Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Ground Forces Technology and Interesting Photos

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Russian Ground Forces Technology and Interesting Photos

Post  sepheronx on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:59 am

x_54_u43 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:What is wrong with the Rostec article?

Everything

Please elaborate. Or we can take it you are simply trolling. Let me remind you, Rostec owns or partially owns KRET. So why would they simply provide no detail or BS regarding their own investment and work?

Last edited by sepheronx on Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:00 am

x_54_u43 wrote:
    magnoncromagnon wrote:You probably mean it's on a PAK-FA airframe test bed, KRET has mentioned bringing ROFAR's towards the PAK-FA 'smart-skin' suite, but the official timeline for when ROFAR's is ready is by the year 2020.

Do you honestly think I am retarded enough to think that radio photonics are on a operational PAK-FA? And no, radio-optical phased array antennas are not the only thing that radio photonics can do, have you considered the possibility that PAK-FA might use fiber optics in its electronic systems? Oh and by the way, since there are no operational PAK-FAs, and only prototype aircraft exists, it stands to reason that I refer to prototype platforms.

As for the rest of your post, thanks for quoting yourself, you must really like hearing yourself talk. In this case, read your own posts. As for that Rostec article, its laughable.

Read this instead if you would like to learn about Russian radio photonics, and note the date: May 12, 2012. That is how long I have been aware of this.

1.) What a knee-jerk reaction, and a unwarranted one. I didn't even insult you, but somehow considered yourself insulted.

2.) I'm quoting a post that broke-down a Rostec article that was in Russian with a machine translation, It's a English speaking forum buddy, by the way I didn't write the article.

3.) You poorly interpreted my post, I was basically agreeing with your post but some how you took offense, you were too pre-occupied grasping straws at the idea that someone attacked your character when they didn't.Rolling Eyes

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:31 am

X_54 seems to know a lot and carries a ton of information, and I am really intrigued to see what he has to say. I am just curious about the BS he says is on the Rostec site. I just find it odd that why they would post something that is BS if they own the company. So I just want to see the explanation. Although, I do find his post pretty critical though, dunno where that came from.

x_54_u43
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  x_54_u43 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:06 am

PapaDragon wrote:Please elaborate. Or we can take it you are simply trolling. Let me remind you, Rostec owns or partially owns KRET. So why would they simply provide no detail or BS regarding their own investment and work?

Me? Troll? Seriously? Well if you really want an answer, it is because it provides absolutely no interesting information. Everything in it was publicly available years before the posting of the article.

All it says is that the new tech makes things smaller, lighter, more powerful etc. All things perfectly obvious.

Honestly, Rostec articles are more blog posts than actual articles. Now if you want articles, then stay tuned to this thread, as their will be LOTS of them posted. Plus it is not specifically about the Russian Ground Forces.

magnumcromagnon wrote:1.) What a knee-jerk reaction, and a unwarranted one. I didn't even insult you, but somehow considered yourself insulted.

2.) I'm quoting a post that broke-down a Rostec article that was in Russian with a machine translation, It's a English speaking forum buddy, by the way I didn't write the article.

3.) You poorly interpreted my post, I was basically agreeing with your post but some how you took offense, you were too pre-occupied grasping straws at the idea that someone attacked your character when they didn't.Rolling Eyes

You know what, you are right. I took GarryB's advice on one of his previous posts on waiting at least 5 minutes before replying to someone you disagree with.

Your reply got me at a bad time, as I was having a screaming match with the neighbor about the curved nature of his supposed-to-be straight fence.

Not only that, but the way you worded your post kinda sounded patronizing, as saying that I "probably meant", implies that I wrote something wrong.

And I did get the impression that you agreed with me, problem is that I really hate when people agree with me, and ESPECIALLY hate to agree with someone else. I'll often say something completely different to what I believe in, just for the sake of disagreeing.

My therapist says that its really unhealthy, but I disagree with her. Anyway, no hard feelings.

Oh and by the way, I do not want to bother the moderator/administrator with this, I think my ignore list is broken?

(BTW: If you are on the list, don't take offense as I use it as marking off posts I have read, as I usually have to switch between tabs and stuff frequently.)

I do not really understand the different colored names, but the red ones are really hard to add to my ignore list, while the blue ones present no difficulty.

Do I have to have a certain amount of reputation or posts to add the red ones to my ignore list? Or is the ignore list broken somehow?

Anyway, stay tuned. I got some stuff I will be uploading on some new Russian thermal imager manufacturing.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:10 am

Fighting with neighbors never end well.

As well, thanks for the information. I will keep tuned to this.

I have a question, do you happen to know which companies (and any technical data) on companies that produce the matrix needed for thermal imagers? I know someone on sdelanounas sent links but the links were disabled. Only one is "Orion" but I cannot find much data.

x_54_u43
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  x_54_u43 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:31 am

sepheronx wrote:Fighting with neighbors never end well.

As well, thanks for the information.  I will keep tuned to this.

I have a question, do you happen to know which companies (and any technical data) on companies that produce the matrix needed for thermal imagers?  I know someone on sdelanounas sent links but the links were disabled.  Only one is "Orion" but I cannot find much data.

That is a difficult question, as there are a lot of things to take into account.

Russian designed, but foreign manufacture? Foreign designed, but Russian manufacture? Russian manufacture and design, but made with foreign industrial machines?

Most of what I know comes from picking up tidbits here and there. I can tell you that Shaheen uses a French "Ulysses" matrix, but I have read that due to ruble devaluation, they are shifting to all domestic.

This thermal imager:

is all Russian manufacture, and if memory serves me correctly, uses Russian industrial machinery to make it.

Sorry Sepheronx, for these kinds of questions, there is not a quick easy data base to access that I know of. Most manufacturers only say if it is in their favor, like say import substitution bragging rights.

But I assure you that I make effort to verify that the things I post are made in Russia and are not license manufacture etc.

Sorry for not being able to provide more information, may I have those links you recieved? I may be able to find your info.

Also could anyone answer my question on the ignore list?

x_54_u43
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  x_54_u43 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:34 am

BTW, found your Orion.

Hate to use Rostec, but whatever.

http://rostec.ru/en/news/2171

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:42 am

x_54_u43 wrote:BTW, found your Orion.

Hate to use Rostec, but whatever.

http://rostec.ru/en/news/2171

Thanks for the info and yeah, that was only real detail I could find besides a post on sdelanounas. But essentially yeah, Orion is apparently one of a couple of companies in Russia whom makes the Matrix used for thermal imagers. Yes, one is definitely a license building in Russia. The other one, I think Orion, is definitely in house. I just cannot find any real data on it though.

x_54_u43
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  x_54_u43 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:45 am

Sepheronx wrote:hanks for the info and yeah, that was only real detail I could find besides a post on sdelanounas. But essentially yeah, Orion is apparently one of a couple of companies in Russia whom makes the Matrix used for thermal imagers. Yes, one is definitely a license building in Russia. The other one, I think Orion, is definitely in house. I just cannot find any real data on it though.

Looked on my shelf, and I found a book you should purchase. It might or might not have some info you seek.

Infrared Techniques and Electro-optics in Russia: A History 1946-2006

Google Link:

https://books.google.com/books?id=e2VAJsXqPUwC&pg=PA198&lpg=PA198&dq=Russian-made+IR+microbolometer&source=bl&ots=fhqi6BnRLb&sig=oZ2IAK7XG5imS2aRfSFY7GBrlu8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCcQ6AEwAWoVChMI-evtt9OvyAIVC1qICh2SFgOu#v=onepage&q&f=false

Could you please answer what is going on with my ignore list, or should I ask admin? Its ok if you do not know.

x_54_u43
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  x_54_u43 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:54 am

Got you the motherload, Sepheronx.

http://microbolometer.ru/catalog/2-ir-sensors.html

Literally exactly what you are looking for, microbolometer.RU

Enjoy.

It was in my link folder all this time lol.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:58 am

x_54_u43 wrote:
    Sepheronx wrote:hanks for the info and yeah, that was only real detail I could find besides a post on sdelanounas. But essentially yeah, Orion is apparently one of a couple of companies in Russia whom makes the Matrix used for thermal imagers. Yes, one is definitely a license building in Russia. The other one, I think Orion, is definitely in house. I just cannot find any real data on it though.

Looked on my shelf, and I found a book you should purchase. It might or might not have some info you seek.

Infrared Techniques and Electro-optics in Russia: A History 1946-2006

Google Link:

https://books.google.com/books?id=e2VAJsXqPUwC&pg=PA198&lpg=PA198&dq=Russian-made+IR+microbolometer&source=bl&ots=fhqi6BnRLb&sig=oZ2IAK7XG5imS2aRfSFY7GBrlu8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCcQ6AEwAWoVChMI-evtt9OvyAIVC1qICh2SFgOu#v=onepage&q&f=false

Could you please answer what is going on with my ignore list, or should I ask admin? Its ok if you do not know.

I am not sure about the issue you are having with your ignore list really. Is there no way you can remove a person from it? I would seriously ask the mods. Chances are, they may ask you to create a new account. It is an option.

Thanks for the links too man, I appreciate it.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:47 am

According to this page, Orion is working on; 

"Performance and operational functionality of 2xl28 (PbS, PbSe), 256x256 (InSb), and 2x256, 4x288 256x256, 384x288, 768x576 (MCT) focal plane arrays (FPA) are specified." 

Note that they use "specified" because a document follows, but of course it requires a membership to the site. 

768x576 array happens to be identical to that of the Catherine-MP. 

(This data was from 07') 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    English versions of what X54 posted on the Cyclone thermals;

http://www.cyclone-jsc.ru/product/cooled-thermal-imaging-camera-golden-eagle/ - Document URL was invalid or something, Golden Eagle.

Owl

Quotes from their website;

"Organization of serial production of 160×120, 384×288, 640×480 and 1024×1024 microbolometers."

"Production of multispectral thermal imaging systems based on QWIP, T2SL type detectors, and microbolometer arrays and other detectors;"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If any of you are wondering. here is Orion's site; http://www.orion-ir.ru/

x_54_u43
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  x_54_u43 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:44 pm

sepheronx wrote:]

I am not sure about the issue you are having with your ignore list really.  Is there no way you can remove a person from it?  I would seriously ask the mods.  Chances are, they may ask you to create a new account.  It is an option.

Oh no, I just want to know why the those with red names are so hard to add to ignore list. Had to go a really roundabout way to do it.

Will be posting some photos on the topic of Russian thermal manufacturing later today.

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:56 pm

x_54_u43 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:]

I am not sure about the issue you are having with your ignore list really.  Is there no way you can remove a person from it?  I would seriously ask the mods.  Chances are, they may ask you to create a new account.  It is an option.

Oh no, I just want to know why the those with red names are so hard to add to ignore list. Had to go a really roundabout way to do it.

Will be posting some photos on the topic of Russian thermal manufacturing later today.

They're admins...you can't ignore them.

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:51 pm

x_54_u43 wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:Please elaborate. Or we can take it you are simply trolling. Let me remind you, Rostec owns or partially owns KRET. So why would they simply provide no detail or BS regarding their own investment and work?

Me? Troll? Seriously? Well if you really want an answer, it is because it provides absolutely no interesting information. Everything in it was publicly available years before the posting of the article.

All it says is that the new tech makes things smaller, lighter, more powerful etc. All things perfectly obvious.

Honestly, Rostec articles are more blog posts than actual articles. Now if you want articles, then stay tuned to this thread, as their will be LOTS of them posted. Plus it is not specifically about the Russian Ground Forces.

magnumcromagnon wrote:1.) What a knee-jerk reaction, and a unwarranted one. I didn't even insult you, but somehow considered yourself insulted.

You know what, you are right. I took GarryB's advice on one of his previous posts on waiting at least 5 minutes before replying to someone you disagree with.

Your reply got me at a bad time, as I was having a screaming match with the neighbor about the curved nature of his supposed-to-be straight fence.

Not only that, but the way you worded your post kinda sounded patronizing, as saying that I "probably meant", implies that I wrote something wrong.

And I did get the impression that you agreed with me, problem is that I really hate when people agree with me, and ESPECIALLY hate to agree with someone else. I'll often say something completely different to what I believe in, just for the sake of disagreeing.

My therapist says that its really unhealthy, but I disagree with her. Anyway, no hard feelings.

Oh and by the way, I do not want to bother the moderator/administrator with this, I think my ignore list is broken?

(BTW: If you are on the list, don't take offense as I use it as marking off posts I have read, as I usually have to switch between tabs and stuff frequently.)

I do not really understand the different colored names, but the red ones are really hard to add to my ignore list, while the blue ones present no difficulty.

Do I have to have a certain amount of reputation or posts to add the red ones to my ignore list? Or is the ignore list broken somehow?

Anyway, stay tuned. I got some stuff I will be uploading on some new Russian thermal imager manufacturing.

Ok, fine, let bygones be bygones. Nice thread btw! Very Happy

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:02 pm

Is that list of all the people you put on ignore?

Well stupid to ask, if it is so then i won't get a reply Laughing and he probably broke the record of amount of people on ignore... not to mention the vast majority of the users here, except himself.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:10 am

The red names are moderators... ignore us at your peril...

The blue names are people who have contributed to keep this forum running.

The green names are people with former military experience.

Note if you do manage to ignore a moderator, then claims you did not get warnings before being banned will not be accepted... angel

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

x_54_u43
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  x_54_u43 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:36 am

Werewolf wrote:Is that list of all the people you put on ignore?

Well stupid to ask, if it is so then i won't get a reply Laughing and he probably broke the record of amount of people on ignore... not to mention the vast majority of the users here, except himself.

GarryB wrote:The red names are moderators... ignore us at your peril...

The blue names are people who have contributed to keep this forum running.

The green names are people with former military experience.

Note if you do manage to ignore a moderator, then claims you did not get warnings before being banned will not be accepted... angel

I do not put people on ignore list to not listen to them, it just makes forum easier to read(bad eyes).

Although a significant majority of those on there I do not bother reading.

I certainly read both Werewolf's and GarryB's posts.

x_54_u43
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  x_54_u43 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:34 am

More interesting photos.

Nuclear engine for you, GarryB.

I am sure you have all seen this below.

x_54_u43
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  x_54_u43 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:11 am

Syria Special: SVP-24 Gefest!

Some other things from Syria.

I wonder if we will see this bad boy.

x_54_u43
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  x_54_u43 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:30 am

Platform-O

Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Cyberspec on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:20 am

x-54,

great thread....thanks

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:16 am

B/c there is a lot of thermal related stuff in this thread, here is a video of footage from the Sosna-U (Catherine-FC); T-72B3 Sosna-U

Some of you may have seen it before, but it is a new find for myself.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:02 pm

Mike E wrote:B/c there is a lot of thermal related stuff in this thread, here is a video of footage from the Sosna-U (Catherine-FC); T-72B3 Sosna-U

Some of you may have seen it before, but it is a new find for myself.

I think TR1 or someone else has posted that or some other video of the footage for a 640 it is very clear but a concern is the filteration of the image, appears to have some minor image processing while using mainly but not exclusivley bhot/whot negative/positive filteration of the image to cover some dead zones between both filteration modes which enhancing target recognitation but not identification on range which can result and has indeed resulted in friendly fire incidents because people could not identify if it was a Bradley or BMP/Tank vehicle.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:38 pm

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:38 pm