Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Share
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 2970
    Points : 3095
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  kvs on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:57 pm

    This is unrelated to military issues, but it highlights how western propaganda brainwashes the gullible masses.

    The stories about Yuschenko being "poisoned" with dioxin and the Nord Ost theater siege are worked into Hollywood
    movies and TV.   For example, the movie Transcendence the poison cake is supposedly laced with dioxin.   This is
    pure nonsense since dioxin does not act like a regular poison and kills you on the spot.   It makes you sick and then
    you can die later due to complications.   Yuschenko's face was disfigured by chloracne that result from dioxin ingestion
    but he is very much alive today.   That Hollywood felt the need to pimp dioxin as a "poison" shows political motivation
    and not just script writer creativity.

    Then they also include Polonium in the bullet that kills a key character. This is obvious brainwashing. How about
    including some dimethyl mercury in the bullet. A tiny amount of it will kill you in a slow manner. BTW, the UK did
    not open up its reactors for verification on the source of the Polonium that killed Litvinenko. Litvinenko's patron
    Berezvosky also died after he had a falling out with the western elites and wrote letters to Putin trying to arrange
    for a return to Russia. How convenient.

    The TV show NCIS had one episode where the Dubrovka theater hostage rescue was smeared as "Russians using poison
    gas".   It was actually an anesthetic gas and the reason that many hostages died was because it is difficult to control
    the dose and resuscitation has to be prompt.   People died from asphyxia because their breathing was put to sleep
    and the paramedics were delayed from reaching the scene.   It is tragic but all the western masturbation about how
    25% of the hostages died was grotesque and obscene.    Hostage rescues are very messy and such a death rate is
    actually considered a "success".  

    I noticed this brainwashing via the entertainment industry a long time ago.   Political themes and events were regularly
    worked into movies and TV during the cold war.   It is pathetic that westerners can have their views on world events
    be framed via fiction.
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7255
    Points : 7555
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  sepheronx on Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:51 pm

    kvs wrote:This is unrelated to military issues, but it highlights how western propaganda brainwashes the gullible masses.

    The stories about Yuschenko being "poisoned" with dioxin and the Nord Ost theater siege are worked into Hollywood
    movies and TV.   For example, the movie Transcendence the poison cake is supposedly laced with dioxin.   This is
    pure nonsense since dioxin does not act like a regular poison and kills you on the spot.   It makes you sick and then
    you can die later due to complications.   Yuschenko's face was disfigured by chloracne that result from dioxin ingestion
    but he is very much alive today.   That Hollywood felt the need to pimp dioxin as a "poison" shows political motivation
    and not just script writer creativity.

    Then they also include Polonium in the bullet that kills a key character.   This is obvious brainwashing.  How about
    including some dimethyl mercury in the bullet.   A tiny amount of it will kill you in a slow manner.   BTW, the UK did
    not open up its reactors for verification on the source of the Polonium that killed Litvinenko.   Litvinenko's patron
    Berezvosky also died after he had a falling out with the western elites and wrote letters to Putin trying to arrange
    for a return to Russia.   How convenient.  

    The TV show NCIS had one episode where the Dubrovka theater hostage rescue was smeared as "Russians using poison
    gas".   It was actually an anesthetic gas and the reason that many hostages died was because it is difficult to control
    the dose and resuscitation has to be prompt.   People died from asphyxia because their breathing was put to sleep
    and the paramedics were delayed from reaching the scene.   It is tragic but all the western masturbation about how
    25% of the hostages died was grotesque and obscene.    Hostage rescues are very messy and such a death rate is
    actually considered a "success".  

    I noticed this brainwashing via the entertainment industry a long time ago.   Political themes and events were regularly
    worked into movies and TV during the cold war.   It is pathetic that westerners can have their views on world events
    be framed via fiction.

    The people who actually believe this stuff should try it at home to see if it works or such. Would love to hear about that on the news.

    People are becoming inherently retarded, at least from the US and even Canada. But whatever, they will have to live with whatever consequences (well, we are already seeing the consequences of our stupidity - hear about the guy from Winnipeg that was arrested for saying he cant blame ISIS for wanting to kill us, because what we have done in the middle east?). Our entire country is turning into one giant shithole and Harper is clearly helping with having NOS added to the vehicle that is our country.

    Vann7

    Posts : 3434
    Points : 3550
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Just another day in Russia..

    Post  Vann7 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:21 am

    You have heard of US and Europe sanctions on Russia and Russia "economic Crisis " a lot and how people are "suffering" because of "Evil Putin invasion"and western sanctions..  there are several channels that shows daily life in Russia.. and haven't seen what western media
    claims yet.. of a crisis going and Russia economy in shatters are Obama claims.
    or endless lines for bread..

    We are lucky that there are several blogers posting in youtube every day their life in
    Russia, so you can see here some videos of how western sanctions are affecting
    life in Russia. Poor Russians they all want to be Free in Europe or escape to America.  Smile

    Danilovsky Market, Moscow ,Jun 18, 2015



    Gorky Park-Moscow ,Jul 6, 2015  


    Ulyanovsk normal day June 2015


    this is a bit older from Jul 2014
    American basketball player in Russia how he see things Smile





    Karl Haushofer

    Posts : 665
    Points : 664
    Join date : 2015-05-03

    You have heard of US and Europe sanctions on Russia

    Post  Karl Haushofer on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:23 am

    I liked the attitude of that American basketball player. He clearly respected the Russian culture and did not have the same "cocky" attitude towards Russia that some Finnish hockey players do who come to play hockey in the Russian KHL league.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10063
    Points : 10553
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  George1 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:52 am

    Poland plans to demolish statue of Soviet general Chernyakhovsky


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5363
    Points : 5602
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:58 am

    George1 wrote:Poland plans to demolish statue of Soviet general Chernyakhovsky

    Good now take your preset path by the West and place a Bandera statue, show your ancestors your good will and your respect...
    avatar
    KomissarBojanchev

    Posts : 1142
    Points : 1299
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 19
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:16 pm

    AM I the only one that wonders how according to official international statistics average Russian IQ is a good 2 points lower than american and not even top 20 in the world, even when most average russians clearly are more enlightened
    and educated than the average american, njot to mention Russia being one of the world leaders in skilled human resources and technology?

    Are international testing accosiations like PESA being controled by the western empire?
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10063
    Points : 10553
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  George1 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:51 pm

    Polish Media Explains Country's Rating as Most Russophobic Nation on Earth

    Commenting on the results of global polling by the Pew Research Center, which found Poland to be the most Russophobic nation in the world, Polish news site Wirtualna Polska attempted to offer an explanation.

    In an article for online newspaper Wirtualna Polska entitled 'Why Do Poles Hate Russians More Than Anybody?', columnist Amanda Siwek recalled Pew's findings, which showed that 80 percent of Poles have an antagonistic view of Russia, compared with just 15 percent "who continue to treat our eastern neighbor with sympathy."

    For her part, the Siwek attributed growing Russophobia among Poles to the heightening of geopolitical tensions between the two countries. The journalist cited the findings of the Polish Center for Public Opinion Research (CBOS), which noted that back in 1993, 'only' 56 percent of Poles had a negative view of Russia.

    Siwek added that these figures have remained relatively consistent over the decades, before worsening dramatically in the past year or so. Siwek suggested that Russia's 'aggression' in the Ukraine crisis, together with Poles' "fears of being attacked by Russia" were the root causes of the uptick in Poles' animosity toward Russia.

    Digging into the historical roots of Polish animosity toward Russia, Siwek cited Professor Henryk Domański of the Polish Academy of Sciences, who explained that Polish hostility toward Russia is partly the result of "the history [between the two countries] –of all those defeats and misfortunes which Russia had caused us over the course of many centuries. Under Russian rule, we struggled with economic backwardness for many years. Poles remember this perfectly well, and have carried this attitude of Russia being at fault over the course of many years."

    Moreover, Domański explained that "Poles continue to believe that our neighbor is on another, lower cultural level."

    Noting that Poles' antagonism toward Putin is even higher than it is toward Russia, with the Russian president sitting at an 87 percent 'no confidence' rating, Siwek went on to cite University of Warsaw Institute of International Relations Professor Maciej Raś, who noted that "Poland is now indeed gripped by anti-Putin sentiment."

    Raś suggested that Poles "negative attitudes to Putin are carried over to a negative attitude toward the [Russian] state and, to a lesser extent, toward the Russian population. This approach stems from the fact that Russian society largely supports Putin's actions, particularly in the context of his rivalry with the West. If Russians had treated him critically or at least neutrally, the sentiment of the Poles [toward Russians] would have been different."

    Raś noted that Poles dislike Putin for several reasons. "First and foremost, it is because he has turned Russia on a course that is very different from the Western model of development, both internally and in international politics. We are talking here about the ubiquitous corruption of Russia's economic model. Moreover, Putin has made it clear that Russia will implement its own interests, even if it is in spite of the West, including Poland."

    Ultimately, Raś told Wirtualna Polska that "in the past as well, Poles have had a negative opinion toward the leaders of Russia and the USSR. This was so under the tsars, under the Soviet general secretaries, and has remained so under Putin."

    In the final analysis, in contrast to the 1990s and 2000s, when Polish politicians and society seemed to be somewhat ashamed of being labeled Europe's last Russophobes, today the country's media and political environment seemed determined not only to show pride in that status, but even to export it abroad, within the European Union and even to Russia itself.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150813/1025723976/poland-russia-russophobia-relations.html#ixzz3ij5JbxTB


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2153
    Points : 2258
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  higurashihougi on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:02 am

    Poles continue to believe that our neighbor is on another, lower cultural level

    Ignorant a**hole.

    By which standard they can say the center of Eastern European technology and industry and the direct successor of Kyivian Rus as being lower cultural level ?

    If Russians had treated him critically or at least neutrally, the sentiment of the Poles [toward Russians] would have been different.

    Craps.

    Putin is the among the ones who revitalize Russian economy, military power and international position. How the hell Russian can treat him different ?

    First and foremost, it is because he has turned Russia on a course that is very different from the Western model of development, both internally and in international politics. We are talking here about the ubiquitous corruption of Russia's economic model.

    What is Western model and corruption of what ?

    Seems like corrupted Russian model still supplies titanium parts, metal sheets, space rocket engine, oil drilling technologies and other high-tech products to the civilized West.

    Moreover, Putin has made it clear that Russia will implement its own interests, even if it is in spite of the West, including Poland.

    These ignorant sons of a ***** never take a serious look at the Middle East, Granada, Panama, Nicaragua, Cuba, Vietnam...

    In the final analysis, in contrast to the 1990s and 2000s, when Polish politicians and society seemed to be somewhat ashamed of being labeled Europe's last Russophobes, today the country's media and political environment seemed determined not only to show pride in that status, but even to export it abroad, within the European Union and even to Russia itself.

    Ignorant pieces of trash show pride in expressing their ignorance.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16172
    Points : 16803
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  GarryB on Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:58 pm

    The amusing thing is that I know a few Brits and they have a very low opinion of Polish people.

    Treat em mean to keep em keen...

    Poles hate Russians and love westerners, westerners don't like Poles much and hate Russians. With the recent polls showing Russians seeing through the western BS perhaps will come to hate westerners too and everyone can hate together.


    Sad thing is that Russia could have been a strong western ally... problem is that the west will not tolerate a strong ally... only strong enemies and subservient allies.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    KomissarBojanchev

    Posts : 1142
    Points : 1299
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 19
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:56 pm

    I find it kind of hard to believe poles, which are generally culturally and even historically(WW2 liberation) closer to russia are more russophobic than the colmpletely antagonistic and culturally alien balts and nordics.
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5363
    Points : 5602
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Werewolf on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:19 pm

    I have a polish college at work he rants constantly and insults his fellow poles as drunk uneducated waste of lifes while cheering for everything "western". The anti-slavism in Poland is existing since over a century and poles are affected by that to great degree that can be seen often enough and not just some minority Liberalistic orientated fools but across political spectrum that not just are at a degree to deny that they are slavic people but right out hate being slavic.

    What boggles me is that germany is counted as "Western" while from historical culture, political history and cooperation and traditions were germany had its best and most prosperous times it was leaning towards itself with good economical and trade relationships to russia. Germany is central europe and i do not affiliate it with the West, except of the current state where the country was purposely Americanized to create the perception that they are our friends and allies, while fact is they are occupying us.
    avatar
    Walther von Oldenburg

    Posts : 903
    Points : 958
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 26
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:57 pm

    Germany is western... It's value system is derived as in rest of Europe, from Christianity and Enlightenment philosophy and it's history followed a similar pattern of development as in France or England - first tribal states, then feudalism followed by emergence of administrative monarchies, then unification with transition to constitutional monarchy and later to democracy.

    The best period in German history is the Imperial Era from 1871 to 1914. Only the period of Bismarck was marked with good relations with Russia.
    avatar
    ExBeobachter1987

    Posts : 445
    Points : 445
    Join date : 2014-11-26
    Age : 29
    Location : Western Eurasia

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  ExBeobachter1987 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:59 pm

    KomissarBojanchev wrote:I find it kind of hard to believe poles, which are generally culturally and even historically(WW2 liberation) closer to russia are more russophobic than the colmpletely antagonistic and culturally alien balts and nordics.

    Poland is an old rival of Russia. The others are Sweden and Turkey.

    Rodinazombie

    Posts : 581
    Points : 615
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Rodinazombie on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:04 pm

    GarryB wrote:The amusing thing is that I know a few Brits and they have a very low opinion of Polish people.

    Treat em mean to keep em keen...

    Poles hate Russians and love westerners, westerners don't like Poles much and hate Russians. With the recent polls showing Russians seeing through the western BS perhaps will come to hate westerners too and everyone can hate together.


    Sad thing is that Russia could have been a strong western ally... problem is that the west will not tolerate a strong ally... only strong enemies and subservient allies.

    Im english, so I can give a general opinion of how we feel about poles.

    Good workers, cant fault them for that, out of all the different groups that come here they are the most hard working, but they are miserable buggers that look down their noses at the locals and we would prefer most of them to go back to poland. They dont intigrate with us or add anything culturally.

    Different feelings towards czechs, slovaks, hungarians though, they are welcomed. They dont seem to have the 'big country' arrogance that many poles seem to have.
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3203
    Points : 3317
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  flamming_python on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:13 pm

    I think that's BS, there's nowhere near the amount of anti-Russian hysteria in Poland that the author attempts to portray, and as for the Ukrainian crisis being a catalyst for mass-Russophobia - that sounds funny as in fact the Poles have their own beefs with the Ukrainians.
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5363
    Points : 5602
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Werewolf on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:14 pm

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Germany is western... It's value system is derived as in rest of Europe, from Christianity and Enlightenment philosophy and it's history followed a similar pattern of development as in France or England - first tribal states, then feudalism followed by emergence of administrative monarchies, then unification with transition to constitutional monarchy and later to democracy.

    The best period in German history is the Imperial Era from 1871 to 1914. Only the period of Bismarck was marked with good relations with Russia.

    No country arrived ever in a democracy or with other words Dictatorship of the majority. Such history is not exclusive to the west with its change and revolutions from own political system to another, China had a similiar history of being devided butchering themselfs together untill someone conquered the many from one kingdom to anoter just like germans have fought each other for very long period of time. We are not geographically the west nor are we by culture a western country we are a central country and that stupid terminology of the "WEST" which is not applied by so called "Westerners" to spain and portugal but count themselfs as exclusive of being something different with the entire Latin american countries of central and south american continent are not counted as the West despite being the West, even Australia is counted as the west despite being geographically the 2nd furthest eastern country and continent and "southest". Looking at our traditions and what this so called "Western" has become after americanization shows me that we are different and that by our history, traditions, culture and mentality we value families, emphasize and practise our cultural traditions, have our own distingtive arts, music and architecture that have placed us distingtive enough from french or degenerated brothers saxons which took entirely different path. Today all of our culture is attacked, destroyed and replaced by american invented subcultures and ours are just propagated as being archaic, primitive or just barbaric since the germans have been infested by the americans with self hatred and guilt on a very short past of ancestors that carry the blame of the poltical involved not the entire population, but the same americans and jews that feed us and each generation with guilt for WW2 are the same people that feed us with hatred towards russians to not have any passion, empathy towards the losses nazi germany has created to Soviet Union and all their citizens.

    If there is such an aggressive pressure and artificial change of the mindset of the historical, cultural, tradtional and distingtive attributes of nations to something different than this shows one sign, that we are NOT ,what they make of us, but the opposite or something they do not want us to be.

    Same with Japanese and Koreans, they are not the west still they are radicallized into american "culture" and put against their own relative close cultures and countries which they actually should assure good relationships with for self revolving interests,but they do the exact opposite, just like the vassal germany does. That is factual proof that we are not westerners but central europeans with own interests that are harmed, ignored and directly undermined for benefits of xeno-dictatorship called US.
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3203
    Points : 3317
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  flamming_python on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:20 pm

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Germany is western... It's value system is derived as in rest of Europe, from Christianity and Enlightenment philosophy and it's history followed a similar pattern of development as in France or England - first tribal states, then feudalism followed by emergence of administrative monarchies, then unification with transition to constitutional monarchy and later to democracy.

    The best period in German history is the Imperial Era from 1871 to 1914. Only the period of Bismarck was marked with good relations with Russia.

    Not that I'm disagreeing about Germany being Western - but what about East Germany? They transitioned to Socialism and relied upon Prussian military tradition to act as the military vanguard of the Socialist bloc, with one of the most highly-trained armies in the Warsaw Pact and with their own extensive intelligence activities both domestically and abroad. It's not like it was a case of them being coerced into it either, the government had plenty of support amongst its own people.

    And you missed out Nazism BTW pwnd Razz

    In all seriousness; Nazism gave Germany a few things too - for instance a very thorough counter-intelligence and tab-keeping apparatus that the Stasi (and later, NSA) built upon.
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3203
    Points : 3317
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  flamming_python on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:26 pm

    Rodinazombie wrote:
    GarryB wrote:The amusing thing is that I know a few Brits and they have a very low opinion of Polish people.

    Treat em mean to keep em keen...

    Poles hate Russians and love westerners, westerners don't like Poles much and hate Russians. With the recent polls showing Russians seeing through the western BS perhaps will come to hate westerners too and everyone can hate together.


    Sad thing is that Russia could have been a strong western ally... problem is that the west will not tolerate a strong ally... only strong enemies and subservient allies.

    Im english, so I can give a general opinion of how we feel about poles.

    Good workers, cant fault them for that, out of all the different groups that come here they are the most hard working, but they are miserable buggers that look down their noses at the locals and we would prefer most of them to go back to poland. They dont intigrate with us or add anything culturally.

    Different feelings towards czechs, slovaks, hungarians though, they are welcomed. They dont seem to have the 'big country' arrogance that many poles seem to have.

    What about Russians?

    I remember in the 90s it was all Russian mafia, then in the 00s it was all Abramovich, big yachts, Noveu-Rich Russians with homes in London, etc... but I left England 5 years ago so I don't know what the perception is nowadays pirat
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5363
    Points : 5602
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Werewolf on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:28 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:
    GarryB wrote:The amusing thing is that I know a few Brits and they have a very low opinion of Polish people.

    Treat em mean to keep em keen...

    Poles hate Russians and love westerners, westerners don't like Poles much and hate Russians. With the recent polls showing Russians seeing through the western BS perhaps will come to hate westerners too and everyone can hate together.


    Sad thing is that Russia could have been a strong western ally... problem is that the west will not tolerate a strong ally... only strong enemies and subservient allies.

    Im english, so I can give a general opinion of how we feel about poles.

    Good workers, cant fault them for that, out of all the different groups that come here they are the most hard working, but they are miserable buggers that look down their noses at the locals and we would prefer most of them to go back to poland. They dont intigrate with us or add anything culturally.

    Different feelings towards czechs, slovaks, hungarians though, they are welcomed. They dont seem to have the 'big country' arrogance that many poles seem to have.

    What about Russians?

    I remember in the 90s it was all Russian mafia, then in the 00s it was all Abramovich, big yachts, Noveu-Rich Russians with homes in London, etc... but I left England 5 years ago so I don't know what the perception is nowadays pirat

    They are coming... any minute!

    Rodinazombie

    Posts : 581
    Points : 615
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Rodinazombie on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:47 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:
    GarryB wrote:The amusing thing is that I know a few Brits and they have a very low opinion of Polish people.

    Treat em mean to keep em keen...

    Poles hate Russians and love westerners, westerners don't like Poles much and hate Russians. With the recent polls showing Russians seeing through the western BS perhaps will come to hate westerners too and everyone can hate together.


    Sad thing is that Russia could have been a strong western ally... problem is that the west will not tolerate a strong ally... only strong enemies and subservient allies.

    Im english, so I can give a general opinion of how we feel about poles.

    Good workers, cant fault them for that, out of all the different groups that come here they are the most hard working, but they are miserable buggers that look down their noses at the locals and we would prefer most of them to go back to poland. They dont intigrate with us or add anything culturally.

    Different feelings towards czechs, slovaks, hungarians though, they are welcomed. They dont seem to have the 'big country' arrogance that many poles seem to have.

    What about Russians?

    I remember in the 90s it was all Russian mafia, then in the 00s it was all Abramovich, big yachts, Noveu-Rich Russians with homes in London, etc... but I left England 5 years ago so I don't know what the perception is nowadays pirat

    Well, at the minute its pretty much as you would expect considering our media, nowadays russia is seen as nazi germany/ussr mark 2 and its people a bunch of vodka swilling imperialists who are chomping at the bit to invade europe.

    Not everyone thinks like that, but it probably sums up the thoughts of the ignorant masses.


    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3203
    Points : 3317
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  flamming_python on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:55 pm

    Rodinazombie wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:
    GarryB wrote:The amusing thing is that I know a few Brits and they have a very low opinion of Polish people.

    Treat em mean to keep em keen...

    Poles hate Russians and love westerners, westerners don't like Poles much and hate Russians. With the recent polls showing Russians seeing through the western BS perhaps will come to hate westerners too and everyone can hate together.


    Sad thing is that Russia could have been a strong western ally... problem is that the west will not tolerate a strong ally... only strong enemies and subservient allies.

    Im english, so I can give a general opinion of how we feel about poles.

    Good workers, cant fault them for that, out of all the different groups that come here they are the most hard working, but they are miserable buggers that look down their noses at the locals and we would prefer most of them to go back to poland. They dont intigrate with us or add anything culturally.

    Different feelings towards czechs, slovaks, hungarians though, they are welcomed. They dont seem to have the 'big country' arrogance that many poles seem to have.

    What about Russians?

    I remember in the 90s it was all Russian mafia, then in the 00s it was all Abramovich, big yachts, Noveu-Rich Russians with homes in London, etc... but I left England 5 years ago so I don't know what the perception is nowadays pirat

    Well, at the minute its  pretty much as you would expect considering our media, nowadays russia is seen as nazi germany/ussr mark 2 and its people a bunch of vodka swilling imperialists who are chomping at the bit to invade europe.  

    Not everyone thinks like that, but it probably sums up the thoughts of the ignorant masses.



    Typical isn't it, things have come full-circle.

    In the 80s the Russkies were communist imperialists and then after some flirtations with mafia and oligarchs they're now back to being imperialists again, albeit in a new flavour.

    No matter what Russia does it's always going to be seen as something negative; the British media is quite literarly the most Russophobic in the world; I've never heard it make even one positive anything in regards to Russia.
    Funilly enough the British media is far more balanced on China; while it's called out for the fact that it's a dictatorship with no freedom of the press (and much worse in all of this than Russia, albeit this is never acknowledged), its economic achievements are often praised, its culture is promoted, etc...

    Rodinazombie

    Posts : 581
    Points : 615
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Rodinazombie on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:25 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:
    GarryB wrote:The amusing thing is that I know a few Brits and they have a very low opinion of Polish people.

    Treat em mean to keep em keen...

    Poles hate Russians and love westerners, westerners don't like Poles much and hate Russians. With the recent polls showing Russians seeing through the western BS perhaps will come to hate westerners too and everyone can hate together.


    Sad thing is that Russia could have been a strong western ally... problem is that the west will not tolerate a strong ally... only strong enemies and subservient allies.

    Im english, so I can give a general opinion of how we feel about poles.

    Good workers, cant fault them for that, out of all the different groups that come here they are the most hard working, but they are miserable buggers that look down their noses at the locals and we would prefer most of them to go back to poland. They dont intigrate with us or add anything culturally.

    Different feelings towards czechs, slovaks, hungarians though, they are welcomed. They dont seem to have the 'big country' arrogance that many poles seem to have.

    What about Russians?

    I remember in the 90s it was all Russian mafia, then in the 00s it was all Abramovich, big yachts, Noveu-Rich Russians with homes in London, etc... but I left England 5 years ago so I don't know what the perception is nowadays pirat

    Well, at the minute its  pretty much as you would expect considering our media, nowadays russia is seen as nazi germany/ussr mark 2 and its people a bunch of vodka swilling imperialists who are chomping at the bit to invade europe.  

    Not everyone thinks like that, but it probably sums up the thoughts of the ignorant masses.



    Typical isn't it, things have come full-circle.

    In the 80s the Russkies were communist imperialists and then after some flirtations with mafia and oligarchs they're now back to being imperialists again, albeit in a new flavour.

    No matter what Russia does it's always going to be seen as something negative; the British media is quite literarly the most Russophobic in the world; I've never heard it make even one positive anything in regards to Russia.
    Funilly enough the British media is far more balanced on China; while it's called out for the fact that it's a dictatorship with no freedom of the press (and much worse in all of this than Russia, albeit this is never acknowledged), its economic achievements are often praised, its culture is promoted, etc...

    Well, its all about whats good for british foreign policy, it has nothing to do with the realities of what country A or B is doing. Ive given up on expecting our media to at least be neutral on russia, but thats just not going to happen. Likewise russians should wise up and realise that the west isnt your friend and never will be.

    The west, especially UK/USA only consider you a friend when you arent powerful enough to challenge it, when you are subservient to them. At the point where you are able to refuse their wishes then you become a 'rogue state', a 'threat to world civilisation' and need democracy sending your way.







    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2153
    Points : 2258
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  higurashihougi on Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:56 am

    Werewolf wrote:What boggles me is that germany is counted as "Western" while from historical culture, political history and cooperation and traditions were germany had its best and most prosperous times it was leaning towards itself with good economical and trade relationships to russia. Germany is central europe and i do not affiliate it with the West, except of the current state where the country was purposely Americanized to create the perception that they are our friends and allies, while fact is they are occupying us.

    Actually it is Russia who paved the way for the rise of modern Prussia and surrounding German states, by launching military campaign against Sweden and Poland and crushing these regional power. Prussia took that chance to liberate the German land under these two domination, reinforced its own independence, and later defeated the former Holy Roman Empire factions to create this modern Germany.

    Germany is Western, okay, but it belongs to the upper class of the Western countries. Germany, together with Czech are the centers of European science-technology and has the mightiest industry in all over Europe. That makes Germany become closer to Russia, they both enjoy the leadership of technocrats and industrial leaders.

    Opposition of Germany are France, Poland, UK they are being ruled by corrupted politicians whose daily affairs are licking the foot of Obama.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16172
    Points : 16803
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  GarryB on Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:04 pm


    Well, at the minute its pretty much as you would expect considering our media, nowadays russia is seen as nazi germany/ussr mark 2 and its people a bunch of vodka swilling imperialists who are chomping at the bit to invade europe.

    Don't you find it a little ironic that the British... who had colonies that spanned the entire globe from the US, China, Australia, South Africa, India, etc etc would accuse Russia of being a threat to europe...

    The irony is that the US and UK would love that to be the case so they could justify carving up all those largely untapped resources stretching on forever...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Sponsored content

    Re: Common Lies, Russophobia, Nonsense on Russia:

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:37 pm