree that this myth is utterly stupid. Just to bring one example, Russia defeated Napoleon in the height of his power in 1812-1813. His Grande Armée was the biggest fighting force ever seen until then (only one century later, in WWI, there would exist bigger armies). And Russia not only kicked them out of its territory, but didn't stop until reaching Paris.

    It was more like a stalemate, biased Anglo-Saxon historians claim it's a defeat just like they claim D-Day defeated Hitler when Operation Bagration was the actual operation that crushed the 3rd Reich. They only managed to get the Russian Empire to sign a treaty on the Black Sea, at most it was barely even a Pyrrhic victory. Let's think about this critically: The combined forces of the empires of Britain, France, and the Ottomans weren't even able to permanently capture any piece of Crimea for themselves...is that really a victory??? It's quite embarrassing, their combined forces couldn't accomplish more than that, and you can even claim it was a morale victory for the Russian Empire. Atlanticists have been trying to strip Crimea from the Russians for the past 2 centuries, and have failed every time lol!
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3766
    Points : 3869
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  kvs on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:41 pm

    auslander wrote:
    andalusia wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:It's anti-cult law.

    Update your pastor on MSM nonsense that get aired.

    I assume he just read the article and bought it hook, line and sinker.

    Explain what is the anti-cult law? Why have such a law? Can a person share the Gospel of Christ on the street without a permit like here in America?

    This is primarily against NGO's who constantly try to undermine VVP and the Orthodox Church. Religious toleration here is vast and normal, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, whatever, all get along well and live side by side. The evangelicals seem to have a penchant for trying to undermine The State and after years of warnings and evangelicals actively supporting Ukraine events publicly it was decided enough was enough. If you have an official Church, no problem, let those who may be interested come to your Church. If you want to worship in your home with friends and acquaintances, no one cares and no one will kick in your door. Just don't stand at the gates of the local Orthodox Church or Mosque and try to dragoon worshipers to come to your Church. That is considered to be bad form.

    As an aside, the Baptist Church in this berg is still operating and no one has mentioned shutting it down.


    Thanks for the report. We need this sort of information offset the hate propaganda generated by the NATO mass media.
    avatar
    auslander

    Posts : 1157
    Points : 1229
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  auslander on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:51 am

    kvs wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    andalusia wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:It's anti-cult law.

    Update your pastor on MSM nonsense that get aired.

    I assume he just read the article and bought it hook, line and sinker.

    Explain what is the anti-cult law? Why have such a law? Can a person share the Gospel of Christ on the street without a permit like here in America?

    This is primarily against NGO's who constantly try to undermine VVP and the Orthodox Church. Religious toleration here is vast and normal, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, whatever, all get along well and live side by side. The evangelicals seem to have a penchant for trying to undermine The State and after years of warnings and evangelicals actively supporting Ukraine events publicly it was decided enough was enough. If you have an official Church, no problem, let those who may be interested come to your Church. If you want to worship in your home with friends and acquaintances, no one cares and no one will kick in your door. Just don't stand at the gates of the local Orthodox Church or Mosque and try to dragoon worshipers to come to your Church. That is considered to be bad form.

    As an aside, the Baptist Church in this berg is still operating and no one has mentioned shutting it down.


    Thanks for the report.  We need this sort of information offset the hate propaganda generated by the NATO mass media.  

    You are most welcome. I'm just telling the truth.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11769
    Points : 12244
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  George1 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:04 pm

    Moscow demands Warsaw punish Soviet burial site’s desecrators

    More:
    http://tass.com/politics/898666
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11769
    Points : 12244
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  George1 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:03 pm

    Take a look to what page i found Twisted Evil

    https://onceuponatimeinthewest1.wordpress.com/restoring-the-soviet-union/
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11769
    Points : 12244
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  George1 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:54 pm


    Project Canada

    Posts : 664
    Points : 667
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Location : Canada

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Project Canada on Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:58 am



    RUSSIANS OUTSTRIP ALIENS & TERRORISTS AS MOST WIDESPREAD ENEMY IN VIDEO GAMES



    The Washington Post newspaper conducted a research of “the enemies that players encounter in digital games” and concluded that Russians are the most widespread enemy in modern video games.

    According to the newspaper, researchers decided to “turn to a popular genre, First Person Shooters (FPS), in which a player, armed with a weapon, seeks to destroy an enemy.” As the article noted, “representations of the bad guys in video games could shape players’ perceptions of who is a threat.”

    Reportedly, the researchers compiled a dataset of the 57 best-selling FPS during 2001-2013, each with more than 1.5 million units sold.

    “We coded information such as the identity of the protagonist (the shooter), the context and location of the conflict, and the identity of the enemy in each game. We grouped enemies into several categories: generic humans; aliens; monsters, including zombies; those depicted as terrorists from the Middle East or Latin America; Russians, as the state, ultra-nationalists, or separatists; and World War II enemies and others, including Iraq and North Korea,” the authors of the article, Brandon Valeriano and Philip Habel, wrote.

    “We find that Russians are enemies in 21 percent of games (12 games), one fewer instance than generic humans (13 games) and one more than aliens (11 games). Even if we consider Latin American (6 games) and Middle Eastern terrorists (5 games) as a single combined category, the number of games with Russian enemies is still greater,” they concluded.




    The researchers pointed out that this is an interesting finding that FPS gamers often encounter Russians as the enemy.

    “Long after the end of the Cold War, and despite real-world concerns over global terrorism and other security issues, Cold War-era enemies in video games could be shaping attitudes toward modern-day Russia,” the article reads. “The follow-up question is whether having seen Russians depicted as enemies in games means that Western gamers will be less likely to be tolerant of Russian aggression.”

    The researchers plan to continue their study of FPS games from the points of views of gender and ethnic diversity.

    https://southfront.org/russians-outstrip-aliens-terrorists-as-most-widespread-enemy-in-video-games/

    These NATO video games are just among the many propaganda tools they use to brainwash their own people into hating the Russians for no meaningful reason. Russian game software developers should make their own games where NATO is the enemy Cool


    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2120
    Points : 2213
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  higurashihougi on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:40 am

    Well, f*** the EU. Very Happy Very Happy

    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3766
    Points : 3869
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  kvs on Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:52 pm

    http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/almost-halfway-there/ri18220

    The US establishment has a full bore hate for ethnic Russians.

    Once again some turdlets far away have a hate on for Russia. This must go back to the British hate that predates the USA
    but has been boosted by the cold war and recently. None of these turdlets have any reason to hate Russia due to Russia's
    actions and some historical grievance. These turdlets feel that they own the planet and that Russians are in the way of their
    ambitions. Russia needs to stop with nuclear arms reduction ASAP. Time to go back to serious MAD. These turdlets should
    wet their beds at night with fear instead of planning for the extermination of Russia.

    andalusia

    Posts : 121
    Points : 167
    Join date : 2013-10-01

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  andalusia on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:55 pm

    What do you guys think of Obama's comment about Russia?

    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/16/obama-says-russians-cant-change-us-or-weaken-us.html?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Cheadline%7Cstory&par=yahoo&doc=104172328&yptr=yahoo
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:58 pm

    andalusia wrote:What do you guys think of Obama's comment about Russia?

    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/16/obama-says-russians-cant-change-us-or-weaken-us.html?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Cheadline%7Cstory&par=yahoo&doc=104172328&yptr=yahoo

    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3766
    Points : 3869
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  kvs on Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:05 am

    andalusia wrote:What do you guys think of Obama's comment about Russia?

    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/16/obama-says-russians-cant-change-us-or-weaken-us.html?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Cheadline%7Cstory&par=yahoo&doc=104172328&yptr=yahoo

    NATO, and especially US, hypocrisy is on a whole other plane. To posture and bleat about a fake action while routinely perpetrating
    such actions around the world in the name of self-interest (e.g. manifest destiny, exceptionalism, self-anointed global leadership) takes
    the cake. It really is a form of depravity.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17874
    Points : 18436
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  GarryB on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:50 am

    If Obama knew anything about Russia or Russians the international situation between Russia and the US would be rather different now than it is.

    Obama said Hillary was the best potential candidate for US president so even the US population does not listen to him... why should we?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:03 am