Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Ratnik combat gear

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Ratnik combat gear

Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:31 pm

sepheronx wrote:Rumor still stands that AEK 971M won the competition for Ratnik. Will more than likely become main assault rifle of Russian armed forces.

I am looking forward to the pics.

But it's still just a rumor and has not been confirmed, both rifles passed their state trials and Kalashnikov has a balanced recoil rifle called the 'AK-107' so it's a moot-point to choose the AEK for just the balanced recoil system alone. Here's a .gif displaying the AK-107 balanced recoil system:

Here's what I believe to be the modernized AK-12 version of the AK-107 displayed at 4:50 of the video:

...Not to be confused with AEK-973:

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Viktor wrote:Nice  thumbsup 

"Friend or foe" for personnel
    I was wondering when they were gonna try this, it's a good idea for friendly fire and all, but the problem lies in the fact that personnel IFF would more susceptible to being compromised then the IFF of ships, tanks and aircraft, so i am very curious to how there going to resolve this issue.  Neutral

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:04 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:

I was wondering when they were gonna try this, it's a good idea for friendly fire and all, but the problem lies in the fact that personnel IFF would more susceptible to being compromised then the IFF of ships, tanks and aircraft, so i am very curious to how there going to resolve this issue.  Neutral

The funny, well macabre better to say, thing about IFF when it was used in Iraqi "Freedom" by US soldiers they fired upon own troops with IFF sensors because at night it looked like muzzle flash of gun fire, and since there was nearby gunfire from Iraqi troops they confused the sides and fired upon own troops.

The IFF sensors for troops the US used is a device on their uniform that creates a blinking signal in IR spectrum which can only be seen with Thermal sights or Night Vision sights that cover IR spectrum to a low level. I hope that they have changed it to a better system.

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:59 am

Werewolf wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:

The funny, well macabre better to say, thing about IFF when it was used in Iraqi "Freedom" by US soldiers they fired upon own troops with IFF sensors because at night it looked like muzzle flash of gun fire, and since there was nearby gunfire from Iraqi troops they confused the sides and fired upon own troops.

The IFF sensors for troops the US used is a device on their uniform that creates a blinking signal in IR spectrum which can only be seen with Thermal sights or Night Vision sights that cover IR spectrum to a low level. I hope that they have changed it to a better system.
    I don't thinks thats the type of IFF there talking about, nor do i believe blinking low spectrum IR light qualifies as a proper IFF, from what there describing in the article, the IFF method would be more similar to that of aircraft, basically identifying themselves as friendly to the HUDs of nearby friendlies, and updating there position on a digital map in command vehicles/bases.

On that note: Does the new Russian kit include HUDs??

Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Zivo on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:29 am

On that note: Does the new Russian kit include HUDs??

IIRC there was a video posed to the "ground forces-news" thread, which had a bunch of soldiers in the new gear being inspected. I'm not 100% sure, but the squad leader had an eyepiece, no one else did though. Even if only one guy has it, it will significantly aid in SA for the squad.

I would assume the more elite the unit is, the better/more gear they will get. But for the regulars, having 10 squads with one IFF system for each squad, is better than having one squad with ten IFF systems.

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:05 pm

Nice  thumbsup 

Army commanders receive sensory tables with digital maps

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:41 am

Russia’s Army to Get ‘Future Soldier’ Gear in October – Defense Ministry

ALABINO (Moscow Region), August 5 (RIA Novosti) – The Russian Defense Ministry hopes to start purchases of domestically designed «future soldier» gear Ratnik, which is currently in its final trials, already in October, the head of a military and scientific department of Russia’s Ground Forces said Tuesday.

“Ratnik is currently undergoing its final tests and we hope that since October all the components will be purchased in series and supplied to the troops,” Aleksander Romanyuta said

“If any deficiencies are found, they will be eliminated during the first year of exploitation,” he said.

The head of the Tochmash state arms firm based near Moscow, Dmitry Semizorov, said the Russian Defense Ministry plans to get 50,000 Ratnik sets annually. This will allow the industry to fulfill the task of providing the Army with 70 percent of the new equipment.

Semizorov added that the weapons-making agency has also started creating a new combat gear that is set to replace Ratnik in coming years.

Ratnik comprises about 50 components, including firearms, body armor and optical, communication and navigation devices, as well as life support and power supply systems.

The equipment can be used by regular infantry, paratroopers, rocket launcher operators, machine gunners, drivers and scouts.

Many other nations have similar future soldier equipment programs in progress, including the US Land Warrior, Germany’s IdZ, Britain’s FIST, Spain’s COMFUT, Sweden’s IMESS and France’s FELIN.

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:52 am

Few more months until the production kicks in  thumbsup 

Ministry of Defence: Army gets the equipment "future soldier" in October

Cpt Caz
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Cpt Caz on Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:49 am

A new pic of the improved AEK-971:

Beautiful design Smile

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:04 am

Looks good! Is this the 971S or 973S?

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:37 am

Mike E wrote:Looks good! Is this the 971S or 973S?

AEK-971 you can see it on the calibre that is engraved on the side. (5.45x39mm)

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:44 am

Thanks!  Very Happy  - I must be blind or something...

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:39 pm

Here is a new video on the Ratnik, unfortunately it is only in Russian...

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:37 am

Man, instead of them always showcasing it, they need to release it already. Get it to the troops who will need it. Especially with how things are going now, Russian troops will need to be very well trained and equipped.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:59 pm

True dat! I wonder if it is ready and Russia can't buy it or something like that...

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:05 am

Last report I heard they were going to start introducing it in October this year.

ie not field tests, but operational deployment.

I would suspect certain units who were field testing it are likely using it now as standard.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:36 am

GarryB wrote:Last report I heard they were going to start introducing it in October this year.

ie not field tests, but operational deployment.

I would suspect certain units who were field testing it are likely using it now as standard.
    Great to hear! cheers 

Even better...

Isn't it funny that Russian troops will have Ratnik before many US troops will have their equivalent? - People see the US as a leader in that kind of thing... Anyway, do you know what kind of troops will be equipped with Ratnik or no? (VDV or what areas etc)

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:55 am

Russia to Start Field Tests of ‘Future Soldier’ Gear in December

MOSCOW, October 1 (RIA Novosti) - Field testing of cutting-edge combat gear for Russian soldiers will begin in December, Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Land Force, Col. Gen. Oleg Salyukov, said Wednesday.

“The Ratnik combat kit is currently undergoing the final stage of state trials. In December, field tests will begin in units of the Ground Forces, the Airborne Forces and the Marine Infantry of the Navy,” he said.

The Ratnik (Warrior) set is comprised of more than 40 components, including firearms, body armor and optical, communication and navigation devices, as well as life support and power supply systems.

Other nations have similar futuristic combat kits, including the US Land Warrior, Germany's IdZ, Britain's FIST, Spain's ComFut, Switzerland’s IMESS and France's FELIN.

partizan
    Private
    Private

Post  partizan on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:33 am

What is the price of one set?

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:25 am

$55.26 without rifle and ammunition.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

NationalRus
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  NationalRus on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:56 am

lol so the overblown AK-12 has been scraped lol1

partizan
    Private
    Private

Post  partizan on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:05 am

GarryB wrote:$55.26 without rifle and ammunition.
    Am I missing something? Only 55 dollars? Anyway, thanks.

Asf
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  Asf on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:11 am

55$? New "VKBO" field uniform costs more...

NationalRus
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  NationalRus on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:31 am

the whole set would be close to 15.000$ (im guessing to lazy too look up)

a military bodyarmour already costs 2.000$ + 400$ for helmet + military nightvision another 4.000$+ thats already 6k+ for the basic stuff, and communication equipment etc. comes too....

so ~15.000-25.000$

Asf
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  Asf on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:00 pm

click

- 'Ratnik' contract is signed.
    - It will take three years to complete it.
    - First 'ratniks' will be shipped in this year.
    - There will be shown an export version of 'Ratnik' in 2015 in Abu-Dhabi

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:03 pm

Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:03 pm