Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Ratnik combat gear

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Ratnik combat gear

Post  George1 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:20 pm

All Russian peacekeepers got equipment "Warrior"

In "Warrior" includes winter and summer bilateral camouflage kits that let you perform a variety of tasks at high altitudes

SAMARA, February 18. / Corr. Alexei Sokolov TASS /. All military personnel only Russian peacekeeping brigade received military equipment "Warrior". On Thursday said the commander of the 2nd Guards Combined Arms Army of the Central Military District, Major General Igor Seritsky.

"In February, a fully completed equips military peacekeeping connection of a new form of" Warrior "- Seritsky said.

More than two thousand people are in the team.

In "Warrior" includes winter and summer bilateral camouflage kits that let you perform a variety of tasks at high altitude at the temperature from minus 25 to plus 45 degrees Celsius. As part of the ammunition 40 protection and life support elements, including flak jackets and Armed helms, waterproof overalls, hearing protection, vision, elbow and knee joints. There is also a self-contained heat source, individual water filter, a means of first aid and respiratory protection.

Russia's first peacekeeping brigade was created in the Samara region in 2005. It is designed to solve the problems of peacekeeping in the CIS, but may act under a UN mandate, if necessary, outside the Commonwealth. Its military tasks performed in Transnistria, Abkhazia and South Ossetia, as well as participated in international exercises "Peace Mission", "indestructible brotherhood" and others.

Подробнее на ТАСС:
    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/2678215&usg=ALkJrhglqw1F9meoSRDWNXd7TbAsMxQC9w

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:00 am

Ratnik: Russian Army in North Caucasus Receives 1,000 Next-Gen Soldier Kits

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20160222/1035151095/ratnik-russia.html#ixzz40sirepM0

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:41 pm

Courtesy of DTA!

New LATW for Ratnik.

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:09 am

The new technology will allow to receive and transmit signals without extraneous noise and in high quality

"The development utilizes the latest technology - transmission of sound through bone headphones When a fighter says or accept commands, sound is not through the ears and traditional microphones, and through the bones of the head, so to speak -.. Through the temples are transmitted vibrations, which are read by the equipment. Thus, fighter has the ability to simultaneously receive radio commands and hear everything that happens on the battlefield, "- a spokesman said.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fvpk.name%2Fnews%2F154026_opk_sozdala_garnituru_svyazi_dlya_soldata_budushego_peredayushuyu_zvuk_cherez_kosti_cherepa.html&edit-text=&act=url

Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Zivo on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:38 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    The new technology will allow to receive and transmit signals without extraneous noise and in high quality

"The development utilizes the latest technology - transmission of sound through bone headphones When a fighter says or accept commands, sound is not through the ears and traditional microphones, and through the bones of the head, so to speak -.. Through the temples are transmitted vibrations, which are read by the equipment. Thus, fighter has the ability to simultaneously receive radio commands and hear everything that happens on the battlefield, "- a spokesman said.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fvpk.name%2Fnews%2F154026_opk_sozdala_garnituru_svyazi_dlya_soldata_budushego_peredayushuyu_zvuk_cherez_kosti_cherepa.html&edit-text=&act=url

There are some products that use bone conduction audio on the market, but I don't think I've ever seen it used by a military.

Has anyone here used headphones like this before? My understanding of it is that by leaving the ears open, a user can still hear their surroundings, and transmissions are supposed to sound as if the person is right next to you.

ult
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Post  ult on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:02 pm

Desert variant of 6Sh122 and 6Sh117 in Palmyra.

zg18
    Major
    Major

Post  zg18 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:29 pm

Interesting

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:31 pm

OK...they've found unobtainium.

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:55 pm

Awesome shades thumbsup

OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

Post  OminousSpudd on Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:27 am

zg18 wrote:Interesting

Someone please explain this, my head hurts.

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:38 am

OminousSpudd wrote:

Teflon aramid suit? Nothing exactly new. But most probably new mix of aramids allows for small shrapnels to be picked up as well as the pressure. Some of them are being used as spall liners when graphite is added.

OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

Post  OminousSpudd on Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:42 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:

Teflon aramid suit? Nothing exactly new. But most probably new mix of aramids allows for small shrapnels to be picked up as well as the pressure. Some of them are being used as spall liners when graphite is added.
    Which explains why she isn't deaf I suppose. Or suffering brain trauma. Or dead. Suspect

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:32 am

OminousSpudd wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:

Which explains why she isn't deaf I suppose. Or suffering brain trauma. Or dead. Suspect

http://pdf.directindustry.com/pdf/teijin-aramid/twaron-t765-new-spall-liner-solution/18087-522973.html

Also these are rather pyrotechnical avatars, not exactly a field full of MON's.

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:36 am

"The development of fifth-generation night-vision devices will cost 500 million rubles ($7.5 million), Katod Enterprise Director for Special Projects Alexei Yenin told TASS on Tuesday. Night-vision devices should be developed within the next five years, he added. "The problem we face today relates to an electron-sensitive matrix, i.e. a component Russia has not produced yet but is currently developing. As soon as this problem is resolved, such a device will be developed," Yenin said. According to him, new-generation night-vision devices can be launched into production within two-three years, if the electron-sensitive matrix is developed.

Preliminary estimates show that the project will cost 500 million rubles, the executive said. "I think that we will have to resolve this problem within the next five years in any case; otherwise we will lag behind our rivals considerably," Yenin said. As it was reported earlier, the Katod Enterprise is planning to start producing fourth-generation electro-optical image converters and night-vision devices on their basis within the next two years.

Fifth-generation devices have an absolutely different design and it is far more difficult to organize their production. As of today, third-generation night-vision devices are the most advanced and efficient systems. Only three companies in the world have managed to organize their serial production, with two of them in the United States and one, i.e. the Katod Enterprise, in Russia.

Last year, the Katod Enterprise increased the output of electro-optical image converters by 50%, Yenin said, without specifying the exact figures."

Source: http://www.armyrecognition.com/weapons_defence_industry_military_technology_uk/russia_to_spend_$75_million_on_developing_fifth-generation_night-vision_devices_tass_31304162.html

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:31 am

Militarov wrote:"The development of fifth-generation night-vision devices will cost 500 million rubles ($7.5 million), Katod Enterprise Director for Special Projects Alexei Yenin told TASS on Tuesday. Night-vision devices should be developed within the next five years, he added. "The problem we face today relates to an electron-sensitive matrix, i.e. a component Russia has not produced yet but is currently developing. As soon as this problem is resolved, such a device will be developed," Yenin said. According to him, new-generation night-vision devices can be launched into production within two-three years, if the electron-sensitive matrix is developed.

Preliminary estimates show that the project will cost 500 million rubles, the executive said. "I think that we will have to resolve this problem within the next five years in any case; otherwise we will lag behind our rivals considerably," Yenin said. As it was reported earlier, the Katod Enterprise is planning to start producing fourth-generation electro-optical image converters and night-vision devices on their basis within the next two years.

Fifth-generation devices have an absolutely different design and it is far more difficult to organize their production. As of today, third-generation night-vision devices are the most advanced and efficient systems. Only three companies in the world have managed to organize their serial production, with two of them in the United States and one, i.e. the Katod Enterprise, in Russia.

Last year, the Katod Enterprise increased the output of electro-optical image converters by 50%, Yenin said, without specifying the exact figures."

Source: http://www.armyrecognition.com/weapons_defence_industry_military_technology_uk/russia_to_spend_$75_million_on_developing_fifth-generation_night-vision_devices_tass_31304162.html

Haha mother******* leeches.

Meanwhile IWT's Shadow just stands on its ass...

http://inwetech.ru/en/product/teplovizionnye_ochki_iwt_shadow_3d

Sometimes you just fucking ask yourself...why?

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:32 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:"The development of fifth-generation night-vision devices will cost 500 million rubles ($7.5 million), Katod Enterprise Director for Special Projects Alexei Yenin told TASS on Tuesday. Night-vision devices should be developed within the next five years, he added. "The problem we face today relates to an electron-sensitive matrix, i.e. a component Russia has not produced yet but is currently developing. As soon as this problem is resolved, such a device will be developed," Yenin said. According to him, new-generation night-vision devices can be launched into production within two-three years, if the electron-sensitive matrix is developed.

By 2020. Russians will end up with 10ish Western types of sights and 20ish own and Belarussian in service on various scales. Fkn mess.

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:35 am

Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

By 2020. Russians will end up with 10ish Western types of sights and 20ish own and Belarussian in service on various scales. Fkn mess.

Yeah one of those things that actually underscore the corruption level that still thrives. And no joke look at their devices in Syria and Ukraine.

Frightening telltale of some of the surviving messes from transition era.

Mr_Blob
    Private
    Private

Post  Mr_Blob on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:33 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Are you sure that product is not based upon an imported microbolometer however ? I am thinking about VOx Ulis matrices

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:42 pm

I don't get it. Russia makes its own microbolometers and matrices. They are saying they don't? NPO Orion makes them, so does others. X-58 on this forums posted about it.

Mr_Blob
    Private
    Private

Post  Mr_Blob on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:54 pm

sepheronx wrote:I don't get it. Russia makes its own microbolometers and matrices. They are saying they don't? NPO Orion makes them, so does others. X-58 on this forums posted about it.
    I could only find cooled HgCdTe sensor in the 8-12micron band on orion webpage. No uncooled microbolometer whatsoever, nor any 640*480 sensor; pitch size is also very different from Kotemore's glasses. This is why I am asking. Of course one could always say they are not branding those, but I would prefer to be sure and have someone knowledgeable tell us

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:03 pm

Hmm, so Orion only makes cooled Microbolometers? Cause I know they are making the thermal imagers to replace the French thermals made in Russia. But these are for armored units. I seriously thought it was uncooled.

Mr_Blob
    Private
    Private

Post  Mr_Blob on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:11 pm

sepheronx wrote:Hmm, so Orion only makes cooled Microbolometers? Cause I know they are making the thermal imagers to replace the French thermals made in Russia. But these are for armored units. I seriously thought it was uncooled.
    The Catherine cameras on T-90s are based on a Sofradir HgCdTe sensor and indeed those are cooled. Uncooled cameras are of course lighter (not having the big cryostat to carry) but also worse at detecting hot objects.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:20 pm

I am not knowledgeable on this tech, but is there any way they can reduce the matrix so it doesn't require the cooling? Since Armata uses what Orion makes.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:23 pm

Just a note, schvab is the owner of NPO Orion and the only maker of microbolometers in Russia, I think. I'll check when I get back home.

Mr_Blob
    Private
    Private

Post  Mr_Blob on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:38 pm

sepheronx wrote:I am not knowledgeable on this tech, but is there any way they can reduce the matrix so it doesn't require the cooling? Since Armata uses what Orion makes.
    I am no more knowledgeable than you are Very Happy I guess you would get way too much noise on that kind of sensor without cooling it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:43 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:43 am