Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+52
JohninMK
ali.a.r
nihilusa
Zivo
zg18
Heartbeer
flamming_python
KiloGolf
Project Canada
Werewolf
Grazneyar
AlfaT8
Erk
VARGR198
Khepesh
HeNeArKrXeRn_
calm
eehnie
TheGeorgian
d_taddei2
cheesfactory
arpakola
NationalRus
Regular
Kadmos45
Rodinazombie
sepheronx
Vann7
OminousSpudd
Svyatoslavich
VladimirSahin
Ispan
George1
SturmGuard
Odin of Ossetia
GarryB
ultron
KoTeMoRe
Morpheus Eberhardt
Walther von Oldenburg
ExBeobachter1987
magnumcromagnon
Godric
kvs
franco
Neutrality
PapaDragon
medo
Karl Haushofer
TheArmenian
par far
Cowboy's daughter
56 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24

Khepesh
    Khepesh

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 37 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #24

Post  Khepesh Mon May 30, 2016 5:26 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:That's more or less it, but as I mentioned in previous posts about Peskov's statement, no "merge". I still think that it could be an important factor if polls in US by late summer show possibility of Trump win, then this may push Poroshenko to war out of fear of being abandoned, while he probably feels that with Clinton he is secure.

You cant seriously be naive enough to think US-Russia relations will be restored with a Trump presidency? 2 things you need to know about Trump-Hillary presidential election:

1.) Hillary attended Trumps wedding to win favors.

http://nypost.com/2016/01/12/the-clintons-didnt-give-trump-a-wedding-gift/

2.) Trump donated $100,000 towards the Clinton foundation:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/donald-trump-donations-democrats-hillary-clinton-119071
    Where have I said that a Trump presidency will restore US-Russia relations?

I wrote what I did about potential for war in Ukraine on the basis of perceptions as seen from viewpoint of Poroshenko. It does not matter that whoever is president, the same masters lurk in the background, it will have a psychological effect on Poroshenko if it seems one candidate who seems less likely to support him in war, by his rhetoric at least, may be the winner, than if the other, Clinton, who makes the warlike remarks, may loose. Poroshenko and those in his regime and those who willingly work for his regime have everything to loose, the Americans have nothing to loose, so as I have said on numerous occassions, Poroshenko will have to take his fate in his own hands and not rely on these fucks in Washington.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 37 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #24

Post  TheArmenian Mon May 30, 2016 7:49 pm

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Jesus what a joke of  a country, oh well...

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon May 30, 2016 8:10 pm

I knew someone would bring that one up. I can't vote you up any more.
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Mon May 30, 2016 9:47 pm

Godric wrote:
    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    Ispan wrote:Unfortunately seems the sanctions will not be lifted this year as the US holds Europe by the throat.

Sanctions Against Russia MUST Stay In Place

Ispan wrote:The reason for that was the lack of those willing to continue the military service in the Armed Forces of Ukraine on contract.

That is surprising. I thought the economic situation is so bad that serving in the military is attractive for enough Ukrainians.

I wouldn't guarantee it ... lots of voices of discontent in Italy, France, Spain, Portugal among other countries .... Merkel is getting above her own station many powerful voices in Germany want the sanctions lifted

G7 has already decided to extend the sanctions again.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Mon May 30, 2016 9:50 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:I knew someone would bring that one up. I can't vote you up any more.

There are other ones. Such as...

Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Mon May 30, 2016 9:57 pm

There is a story developing, and with a lot of caveats because everything is still unclear, that the burning down of the old peoples home and the deaths were not an accident. The, so far tentative alternative version, is that this is arson and murder carried out by radikals because these old people had been involved in "Immortal Regiment" in Kiev on 9 May, that they had been followed back to home and that the radikals then plotted murder, and that the fire was the result of molotov cocktails thrown into the building. It seems too vindictive and cruel to believe, but then these radikals are the heirs to perpetrators of Volyn, Babi Yar and countles other horrors on all from the youngest to the oldest and without mercy. Likely this will be officially described as accident with no known cause, just like Odessa. https://cont.ws/post/281908?_utl_t=vk

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2016 10:52 pm

http://news-front.info/2016/05/30/samyj-znamenityj-serbskij-dobrovolec-pokidaet-donbass/?_utl_t=tw

So apparently famous Serbian volonteur Dejan Berić that served as sniper and later an officer in DNR armed forces decided to take a permanent leave soon, due to his worsened back injury he sustained during combat.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #24 - Page 37 Beriu10
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Tue May 31, 2016 12:40 am

Tho he does leave open the possibility of returning, but not for a long time. He also doesn't say that he is going back to Serbia, only that he leaves Donbass, and apparently he now has Russian passport. Sad to think that in Serbia he may not be safe from his own government.
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Tue May 31, 2016 12:51 am

Khepesh wrote:He also doesn't say that he is going back to Serbia, only that he leaves Donbass, and apparently he now has Russian passport.

Smile

I was worried he would be forced to return to Serbia where the pro-European authorities would imprison him.

Post  Guest Tue May 31, 2016 1:45 am

Khepesh wrote:Tho he does leave open the possibility of returning, but not for a long time. He also doesn't say that he is going back to Serbia, only that he leaves Donbass, and apparently he now has Russian passport. Sad to think that in Serbia he may not be safe from his own government.

Yeah he also said he will stay for at least some more time till they deal with "few more Ukrainian snipers" and till training of new snipers is over. And yeah even in original Serbian version he does not mention where is he leaving, so i assume he will move to Russia.

Funny enough last time when he was here, two guys from BIA (Security Information Agency) came to his house and said "Police is preparing to arrest you in 2 days, so we advise you to leave country asap". So there are still certain... figures on position that are extremly pro Russian in all possible meanings of that syntax.

Post  Guest Tue May 31, 2016 1:47 am

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:He also doesn't say that he is going back to Serbia, only that he leaves Donbass, and apparently he now has Russian passport.

Smile

I was worried he would be forced to return to Serbia where the pro-European authorities would imprison him.

That is not out of the question sadly if he moves here permanently.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Tue May 31, 2016 1:59 am

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    Godric wrote:
    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    Ispan wrote:Unfortunately seems the sanctions will not be lifted this year as the US holds Europe by the throat.

Ispan wrote:The reason for that was the lack of those willing to continue the military service in the Armed Forces of Ukraine on contract.

That is surprising. I thought the economic situation is so bad that serving in the military is attractive for enough Ukrainians.

I wouldn't guarantee it ... lots of voices of discontent in Italy, France, Spain, Portugal among other countries .... Merkel is getting above her own station many powerful voices in Germany want the sanctions lifted

Actually they do Russia a favor with extending of sanctions. They will only strengthen Russian real economy and longer will sanctions last, less chances will western companies have to return to the Russian market.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Tue May 31, 2016 2:03 am

medo wrote:
    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    Godric wrote:
    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:

Actually they do Russia a favor with extending of sanctions. They will only strengthen Russian real economy and longer will sanctions last, less chances will western companies have to return to the Russian market.

But Russia still has too many liberals in leading position. Like Kudrin. Kudrin would return Crimea for better relations with the West.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Tue May 31, 2016 2:44 am

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    medo wrote:
    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    Godric wrote:
    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:

But Russia still has too many liberals in leading position. Like Kudrin. Kudrin would return Crimea for better relations with the West.

Kudrin?!

He has no authority whatsoever, at best he's part of some advisory group and that's it.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue May 31, 2016 4:05 am

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:

Smile

Some other guys already returned, nobody was sent to prison last time I checked. NGOs were screaming bloody murder naturally, but overall very few fucks were given.

I think this arrest talk is more of a PR tactics rather than real concern.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue May 31, 2016 4:22 am

AlfaT8 wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    medo wrote:
    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    Godric wrote:
    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:

Kudrin?!

He has no authority whatsoever, at best he's part of some advisory group and that's it.

Kudrin is head of a economic think tank organization more or less. They do research and submit ideas and attend conferences. He has no authority but does have his 20 second spot on mic. Which I find stupid. But he does not hide his stupidity. If he keeps it up though, he may find himself in the populations crosshairs and they are less forgiving (Navalny I think is used to getting eggs thrown at him).

I think this think tank is one of few. It just now gets spot light due to his former position. BTW, I think this think tank was set up by Gaider Institute, so that should say a lot.....
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Tue May 31, 2016 7:49 am

Summary of spring campaign March- May

I have spent several days compiling the reports to get the big picture.

It's in Spanish but it has been elaborated based on DPR situation reports, so with google translate, and checking the date of the report you can go to the original source in English and read it.

http://dninews.com/categories/dpr-situation-reports

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2016/05/30/resumen-primavera/

In a nutshell: Ukraine's small scale attrition war is not making any progress, I estimate they have suffered between 5.000-10.000 casualties in these last three months and their military is degrading. They can go on for another 3 months like this, but not a whole year. They will have to launch an offensive this summer else their forces will erode and lose the margin of superiority they still possess.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue May 31, 2016 11:05 am

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=72c_1464595804

Free laughs for you.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:42 am

Offshorenko & co sign with IMF a memorandum of "debilization" of Ukraine. Have some fun. Laughing
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:48 am

Lyashko rename Offshorenko's party in Block of Panama patriots.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:20 am

Yasinovataya checkpoint yesterday.

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:10 am

Interesting that the orcs have not cratered the road but have dug in essence fighting positions for themselves. The block post tower on the ork side was sending rounds to our boys, you can hear the rounds wiffing past. Don't know what they fired at the end but I saw the flash from the ork side.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:52 am

They got the range for that smokescreen spot on.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:55 am

Orcs arms dump self destructing. Cause unknown.

Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:00 am

On Friday I posted about the mood music changing as regards statements from Zakharchenko and Pushilin, and that IMO at least all of Novorossiya will be liberated and probably all the left bank, including the non Novorossiya oblasts of Sumy, Chernigov and Poltava, and that Kiev will eventually be included. So, today Pushilin says that all Ukraine will join Russia, but not all at once, and he says about Zaporozhye and Sumy, tho he uses the name Slobozhanshchina as it includes Sumy and part of Poltava oblast, and Kharkov and even Belgorod. So the reality is that it is the name for an area of western Russia, and I think an important nuance to use that name as it joins at least part of "Ukraine" with Russia as one entity. Pushilin also says that the more Kiev delays implementing Minsk, then the option of all Ukraine joining Russia becomes more possible. Whether these statements are simply trolling or whatever else, it is interesting that they are being made. I wonder now long before MSM start to realise what is being said, as it could be used as propaganda to "proove" Russia intends to invade Ukraine. http://pravdanews.info/pushilin-kharkov-i-zaporozhe-prisoedinyatsya-k-rossii.html

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 pm