Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Share
    avatar
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15980
    Points : 16681
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  GarryB on Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:25 am

    Garry thank you. Your responses sound well informed and intelligent. You respond with good logic and reasoning. I think we Americans know little about Russia and listen to a lot of propaganda. I think Americans underestimate Russian capabilities.

    The really sad thing is that stupidity is contagious and after discussing such topics with those who believe western propganda I find myself putting down western achievements for the sake of putting them in a better context in comparison with Russia.

    The Americans put men on the moon and that was a fantastic achievement... but the fanbois claiming US superiority in everything demanding that is further proof that the US is superior to Russia leads me to point out that a few minor changes and it could all have turned out very differently for both sides.

    I fall in to their pattern of thinking where it is not enough for my side to be great... everyone else has to be proven to be rubbish too.

    For a while the open thinking of America attracted the best and the brightest the world had to offer... but now it seems it is just money that draws talent there.

    The US has had its own way for many years through fair means and fowl and the system it has created around itself is failing. They might smash it down and rebuild it, but I have no confidence they will rebuild it into anything that could be remotely considered fair... it will be a biased once sided system that benefits the already rich and the already powerful and ultimately themselves. When you only reward your own success then the 99% will find they have no future and therefore no real alternative.

    The huge irony is the proliferation of Zombie movies and TV shows... the unwashed masses with the smaller and smaller group of "civilised humans just fighting to survive".

    In fact I saw the perfect TV show a year or so back where a plague or something wipes out a huge percentage of the population and the rest have to fight it out... based on a US Navy warship of course...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    cracker
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 232
    Points : 273
    Join date : 2014-09-04

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  cracker on Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:49 am

    not sure where to post it, but it's just one clear example of typical western arrogance and pure ignorance (here, precisely american). Just read the thread and appreciate the confusion, sheer ignorance and stupidity and delusion of these fools. Just a drop in the ocean of crap, just one more evidence. 12 years old discussion... Yep, they were as stupid back then as they are now, nothing changes.

    http://www.derelictstudios.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7983
    avatar
    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2161
    Points : 2276
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  higurashihougi on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:37 am

    Will there be Captain Soviet or Red Star lol1 lol1

    https://www.facebook.com/Russ.army/photos/a.177627672259371.34749.175953525760119/1176364452385683/?type=3

    Pentagon Claims Russia Creating Bionic Superhuman Soldiers With Brain Implants
    Turns out that the Pentagon appears to be speaking about programs they have sanctioned under DARPA in addition to similar efforts by the British military which have pretty close to nothing to do with Russia.
    Top American military officials claim that Moscow is working to create “enhanced human operations” technology they say "scares the crap" out of them with the specter of stronger, faster, and more deadly super soldiers on the horizon according to the latest musings from the Pentagon.
    In the bid to develop a superior fighting force, most countries are looking to weapons based around robotics, lasers and exoskeletons to create a real-life Iron Man, but the US military officials, perhaps in a bout of propaganda, suggest that Russia is focused on also augmenting human biology – think more X-Men than Iron Man – in order to create the most deadly fighting force in the world.
    "Our adversaries, quite frankly, are pursuing enhanced human operations and it scares the crap out of us," said US Deputy Secretary of Defense Bob Work.
    While some of this purported human biological enhancements come by means of drugs and steroids according to US defense officials in order to make soldiers tougher on the battlefield and able to traverse longer distances at faster speeds, the Pentagon has a strange fascination with the outlandish claim that Russia is using brain implants embedded into soldiers’ heads to make them follow orders.
    They also fathom that microscopic technology could be implanted into soldiers for more benign purposes such as enhancing the body’s wound healing capabilities without the need of a medic or bionics to allow men to control machine or extensive prosthetics with their minds.
    If this sounds crazy and like it would dehumanize the Russian soldiers in the minds of an unsuspecting American public then perhaps the Pentagon has accomplished its feat. The US, whose secret science DARPA division is already exploring this precise technology claims that they "are uncomfortable" using such technology in the words of Undersecretary Bob Work.
    Similarly, the British Ministry of Defense is exploring the feasibility of such super soldier technology in the next 30 years according to confidential papers made public in 2013 including augmented bodies and signaling to an electronic chip in soldiers’ brains to ensure that they follow orders.
    In fact, it seems like there is a wealth of evidence that the United States and Britain are both engaged in exactly the same unethical and deeply disquieting programs that they allege that Russia is exploring despite providing absolutely no evidence of these claims.

    andalusia
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 93
    Points : 139
    Join date : 2013-10-01

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  andalusia on Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:03 am

    GarryB wrote:
    Garry thank you. Your responses sound well informed and intelligent.  You respond with good logic and reasoning.  I think we Americans know little about Russia and listen to a lot of propaganda.  I think Americans underestimate Russian capabilities.

    The really sad thing is that stupidity is contagious and after discussing such topics with those who believe western propganda I find myself putting down western achievements for the sake of putting them in a better context in comparison with Russia.

    The Americans put men on the moon and that was a fantastic achievement... but the fanbois claiming US superiority in everything demanding that is further proof that the US is superior to Russia leads me to point out that a few minor changes and it could all have turned out very differently for both sides.

    I fall in to their pattern of thinking where it is not enough for my side to be great... everyone else has to be proven to be rubbish too.

    For a while the open thinking of America attracted the best and the brightest the world had to offer... but now it seems it is just money that draws talent there.

    The US has had its own way for many years through fair means and fowl and the system it has created around itself is failing. They might smash it down and rebuild it, but I have no confidence they will rebuild it into anything that could be remotely considered fair... it will be a biased once sided system that benefits the already rich and the already powerful and ultimately themselves. When you only reward your own success then the 99% will find they have no future and therefore no real alternative.

    The huge irony is the proliferation of Zombie movies and TV shows... the unwashed masses with the smaller and smaller group of "civilised humans just fighting to survive".

    In fact I saw the perfect TV show a year or so back where a plague or something wipes out a huge percentage of the population and the rest have to fight it out... based on a US Navy warship of course...

    What do you guys think of this: http://nationalinterest.org/feature/5-us-weapons-war-russia-should-fear-12026

    Does Russia have Hypersonic missiles? http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/new-report-details-why-russia-fears-americas-future-17328
    avatar
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15980
    Points : 16681
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  GarryB on Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:30 pm

    Does Russia have Hypersonic missiles?

    ICBMs and SLBMs and even some of their SAMs are hypersonic.

    The S-300PMU1 can engage targets flying at 2.8km/s and S-400 expands that beyond 4.8km/s... S-500 can engage targets moving at 7km/s... exactly what does Russia have to be afraid of?

    What do you guys think of this

    Ohio, B-2, F-22, BMD, US allies...

    Yeah... funny there is no mention of the most expensive military programme on the planet... F-35?

    Ohio will only be a problem in WWIII so it is no more a problem for Russia as the Boreis and Deltas are for the US.

    The B-2 for all its cost and expense is no more effective than the Tu-160 with its 5,000km range stand off cruise missiles.

    The F-22... there are less than 190 of them they will likely remain in the US... they took them away from Syria pretty quickly... suggests they have no confidence in them with S-400s there.

    BMD is actually more dangerous to the US than to Russia... it will lead to the tearing up of New Start and likely the INF treaty as well and Russia will just make lots of IRBMs which will make any ABM systems ineffective.

    And regarding US allies... they way the US uses and abuses them they really only hang on for the handouts and breadcrumbs... how many will put their hand up for a real war with Russia?

    The new allies like Poland and the Ukraine probably will but how much help will they be?

    Old allies wont be that stupid.

    It would actually be hard to put together a list that the US should fear... SU-35s with Photonic radars fitted in the next decade, Zircon hypersonic anti ship missiles, PAK FA, Armata, Kornet, New generation ICBMs on road, in silos, on rails, and new SLBMs under the water... and the fact that the US has pretty much screwed most countries of the world and they are likely now looking for a country that means what it says and wont drop you in a heartbeat if it suits your interests to do so...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9969
    Points : 10461
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  George1 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:55 pm

    German Tabloid Bild Excludes Russia From Olympic Results Rally lol!



    http://sputniknews.com/sport/20160822/1044519087/russia-olympic-results.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2740
    Points : 2871
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  kvs on Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:18 pm

    George1 wrote:German Tabloid Bild Excludes Russia From Olympic Results Rally lol!



    http://sputniknews.com/sport/20160822/1044519087/russia-olympic-results.html

    Bild is also the biggest fan of Daesh. In other words a freak show that is considered a mainstream
    media source in Germany. Jihadi Julian and this joke omission are not something Germany should
    feel proud of.
    avatar
    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5394
    Points : 5643
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Werewolf on Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:28 am

    It isn't considered a mainstream media it is the most consumed propaganda of US here in germany.

    Anti-German to the core.

    andalusia
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 93
    Points : 139
    Join date : 2013-10-01

    Religion in Russia

    Post  andalusia on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:46 pm

    I heard my pastor a couple of weeks ago said Putin banned Christians from sharing their faith in Russia.  Why would Putin do this?

    http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2016/june/no-evangelizing-outside-of-church-russia-proposes.html

    Svyatoslavich
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 306
    Points : 317
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Buenos Aires

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Svyatoslavich on Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:20 am

    Most likely it is an anti-sect law. Russia is suspicious of non-Orthodox denominations, but mainly Evangelical ones. Restrictions against these denominations started much before Putin, during Yeltsin's government.
    avatar
    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7301
    Points : 7611
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  sepheronx on Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:49 am

    Russia is an eastern orthodoxy nation where even Putin visits Church regularly. The issue is various sects like JW's which are frowned upon. It is illegal to also take pictures inside a church or mosque or any religious site. It is also illegal to actually cause any forms of sacrilege towards the Church in Russia. Many other sects like Catholicism is against Orthodoxy and likes to bad mouth him. Predominantly through Poland.
    avatar
    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2740
    Points : 2871
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  kvs on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:10 am

    They are suspicious of US Trojan horse evangelical outfits. There is no ban on Roman Catholics.

    Svyatoslavich
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 306
    Points : 317
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Buenos Aires

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Svyatoslavich on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:56 am

    sepheronx wrote:Many other sects like Catholicism is against Orthodoxy and likes to bad mouth him.  Predominantly through Poland.
    Don't take some Polish freaks for the entire Catholic people. The great majority is sympathetic towards Orthodoxy. And not all Poles are russophobes, for example John Paul II wasn't (though for obvious reason he was strongly anti-Communist, but that is another thing completely different).


    Last edited by Svyatoslavich on Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3989
    Points : 4101
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:57 am

    It's anti-cult law.

    Update your pastor on MSM nonsense that get aired.

    I assume he just read the article and bought it hook, line and sinker.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4524
    Points : 4715
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:09 am

    Svyatoslavich wrote:Most likely it is an anti-sect law. Russia is suspicious of non-Orthodox denominations, but mainly Evangelical ones. Restrictions against these denominations started much before Putin, during Yeltsin's government.

    Well here in America, the Evangelical mega churches are nothing more than tax-free money making scams at the top, while Evangelicals near the bottom of the totem are constantly intertwined in gay prostitution rings, underage call boy rings, child pornography rings...there's scandals such as this that are routinely uncovered just about every 6 months for the past 15 years. A decade ago those scandals would make national news, but now they're buried on the 5th or 6th page of the local newspaper.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4524
    Points : 4715
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:16 am

    Svyatoslavich wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Many other sects like Catholicism is against Orthodoxy and likes to bad mouth him.  Predominantly through Poland.
    Don't take some Polish freaks for the entire Catholic people. The great majority is sympathetic towards Orthodoxy. And not all Poles are russophobes, for example John Paul II wasn't (though for obvious reason he was strongly anti-Communist, but that is another thing completely different).

    Sorry, but the Vatican has to answer for it's widespread pedophilia. Your boy John Paul II was exposed for protecting widespread child molestation networks...While the Vatican is molesting children, Orthodox/Coptic practitioners are fighting off the Wahabbist/Salafist extremist hordes that threaten to invade Europe.
    avatar
    Khepesh
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1665
    Points : 1734
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Khepesh on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:57 am

    So, a Russophobic American religious site uses as their "evidence" a Russophobic anti Russian propaganda site, Forum18, who as "evidence" quote their own articles. Probably not polite to notice people eating each others shit.....

    andalusia
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 93
    Points : 139
    Join date : 2013-10-01

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  andalusia on Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:48 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:It's anti-cult law.

    Update your pastor on MSM nonsense that get aired.

    I assume he just read the article and bought it hook, line and sinker.

    Explain what is the anti-cult law? Why have such a law? Can a person share the Gospel of Christ on the street without a permit like here in America?

    Svyatoslavich
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 306
    Points : 317
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Buenos Aires

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Svyatoslavich on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:15 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote: Sorry, but the Vatican has to answer for it's widespread pedophilia. Your boy John Paul II was exposed for protecting widespread child molestation networks...While the Vatican is molesting children, Orthodox/Coptic practitioners are fighting off the Wahabbist/Salafist extremist hordes that threaten to invade Europe.
    Agreed with your first sentence. Partially agree with the second. There is a terrible problem of paedophilia, but the causes are not what the mass media say: it was caused exactly by the opening of the Church and allowance of homosexual people into seminaries since Vatican II. The Orthodox, as they didn't have their "springtime of the Church", also avoided this problem. Good for them, we should have done exactly the same.
    avatar
    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3989
    Points : 4101
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:09 am

    andalusia wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:It's anti-cult law.

    Update your pastor on MSM nonsense that get aired.

    I assume he just read the article and bought it hook, line and sinker.

    Explain what is the anti-cult law? Why have such a law? Can a person share the Gospel of Christ on the street without a permit like here in America?

    Gospel of Christ is already shared far and wide across Russia. It's been shared for nearly millennia now. And has taken root firmly.

    Why waste time converting people who are already converted? Plenty of places on this planet where it's still not done so why not go there?


    Also rest of you guys: can we leave intra-christian holy war for some other time?
    avatar
    zorobabel
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 195
    Points : 195
    Join date : 2015-09-21

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  zorobabel on Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:53 am

    I think one of the primary reasons given was also that it was meant to stop radical strains of Islam from spreading.
    avatar
    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7301
    Points : 7611
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:03 am

    There has been plenty of problems of JW's, Scientologists, Islamists, etc all preaching and trying to convert people. The simple fact that they banned that is great. Let people decide. Russia is predominantly Orthodoxy, so leave that be.
    avatar
    auslander
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 927
    Points : 985
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  auslander on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:53 pm

    andalusia wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:It's anti-cult law.

    Update your pastor on MSM nonsense that get aired.

    I assume he just read the article and bought it hook, line and sinker.

    Explain what is the anti-cult law? Why have such a law? Can a person share the Gospel of Christ on the street without a permit like here in America?

    This is primarily against NGO's who constantly try to undermine VVP and the Orthodox Church. Religious toleration here is vast and normal, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, whatever, all get along well and live side by side. The evangelicals seem to have a penchant for trying to undermine The State and after years of warnings and evangelicals actively supporting Ukraine events publicly it was decided enough was enough. If you have an official Church, no problem, let those who may be interested come to your Church. If you want to worship in your home with friends and acquaintances, no one cares and no one will kick in your door. Just don't stand at the gates of the local Orthodox Church or Mosque and try to dragoon worshipers to come to your Church. That is considered to be bad form.

    As an aside, the Baptist Church in this berg is still operating and no one has mentioned shutting it down.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4524
    Points : 4715
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:09 pm

    Remember the Russian military has never defeated any major military with will power or skill, only by the hands of winter. This is especially true with The Crimean War, where the Russian Empire fought off the combined forces of the British, French, and Ottoman empires, which took place in the sub-tropical climate of Crimea, which also occurred during several autumn, spring, and summer months... Rolling Eyes


    Svyatoslavich
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 306
    Points : 317
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Buenos Aires

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Svyatoslavich on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:28 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:Remember the Russian military has never defeated any major military with will power or skill, only by the hands of winter. This is especially true with The Crimean War, where the Russian Empire fought off the combined forces of the British, French, and Ottoman empires, which took place in the sub-tropical climate of Crimea, which also occurred during several autumn, spring, and summer months... Rolling Eyes
    Yes, but Russia ultimately lost the Crimean war. They put an impressive resistance, but lost.
    Anyway, I full agree that this myth is utterly stupid. Just to bring one example, Russia defeated Napoleon in the height of his power in 1812-1813. His Grande Armée was the biggest fighting force ever seen until then (only one century later, in WWI, there would exist bigger armies). And Russia not only kicked them out of its territory, but didn't stop until reaching Paris.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:42 am