Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian Civil War: News #7

    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Guest on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:31 pm

    "Two U.S. Air Force B-52 Stratofortress aircraft from Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana, have arrived at Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar, on Apr. 9, 2016.

    The aircraft will operate in support of Operation Inherent Resolve, the air war against ISIS replacing the B-1 Lancers, the last of those returned stateside in January, after a 6-month deployment worth 3,800 munitions on 3,700 targets in 490 sorties. By the way, the B-1s could return to the Mideast this summer after they receive additional cockpit upgrades…

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 B-52-ISIS-706x470

    Although the B-52s are capable to perform round-trip missions directly from their homebase as demonstrated in May 2015, when two B-52Hs showed their ability to do on a range in Jordan (a 14,000 miles 30-hour trip to drop some 500-lb GBU-38 JDAM – Joint Direct Attack Munition – bombs in an old-fashioned carpet bombing mission) the about 60 years old “Buffs” (Big Ugly Fat Fellas) will be stationed at Al Udeid in Qatar, the first deployment of the Stratofortress in the region after the Gulf War.

    Dealing with the type of mission the B-52s will carry out in support of Operation Inherent Resolve, it will probably be the same of the B-1s: Close Air Support and Air Interdiction delivering a wide variety of PGMs (Precision Guided Munitions), including JDAMs on ISIS positions."


    Well ill put it here...

    Source: http://theaviationist.com/?p=38104
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Guest on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:34 pm

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 CflvE-SWQAAh6f2

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 CflvFFEWIAA1vcV

    Okay....slat armor is one thing... how does exacly military literature refers to THIS?
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 5264
    Points : 5417
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:36 pm

    Militarov wrote:"Two U.S. Air Force B-52 Stratofortress aircraft from Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana, have arrived at Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar, on Apr. 9, 2016.

    The aircraft will operate in support of Operation Inherent Resolve, the air war against ISIS replacing the B-1 Lancers, the last of those returned stateside in January, after a 6-month deployment worth 3,800 munitions on 3,700 targets in 490 sorties. By the way, the B-1s could return to the Mideast this summer after they receive additional cockpit upgrades…

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 B-52-ISIS-706x470

    Although the B-52s are capable to perform round-trip missions directly from their homebase as demonstrated in May 2015, when two B-52Hs showed their ability to do on a range in Jordan (a 14,000 miles 30-hour trip to drop some 500-lb GBU-38 JDAM – Joint Direct Attack Munition – bombs in an old-fashioned carpet bombing mission) the about 60 years old “Buffs” (Big Ugly Fat Fellas) will be stationed at Al Udeid in Qatar, the first deployment of the Stratofortress in the region after the Gulf War.

    Dealing with the type of mission the B-52s will carry out in support of Operation Inherent Resolve, it will probably be the same of the B-1s: Close Air Support and Air Interdiction delivering a wide variety of PGMs (Precision Guided Munitions), including JDAMs on ISIS positions."


    Well ill put it here...

    Source: http://theaviationist.com/?p=38104

    Nothing is more laughable than this....Fighting ISIS by stationing your bombers in Qatar....What next, fighting demons from hell by living and paying rent in the same apartment Satan is boarding in.... lol1 Embarassed Razz
    mack8
    mack8

    Posts : 953
    Points : 1009
    Join date : 2013-08-02

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  mack8 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:39 pm

    SyAAF MiG-23BN footage from Dumayr AB:


    Also footage of SyAAF MiG-23MLDE and Su-22M-4 from Sharyat AB:

    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Guest on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:49 pm



    A10 in action over Syria, quite nice shot
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

    Posts : 1546
    Points : 1724
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty reply

    Post  d_taddei2 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:57 am

    Militarov wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 CflvE-SWQAAh6f2

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 CflvFFEWIAA1vcV

    Okay....slat armor is one thing... how does exacly military literature refers to THIS?


    looool, well you have to give them 10 out 10 for effort, and the this would actually be effective, although i think they have went a little too high with the roof section looks like something out of mad max or robot wars lol
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

    Posts : 896
    Points : 903
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 24
    Location : New Zealand

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  OminousSpudd on Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:30 am

    d_taddei2 wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 CflvE-SWQAAh6f2

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 CflvFFEWIAA1vcV

    Okay....slat armor is one thing... how does exacly military literature refers to THIS?


    looool, well you have to give them 10 out 10 for effort, and the this would actually be effective, although i think they have went a little too high with the roof section looks like something out of mad max or robot wars lol

    In theory it could work a lot like these did: http://www.militaryheritage.com/images/revwar1.gif
    Zivo
    Zivo

    Posts : 1488
    Points : 1514
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Zivo on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:29 am

    Militarov wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 CflvE-SWQAAh6f2

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 CflvFFEWIAA1vcV

    Okay....slat armor is one thing... how does exacly military literature refers to THIS?

    lol, I cant even tell what's under it.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Guest on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:54 am



    Al Nusra released video of storming Zaytan village with a tank & 3 BMP's in S-Aleppo. I dont see any kind of resistance tbh, but first 30 seconds of video are interesting due to equipment.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Guest on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:55 am

    Militarov wrote:

    Al Nusra released video of storming Zaytan village with a tank & 3 BMP's in S-Aleppo. I dont see any kind of resistance tbh, but first 30 seconds of video are interesting due to equipment.



    Also video of previous preparations
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Guest on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:58 am

    Zivo wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 CflvE-SWQAAh6f2

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 CflvFFEWIAA1vcV

    Okay....slat armor is one thing... how does exacly military literature refers to THIS?

    lol, I cant even tell what's under it.

    Its T72AV, they call this one "The Beast" Very Happy
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6627
    Points : 6694
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:32 pm

    We have not seen film of many ammo dumps being hit in this war. This is a classic from S Aleppo, probably the night before last. Obviously a big dump so a problem for the terrorists.

    Werewolf
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5252
    Points : 5455
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:49 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    Zivo wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 CflvE-SWQAAh6f2

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 CflvFFEWIAA1vcV

    Okay....slat armor is one thing... how does exacly military literature refers to THIS?

    lol, I cant even tell what's under it.

    Its T72AV, they call this one "The Beast" Very Happy

    Maybe they should let their beast out of the cage and unleash it?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 8313
    Points : 8397
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  PapaDragon on Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:58 pm

    Militarov wrote:..............

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 CflvFFEWIAA1vcV

    Okay....slat armor is one thing... how does exacly military literature refers to THIS?

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 COMIC-MOVIES-300
    avatar
    ultron

    Posts : 588
    Points : 569
    Join date : 2015-09-18

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  ultron on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:06 am

    Rebels launched a huge offensive in Latakia province and captured Jabal Qalat.

    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/reinforcements-pour-northern-latakia-help-drive-back-nusra/
    avatar
    ultron

    Posts : 588
    Points : 569
    Join date : 2015-09-18

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  ultron on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:12 am

    Rebels captured Bayda village in Latakia province. Russia simply does not know what breaking ceasefire means.   Shocked
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2269
    Points : 2360
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  higurashihougi on Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:12 am

    Probably a false flag ? Question Question

    https://www.rt.com/news/339100-syria-russia-aleppo-operation/

    After liberating Palmyra from terrorist group Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL), Syrian forces are now preparing a similar operation for the country’s second-largest city, Aleppo, Russian agencies reported citing Syrian PM Wael Nader Halaki.
    avatar
    Azi

    Posts : 260
    Points : 256
    Join date : 2016-04-05

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Azi on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:14 am

    higurashihougi wrote:Probably a false flag ? Question  Question
    Big SAA and militia convoys are reported to be heading for Aleppo. Something big is going on there!
    avatar
    Azi

    Posts : 260
    Points : 256
    Join date : 2016-04-05

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Azi on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:24 am

    ultron wrote:Rebels captured Bayda village in Latakia province. Russia simply does not know what breaking ceasefire means.   Shocked
    Syrian forces were deployed for liberation of Palmyra and al-Qaryatayn, you can't move thousands of troops in seconds for hundreds of kilometres. The gains made by rebels were small, a few villages not more. Now SAA and RuAF prepare for a major offense in Aleppo area. It will take some time to gather the troops and we will see in a few days (maybe weeks) what the outcome will be.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6627
    Points : 6694
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:48 am

    Azi wrote:
    Syrian forces were deployed for liberation of Palmyra and al-Qaryatayn, you can't move thousands of troops in seconds for hundreds of kilometres. The gains made by rebels were small, a few villages not more. Now SAA and RuAF prepare for a major offense in Aleppo area. It will take some time to gather the troops and we will see in a few days (maybe weeks) what the outcome will be.
    That poster is on many on here's ignore list, by quoting him you bypass that.

    We really just can't tell what is happening in the ebb and flow of what is clearly a very fluid situation, often dependant on sporadic resupply of manpower/ammo/food from over the borders. For example my quote below. As you say, what really matters are the big targets. The guerilla war could go on for quite sometime.

    Aldin Abazović ‏@Ald_Aba 1h1 hour ago

    #Latakia - #SAA regain Jabal Abu Ali after briefly lost it yesterday.

    avatar
    ultron

    Posts : 588
    Points : 569
    Join date : 2015-09-18

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  ultron on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:39 pm

    The day terminators are deployed is the day rebels are history. Rebels breed too fast. In Idlib province they keep 100,000 women for breeding and breed about 50,000 new warriors every year.

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 8313
    Points : 8397
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:53 pm

    Azi wrote:
    ultron wrote:BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS..............
    Syrian forces were deployed for liberation of Palmyra and al-Qaryatayn, you can't move thousands of troops in seconds for hundreds of kilometres. The gains made by rebels were small, a few villages not more. Now SAA and RuAF prepare for a major offense in Aleppo area. It will take some time to gather the troops and we will see in a few days (maybe weeks) what the outcome will be.

    Agreed and thank you for your input but please do not quote that moron.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6627
    Points : 6694
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  JohninMK on Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:13 pm

    Two new maps with ISIS regained territory. Have not seen the first cartographer before

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 CfwydwVVAAAnpMb

    And from a more known author

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 IHQovpm
    calm
    calm

    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  calm on Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:34 pm

    The Biggest Battle of 5 years long war is about to start.

    Al-Nusra Front Deploys Up to 10,000 Terrorists Near Aleppo - Russian MoD

    According to the Russian General Staff, al-Nusra Front terrorist group has deployed up to 10,000 militants near the Syrian city of Aleppo ahead of a major offensive.

    "According to our intelligence, about 8,000 al-Nusra Front militants have been deployed south-west of Aleppo, while up to 1,500 militants have been deployed north of the city," Lt. Gen. Sergei Rudskoy said Monday.


    "If these attacks are successful, the northern parts of Syria could fall under blockade again. That's why all actions by the Syrian army and the Russian aviation are aimed now at thwarting al-Nusra Front's plans. No storming of the city of Aleppo is being planned," the general stressed.
    avatar
    ultron

    Posts : 588
    Points : 569
    Join date : 2015-09-18

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  ultron on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:27 pm

    IS shot down another SAA jet. At this rate SAA have no more jets and Russia won't give any jets so SAA will have to use artillery only.

    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-isis-downs-syrian-jet-eastern-outskirts-damascus/

    Sponsored content

    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 22 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:56 am